PDA

View Full Version : Who changed their minds about the Evo X?

Ben
01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
So I bet there's others like me who thought the Evo X looked like ass and would be total ass. I have to admit the looks are growing on me and after seeing the past few dyno's and what people had to say about them have also helped to sway my opinion.

If I crash my Evo VIII or something I think I'd get an X to replace it...or a IX...or another VIII. But, the X seems like a good contender now!

UCB
01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
The evo IX was the first mitsu I owned and likely the last

byt
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM

As much as I love my VIII the same probably holds for me as well

DoggDicker
01-30-2008, 07:21 PM

If my VIII went up in flames, I'd possibly consider a IX, but most likely go with a C5 Z06...

DD

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-30-2008, 07:28 PM
If my VIII went up in flames, I'd possibly consider a IX, but most likely go with a C5 Z06...

DD

DDking?

wokuku
01-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Same. I am still not convined yet that the X is better than the IX and especially with the price Mitsu is asking for. My next car will most likely be the 135i if somehow my car gets totalled.

DaveLC2
01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
I love my VIII but when extended warranty runs out (20k left) I will be on the hunt for a RR IX RS or a TB/GG IX SE. I like the X more than before but they're just more than I wanna spend.

Dave

dabaysevo
01-30-2008, 07:30 PM

DD

DDking?

So cruel. :lol:

bdking57
01-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Ill be convinced after bryan stops judging me and starts making 300whpftw.

I was hyped that the evo X would be one hell of a car.. enough to make you forget about the GTR...looks like all the pieces are there, but its just seems to be severly lacking in the power department presently... the two other weak points, and the lack of the original concept headlights, and the cop out on the wheels.. Why not just deliver the car on the larger wheels which it clearly looks better on instead of forcing people to upgrade? ...I was mitsu would have sold out more towards the car being a more dominant road racing force instead of enhancing the rally heritage which they are pursuing less these days professionally.. makes sense to me, cheers to evo X long and prosperous futures.\

SpeedElement
01-30-2008, 07:36 PM
i hope they bring the EVO X RS..

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Why not just deliver the car on the larger wheels which it clearly looks better on instead of forcing people to upgrade? .

It comes with 18x8.5's, what do you want, 20" ballerz?

DoggDicker
01-30-2008, 07:41 PM

DD

DDking?

Yep...you know it...:lol:
I could run open headers, and the popos would give me the thumbs up for it too...

DD

island_671
01-30-2008, 07:43 PM

DD

DDking?

Yep...you know it...:lol:
I could run open headers, and the popos would give me the thumbs up for it too...

DD

so true!....i luv this country!

bdking57
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM
longtube headers with no cats or mufflers.. 115 db + WOT ...

The bias from police is painfully obvious.

dabaysevo
01-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Why not just deliver the car on the larger wheels which it clearly looks better on instead of forcing people to upgrade? .

Wait... you don't want 20"s?Â* Everyone wants 20"s.Â* Actually to be on topic, the car has grown on me but I can never get over the dual exhaust thing.Â* I also want to know what the limits of the stock turbo will be, most people have talked about turbo upgrades being harder because of the turbo location but most people will not really upgrade turbos.Â* I think the way the X will take to the same simple bolt-ons everyone does is the real litmus test.

bdking57
01-30-2008, 07:48 PM
wait.. those are 18s? if there 18s the car must just be huge.. 19s would have been nice.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-30-2008, 07:49 PM
There is TONS of room in the back for a larger turbo and even a tubular header. Doesn't look like it in the photos but once you see it in person it's a whole different story.

There is actually *more* room from turbo to firewall then there currently is from turbo to radiator on the evo 8/9

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-30-2008, 07:51 PM
wait.. those are 18s? if there 18s the car must just be huge.. 19s would have been nice.

yes 18x8.5.

This is where I could say you should do your homework before saying something but instead I will agree with you and say the 18's look like 17's. The wheel wells are huge and the fenders are high, which should make it easy to shove lots of tire under there without fender mods. :)

lowlife
01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
so what's up with the X's and lowering/coilovers with all that electronic yaw control and whatnot. can it be done without throwing the cpu off? they would look a LOT better if they were an inch or two lower...

wilson1
01-30-2008, 07:54 PM
There is TONS of room in the back for a larger turbo and even a tubular header. Doesn't look like it in the photos but once you see it in person it's a whole different story.

There is actually *more* room from turbo to firewall then there currently is from turbo to radiator on the evo 8/9

You have to see it to believe it, but liked what bryan said, tons of room!

I bet a GT42 will fit.

:lol:

willitas34
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
i hope they bring the EVO X RS..

If they did that, then I would consider getting one. But other than that, I think my IX is the last EVO I will be owning unless something happens to it then I will get another IX SE :)

Darwinator
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
I never liked it and never will. New Sti hatch over it, i've never had a hatch but consider myself a hatch and wagon nut.

The Evo 9 is nothing to look at either, but at least it has fender bulges and doesn't look like an audi.

hoboken
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Yup, I have to agree with the others. The IX will probably be the first and last mitsu I own.

I believe they got everything right on the IX. Considering the X is more expensive and has a brand new powertrain, it just doesn't have the same appeal.

warpspeed
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM
I would get the X GSR and not the MR since the SST is a sealed tranny and if the fluid is low, the tranny is shot and too much electronics that can go wrong. The GSR is more appealing without the big wing and have the small one and of course I would get a white one. :)

Lucky13Evo
01-30-2008, 10:58 PM
I just cant believe how low whp is on the X considering my IX with no mods made 257whp stock. But i will admit the X really has grown on me. But hopefully in the future i ill be able to make the jump to a GTR Ive been a nissan guy since early 90s.
Oh yeah by the way this is lucky13evo i screwed up my account and cant get back into it and the mods cant seem to help so far...

steevo8
01-30-2008, 11:10 PM
I just cant believe how low whp is on the X considering my IX with no mods made 257whp stock. But i will admit the X really has grown on me. But hopefully in the future i ill be able to make the jump to a GTR Ive been a nissan guy since early 90s.
Oh yeah by the way this is lucky13evo i screwed up my account and cant get back into it and the mods cant seem to help so far...

257? Im calling BS on that one... Maybe tuned or on a dyno jet, but no way on a mustang dyno stock on 91oct

steevo8
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM
As far as "changing my opinion" goes. I would have to say that I have more like altered it a bit. I thought i would like the interior more and the exterior less, but in the end I really like the exterior look and the interior is complete shit imo... Well for a $40k car anyways. If I had the money to buy a new car right this moment and was in the market for something of the such. Whould I buy a X for the going rate? Hell no. If it was even $30k OTD I still wouldnt.

BUT in a year from now if the car is holding together fine, making as good or better power then the IX for roughly the same price in mods, handles just as well and I can get one for $28-$30k I would/will highly consider the car regardless of the crap interior.

DoggDicker
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM

Geez lucky...

DD

evosti
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
It looks better in person then the photo's of it but I still don't like it.

steevo8
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM

Geez lucky...

Â* Â*DD

Hey you could make a crap load of power too. Just strap your car on a dynojet...

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-30-2008, 11:30 PM
257? Im calling BS on that one... Maybe tuned or on a dyno jet, but no way on a mustang dyno stock on 91oct

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/evo_tunes/danny_m_122207/danny_m_stock9_122207.jpg

I was shocked too. I think maybe the solenoid side pill was out however as he bought the car used. I will check the line later this month when he comes in for a retune for all his new goodies.

dabaysevo
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM

Actually Danny did cut a 257 on the GST dyno.Â* But after the tune he did like 263 or something, so he didn't gain much on just the reflash like most.Â* My car made 245 stock and just with bolting on my catback and a replacement drop in I hit 265 on the dyno.Â* Tuned Bryan was able to get me 285 which isn't bad for just two parts.

dabaysevo
01-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Ah, you beat me to it Bryan. :(

player67
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM

+1

steevo8
01-30-2008, 11:34 PM
There has to be a reason why.. Was it previously tuned or something?So the tune only gained 6whp? Something sounds kinda out of whack here :?

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-30-2008, 11:41 PM
There has to be a reason why.. Was it previously tuned or something?So the tune only gained 6whp? Something sounds kinda out of whack here :?

Well not to bring this thread too off track but yea I really think the solenoid side pill was out. I can recheck the boost plots but I think he held a little more boost than stock. His rom was 100% stock. The highest bone stock 9 before this was 248whp/245whp and I know that one was 100% stock.

DirectorSe7en
01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Whould I buy a X for the going rate? Hell no. If it was even $30k OTD I still wouldnt.
Somebody's hard to impress... :?

BUT in a year from now if the car is holding together fine and I can get one for $28-$30k I would/will highly consider the car regardless of the crap interior.
Duh, you'd just tear out the interior anyways :P

steevo8
01-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Whould I buy a X for the going rate? Hell no. If it was even $30k OTD I still wouldnt.
Somebody's hard to impress... :?

BUT in a year from now if the car is holding together fine and I can get one for $28-$30k I would/will highly consider the car regardless of the crap interior.
Duh, you'd just tear out the interior anyways :P

I actually wouldnt take out the interior. IMO removing the interior is HIGHLY over rated.. And yes Im not easily impressed cause when I spend 30k+ I better damn well be getting my moneys worth and without the X proving its self yet I find it absolutely insane they are selling for around 40k.

redvolution
01-30-2008, 11:48 PM
back on topic - despite the glowing reviews I'm still no more of a fan of the evo X than i was before...it's too big and heavy

if the 8/9 had ayc then I bet they'd be pulling .95+ on the skidpad. anybody have test results for the non-usdm 8/9?

if my 8 was totalled i'd buy either a 9SE or something totally different like an FD ,e36 racecar, lotus elise, boxster, or s2k

willitas34
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM

Geez lucky...

Â* Â*DD

Hey you could make a crap load of power too. Just strap your car on a dynojet...

No wonder you have Supra comments :lol:

steevo8
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM

Well not to bring this thread too off track but yea I really think the solenoid side pill was out. I can recheck the boost plots but I think he held a little more boost than stock. His rom was 100% stock. The highest bone stock 9 before this was 248whp/245whp and I know that one was 100% stock.

Not really fair to compare it to a run of the mill stock X then imo cause who's to say we wont ever see a 250whp stock X?

DirectorSe7en
01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
without the X proving its self yet I find it absolutely insane they are selling for around 40k.
To be honest, I don't think many have sold for that price. The X is selling sure, but only at places like SoCal that massively discount them. I think alot of people agree since no-one is paying mark-up. Well except a few morons who believe the GSR is worth 40k.

I wonder how well the MR is going to do at 40k loaded :?

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Not really fair to compare it to a run of the mill stock X then imo cause who's to say we wont ever see a 250whp stock X?

pleph! Don't you read Evom? Evo 9 is da FasTr!

steevo8
01-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah Im really hoping they do extremely well cause the more that sell now the more there will be used in a year from now as well as the worse resale will be with the market flooded. All=good for potential used buyers.

UCB
01-31-2008, 12:10 AM
if my 8 was totalled i'd buy either a 9SE or something totally different like an FD ,e36 racecar, lotus elise, boxster, or s2k

Yup. Might want to add the vette and a track prepped miata to the mix too. Some LSX swapped car would be sweet too. The evo is a great all around car, but im coming to the realization that it simply is not the jack of all trades. The more track capable you make it, the less utility you get out of it with its all-weather capabilities. 2-3hr drives can be a pain as can daily driving it. For me, it and my old STi have been a great compromise, but in the future I think I'd rather just have 2 cars. 1 tame/comfy daily driver perhaps (hopefully awd), and 1 weekend/track toy

I would love to keep the evo as just a weekend./track car, but the practical part of me says why do you need 2 awd cars? :lol:

e_vol
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM

This is my first and last Mitsu. My next car will be a Lotus Exige S or Audi RS4

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 12:28 AM
The evo is a great all around car, but im coming to the realization that it simply is not the jack of all trades. The more track capable you make it, the less utility you get out of it with its all-weather capabilities. 2-3hr drives can be a pain as can daily driving it.

Really? It's all about balance. I drive my Evo to Tahoe, to the track, on the track (and it's no slouch), on the street, down the 5 to visit my mom in OC, out to get cat litter at 11pm and haul groceries and back again.

I have -2.9 front camber through it all, a nice stereo, a roll cage, a ski rack, coilovers, a stiff rear sway bar, stock seats, and nice idle with cams, track capable brake pads I run all the time (even in Tahoe), and a stock looking engine bay that does over 320whp with 91 pump gas.

If that's not a jack of all trades, I'm not sure what is.

Just don't go too crazy either way, balance everything, and you can have your cake and eat it too. :) This is the thing I LOVE about my Evo. It's a do anything budget 4 door super car. :)

wilson1
01-31-2008, 12:30 AM

This is my first and last Mitsu. My next car will be a Lotus Exige S or Audi RS4

This is not my first, nor my last mitsu........

only time will tell

UCB
01-31-2008, 12:31 AM
lol I know, thats why I have one. I guess I wish it was just a bit more tame to DD and got slightly better gas mileage. Highway is decent, 23mpg or so, but even grandpa driving around town (my normal commute), I get like 15mpg

2-3hrs its ok, but 5hours to LA the road noise, rattles, and lack of CC get to me as well

Maybe I just need a tame DD, then keep the evo as a track and tahoe car :lol:

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 12:37 AM
lol I know, thats why I have one. I guess I wish it was just a bit more tame to DD and got slightly better gas mileage. Highway is decent, 23mpg or so, but even grandpa driving around town (my normal commute), I get like 15mpg

2-3hrs its ok, but 5hours to LA the road noise, rattles, and lack of CC get to me as well

You have to give up some lux to have an all-around capable car like this, in this price range.

I'd rock a RS4/6 or some other higher-end AWD sports sedan, but I like being able to afford good wine, and other good things in life, on what I currently make a year.

I think the Evo does *very well* everything I mentioned in my post above, except for creature comforts. I think a higher end sports sedan would do better in that area, but not so well in other areas.

Most high-performance awd sedans don't get stellar mileage anyway. RWD sedans as well.

Again, it's all about balance in my book. I know the Evo is not the benchmark for everything, but for what I do and enjoy in life currently, it's the perfect all-around car for me, right now.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 12:40 AM
I've been eyeing the Legacy GT alot lately as well. Good price, much more comfy and lux than the evo, a proven track chassis if it's "tuned" well, good turbo motor, all-weather capability and creature comforts.

I would love to have one as my daily/tahoe/road-trip car and make the Evo into more of a power/fun/track car.

DirectorSe7en
01-31-2008, 12:41 AM
I have -2.9 front camber through it all, a nice stereo, a roll cage, a ski rack, coilovers, a stiff rear sway bar, stock seats, and nice idle with cams, track capable brake pads I run all the time (even in Tahoe), and a stock looking engine bay that does over 320whp with 91 pump gas.

If that's not a jack of all trades, I'm not sure what is.

:shock:

...and the most all around used Evo Award goes to....

UCB
01-31-2008, 12:42 AM
I agree, you cant have your cake and eat it too, if there really were a car that did EVERYTHING exceptional, everyone would buy it. THe evo is as good as it gets for its price. A manager in my group has an 07 RS4 with millitek ehxaust. It looks amazing, sounds amazing, and im sure it rides great, but yeah, with its 4000lb curb weight you know it sucks gas and the evo will prob still perform better on track

UCB
01-31-2008, 12:43 AM
I've been eyeing the Legacy GT alot lately as well. Good price, much more comfy and lux than the evo, a proven track chassis if it's "tuned" well, good turbo motor, all-weather capability and creature comforts.

I would love to have one as my daily/tahoe/road-trip car and make the Evo into more of a power/fun/track car.

YOu and me both but the suby 2.5L mill eats gas must like the evo does. Rumors of a diesel version are out, as well as an awd acura TSX ;)

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 12:50 AM
I just don't get the gas argument. If you buy a high-performance automobile like the Evo, with the power potential it's capable of, why does 20mpg+ cause such a ruckus?

Personally I think having 320whp+ mustang dyno power on tap, and still getting 24-26mpg while destination driving is awesome.

Show me a car that has the same whp or more that doesn't dip into the teens/single digit mpg when flogging it.

UCB
01-31-2008, 12:58 AM
im strange thats why :lol:

When im using all 300whp of mine I dont expect it, but when im putting around off-boost all day it sucks to still only muster 14-15mpg, I would say my lifetime average is 17mpg :(. I guess for my DD, it would be nice to average 23-25mpg. FIlling up all the time is bothersome :?

byt
01-31-2008, 12:59 AM
ucb's just bitter that he can't help but flog it every time he takes the evo out :lol:

jaydm73
01-31-2008, 01:02 AM

As much as I love my VIII the same probably holds for me as well

same here

UCB
01-31-2008, 01:06 AM
ucb's just bitter that he can't help but flog it every time he takes the evo out :lol:

lol if I was always raging I can understand, but no matter how hard I try, I get 200miles or less per tank, its bullshit :P

DirectorSe7en
01-31-2008, 01:07 AM
So what does it take for Mitsu to keep it's customers? Surely a company can't succeed without return customers.

byt
01-31-2008, 01:12 AM
honoring their warranty helps ;)

bricel24
01-31-2008, 01:36 AM

lol if I was always raging I can understand, but no matter how hard I try, I get 200miles or less per tank, its bullshit :P

same here, ~200 miles/tank FTL.

but I still love my Evo no matter the mpg it gets... but IF EVER I have to let go of the Evo I'd get a 135i. the free maintenance service for 4y/60k sounds promising.

UCB
01-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Its 4yr/50k IIRC

But after that I would toss that bish, no thanks for uber high repair costs :lol:

Ill likely keep the evo for quite awhile unless it splodes or I wad it up :P

hoboken
01-31-2008, 01:47 AM
The fact that the Evo's tank is the same size as a Honda's doesn't help either.

If we had a bigger tank, then it wouldn't seem like horrible mpg every fill up.

bricel24
01-31-2008, 01:51 AM
Its 4yr/50k IIRC

But after that I would toss that bish, no thanks for uber high repair costs :lol:

Ill likely keep the evo for quite awhile unless it splodes or I wad it up :P

LOL yup it's 4years/50k miles, I just checked. thanks!

and +1 on getting rid of the car after the maintance and warranty expires 8)

Ben
01-31-2008, 05:22 AM

Ouch. Even with the way I drive it never dips below 250 miles per tank. Usually WOT onto the freeway coupled with a couple WOT bursts when the coast is clear and maybe a canyon run or two a week if I don't feel like taking the freeway to work.

Ben
01-31-2008, 05:23 AM
So what does it take for Mitsu to keep it's customers? Surely a company can't succeed without return customers.

Bring back an AWD turbo Eclipse.

Lucky13Evo
01-31-2008, 07:21 AM

Not to veer off subject again Steevo8 The guy I bought it from has reconfirmed with me that the stock boost pill has never been taken out. This car was 100% stock unless it has something secret form the factory.lol, i guess we will find out later this month

DruMMinStUd06
01-31-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm starting to budge towards a White X but I don't think I'll be purchasing one...I'm thinking more along the lines of a white C63 :)

steevo8
01-31-2008, 08:46 AM

Not to veer off subject again Steevo8 The guy I bought it from has reconfirmed with me that the stock boost pill has never been taken out. This car was 100% stock unless it has something secret form the factory.lol, i guess we will find out later this month

In either case your car is not normal and is not a fair comparison to a stock X. considering that it only picked up 6whp with a tune it would be more considerable to a tuned stock X, once thats an option.

nebolic
01-31-2008, 08:49 AM

the X has cruise control FTW :)

nebo

steevo8
01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
I guess it might be because I have owned domestic V8's and most of my friends have trucks and muscle cars, but 17-20mpg doesnt seem so bad considering the power we get from it. Plus if you really wanted to Im sure you could get a commuter map made or something like that :?

My mini cooper S get great milage but with the tank as small as it is, I still have to fill up every 200 miles which I think is the biggest problem, not the money Im spending at the pump cause thats only a couple dollars difference a fill up in comparison to the evo.

nebolic
01-31-2008, 09:01 AM
seriously people, if you bought the evo and worry about gas mileage, you shouldn't be driving the car. Not exactly a very good comparison but if you were to buy a ferrari or lambo, would you complain about the gas mileage it gets?

nebo

steevo8
01-31-2008, 09:09 AM
I think it gets pretty average gas milage. Most mid sized suv's get about the same.. Explorers, durango's etc. and most full size truck with the base engine get about the same as well, stick in a big V8 and your forever stuck in the low teens. If you want a good commuter, get an old turbo diesel benzo. We have one and it gets like 40+ mpg :shock: slow as shit but it does the job . Ours is a wagon also, so I use it to go pick up my tires and wheels ect. It costs me $4 to go from santa rosa to san rafeal and back.. Thats baller.

bdking57
01-31-2008, 09:16 AM
the MPG ratings were recently changed so the evo might not be too bad.. doesnt really matter anyway, we all know the car sucks on the highway.. cruising around at 3500rpms, its more of a off highway sprinter.... The good thing about the evo fuel effeciency is that its pretty consitant, I noticed with an LS engine, you can get insanely good highway mpg... much better then the evo due to the torque of the engine, but if your gasing it around town, your using up a serious amount of fuel, so it ends up balancing out.... the evo seems to get better mpg, in the city, while its at a disadvantage on the highway.

Ben
01-31-2008, 09:29 AM
seriously people, if you bought the evo and worry about gas mileage, you shouldn't be driving the car. Not exactly a very good comparison but if you were to buy a ferrari or lambo, would you complain about the gas mileage it gets?

nebo

No I would complain about the fact that I spent enough money to buy a house on a car instead.

nebolic
01-31-2008, 09:30 AM

nebo

No I would complain about the fact that I spent enough money to buy a house on a car instead.

fa sho +1

nebo

Ben
01-31-2008, 09:31 AM

nebo

fa sho +1

nebo

Wait a second...your cars says Lancer ES...

nebolic
01-31-2008, 09:34 AM

nebo

fa sho +1

nebo

yes sir, race me to find out what model lancer it is ;)

nebo

Ben
01-31-2008, 09:37 AM

nebo

fa sho +1

nebo

yes sir, race me to find out what model lancer it is ;)

nebo

Only if it's a streetrace. During commute hours.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
in a school zone.

wzcx
01-31-2008, 09:51 AM
an old turbo diesel benzo. ... a wagon also..... Thats baller.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Ben
01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
in a school zone.

That's the icing on the cake.

dabaysevo
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
^While school is letting out, that's the cherry on top.

Unowned
01-31-2008, 10:08 AM
^While school is letting out, that's the cherry on top.

Crossing guards also start the race

Ben
01-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Sounds like you guys have streetraced before.

steevo8
01-31-2008, 10:20 AM

What? Baller? Shit son, you have no idea how baller my benz be.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
^^ uggggh son 8)

Ben
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM

What? Baller? Shit son, you have no idea how baller my benz be.

What exactly is baller? I know it means some rich guy. But, why baller? Basketballer?

steevo8
01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
ballin out a control yo.. Yep that's me dippin in my benzo wagon.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 10:30 AM
haha Ballin... mean's you just got money to burn, and you dont worry about what it costs... if you want it, you buy it.

Ben
01-31-2008, 10:38 AM
I'd like to know what it has to do with balls though.

steevo8
01-31-2008, 10:39 AM
cause that's how basketball and football players do. Cause their ballin

Ben
01-31-2008, 10:41 AM
cause that's how basketball, football, do. Cause their ballin

What about golf?

dabaysevo
01-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, basket, base, foot, baller.....because of the amount of money they make. Â* Then again I don't come up with this crap, so maybe it means you have big balls, IDK. :?

dabaysevo
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM
That still makes you a golf baller. Tiger Woods man.

dabaysevo
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Also, is it just me or did the warning, while you were typing __ of replies were made to this thread stop working? This is the second day that I have posted something and the system didn't warn me that there were already replies made to the thread.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 10:53 AM
^^ We complaionted about that, because most of us Post whores hate when were in a busy ass thread, and have to hit submit like 3 or 4 times to post a reply... so i think Nebo took the feature out.

its much better IMO

steevo8
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
yeah I catch myself having to go back and delete my post a lot more now cause of that feature not being there.

nebolic
01-31-2008, 11:08 AM
great now i have ppl complaining that they want to turn that feature back on hahahaha

nebo

steevo8
01-31-2008, 11:11 AM
its all good, but chances are I'm going to say some stuff that didn't need to be said. Oh well ish happens.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
hahaha, just gonna be alot of folks goin back to edit posts.... whatever tho.... its funny. because when that feature was on, there were time I would REALLY have to click submit quite a few times. thats got irritating.

someone said the pages seem to load faster now since that feature isn't on anymore.... i don't notice it.

DirectorSe7en
01-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Noooooo!! Keep it Nebo!

UCB
01-31-2008, 11:28 AM

nebo

I realize this, I would be much happier if I could at least get the epa ratings of 19/25. Ive gotten 25+ like once, and that was coming downhill from tahoe. Otherwise its 22-24. In the city I seriously get 14-15mpg and thats driving out of boost mose the time, when the car is as fast a toyota camry. Ive been trying to baby it lately with no avail, im at the 3/4 mark with only 160miles traveled

And yes it pains me knowing that 400whp LSX cars muster 30mpg on the highway l

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Yes i have my good and bad weeks on tanks of gas... my last take... which just ran down a couple days ago, took me 215 on it.... and the needle was ABOVE the Full mark when i filled up. I dont reaaaaly have a lot of traffic to deal with, and i was trying to baby the tank... but i did get on it on the freeway when some douche in an STI tried to not let me over for my exit, so he got the down shift, and 4th gear pull of death from me.

all in all, i call that a successful tank of gas from the evo.

Ben
01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Maybe you guys gave too much shit in your cars? I try to keep my trunk as empty as possible. Never get below 250 miles per tank and when I fill up I usually put in somewhere around 13.5 gallons. Always doing WOT bursts on the freeway combined with backroad drives.

steevo8
01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
maybe your car runs lean?

Ben
01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't know ask Bryan haha he's the guy who tuned it. Actually if I'm filling up at between 250-280 miles per tank and usually filling up 13.5 gallons that means I'm making between 18-21 mpg with hard driving mixed freeway, city, and backroads runs.

steevo8
01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
sounds about right..Ive never got 13.5 in my tank though..

shoot I think the best mpg i have ever got is about 20-21ish. usually about 14ish but thats my fault and I rarely drive on the freeway.

DaveLC2
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM

I don't recall getting more than 10 or 11gals in but I try to fill up before the light comes on. If I can go 6 days on a tank it's all good to me. I'm mixed with WOT bursts from time to time too. There's a nice mile long straight with no one around on my way home late at night.

Dave

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM
the MPG ratings were recently changed so the evo might not be too bad.. doesnt really matter anyway, we all know the car sucks on the highway.. cruising around at 3500rpms, its more of a off highway sprinter.... The good thing about the evo fuel effeciency is that its pretty consitant, I noticed with an LS engine, you can get insanely good highway mpg... much better then the evo due to the torque of the engine, but if your gasing it around town, your using up a serious amount of fuel, so it ends up balancing out.... the evo seems to get better mpg, in the city, while its at a disadvantage on the highway.

Chalk up yet another GM C6 reference in your posts...

Ben
01-31-2008, 12:38 PM

shoot I think the best mpg i have ever got is about 20-21ish. usually about 14ish but thats my fault and I rarely drive on the freeway.

I don't recall getting more than 10 or 11gals in but I try to fill up before the light comes on. If I can go 6 days on a tank it's all good to me. I'm mixed with WOT bursts from time to time too. There's a nice mile long straight with no one around on my way home late at night.

Dave

I keep driving on the gas light until the needle goes to below the last line.

DirectorSe7en
01-31-2008, 12:39 PM

steevo8
01-31-2008, 12:44 PM

thats a good way to burn up a fuel pump and/or suck up the crap on the bottom of the tank.... Also you run the risk of detonation/running lean if you dont pick up fuel..

Dave

Ben
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM

thats a good way to burn up a fuel pump and/or suck up the crap on the bottom of the tank.... Also you run the risk of detonation/running lean if you dont pick up fuel..

Dave

Never thought of that...maybe I'll start filling up right at the light. I was just getting annoyed when the light would come and fill up with like 9 gallons or something.

steevo8
01-31-2008, 12:49 PM
lol I dont even let it get to the point where the light comes on. :D

The big thing for me is I dont want the pump to go out and the only way of cooling is through keeping it submerged in gas.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 12:51 PM
The only Time I have Ever hit my Gas light, was when i was killing gas to switch my Fuel Pump the a Wally.

Haha, i freak out when the gas light turns on, so I never see it.

How many gallons, or miles are left on the tank when the light turns on anyway??

steevo8
01-31-2008, 12:55 PM
The only Time I have Ever hit my Gas light, was when i was killing gas to switch my Fuel Pump the a Wally.

Haha, i freak out when the gas light turns on, so I never see it.

How many gallons, or miles are left on the tank when the light turns on anyway??

Im not sure. In over 40k miles in a evo I have only seen the light come on one time, and it freaked me out. For the longest time I thought the light didnt work lol

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
I've done over 10 WOT pulls on the dyno with the light on so I think you are ok for a bit when it comes on. ;)

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Haha i thought that before too dood. lol. sure does freak me out. but like i said, only seen it once. Haha. i know friends who drive on that light like a mofo! MY GF is the queen of it in her TSX!!!

steevo8
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I've done over 10 WOT pulls on the dyno with the light on so I think you are ok for a bit when it comes on. ;)

Yeah most likely.. Im just very anal about my car like that, you know, measure the oil when I drain it after I strain it with a magnet, only chevron or 76, clean the filter if the oil isnt evenly coated, use die electric grease on just about EVERY electrical connector on the car, etc etc

The fuel level is just "one of those things" for me.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 01:06 PM

Yeah most likely.. Im just very anal about my car like that, you know, measure the oil when I drain it after I strain it with a magnet, only chevron or 76, clean the filter if the oil isnt evenly coated, use die electric grease on just about EVERY electrical connector on the car, etc etc

The fuel level is just "one of those things" for me.

Same with me, but more because I don't want to deal with being stranded. On the dyno it doesn't matter. Espically with barrels of gas 10ft away. :)

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 01:07 PM
any tuners ever run out of gas in the middle of a pull? :lol:

UCB
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Haha i thought that before too dood. lol. sure does freak me out. but like i said, only seen it once. Haha. i know friends who drive on that light like a mofo! MY GF is the queen of it in her TSX!!!

ohh..I want a tsx lol. Wish it had about 230-240hp like the accord does

redvolution
01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Gas mileage discussions belong on hybrid forums, not here.

bdking57
01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Chalk up yet another GM C6 reference in your posts...

Hey this is almost like an easter egg hunt, im gonna have to start planting more obscure refrencesÂ* :lol:

li

Ben
01-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Gas mileage discussions belong on hybrid forums, not here.

Come on now. We drive 4 cylinders. Haven't you ever had a dealer try to tell you that an Evo will get 30+ mpg because of it's small 2.0?

steevo8
01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
I had one tell me the ic sprayer helps with gas milage LOL

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
^^ haha same here when i got my 8. i also remember, when i went and was looking at 8's, one had a HORRIBLE Transfer case whine on it. Since I knew what it was, I decided to ask the dealer to see if he would BS me or not, and sure enough, this douche says " oh that the racing inspired transmission. Even porsche sounds like that"

Like dood... this aint no fuckin Euro Touring car with crazy ass gear whine from a racing tranny man. Needless to say, I didn't end up getting that one.

Ben
01-31-2008, 03:32 PM
^^ haha same here when i got my 8. i also remember, when i went and was looking at 8's, one had a HORRIBLE Transfer case whine on it. Since I knew what it was, I decided to ask the dealer to see if he would BS me or not, and sure enough, this douche says " oh that the racing inspired transmission. Even porsche sounds like that"

Like dood... this aint no fuckin Euro Touring car with crazy ass gear whine from a racing tranny man. Needless to say, I didn't end up getting that one.

Lol isn't the whine from the dog gears not having syncros or some shit? After going with my buddy to Stevens Creek Mitsu to check out an Evo I get this feeling that salesman will get really nervous if you show that you know a thing or two about the car. This guy was running back for help from his manager lol.

EFIxMR
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM
My EVO8 MR would consistently get 299-280 miles per tank which is about 24 mpg.

My EVO9 got about 260~ miles per tank, since I used to flog it everywhere. I think the mpg was 19-20.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Yea from like super strait cut gear i think. The videos where you hear the gear whine is insane!!! At the same time tho, I have heard a few evo's TC's like that too.

Yea when you know some shit, they either try and get help from a manager, or try to make you seem like you dont know shit about them, and they're the high and mighty. Usually, when i go test drive a car or whatever, I make sure to park where they can see my shit, so they don't think im some punk with a civic. i even had a guy at BMW say to me " you can handle it, I notice you drive an Evo" WTF?

gOt BoOsT
01-31-2008, 03:36 PM
i just checked out a X @ roseville mitsu this morning...i give it two thumbs down. it doesn't feel very sporty inside the driver seat. it doesn't look as race inspired as a rally car should. engine bay looks very cluttered. price tag was 44k (not a mR) only thing i liked was cruise control :)

DirectorSe7en
01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
You know you can buy a cruise control kit for the VIII and IX's right? If it's that important and all....

Ben
01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Yea from like super strait cut gear i think. The videos where you hear the gear whine is insane!!! At the same time tho, I have heard a few evo's TC's like that too.

Yea when you know some shit, they either try and get help from a manager, or try to make you seem like you dont know shit about them, and they're the high and mighty. Usually, when i go test drive a car or whatever, I make sure to park where they can see my shit, so they don't think im some punk with a civic. i even had a guy at BMW say to me " you can handle it, I notice you drive an Evo" WTF?

Could be from the lack of synchros too? Notice how reverse gear in some cars will whine?

gOt BoOsT
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
You know you can buy a cruise control kit for the VIII and IX's right? If it's that important and all....
just saying that cruise control was the only improved feature IMHO.

evo_ate_gsr
01-31-2008, 03:47 PM

Are you fuckin serious? i never knew that. haha

Could be from the lack of synchros too? Notice how reverse gear in some cars will whine?

Ben you smart mofo. I never though about that. hahah

BOOSTX2
01-31-2008, 03:47 PM
I wasnt feelin the X as a concept.. I must say I do like what I have seen so far but
curious about the 4b11t's durability being aluminum and a new design..
I'm not planning on picking one up tho.. I just don't dislike the X anymore..

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 03:57 PM

synchros are only for shifting. The whine in race cars is from the straight cut dog and/or sequential gear box.

Reverse whines more than other gears because, afaik, the reverse gear is closer to being straight cut.

DirectorSe7en
01-31-2008, 03:59 PM

Are you fuckin serious? i never knew that. haha
Yup.
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=1062&cat=0&page=1

I wasnt feelin the X as a concept.. I'm not planning on picking one up tho.. I just don't dislike the X anymore..

lol.....
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/emperor_palpatine-1.jpg

Ben
01-31-2008, 07:17 PM

synchros are only for shifting. The whine in race cars is from the straight cut dog and/or sequential gear box.

Reverse whines more than other gears because, afaik, the reverse gear is closer to being straight cut.

If I remember correctly first and reverse don't have synchros though, right? That's why you have to rev match to go back to first gear. BTW for you n00bs to driving manual (I know there's a lot of you) try not to even downshift to first in the first place lolz.

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
every gear has synchros, where 2-4th have double if I recall correctly

Ben
01-31-2008, 07:37 PM

Oh. I'm gonna start the new mod fad to make people feel like they are in race cars. It's gonna be removing your synchros. Woo!

dabaysevo
01-31-2008, 07:50 PM

I think first has triple, 2-3rd double, 4-5th single.Â* Reverse has double.Â* It could be a little big off though, but I just know first has triple.

P.S. Are we talking about the VIII/IX or the X?

JanSolo
01-31-2008, 08:20 PM
I like the new Evo, but I think driving it is going to be the decision maker for me. I've driven my G35 for too long and I miss the connected feel of the Evo.

H8er
01-31-2008, 09:25 PM
sorry to get off topic, again :lol:
But, my car whines like a mofo... should I be worried? It always did it, I figured it was normal :(

DirectorSe7en
01-31-2008, 09:45 PM
^Read up in the Tech & Help Sections, if you don't find your answer then post a topic for it in the right section.

;)

jayfi21
02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
i went to get an oil filter yesterday at concord mitsu ant they had 2 GSR's. one have an areo kit on it and they wanted 43k the other was 41k. They wanted me to trade in my 05 MR for a new MR but couldnt tell me the price or the new car. They said that they need viii and ix's real bad now because people still want them!

Ben
02-05-2008, 11:31 AM
^ The J.S.F in your sig wouldn't happen to mean Juiced Sucka Foo's?

jayfi21
02-05-2008, 11:38 AM
lol no, its my name

Ben
02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Oh lol. Well then.

Ben
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
^ The J.S.F in your sig wouldn't happen to mean Juiced Sucka Foo's?
What the hell is that? A secret society?

...Hey no fair! I wanna join :(

It's an old skate thing hehe.

overdrive
02-05-2008, 12:05 PM
longtube headers with no cats or mufflers.. 115 db + WOT ...

The bias from police is painfully obvious.

Hahahaha! This is so true bro...

Anyways, I really liked the STI at first, but the X just grew on me.

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
^So when you getting yours?

Lurk
06-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Baller, Shotcaller, 20" blades on the... :lol:

DoggDicker
06-05-2008, 01:20 PM
The only way the X doesn't look like total @$$, is if you remove the wing...but in the end, it's still in the negative light with the popo's...

DD

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Think so? To me, the X seems like it would catch alot less heat compared to the VIII or IX. :?

gOt BoOsT
06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
like the car more and more everyday!!

overdrive
06-06-2008, 02:30 AM
^So when you getting yours?

Hopefully by the end of this year...

Got yours yet D?

DirectorSe7en
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Lol, come on now. You know if I had it I'd be running around the forum with pics galore.

Latest word is 10 days or less. :shock: 8)

overdrive
06-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Lol, come on now. You know if I had it I'd be running around the forum with pics galore.

Post LOTS of pics bro.

No no, post lots of pics once you have all the aftermarket parts on. :D

Ben
06-15-2008, 12:29 PM

Pics of you or the car?

DirectorSe7en
06-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Definitely me, with the car in the background.

superman37r1
06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
And a pic with you and the car sitting anywhere besides the dealership lol...

overdrive
06-16-2008, 11:13 AM
After seeing Nebo's X, I really want a WW X. Not in any color! LOL...

I really like the way his car looked with the drop, exhaust, and rims.

JDMevoBOOST
06-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I still think the front is hot. The back is still hurt. And the side still looks like a TSX.

Done well, it can look pretty darn aggressive, but I still like the overall styling of evo9.

DirectorSe7en
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
^+1, the rear is hurt.

Hurry up and buy! 8)

overdrive
06-16-2008, 11:54 AM
^+1, the rear is hurt.

Hurry up and buy! 8)

I was really thinking of getting a low-mileage VIII/IX or maybe a new X.

Sometime towards the end of the year for sure.

Got your X yet bro?

DirectorSe7en
06-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I was really thinking of getting a low-mileage VIII/IX or maybe a new X. Sometime towards the end of the year for sure.

Got your X yet bro?

Well that might be a good plan. Seems like the GSR's are only getting cheaper.

I should have my MR by the end of this week if all goes well.

bricel24
06-16-2008, 12:20 PM
i've been thinking about a GG GSR lately... who knows, maybe towards the end of the year? lol

overdrive
06-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I was really thinking of getting a low-mileage VIII/IX or maybe a new X. Sometime towards the end of the year for sure.

Got your X yet bro?

Well that might be a good plan. Seems like the GSR's are only getting cheaper.

I should have my MR by the end of this week if all goes well.

Yeah, X GSR's are selling at MSRP. Post pics once you have your X bro.

i've been thinking about a GG GSR lately... who knows, maybe towards the end of the year? lol

Only way I could afford another vehicle coz by that time, two of my cars will be paid off.

Hmmm, another idea would be trading in one of them.

JDMevoBOOST
06-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Shiet dude....for this much cash though....could put that down on a leftover brand new 07 M or something....and only have one year of extra payments.

DirectorSe7en
06-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Choices, Choices......

Yeah, X GSR's are selling at MSRP.

MSRP? lol, who's ripping you off? Socal has them $3k under invoice.

overdrive
06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Choices, Choices......

Yeah, X GSR's are selling at MSRP.

MSRP? lol, who's ripping you off? Socal has them $3k under invoice.

Did I write at MSRP?? LOL. Had a typo there. I meant GSR's selling below MSRP.

chuynh207
06-17-2008, 12:30 AM
I honestly love my X, it is my first EVO however. I've driven the IXs before and I liked those too, but the interior styling and exterior styling of the X just attract me so much more. Don't get me wrong now, the exterior of the IX is great, but somewhere somehow, I'd just rather prefer the X...

Now in comparison to the 335is and such, IMO I'd never spend my money on those cars. All it is, are leather seats and wood grain interior... but that's just my personal opinion.

DirectorSe7en
06-17-2008, 12:36 AM
For reals, what's up with the Wood Grain. Who likes that shit? Old people.

AWDrift
06-17-2008, 03:18 AM
Now in comparison to the 335is and such, IMO I'd never spend my money on those cars. All it is, are leather seats and wood grain interior... but that's just my personal opinion.

and a twin turbo 6, but who cares about that? :p

steevo8
06-17-2008, 08:21 AM
and a well built car, who cares about that? :p

What I want though is a wood grain wheel so I can be like this :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCZSVqI9V6U

willitas34
06-20-2008, 11:04 PM

and a twin turbo 6, but who cares about that? :p

+1

:P

steevo8
06-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Figured I would post this here instead of clogging shit up with a stupid question for no reason.

So how much tire can you stuff under a X with just fender rolling? Lowered of course. 285's or 295's on a 10.5 wheel doable?

DirectorSe7en
06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
So how much tire can you stuff under a X with just fender rolling? Lowered of course. 285's or 295's on a 10.5 wheel doable?

Well, I was at EIP yesterday and they had a WW X that had 18x10 + 15 rims on 285 tires stock body no rolling. It was crazy to look at and more then I would do, but still sick.

steevo8
06-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I have seen 10.5 on them already so if you can rock a 285 without rolling then I would assume you could stuff 295's or even 305's or 315's with little work. :shock:

rigd1
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Lately, I've been thinking about owning a X MR.

I'll admit, I didn't like Xs at all for awhile cuz of motor change and increase in body size. It grew on me alot! Then, once the Automatic came out, I feel that it's time to retire the IX and drag scene.

Not being able to drive my IX since late May, due to a ticket and rotater cuff surgery has given me alot of time to think. I had to buy a commuter w/ AT. I'm not too happy about having 2 car payments, especially when I can't drive my IX. So, once I recover from this and get my settlement, I may make the move. It'll hurt getting rid of the IX, but in the long run it makes more sense to me.

We'll see how it goes......................stay tuned.