PDA

View Full Version : Mitsu 3bar MAP sensor

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Now that the Evo X comes with the "JDM" 3bar map sensor we can buy them here in the states.

Yay!

Part #1865A052

$127.98 at Mitsubishiparts.net

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/cart/?pn=1865A052

byt
02-19-2008, 07:47 PM
would that be the same one that would allow us to log boost via evoscan?

gohdunlam
is this equal or better then my gm 3port =[

byt

this isn't a boost solenoid...

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Yes.

It's a MAP sensor which allows boost logging within Evoscan and looks OEM, well because it is OEM. ;) It also allows you to switch to psi-target boost control instead of load-target boost control, if you are using ECU-boost

The GM 3-port is a boost control solenoid.

whtrice
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow..Nice find Bryan!

Kings Fan
02-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Bryan, I pm'ed you about this awhile back but never got a response. Do you recommend the psi-target boost control over load-target boost control. What are your thoughts on this? Also, do you know of the EGR/CEL problem has fixed when running this? Thanks!

gohdunlam
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
so gm3port isn't ecu controlled but like mbc? dammit i just swapped to 3port too =[

whtrice
02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
No..It is ECU controlled.

so gm3port isn't ecu controlled but like mbc? dammit i just swapped to 3port too =[

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey Bryan, I pm'ed you about this awhile back but never got a response. Do you recommend the psi-target boost control over load-target boost control. What are your thoughts on this? Also, do you know of the EGR/CEL problem has fixed when running this? Thanks!

With the GM solenoid, psi-target works pretty well. It has some issues with the stock solenoid and upgraded boost lines.

Afaik, the EGR CEL issues has been fixed.

chrisw
02-19-2008, 08:32 PM

yuppers!

8)

BUT!!!

you also need to insure that your ROM ID is supported.

I think a large share already are supported, but you should check this thread to see if your EVO is supported.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=259595

UCB
02-19-2008, 08:37 PM

lol what are you talking about mang

3bar map sensor-essentially a factory boost gauge that can read up to 3bar (roughly 45psi) and can be logged via evoscan

gm3port-3 port boost control solenoid, its the magical black box that dictates how much boost you run, which is via the ecu control

steevo8
02-19-2008, 08:51 PM
aside from logging with boost, is there any other benefit?

UCB
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
as bryan stated, instead of doing load based boost control, you an do psi based boost control.

So basically you set a target boost level...(23psi) for a given rpm. Since you now have actual boost being reported back to the ecu, with the correct rom mod, it will adjust wgdc to hit the target

Essentially you can turn your ecu into a true closed loop boost controller, not really any different than an ebc , well perhaps minus a PID control system :D

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
as bryan stated, instead of doing load based boost control, you an do psi based boost control.

So basically you set a target boost level...(23psi) for a given rpm. Since you now have actual boost being reported back to the ecu, with the correct rom mod, it will adjust wgdc to hit the target

Little more in-depth than that but that is the general idea. You still have to set a correct WGDC curve.

steevo8
02-19-2008, 10:34 PM
so will it make my car faster? Is what I should have asked.

byt
02-19-2008, 10:49 PM
not if you're already t00n'd without it :D

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-19-2008, 10:52 PM
so will it make my car faster? Is what I should have asked.

No.

Positron
02-19-2008, 10:56 PM

3bar map sensor-essentially a factory boost gauge that can read up to 3bar (roughly 45psi) and can be logged via evoscan

gm3port-3 port boost control solenoid, its the magical black box that dictates how much boost you run, which is via the ecu control

+1. guy needs Mitsu 3bar map sensor for dummies

byt
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM

i don't understand how people can blindly mod and/or do things to their cars without having any clue of what's being done. if bryan all of a sudden made a post about how rubbing shit on your air filter made you faster i bet some morons would pop a squat on top of their intake within 5 mins of reading it.

no offense to bryan, just calling out the sheep :lol:

(btw bryan maybe you should post that for april fool's and see what happens...)

Positron
02-19-2008, 11:03 PM
lol @ bohr, i feel the same thing

UCB
02-19-2008, 11:13 PM

i don't understand how people can blindly mod and/or do things to their cars without having any clue of what's being done. if bryan all of a sudden made a post about how rubbing shit on your air filter made you faster i bet some morons would pop a squat on top of their intake within 5 mins of reading it.

no offense to bryan, just calling out the sheep :lol:

(btw bryan maybe you should post that for april fool's and see what happens...)

bastard, i was about to go make my car fast as shit, stop spreading vicious lies!

MarkSAE
02-19-2008, 11:48 PM

Don't forget to subtract 1 atmosphere. ;) A 3-bar MAP sensor can read up to about 30 psi of boost.

UCB
02-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Yes indeed :)

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Don't shortchange the .3 ;)

UCB
02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
thats why we said about :lol:

4g63_guy
02-21-2008, 12:21 PM
man so many choices with ecu base boost. right now i have Bryan's boost pill set for 22psi and i was able to get it tuned a lil better on a dynojet. but the load based tunes were more difficult to understand especially with the tbec settings. i might consider going to the mitsu 3bar map sensor. what sucks is i just picked up a zeitronix zt2 w/ 3.5bar sensor already