PDA

View Full Version : EBC brake pads

1StockEvo
11-21-2004, 10:03 PM
I am in some serious need of some front and rear brake pads. I am interested in picking up some EBC Greenstuff front and rear pads but nobody seems to have these in stock. If anyone knows where I can get these pads ASAP please let me know thanks. All help is appreciated.

wilson1
11-21-2004, 10:03 PM
how about the Tirerack?

vtluu
11-21-2004, 11:08 PM
I've read mixed reviews about EBC Greenstuff pads. Mach V Motorsports (www.machevo.com) carries them; they do have price going for them I guess. I paid $234 for a full set of Ferodo DS2500 pads from RaceShopper.com. Installed them and bedded them in yesterday, and so far the difference vs. stock pads is obviously--much better initial bite-in, generally "firmer" braking feel. Can't wait to try them at auto-x and the track...

1StockEvo
11-21-2004, 11:18 PM
how about the Tirerack?

thanks wilson but tirerack has them as a backordered item.

1StockEvo
11-21-2004, 11:21 PM
I've read mixed reviews about EBC Greenstuff pads. Mach V Motorsports (www.machevo.com) carries them; they do have price going for them I guess. I paid $244 for a full set of Ferodo DS2500 pads from RaceShopper.com. Installed them and bedded them in yesterday, and so far the difference vs. stock pads is obviously--much better initial bite-in, generally "firmer" braking feel. Can't wait to try them at auto-x and the track...

whats the wear and heat rating on the ferodo ds2500 Tam? The only reason why I want the ebc pads is because I heard they are a great all around pad,the heat and wear rating are good and they supposedly cut down on a lot of brake dust. A buddy of mine has these on his TT supra and said their great on and off the track.

vtluu
11-21-2004, 11:31 PM
whats the wear and heat rating on the ferodo ds2500 Tam?
I don't know of any standard rating systems, but the Ferodos come recommended from auto-x and roadrace drivers whose opinions I personally respect. Hey, when the bedding-in instructions end with "pull in to the pits" you know they're definitely geared towards racing. :D

http://www.raceshopper.com/ferodo_compounds.shtml has more information about Ferodo brake pad compounds including the DS2500.

Description
The DS2500 has a friction level of approximatively 0.50 this remains constant at any speed and at any temperature that the brake system is working at.

The DS2500 compound is designed for racing applications thanks to its excellent speed and temperature sensitivity characteristics.

Features

The main characteristics of DS2500 are:

-Race developed

-Performs equally well on heavy and light cars

-20% less pad wear than competitive products.

-Minimal bedding-in. Supplied ready to use.

-Disc friendly.

-Consistent friction level with changing temperatures and speeds to give optimal pedal modulation.

-High friction level at low temperature (good cold braking).

-High friction level at very high temperatures.

-35% less compressability than competitive products (racing pedal feel).

-Less noise for increased driving comfort

jondukes
11-22-2004, 12:28 AM
i used hawk blue 9012 at the track for 1st time on friday and holy crap those things are AMAZING no fade at all,turned calipers brown but i dont care about that,there the best ive ever used(i havnt tracked alot though)