PDA

View Full Version : Blue By You or Pacific Blue?

uhoh_evo
01-18-2004, 04:10 PM
For any of the other blue evo owners have you noticed that mitsubishi calls it "blue by you" but when you buy touch up paint, the color is pacific blue? the touch up matches my car and all. just wondering.

vtluu
01-19-2004, 12:16 AM
The name of the color can be anything people in Marketing can pull out of their a$$es (no offense intended to anybody out there who works in Marketing :lol:). Here's the color table from the service/body repair manual:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album06/color.gif

French Blue, n'est-ce pas? :P

xchoirboy
01-19-2004, 07:43 AM
The name of the color can be anything people in Marketing can pull out of their a$$es (no offense intended to anybody out there who works in Marketing :lol:). Here's the color table from the service/body repair manual:

French Blue, n'est-ce pas? :P

French Blue, n'est-ce pas? what the hell is that - I knew I should have gotten the silver. :x lol :lol:

EvolvedDSM
01-19-2004, 09:25 PM
The official name for the US is Blue By You.

That's french. Translated: isn't that so?

uhoh_evo
01-20-2004, 01:02 AM
i originally wanted a white evo, but my momma sed "never get a white car" so i opted for blue, eventhough on the mitsubishi motors site the blue by you looks like a faded, pastel-ish color. i'm not complaining, but i heard that blue on the site was the actual "blue by you"... hmmm....i don't know

vtluu
01-20-2004, 01:29 AM
I bought my Evo in the "classic" red colour (like the red Evos made famous by WRC drivers like Tommi Makkinen et al), and didn't ask my mom what she thought. In fact I didn't tell my parents about the new car until months after the fact. My dad was like, "Cool!" and my mom was like, "You shouldn't be wasting your money on another car!" No surprises there! :lol:

As for colour names, well, it was the Bard himself (Shakespeare) who wrote, "That which we call a rose by another name would smell as sweet." You can call a colour by many different names--but it's still the same colour. (You can even spell "colour" incorrectly. :-P)

coolguy949
01-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Those colors on the list are the ones from the Evo 7.

nebolic
01-20-2004, 03:13 PM
I disagree with you Vtluu on your comment about calling the color a different name etc.... i would assume that for every color there are many different shades of it, so in fact it is a different color.

vtluu
01-20-2004, 03:30 PM
The colour code and number are what's important.

These colours were around long before the Evo; do you really think that the red has always been called "Rally Red"? Or is it more likely they (the Marketing folks at Mitsubishi) came up with the name to go with the car?

As the manual states, the actual colour of the car paint is printed on a label stuck onto the car (usually the inside of the door or something like that). So forget the table (who knows, maybe it's the one for the Evo 7 and isn't accurate), go by the paint code actually on your car.

Body/paint shops will go a step further and match the colour of the car directly. To them the name you give the paint colour doesn't mean a thing.

EvolvedDSM
01-20-2004, 03:36 PM
The colour code and number are what's important.

Exactly ;) I had my rear bumper repainted using the above chart and it's a spot on match.

nebolic
01-20-2004, 04:24 PM
right but in Laymans term "rally red" very well may mean to most people the red found in the Mitsubishi Evo ... or some people refer to a yellow ferrari yellow etc.... just for easy definition purposes instead of telling people my car color is R-022-P1... what color is your car???

vtluu
01-20-2004, 04:36 PM
what color is your car???
Rally Red, or Palma Red, or RED/P85/AC11185. Same thing!

My point is that if I go to the car paint shop and ask them for "Rally Red" they're gonna say, "Huh?" Same thing if I said "Palma Red". If I decided to call it "Elmo Red" and gave them the right paint code, I'd still end up with the right paint colour. So it doesn't matter what the "popular name" is. Call it "Blue By You" if you want. Call it "French Blue". Or "Pacific Blue". Who cares?

chris
01-21-2004, 08:43 AM
hahaha you got a point there

uhoh_evo
01-21-2004, 04:02 PM
yea, true. guess i'll change my car info back to "blue by you" eventhough it's kind of....hmmm...corny. once again, not complaining though.

vtluu
01-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Personally I think "Pacific Blue" is a nicer name... Regardless, I think we can agree that blue is a good colour for the Evo. :)

I never noticed that the paint on black Evos is a pearl paint. Maybe because I've only seen them in the dark... 8)

chris
01-21-2004, 04:38 PM
blue by you sounds kool though? my evo blew by you haha

howiEVO8
01-21-2004, 06:31 PM
rofl..how bout blew by you? lolz

vtluu
01-21-2004, 07:02 PM
You guys should have been on the focus group that would have told Mitsu marketing what a bad idea that colour name was. :lol:

JanSolo
01-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I think it's based off a song called Blue Bayou.

vtluu
01-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Probably, though it's a pun that could be interpreted in various ways. I prefer Howie's and Chris's. :lol:

chris
01-21-2004, 11:26 PM
hahah vrooommmm pshhh(woo woo) hahah. i just blew by you again =D

BluEvo
01-28-2004, 04:58 PM
For any of the other blue evo owners have you noticed that mitsubishi calls it "blue by you" but when you buy touch up paint, the color is pacific blue? the touch up matches my car and all. just wondering.

Yeah, the dealership parts dept looked up the color as Pacific Blue color code T-10. I had to order some touch up paint today and thats what they referred to as the color. Same difference. They just say T-10 is what you need.

uhoh_evo
01-28-2004, 09:25 PM
I think it's based off a song called Blue Bayou.

hehheh...not to make you sound so old or anything...but we make fun of one of our cousins who knows a lot about music(mostly old school stuff). says it shows his age, but yea, he said there's a song by that name

JanSolo
01-29-2004, 01:25 AM
That's ok.. I *am* old. Respect your elders! :P :)

559EVO
02-09-2004, 08:40 PM
I found it out last week when I picked up my touch up paint.I have to touch up some bb shots that some hater left.

kataklyzm
03-30-2004, 07:56 PM
best thing about evos is that the cover most of the standard 8 crayola colors except silver(i mean no disrespect to silver ppl out there :wink: )

there are some pretty retarded names out there too....

why the hell did i say that? i need sleep....

GReddy_917
03-30-2004, 08:08 PM
i originally wanted a white evo, but my momma sed "never get a white car" so i opted for blue...

I never listened to mama. :P

Airgiod
03-30-2004, 08:33 PM

aren't amethyst purple?

GReddy_917
03-30-2004, 09:47 PM
"Dandelion Yellow" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...Bryan...hahahah j/k

SouthernCrane
03-30-2004, 10:08 PM

I thought the EVO VII was Dandelion Yellow and our VIII is Lightning Yellow? WTF?! Oh well, Dandelions Rule!!!!!!!!!! :guitar: :lol:

evo_dadi
03-31-2004, 12:39 AM

I thought the EVO VII was Dandelion Yellow and our VIII is Lightning Yellow? WTF?! Oh well, Dandelions Rule!!!!!!!!!! :guitar: :lol:

well they wanted to make it sound manly so people would buy it :flowers: :peace: