PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Relationships

EVO MILK
01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Anyone ever been in one?

I'm currently in one... Sac to Portland... flying there every other week. :?

Just wanted to know how it worked out for you. Still together? Possibly married... got tired of it and ended it.

evo_ate_gsr
01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Got old.

You start to make less and less time to see eachother...

Then you make less and less time for the phone. Mainly because the phone isn't good enough ya know? makes you miss them a lot more hearing them all the time, and not seeing them much.

Then... you start fighting whenever one of you goes out, because you feel like they're not making time for you, and vice versa.

Then other shit just starts happening. Thats how mine was anyway... and mine was from San Diego to Los Angeles. lol

DirectorSe7en
01-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Hell no, I don't understand how they can work for very long. It's murder for physical people like myself. I need to see and hold.

Plus depending on who you and your girl are, you may start to desire a person so much, that you look for anyone and cheat on your other. I personally wouldn't but you can never truly know what your girl is thinking or feeling.

Good luck bro :?

evo_ate_gsr
01-30-2008, 01:54 PM
^^ Thatys what happend to me.... i like bein with my woman, and seein her and all that. thwe phone just bums me out because it makes me miss her more ya know... having to wait till the weekend to see the person you love just aint nice to the heart dood.

we broke up because it wasnt working, and it was because since we were apart like that, we began to grow in two seperate directions, instead of together.

but just because most cases dont work, doesnt mean all yo. you might be the luck one where it works no problem. is there any future possibility of you two moving to the same town?

Sfkn2
01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Ever heard that phrase, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder?"

It is true, distance makes the heart grow fonder.... of others.

chefnevo
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
My wife and I were in before we got married (Japan to Seattle-Sacramento) there several reasons why she had to go back and myself had just moved because of job in 2002. We were apart for 2 years but talked every day via e-mail and telephone I took 6 trips to Japan in 2 year span but that was part of our future plan to be together in the long run and it is true what Sfkn2 says... but sounds like your not feeling it any more..are you going to move there or will she come back?

island_671
01-30-2008, 02:20 PM
it can make u stronger...mine was from "middle east" to "VA." (6monthdeployment)

JDMevoBOOST
01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
I did this for a year from SF to LA. I ended up driving down to LA once a month and she drove up once a month.

DirectorSe7en
01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
^What ended up happening?

JDMevoBOOST
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Still dating her, but now we live together. Hhaah and on that note....don't ever move in with a girl unless you are sure you can handle that person being around 24/7, because honestly its hard to revert.

DirectorSe7en
01-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Yup, I do that with my current GF for like 3 years now. She moved in when she was 18 and I was 20.

Hard at first. You have to really love someone to ingore there bad habits that you don't know about until you live with them.

evo_ate_gsr
01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
^^ Hence why I'm not living with my woman. haha i love her to death, I just don't feel ready for it quite yet... she is tho.

jdmSpecMR
01-30-2008, 03:35 PM
long distance relationships overall just fucking suck. im in one cause the lady goes to san diego state. we visit one another for 5 days straight once a month, gay part is, she wants to stay in san diego and asked me to move out there with her -.-"

evo_ate_gsr
01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
WTF?

Thats not gay, you come down here and kick it with me YO!!!! 8)

jdmSpecMR
01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
hahhah as long as i get matching blue tials then thats dope.

^ mad jdm shit right thurr....

still hard to just pick up and leave what i gots over here... wait, that aint much :lol:

dabaysevo
01-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm in one right now too, I'm in SD and she is in SF. Â*Been like that since August. Â*Before I moved down we had been together for 2.5 years. Â*I come up once every other weekend. Â*Right now it is hard, if anything I feel like I have lost my best friend. Â*Sometimes I feel guilty about making new friends but I try not to let it get to me. Â*I don't know what will happen before Sept. Â*when my contract is up and I either have the option of resigning or looking for another job, but all I know is that we haven't had any problems since the move. Â*We haven't gotten into arguments and speak almost everyday, she doesn't get mad when I don't call and neither do I when she doesn't.

We are both busy and we both understand that, I'm working 50hr+ weeks because of the move and she is in school and working as a waitress so we are both always tired. Â*I think if we both weren't so busy we would probably be fighting more but life is keeping us entertained.

jdmSpecMR
01-30-2008, 03:52 PM
yeah, i dont fight with lady. she might differ here and there hahah, but its actually not so bad. it just sucks because of the distance. i have been with my lady for 5 years and we still going strong but its hard when you had someone close to you and could see them whenever you please to and now i have to set up a time when im going to go, so that she can make sure she aint working and what not.

panem
01-30-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm in one right now too, I'm in SD and she is in SF. Been like that since August. Before I moved down we had been together for 2.5 years. I come up once every other weekend. Right now it is hard, if anything I feel like I have lost my best friend. Sometimes I feel guilty about making new friends but I try not to let it get to me. I don't know what will happen before Sept. when my contract is up and I either have the option of resigning or looking for another job, but all I know is that we haven't had any problems since the move. We haven't gotten into arguments and speak almost everyday, she doesn't get mad when I don't call and neither do I when she doesn't.

We are both busy and we both understand that, I'm working 50hr+ weeks because of the move and she is in school and working as a waitress so we are both always tired. I think if we both weren't so busy we would probably be fighting more but life is keeping us entertained.

i feel you man!!! this distance thing is hard :(

panem
01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
the phone thing does tend to get old. i do find myself not wanting to talk on the phone

jdmSpecMR
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
the phone thing does tend to get old. i do find myself not wanting to talk on the phone

are there random times you do want to talk on the phone but then she flips a 180 and doesnt want to? haha

DontRevMe
01-30-2008, 05:31 PM
oh dear..

Im in one..have been for about 4 months now..she lives in connecticut LOL.. we take a week off every month and visit, but shes moving here in 2 or so months, apartment shopping now actually.. Yeah they suck..so much left unknown.. Its murder at times... Calls can be long and boring, things get read the wrong way.. When you piss her off, she hangs up crying and you cant do a damn thing about it but hope she calls you back..

they SUCK.

mtsevovii
01-30-2008, 05:39 PM
i was in one for 3 1/2 years. San Jose- Taiwan :shock: we're still good friends.

lowlife
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
i was in one for 2 years...reno to san jose. eventually moved out here and spent another 4 years together.....recently seperated after 6 years...

it was worth it, i came down pretty much every other weekend...sometimes 3 weekends a month. she came up to reno also. you guys really have to love each other and make sacrifices though. i wouldn't be against it, but they're more work.

good luck man!

warpspeed
01-30-2008, 09:21 PM
I give credit to people that can be in one and make it work. I know from alot of people that there are always chances of "wandering" meaning you or the other party have a "thing" with someone since you are not around. :(

dabaysevo
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Jedi will power is required. Trust me on that one.

stockEVO8
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
im in one rite now as well.... sj to riverside

i jus fly down once a month or she flies back...been in the long distance relationship since july
i've been with my gf for 10 years and we have lived together, now this distance just makes me miss her more and want to be with her...we both figured if we can handle the distance we can get through anything...o wells she's graduating this may and she's moving back to norcal...

player67
01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I think it was hard for us cause I was with her for 2 years when she moved from Concord to Sacramento. Not far right? Well neither of us could drive and our parents werent really up for the drive luckily my mom worked in sac so I got a chance maybe once a week (cause I had school m-f) but she ended up cheating on me (my story is in the other thread) and moving to NY but believe it or not we're still friends cause we have some connections and just straight up know eachtoher so well that we couldn't just forget about eachother...I talk to her a few times a week at one point we almost got back together cause we were texting eachother 24/7 and I promised Id go to NY but then we decided no not again too much pain but I cant wait to go back to NY and see her

MarkSAE
01-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I was sorta in one w/ my ex (SF to Davis). We were off and on towards the end of high school. I wanted to end it since I was moving to Davis for college, but she wanted to try the long distance thing. I think all the distance did was make the relationship drag on a lot longer than it should have. One day arguments would turn into 1+ week long arguments since we couldn't see each other during the week. We did see each other almost every weekend though. But it ended not because of distance though. We both changed.

My take on the long distance thing is that if two people truly want to be together, they'll find a way to make things work, however hard and tough it may be.

EVO MILK
01-31-2008, 10:12 AM
I give credit to people that can be in one and make it work. I know from alot of people that there are always chances of "wandering" meaning you or the other party have a "thing" with someone since you are not around. :(

^^^ This is what im worried about most....but thanks for the support guys....

I'm really thinking about moving to portland, but i'll be giving up my job and family, starting over in a new town. I'm willing to make that sacrifice for her... damn love sucks....

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
well if you're willing to make the sacrafice, then there you go brah, do it. if its meant to be, then it'll work out ya know? its all in how bad you both want it.

just make sure, that if you get into a fight, you NEVER bring up the fact that you left everything behind for her. hahah. That just seems like a bomb ready to blow up right thurr...

sprytsi
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I did Walnut Creek - Santa Cruz. We saw each other a lot but the bitch was crazy, the make-up sex just made the relationship draw on too. I was a very happy man when I got rid of her.

It can work, but you both have to be patient, honest, and faithful. Not being jealous can help, so can being way too busy with everything else in your life.

Many times one person cheats on the other or just can't take being apart from the one they love. If you have a date or a routine for being together then it helps give you both something to look forward to.

They suck, don't do it unless you absolutely have to. I even pretty "going on break" to long-distance relationships, at least on break you can get a throw-away girly-friend.

(Edit for grammar)

jdmSpecMR
02-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah, Jedi will power is required. Trust me on that one.

agreed im the most jedi powered mo'fucka on hurr, and its still hard :(

dabaysevo
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
If your Obi Wan, I'm Yoda. I'm the production manager here and 60% of the work force are females 18-26, there are 70 employees here and all but about 10 are under my wing. I interact with all of them and because of the substantial amount of money I make compared to them and the ego that goes on between women, I'm a target for them. If they aren't gold diggers they are just interested in saying "I bagged the boss!" They aren't much different than us guys if we had a younger female boss. I'm only 23 so it's not like I'm the typical pot bellied manager that just walks around doing nothing. Believe me they are very convincing and I try to see through their flirtaticous lies but sometimes I can't help but wonder what color thong they got under those tight jeans, if any? :(

Women are pure concentrated evil, don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die. :lol:

evo_ate_gsr
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Very true.... especially when you're like me. I mean i ahve never cheated on a GF, and I never intend to. I just think its really REALLY wrong. But wow..... im like girl crazy ya know? and When i was in my long distance, boy O boy it felt like some of them broads were just TOSSIN' that punani at me!!! but I got a rubber neck like a muuuutha fucker man, which sucks because some days, it just seems like every girl you walk past or see is right off a magazine cover. SCHWING!!!!

dabaysevo
02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Well that is because you were hungry. ;)Â* Believe me when you are hungry even the worst sandwich in the world looks like a gourmet meal.Â* The longer you go without eating the more desperate you get.Â* Haven't you seen than panzzy ass Josh Hartnett in 40 days and 40 nights? :lol:

evo_ate_gsr
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
JAJA yea.... but even when I wasn't hungry, i got teh wanderin eyes yo!! Maybe it was her.... i dunno. haha with my lady now, I notice i don't.

Meh whatever. 40 days 40 nights... i liked that movie. But 40 days without anything.... that first session would be killer good. lol.

dabaysevo
02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't think I would last 40 days, I would bang a hole in a tree long before I go 40 days man. :?

evo_ate_gsr
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Hahah

Dixie Normus.... Dendropheliac FTW. :lol:

sprytsi
02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't think I would last 40 days, I would bang a hole in a tree long before I go 40 days man. :?

A guy Ben and I knew in high school banged a hole in a tree... he said the sap felt wonderful.

I'd be afraid of the splinters :o

dabaysevo
02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
^ I would be more worried about a squirrel.

evo_ate_gsr
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I'd be more worried that I was fucking a tree period.

jdmSpecMR
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
how did we go from being jedi's to tree hugging humpers? -.-"

hahah i dont think i would be that desperate.

neox.286
03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I was sorta in one w/ my ex (SF to Davis). We were off and on towards the end of high school. I wanted to end it since I was moving to Davis for college, but she wanted to try the long distance thing. I think all the distance did was make the relationship drag on a lot longer than it should have. One day arguments would turn into 1+ week long arguments since we couldn't see each other during the week. We did see each other almost every weekend though. But it ended not because of distance though. We both changed.

My take on the long distance thing is that if two people truly want to be together, they'll find a way to make things work, however hard and tough it may be.

I feel ya here man, I dated a girl off and on for 2 years in high school.Â* We were best friends and unseperable but for a lot of different reasons it just didnt work out for very long whenever we gave it a shot.Â* When we graduated we decided we would give it a good shot and it was great, then she moved down to so-cal to go to Redlands University.Â* It was fine for the first few months, then she came back for thanksgiving break and things were really great, then she went back down and suddenly stopped talking to me and I havent really heard from her since.Â* =\
the part that gets me looking back on it now (been about 3-4 months since she stopped talking for absolutely no reason) is Id rather not have lost her as a friend in the end cause she was my best friend for the last 3 years now, ya know?