PDA

View Full Version : New to the EVO scene.. when is next event?

AsianSceneEVO
11-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Just picked up a titanium grey MR and looking into mods, wanted to meet other EVO owners and take a look as to whats out there. When is the next N. CA evo meet?

warpspeed
11-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Before we use to have it every month but with the peoples schedule, we have every other month. Our next one would probably be in January.

EVO GRIM
11-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Whats up man welcome, and you've come to the right place, some of these guys have some sick evos.

nebolic
11-28-2004, 06:16 PM
actually the next event will be next weeked for the EvoM tuner shootout. The event after that is the GT Live Event on December 18th in L.A. Then most likely we will have the next NorCalEvo meet in januanry ..... also depending on where you are, we always have impromptu meetings and hang outs... where are you located....

Nebo

BluEvo
11-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the club. An MR huh, sweet!

Steiner
11-28-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm also looking to check out one of the upcoming meets and maybe take a spin in somebody's RS before I decide to buy.

wilson1
11-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Just picked up a titanium grey MR and looking into mods, wanted to meet other EVO owners and take a look as to whats out there. When is the next N. CA evo meet?

Congrats!

WE have the main events and there are other sideshows, with mini MR meets and such. :wink:

Stay tuned

AsianSceneEVO
11-29-2004, 02:38 AM
Yea im on the penninsula, san mateo area. I heard most of the guys are in sj or milpitas. not too far of a drive for me. would like to talk to some folks in person to get a better perspective on what to do. im pretty tight with some of the performance shops, ASP in Daly City and Bozz in San Leandro. I just need pointers as to where to go. I prob cant make it to LA but any local mini meets would be cool.

vtluu
11-29-2004, 02:55 AM
Looks like you've had quite the collection of cars. What's your track/motorsports experience?

jstockdale
11-29-2004, 04:27 AM
Oh yeah :) I know San Mateo ... that's where I got my first CA ticket :P

No but anyway, I'm actually not that far from you, so if you want to ever see a car full of WORKS goodies drop me a line. They're definitely the best shop I've worked with.

Have fun with the MR :)

-S ...

SouthernCrane
11-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the boards.......maybe we can get a mini meet together between the shootout and JGTC.

kimmievo
11-29-2004, 08:45 AM
I used to live in SM, but just moved down to Redwood City...I'm still not that far away from you. Congrats! The MR is sweet!

toasty
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm jealious :(

EvoVIII
11-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Yea im on the penninsula, san mateo area. I heard most of the guys are in sj or milpitas. not too far of a drive for me. would like to talk to some folks in person to get a better perspective on what to do. im pretty tight with some of the performance shops, ASP in Daly City and Bozz in San Leandro. I just need pointers as to where to go. I prob cant make it to LA but any local mini meets would be cool.
omg a Stock MR is not enough for u?? break it in properly first, b4 u start modding it

evo_dadi
11-29-2004, 07:41 PM
lmao!! hey john so how's your cousin bilbo baggins ;)

most likely not till january for the next meet since december is a hectic month for everybody.

Deviousone209
11-30-2004, 01:29 AM
im up for a mini meet, im in los banos but i will pretty much drive anywhere, i havent hung out with any evo owners yet.. get tired of seeing the same cars here in my town.

AsianSceneEVO
11-30-2004, 05:49 AM
too late on the mods, i have the bov and tt in, springs and exhaust are on the way, wheels on order.

Do you guys have a hookup at Works? Id like to get the short shifter and the P2. Ive got a grip of stuff coming from HK: satin blk emblem, red mitsubishi badge, VARIS CF door pillars & exhaust shield, Defi gauges, and some other stuff.

If anyone interested in a small small mini meet this weekend so I can check out your cars? Maybe Fri evening or Saturday during the day? Like maybe parking lot @ Stanford shopping center or somewhere else?

kimmievo
11-30-2004, 09:32 AM
If we do a little meet this weekend, I would stay away from the malls right now...
Saturday would be better for me. What about everyone else?

AsianSceneEVO
11-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Name a place and Im there.

evoredy
11-30-2004, 01:20 PM
:cop: Saturday! Perfect!

ill bring the :buds: and the :stoned: .

kimmievo
11-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Ok, how about TGI Friday's in San Mateo? Somewhere in the parking lot? We can all hang out for a bit, and then maybe go in and have some drinks and appetizers?

Saturday, 2p?

Is anyone has any other ideas, chime in! :)

evoredy
11-30-2004, 05:10 PM
:drool:
i haven't had jack daniels sesame chicken strips in a couple of months....

and i'll visit my friend who recently moved to san mateo. (Jeep person/not evo :( )

r6bruin
11-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Yea im on the penninsula, san mateo area.

Cool, I'm from San Mateo too, let's meet up for good sometime. :wink:

Congrats on the new ride! And it's one hot web site you created
http://www.asianscene.com/ :buds: Is there any way that I can hook up with these hotties? http://www.asianscene.com/MODELS/MAIN.asp :roll:

EvoVIII
11-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Kaila Yu is so HOTTTTT :flowers: when can I meet her in person?!!

r6bruin
11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Kaila Yu is so HOTTTTT :flowers: when can I meet her in person?!!

I know.... so does Ivy Lee, Dee Kali, Bonnie Kim, Min Fabian.... Dude are you people still hiring? :beaming:

r6bruin
11-30-2004, 06:27 PM
too late on the mods, i have the bov and tt in, springs and exhaust are on the way, wheels on order.

Ive got a grip of stuff coming from HK: satin blk emblem, red mitsubishi badge, VARIS CF door pillars & exhaust shield, Defi gauges, and some other stuff.

Mind to bring 'em along to the meet? Looks like you had a early X'mas shopping trip :) Btw did you get all the goodies from HK?

Deviousone209
11-30-2004, 08:33 PM
how bout somewhere in san jose, its a little closer to me? friday day or night and sunday anytime..saturday, i have to go shopping wityh my girl, but i can go on sat night. and if i dont go with her saturday morning,...oh the pain!! :pissed:

AsianSceneEVO
12-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Actually most of the models on my site arent even local.. they usually just submit pics from wherever they live. Kaila Yu is ok.. shes cool been around a long time. My personal favorites are Christine Mendoza and Serena Lee.

There arent too many models in the Bay, except for a couple that live up North around Davis and Sac. I do have quite a few amateurs in and around the Bay but nobody famous.

As for hiring, all my guys work on a volunteer basis since the site is more a personal hobby as it generates just enough to cover costs. If you want to help out, you are always welcome.

See you guys at the meet.

Jakeg97
01-07-2005, 01:34 AM

whats the titanium grey mr ? graphite grey pearl?

EvoVIII
01-07-2005, 01:43 AM

whats the titanium grey mr ? graphite grey pearl?
I am assuming titanium grey is the 1 that everybody have :D just like the MR in the NorCalEvo.net Home page

turbotiger
01-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Graphite Gray Pearl is the MR exclusive color that every single person who bought a MR has, including me. :)

dohcvtec
01-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Graphite Gray Pearl is the MR exclusive color that every single person who bought a MR has, including me. :)
my buddy bought a silver MR, does he not count? hehe
they came in:
gray
red
white
and silver

EVO GRIM
01-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Graphite Gray pearl is a "fancy" name for gray