PDA

View Full Version : ~~~~~ Top 5 Coilovers!! Need your Help ~~~~~

500whp
12-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Right now we are looking into what the general Evo community have for their Coilovers, or any Set up they have done Example: John Muller RRE JIC Set up.

Please give me input on what you want for your suspension set up, how offten you go to the track, amount of knowledge you have on suspension tuning, or anything else you have to say about ur experience w/ the current setup u have w/ your suspension.

For the Poll please on your post let me know what type of coilovers u have on that brand u picked!

Thanks guys!

vtluu
12-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Can I vote if I don't have any presently but know what coilovers I want? :)

EvoVIII
12-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Can I vote if I don't have any presently but know what coilovers I want? :)
HAHA I know what u want JIC FLT A2 W/ John Muller RRE Set Up, or Tein :lol:

vtluu
12-09-2004, 12:56 PM
:lol: Have I talked about it that much? Well, in the next month or so I'm going to put my money where my mouth is... ;)

Curious that Zeals aren't mentioned as one of the survey options.

Jamie@WORKS
12-09-2004, 01:00 PM
:lol: Have I talked about it that much? Well, in the next month or so I'm going to put my money where my mouth is... ;)

Curious that Zeals aren't mentioned as one of the survey options.

Curious indeed ;)

500whp
12-09-2004, 01:01 PM
hehe Endless = Zeal so i want to compare =) Works have their top of the line already =) if you want something great just for track talk to works they will make ur nuts drop =P

yes u can vote on what u think its teh best but please explain ur self thanks

JanSolo
12-09-2004, 02:38 PM
No DMS or Buddy Club? Are Robi's efforts in vain?

Absinthe
12-09-2004, 04:04 PM
mmm DMS 40's would be nice for the Evo...

chrisw
12-09-2004, 05:06 PM
DMS 40's? bah.... gimmie the 50's :)

Absinthe
12-09-2004, 06:38 PM
DMS 40's? bah.... gimmie the 50's :)

40's are plenty good for people who actually drive there cars on a daily basis I could not imagine 26,000 on 50's. Infact if I could i would push for some custom tuned bilstien PSS-9's, but no one here is euro enough to be into those.

chrisw
12-09-2004, 06:57 PM
I drove 20k on my DMS 50's (using the old seal design) as a daily driver. The ride was often better than my DMS 40's that I had on the same car (a WRX)

If all you do is commute, then yeah, maybe the 40's will do, but if you do the occastional track day or autocross, then you really need the 50's

Absinthe
12-09-2004, 07:38 PM
I drove 20k on my DMS 50's (using the old seal design) as a daily driver. The ride was often better than my DMS 40's that I had on the same car (a WRX)

If all you do is commute, then yeah, maybe the 40's will do, but if you do the occastional track day or autocross, then you really need the 50's

I'll take that into account I have tracked the 40's at sears on a wrx and liked them, only ever riden in a car with 50's and they seemed a bit rough on the street although I suppose that was partially poor set up.

robi
12-09-2004, 09:56 PM
I can do a spring change almost as fast as I can change the tires now... (don't ask how this got started) and for the street I had som 300 front 350 rear with cussshhy ride (thats what the seperate Bump and rebound are for 500+ on for the track and "clic" up the control was FLAT and FAST at the EVOM event...
AND John is testing the RRE specific Buddy Clubs (so all my testing wont go to waste)..He likes it enough to have it on his own Evo...

500whp
12-09-2004, 11:35 PM
I can do a spring change almost as fast as I can change the tires now... (don't ask how this got started) and for the street I had som 300 front 350 rear with cussshhy ride (thats what the seperate Bump and rebound are for 500+ on for the track and "clic" up the control was FLAT and FAST at the EVOM event...
AND John is testing the RRE specific Buddy Clubs (so all my testing wont go to waste)..He likes it enough to have it on his own Evo...

John no doubt is BAD ASS! =)

RT
12-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Tell you what, we’re not getting’ any kind of a special deal on our Zeals and the final set-up will be our own.

What’s in this for us, we’re already doin’ this on our own time and own dime.

EvoVIII
12-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Tell you what, we’re not getting’ any kind of a special deal on our Zeals and the final set-up will be our own.

..... what do u mean?

500whp
12-10-2004, 04:37 PM

=) this is a pure research right now. Most people dont know how to tune suspension, and we are trying to offer better service and a well balanced suspenion for the general evo community!

I guess to your question you get better service, better product, better knowledge, and a easier starting point for you to tune by urself =)

RT
12-11-2004, 10:49 PM
I guess I misunderstood, your looking for market research not set-up information. In your original post you mentioned you were doing this in conjunction with Endless.

RT
12-12-2004, 08:27 AM
:)

wilson1
12-12-2004, 10:01 AM
As for serious racers, there is currently only one option, JM and RRE.

what is JM?

egui42
12-12-2004, 10:37 AM

what is JM?

John Mueller

RT
12-12-2004, 10:49 AM
...thats the man!

500whp
12-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Well I thought we had a set of ZEALS, but not now! What we really need are parts in stock and fair pricing for those parts. We’re trying to mount a serious racing effort and like everyone out there we need the most out of our dollars. Maybe with three vendors in the bay area selling these things the prices will come down.

contact Rishie, or Josh at Auto R&D they have some coilovers for you!

AutoRnD
12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Actually if you do help us with evaluation of existing products as well as the R&D you would get one hell of a deal on Zeal, Endless, and anything else that Auto R & D carries and distributes. We will produce the kit and then have you guys meet with us again to test it out and give us feedback. Based on the feedback we'll make more changes or begin production. Trial and Error.

We simply want to engineer a system that would appeal to both the street and track guy. I will personally head up the R&D of this product with Han Int'l.

The pricing and protection of this product will never change. It is meant to be in the hands of an exclusive dealer network.

The one thing i can really really say is that Endless/Zeal is recognized for the functionality and quality of their products.

Everyone says JIC RRE is the best setup which I understand. My question is what has this been compared to. Actual direct comparisons with identically modded evos on the same terrain, for both street and track. This is the baseline information we are looking for to determine what it is that the evo community is looking for.

Anyone know where JIC is manufactured, or can anyone indicate to me what JIC's accomplisments with regards to racing are in Japan, aside from Drifting?

Thanks, Rishie

vtluu
12-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Hmm, can I change my vote? :lol:

AutoRnD
12-15-2004, 05:35 PM
You can change your vote real simply by coming down here and picking up yourself a set of custom valved Zeals. hehe.

rishie

vtluu
12-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Changed my vote: :D

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album230/ohlins1.jpg

Now all I need are some camber plates and rear pillow ball mounts and I'll put them on the car...

EVO GRIM
12-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Nice!

RT
01-03-2005, 08:33 AM

RT
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM

AutoRnD
01-07-2005, 06:35 PM
RT I will repeat what was posted on EVO-M:

We do not stock the Function X as it is a custom made/custom fitted suspension system. This should not surprise you. I am uncertain as to where you are getting your expectations from.

We were never notified by your vendor that there was a time contingency to this product. I estimated 4-6 business weeks and we're dead on the 6th week. If there is an issue then please do not refer to it being "Endless'" error. I see this is something between your vendor and yourself.

I've gone ahead and complimented you $150.00 for air freighting these things, not to mention custom valving and spring rating them, along with producing a shock/strut dyno. I know for a fact that there is not a single Japanese manufacturer here in the US with our reputation and experience that is willing to bend over backwards for their clientele like we do.

I hope that you will soon come to see the light and not jump the gun next time. I even expedited this without receiving a single penny from your vendor, which is unheard of. You should be ecstatic that we would even go to this extent to try and please you and fulfill the timeliness set forth.

I look forward to hearing an apology as we are right on schedule. I am more than happy to help support your motorsports endeavors personally, but actions like this without first contacting either Endless USA or Auto R & D will burn some bridges. I suggest collecting all of your information before jumping the gun.

FYI, received the PO from your vendor at tail end of Nov, considering holidays and all priciniples of Endless Japan were here for JGTC, it's amazing that we're gonna deliver these within the 6 week business period. Not to mention the $150.00 savings, custom valving, and shock dynos that we are producing for you.

How many other "acclaimed" companies are willing to do this?

I know not JIC, Tein, Apex-i, or HKS. If they are they won't pay for your air freight bill.

Hope you have had time to think about your remarks and might possibly retract them.

Have a nice day.

chrisw
01-07-2005, 07:51 PM
RT I will repeat what was posted on EVO-M:

We do not stock the Function X as it is a custom made/custom fitted suspension system. This should not surprise you. I am uncertain as to where you are getting your expectations from.

We were never notified by your vendor that there was a time contingency to this product. I estimated 4-6 business weeks and we're dead on the 6th week. If there is an issue then please do not refer to it being "Endless'" error. I see this is something between your vendor and yourself.

I've gone ahead and complimented you $150.00 for air freighting these things, not to mention custom valving and spring rating them, along with producing a shock/strut dyno. I know for a fact that there is not a single Japanese manufacturer here in the US with our reputation and experience that is willing to bend over backwards for their clientele like we do.

I hope that you will soon come to see the light and not jump the gun next time. I even expedited this without receiving a single penny from your vendor, which is unheard of. You should be ecstatic that we would even go to this extent to try and please you and fulfill the timeliness set forth.

I look forward to hearing an apology as we are right on schedule. I am more than happy to help support your motorsports endeavors personally, but actions like this without first contacting either Endless USA or Auto R & D will burn some bridges. I suggest collecting all of your information before jumping the gun.

FYI, received the PO from your vendor at tail end of Nov, considering holidays and all priciniples of Endless Japan were here for JGTC, it's amazing that we're gonna deliver these within the 6 week business period. Not to mention the $150.00 savings, custom valving, and shock dynos that we are producing for you.

How many other "acclaimed" companies are willing to do this?

I know not JIC, Tein, Apex-i, or HKS. If they are they won't pay for your air freight bill.

Hope you have had time to think about your remarks and might possibly retract them.

Have a nice day.

Sorry to hear about the percieved problems....

I am not tring to add to the flames, but to answer your question about the acclaimed companies, DMS will do the same; and you only need to send the suspension to US distributer in Canada, not overseas.

RT
01-07-2005, 10:12 PM

AutoRnD
01-07-2005, 10:38 PM
RT,

This just keeps getting better. I can only state what we received as information from your vendor.

#1) We did not comp you air freight because of some "untimeliness" you feel exists. Had this been so important your vendor should have indicated such either verbally or in their purchase order. If you come by we can gladly show you the PO.

#2) We indicated to the vendor an ETA of 4-6 weeks, business weeks of course. You must also consider the time it takes for them to process the order, submit it to us, and us then forward to japan and so forth, which is only a matter of 3 days max. We expedited this very quickly without any knowledge of a dire strait "time constraint".

#3) We did not collect a deposit from your vendor. They may have from you, as they should but we did not. We went ahead and processed the order immediately knowing that they may not be able to get the deposit into our possession for a few more days.

We apologize for any lack of "explicit" communication from your vendor to us. Once again we did not provide the vendor with a guaranteed time of arrival. It was an estimated time of arrival. I am basing my dates off our sales order to the vendor when it was processed and when we received their purchase order.

I truly hope that you can see past this. We are the only Japanese manufacturer I am aware of that offers these types of services and is willing to expedite them to the best of our abilities. We have countless testimony to our timeliness and turn around for custom built coilovers.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I wanted you to be aware of our end of the situation as this is more of a reflection on us rather than where I may feel the liability should be. It was unbenounced to me that there was a mandatory delivery date. We have continued to service our clients and end users to the upmost excellence.

nebolic
01-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi guys,

I would prefer if this been taken to PM and resolved privately.

thanks,
Nebo

:D

RT
01-07-2005, 11:40 PM

nebolic
01-08-2005, 12:09 AM
I am glad that we all resolved this in a gentlemen's fashion and I would like to express my gratitude to both AutoRnD and RT for being very cordial about the situation.

Yes, we did not turn into EvoM muhaaaa :D

Thanks guys.

Big thumbs up

Nebo

wilson1
01-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah !!!!

Happy ending!!!!!

DMS_Mark
04-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Just a note guys,
SRM Tuning in San Rafael has gone through a HUGE training course to be able to take care of anything you need or break concerning DMS.

Service can be done in the US now, only an insert rebuild comes to me in CANADA, and your local dealer will take care that too.

Funny, every event since OCTOBER were a DMS car was present, DMS was on the podium if not first, first and second ... or first second third in some cases .... I think that ZEAL and DMS should be added to this poll !!!!

Mark - voting for DMS !! hehehe :)