PDA

View Full Version : Avon M500 125 mile review

WOT
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Got the Avon M500's on with 125 miles on the tires. Initial impression after alignment by RRE.

Grip- Not very far behind the advan on city streets as I was expecting. When the tires are very cold, the M500's are better. Once warm, obviously the advans are better, but not as much as I was expecting, which makes me happier.

ride- The ride is softer, with that, I can feel the car progressing through it's weight transfer. Doesnt feel like a crown victoria or anything, I just now feel some roll. However, the tire shop did comment how stiff the sidewall was. They said the m500 sidewall was definately stiffer than a RE750 or ES100. The car isnt as harsh over all the imperfections in the road as well. Take that for what its worth.

noise- Definately a lot quieter. I didnt realize how annoying the advans were in this category, regardless of speed.

Steering response- Yeah, it's not like the advan, but not that far off, pleasantly suprised actually. Besides, if I have a pedestrian jump out in front of my car, I plan to run them over anyway.

All in all, I am happy with the new tires so far. I dont plan on tracking the car, so they suit my purpose just fine.