PDA

View Full Version : Hayward Discrimination Police Depatment

IlovemyevoIX
02-25-2008, 12:48 PM
My friend was driving down Industrial following a milpitas police car when a HPD police car comes out of nowere and rides my friends 94 honda accord, pulls him over, the cop comes out of his car, and its the same damm cop that pulled him over the past 2 times, does the usuall routine and my friend ask'd him why he got pulled over, the cop says that hes driving with expired tags when clearly he has a number 2 on the back of his car, so the cop checks it out and says to him that he can only drive the car from his house to the repair shop, which is complete BS, but still the cop gives him the ticket, and now my friend wants to file charges for discrimination and harassment against the police officer...

Anyone know of any lawyers that could help him out?

uhoh_evo
02-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Isn't he out of his jurisdiction?

jdmSpecMR
02-25-2008, 01:02 PM
no, cause he was in hayward/union city area following a milpitas cop so the HPD (hayward police department) is in his own turf, damn bro that sucks to hear! is it your friend that rolled with you to meet last tuesday that has the accord?

DirectorSe7en
02-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Disrimination will be hard and expensive to prove, and in the end you'd just end up losing to be really honest.

The Cops will say everytime he pulled you over you were at fault for something and there is proof based on the tickets he issued.

IlovemyevoIX
02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
no, cause he was in hayward/union city area following a milpitas cop so the HPD (hayward police department) is in his own turf, damn bro that sucks to hear! is it your friend that rolled with you to meet last tuesday that has the accord?

Yeah it was daryl

Disrimination will be hard and expensive to prove, and in the end you'd just end up losing to be really honest.

The Cops will say everytime he pulled you over you were at fault for something and there is proof based on the tickets he issued.

this time was over the edge tho, pulling him over for expired tags, when it clearly had temp plates.

island_671
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
damn!

jdmSpecMR
02-25-2008, 04:26 PM
yeah i thought you could drive around with that temp paper with the month number on it. maybe i was mistakened this whole time, never had to use one but i dont know :lol:

Sfkn2
02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Discrimination.. That's your word against the cops, I suppose. As for jurisdiction, I believe they removed that a few years back. I don't think there's such thing as 'jurisdiction' anymore. I don't think your friend has a case. :/

cmydust
02-25-2008, 04:37 PM
File a complaint against the cop. If too many complaints are filed against a cop, IA gets involved. thats just wat ive heard.

wzcx
02-25-2008, 04:38 PM
File a complaint against the cop. If too many complaints are filed against a cop, IA gets involved. thats just wat ive heard.

Yep, that's exactly it. But it's REALLY hard to get a cop fired, unless you have video of a beating or something- even then there's no guarantee.

cmydust
02-25-2008, 04:41 PM

Yep, that's exactly it. But it's REALLY hard to get a cop fired, unless you have video of a beating or something- even then there's no guarantee.

Also, dont that messes with their chances of getting promotions within the dept?

IlovemyevoIX
02-25-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah i thought you could drive around with that temp paper with the month number on it. maybe i was mistakened this whole time, never had to use one but i dont know :lol:

we asked a "community service" officer and he said that the cop doesnt know what hes talking about and that we can take it to the police station and thell just check to see if he has a tag and rip it up.

JDMevoBOOST
02-25-2008, 04:58 PM
You have no case at all. I have been pulled over with that temporary tag as well. They have the right to pull you over, but they shouldn't have given the ticket after seeing the temp tag up close.

People photocopy those temp tags so thats prolly why they pull you over. I had it happen to me in SF in my integra. After they verified I had insurance and verified my VIN they let me go.

fiaevo.com
02-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Since I have an unsually prestine driving record along with every moving violation known to mankind, they always ask me the same question twice. It is fucking annoying, but I cannot argue, since I know it is mostly my fault. However , the funny or extremely annoying part is when, I got pulled over twice with my wife inside ( I was not speeding, just made some turns that were not there) they asked me twice who's car it was and if the registered owner knew how I was driving it??? WTF I said it is my wife's twice and pointed at her as she was next to me??? it happened twice and both of the times it was in San Jose..

dl_EVO
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Report the cop and say he called you a Chinaman! He will get instant administrative duty and they will take away his gun..

In SF, this is how it works at least. :lol:

IlovemyevoIX
02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
You have no case at all. I have been pulled over with that temporary tag as well. They have the right to pull you over, but they shouldn't have given the ticket after seeing the temp tag up close.

People photocopy those temp tags so thats prolly why they pull you over. I had it happen to me in SF in my integra. After they verified I had insurance and verified my VIN they let me go.

it wasnt me who got the ticket, was my friend..

player67
02-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Complete BS....hope it all gets worked out.

IlovemyevoIX
02-26-2008, 12:21 AM
so my friend daryl went to the PD, spoke with the sergent in charge of the officer, and the sergent asked him which officer it was and he said "the officer varela is a well respected officer, i dont know why he would disriminate" and thats what we assumed what he would say, then my friend asked the sergent why he still got the ticket, and the sergent told him that the DMV "EXTRACTED" the extention on him getting a little more time to get his car smogged, (i think its total BS, wouldnt the DMV tell you if your "extention" was going to be EXTRACTED? lol theirs no way of getting around the police, i sware!!

Chris

player67
02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
theirs no way of getting around the police, i sware!!
Chris

No doubt about it Chris

IlovemyevoIX
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
theirs no way of getting around the police, i sware!!
Chris

No doubt about it Chris

EVEN WITH MY LIGHTBAR I WONT BE CLOSE TO WHAT THEY ARE!

fiaevo.com
02-26-2008, 02:29 PM
BS.... they say police is the only gang, I guess so.

IlovemyevoIX
02-26-2008, 02:47 PM
BS.... they say police is the only gang, I guess so.

FEDERALES! FTL!