PDA

View Full Version : indoor go cart

brwnrice
01-20-2004, 08:17 PM
is there any indoor cart racing in norcal? in socal they have Dromo1 in oragne county and speed circuit in san diego.

howiEVO8
01-20-2004, 08:52 PM
i highly doubt it..only outdoors that i know of = I

leif
01-20-2004, 09:31 PM
there's one in fremont..forget wut its called tho

1StockEvo
01-20-2004, 09:38 PM
There is one in burlingame called gokartracer.com
You can check their website out for more info.
The address is:
1541 Adrian Rd
Burlingame CA 94010
650-692-RACE(7223)

evo_dadi
01-20-2004, 10:02 PM
why does this sound so familiar? oh well,there's www.lemanskarting.com , www.speedring-kartracing.com ,
www.gokartracer.com these places are all up here in norcal by the bay.

nebolic
01-21-2004, 12:33 AM
in sac, off of bradshaw and 50, RPM indoor go-karting...

let me kno if anyone is interested.

brwnrice
01-21-2004, 09:46 AM
thanks guys :D i'm going to check out speedring in santa clara since it's 10 minutes away from my house. i'm already hooked in this indoor gokarting, even though i'ved done it only once in san diego.

ob4
01-21-2004, 12:31 PM
I would not recomand the indoor karting track in Burlingame. They setup their karts to misfire when trying to brake with the throttle on. This is to prevent people from doing any trail braking and keep the wear on their equipment to a minimum. But it kills the fun factor. Speedring is a better place, but their equipment is a little older.

-ob4

chris
01-22-2004, 02:13 AM
i always wanted to try go-karting. but never had the time

GokuSSJ4
01-23-2004, 01:46 AM
i havent had the chance to do Dromo1 , which i must . Im sure its lots of fun . unfortuanally i miss the last mini meeting which took place there

brwnrice
02-01-2004, 04:55 PM
i finally went to speedring in santa clara and boy it was a lot of fun driving those karts! i'm getting addicted to this already and thinking of building a shifter kart already. hmmm......should i mod my evo first or build a go-kart..... :roll:

ob4
02-01-2004, 10:57 PM
shifter karts are a rush... they're probably faster on a road course than our evos.

-ob4

halz
02-11-2004, 05:12 PM
The track at Speedring isn't nearly as fun as it used to be.. for some reason or another, they decided to paint some of the track. Paint. They painted it. With paint.
Sooooo, sure, while the conditions are the same for everyone else in certain areas of the track, its like driving around on an ice skating rink.. If you'd like some lessons in drifting, it would be a good time to go there.
They've also gotten stiff with the deals they used to have there during the week. It used to be possible to drive any day during the week, from opening to 3pm, for $55. Then it was narrowed down to just Friday.. then, they would be closed on Friday if they didn't have some corporate event held there that day :mad:
Thankfully, there are still some days where 3 sessions are possible for $30.. thats about as good a deal they have.. unless you're a girl, where on 'Ladies Night' , sessions are 50% off.

As far as I know, Lemans Karting still has an 'all you can drive' deal for $60. Something like 3 hours of track time is possible. Alas, the track sucks, and the karts can be sketchy.. I had one that was so low to the ground, that whenever I got on the brakes, it would bottom-out, launching me into the turn like speed-racer. Theres a rubber compound stuck to the track to improve grip, but with karts setup to hunker down and drag frame bolts along the ground, the compounds along the conventional race-line gets tossed up into the air.. End result is, a poor lesson in what the 'fastest line' is.. You ought to find yourself going deep into a turn, breaking lose the rear so its settled in the rubbery compound on the outside of the turn and basically 'understeering' the front of the kart in the non-grippy line around the turn in a a sort of 4 wheel drift. Its very odd. The conventional race line just spins the tires out of the turn.

GoKart Racer is very good, in that they have an interesting track with a very grippy surface (the karts can skip along on three wheels if you're braking and turning in) complete with some elevation change(!!), it has some very fast sections where the kart will constantly be in transition making you feel like a real race car driver, there are harnesses that tell you you were not driving hard enough if you don't hurt enough to not raise your arms over your head.. and the equipment is just *new*.
Its down side is, it hasn't got any deals that allow for alot of track time.. and the driving suits are not washed until the end of the day. so... bring layers! And the karts don't have a brake light, so try to stay off the bumper of a slower kart going into a turn or you'll lose momentum by sending them twoards the wall, which isn't very friendly.

I still have the stack of session results from pretty much all of the karting sessions I have done.. so what more could you expect from a jobless person cleaning out their room, than their best lap times?!
Speedring: 29.971 9/26/03
LeMans: 23.913 10/15/03
GoKart: 28.845 01/02/04

brwnrice
02-11-2004, 05:39 PM
29's is a very good time at speed ring! :shock: my fastest time was only 34 sec. the track guys said it's about average so i'm happy with it.

s13chica
02-12-2004, 11:54 AM
My best time at speedring was in the high 32's, but at gokartracer I can school most of the boys...

brwnrice
02-15-2004, 06:53 PM
yey! just came back from speedring with s13chica and all i can say is that i beat my old record by a full 2 seconds. thanks to halz's racing line i wouldnt have done it! 8) with just a total of four total kart sessions i think i am doing very well :D goin back there again this wednesday night so if you guys want to go to just hollah!