PDA

View Full Version : evo vs viper, "Viper eater"

wilson1
11-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/jordan/ViperVsEvo2-vi.jpg

According to RRE

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/viperfun.htm

Kent's car has a stock engine and ecu with the stock turbo, Muellerized/RRE suspension on Hoosier DOT tires against a 2003 Viper on Goodyear slicks built to run in the World Challenge GT class. Our EVO ran this far in front of the Viper for 12 of the 13 laps, lost by 6 feet after a 25 minute race. Maybe next time we should only spot him 200 horsepower?

'Viper Eater' is what the National Chairman of NASA wrote in the remarks section of Kent's race driving novice permit, as he signed off Kent for his competition license after the race:-)

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/viperfun.htm

JanSolo
11-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Kent Jordan is no ordinary driver tho. He has owned some very fast cars out there with sheer skill alone.

garrick70
11-19-2004, 11:58 PM
I could have done that....... :roll: :lol: yeah right!!

Gruppe-S
11-24-2004, 03:12 AM
its nice to know how an EVO will stack up against a snake..err I mean Viperrrr. lol

xchoirboy
11-24-2004, 07:32 AM
its funny how the big price cars are gettin something handed to them... :oops:

2manVR6
12-22-2004, 06:03 PM
its nice to know how an EVO will stack up against a snake..err I mean Viperrrr. lol

that will only hang with a viper to maybe 150mph (which aint bad) but the viper will keep pulling...and pulling....and pulling..... :nana:

vtluu
12-22-2004, 06:17 PM
There aren't many tracks where you'll get to 150 mph unless you're driving a pure race car--the straights just aren't long enough for that. Heck F1 cars make almost 1000 hp, weigh about 1000 lbs, and they don't go much over 200 mph on most tracks. So that Viper of yours is going to keep pulling and pulling but it'll end up crunched at the end of the turn because it should have started braking rather than trying to outrun that Evo. ;-)

Granted I'll give you that yes, a Viper should outrun an Evo on most tracks with long enough straights, if the two are equivalently prepared (and driven).

Richard EVO
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I was there at Buttonwillow for the NASA event when Kent the Viper eater got his racing license. He held off the Viper until the very last turn, where Kent put 2 wheel in the dirt, which slowed him down enough that the Viper passed him literally at the finish line when the checkered flag was out.

It's a little deceptive to say Kent's engine is stock. He does have the stock turbo and internals, but the rest of the stuff has been massaged by Mueller/RRE.

Kent is a great driver, but still new to racing. The Viper driver was awful.

vtluu
01-12-2005, 07:54 PM
I've beaten Vipers too... at autocross. Does that make me a Viper-eater too? Or still just a cone-eater? :lol:

LEVIII
01-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Seen Vipers get beat at Auto-X by stock Miata. It was great.

robi
01-13-2005, 12:37 AM
Kent Jordan is no ordinary driver tho. He has owned some very fast cars out there with sheer skill alone.

I agree!

Buzzard
01-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I've beaten Vipers too... at autocross. Does that make me a Viper-eater too? Or still just a cone-eater? :lol:

I always was callled a "Cone Head" by friends and co-workers who didn't understand my racing complusion.