PDA

View Full Version : Any dealers open on Saturdays?

nebolic
01-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Does anybody know of a dealership that opens on saturday so i can get an oil change?

Thanks

vtluu
01-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Bah, change it yourself, I know I will. Ain't paying $120 for a frickin' oil change ever again. :bandhead:

nebolic
01-22-2004, 03:08 PM
thanks if i wanted to do it myself I wouldn't have posted a thread to ask if there are any dealerships open on saturday. If in the future, you cannot answer a question, i'd appreciate it if you didnt answer at all. I just didnt want to go through the hassle of going to a few different places to get oil, filter and also dumping the oil, thus I inquired of a dealership.

vtluu
01-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Hayward Mitsu is open Saturday... but for reasons already mentioned I wouldn't recommend them. In the past I've gotten my Eclipse serviced at Stevens Creek on Saturday as well. The latter, and possibly the former, may be open by appointment only, so call ahead...

nebolic
01-22-2004, 03:57 PM
okie so heres an idea for people who dont want do their own oil changes and only have free time on weekends to take their car in.

Buy filter at dealer part number md356000 or mz690116 cost : $5.95 + tax
Buy Mobil 1 10w30 Full syn ~$4/quart (shop around) 5 bottles = $20 + tax
Labor to get oil change and dumped at Jiffy lube is 29.99 but you get a $3 dollar discount for bringing in your own oil and I believe $1 discount for your own oil filter. And also if you tell them you have a coupon but didnt bring one they usually throw in a few bucks off. I have some $7 off coupons, but its in the computer and they can tack it on for you. So cost would be.

$6+$20+$30-$4-($7 if you have coupon)= $45 or $55 if you cant get coupons etc...

Not a bad deal if you dont want to do it yourself, just a suggestion for those who are in a situation like me.

evo_dadi
01-22-2004, 07:46 PM
this is how i did mine since i got the evo,first oil change was at the dealership then the 2nd & 3rd i did it myself.on the 4th im thinking on bringing it to the dealership just to get checked in case there's something wrong or any faults that comes up.since the warranty does say that if you do your own oil change you have to keep all the receipts and write down the dates & miles you had when you cahnge the oil. so just in case something comes up that needs fixing you got a proof that you're taking care of the car and not neglecting it.

howiEVO8
01-22-2004, 08:58 PM
eddy, check your inbox

nebolic
01-22-2004, 09:36 PM
word howie, got your PM, thanks dude. ;-) oh on a side note, i took my car to jiffy lube adn they were checking the fluids etc... i think they thought the intercooler spray reservoir was washer fluid so they opened it and shit just spilt out. i looked back in there, theres still some fluid left so i just left it as it is, besides i haven't used the intercooler spray. Just a thought, do you guys think that some fluid is in the pipe (the lid which has a pipe attached to it) and some was left in the pipe, thats why it spilt when they took the cap off? Just a thought. any suggestions would be cool

vtluu
01-22-2004, 11:34 PM
I've refilled my intercooler spray a few times (though I probably didn't need to) and what I've found is that if you try to top it off, the excess will just spill out under the car. Kinda alarming first time it happens but apparently that's normal. Even when it's full you can barely see the top of the spray fluid because of the way the pipe bends.

Not sure why it would spill if they opened the cap--maybe because it let air rush in in a certain way? But clearly the reservoir is wide open if it just spills out like it does, so spilling probably happens for a number of reasons--fluid sloshing around when you drive, for example.

On a related note, I've heard the reason you're supposed to put wiper fluid in the intercooler is that it prevents fluid from freezing--which would seriously damage the intercooler. But here since there's about zero chance of that happening (unless you're driving to Tahoe I guess) I wonder if you can just use distilled water. Seems to me that distilled water would better, since wiper fluid will leave a bit of residue on the intercooler.

I suppose also that the alcohol in wiper fluid (which is what keeps it from freezing) also evaporates at a lower temperature than water, which may make for better cooling. If you're hardcore you could make your own distilled water-alcohol mix to pour in there. :)

BluEvo
01-28-2004, 05:31 PM
I got my oil changed at Capital Mitsubishi (San Jose) $52.99. They did it fairly qwik and they are open Saturdays also.

T

howiEVO8
01-28-2004, 08:15 PM
hey bluEVO...message me....