PDA

View Full Version : MAF model year differences

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Until this week I thought all the Evo MAF's where the same.

I swapped a Evo 9 MAF onto my car last week, and the car ran .8-.6 leaner overall. I also went back to the stock airbox at the time so I thought maybe it was just because of that, although I thought it would run richer because of less airflow.

Fast forward to today when I put the Evo 9 MAF back onto the Evo 9 that I took it from. This Evo 9 was running my Evo 8 MAF with an open filter and was tuned with this. I swapped the Evo 9 MAF back on and his car went .8-.6 leaner overall as well.

Not sure if this is a isolated case but I can say I am glad to have a wideband in my car for just this very thing. :)

UCB
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
under load or in closed loop too? :)

steevo8
01-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Did you by chance try to tune it with the other maf on it? maybe a new mod that can get 8's a little more power?

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-24-2008, 10:47 PM
under load or in closed loop too? :)

at WOT.

Not sure at closed loop as I didn't check my fuel trims. I would imagine it could have.

UCB
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Did you by chance try to tune it with the other maf on it? maybe a new mod that can get 8's a little more power?

IX ftw! lol

Positron
01-24-2008, 10:51 PM

IX ftw! lol

lol!

player67
01-26-2008, 05:36 AM

IX ftw! lol

:lol:

whtrice
01-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Well in looking at the MAF scaling of a VIII and a IX there definitely seems to be a difference. In not working with this table much I would guess the outputs of the sensors need to be cal'd accordingly. If you run the IX sensor with the IX MAF table settings on an VIII will this provide you with a more correct AFR's ?

Until this week I thought all the Evo MAF's where the same.

I swapped a Evo 9 MAF onto my car last week, and the car ran .8-.6 leaner overall. I also went back to the stock airbox at the time so I thought maybe it was just because of that, although I thought it would run richer because of less airflow.

Fast forward to today when I put the Evo 9 MAF back onto the Evo 9 that I took it from. This Evo 9 was running my Evo 8 MAF with an open filter and was tuned with this. I swapped the Evo 9 MAF back on and his car went .8-.6 leaner overall as well.

Not sure if this is a isolated case but I can say I am glad to have a wideband in my car for just this very thing. :)

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Nice observation whtrice. I was in so much of a hurry at the time that I didn't even check that. In this instance it didn't matter anyway as the mafs where only "borrowed".

whtrice
01-26-2008, 04:01 PM
The ole blind sow finds an a ear of corn every now and then. :) Hope it helps for future projects.

Nice observation whtrice. I was in so much of a hurry at the time that I didn't even check that. In this instance it didn't matter anyway as the mafs where only "borrowed".