PDA

View Full Version : track driving tips

evo_dadi
01-24-2004, 07:17 AM
since the track meet is coming up soon and this is going to be my first time driving in a track. i want to ask the guys who's been to thunderhill and how was your first impression about it. :driving: im pretty confident with my driving skills and i know my limits if i can control it or not.
and from what i read that open track does allow passing on some turns but on the straights its ok to do it.so cmon guys give out some pointers or some secrets that you have on driving the evo on the track. :skid:

DR_EVIL
01-25-2004, 06:27 PM
id love to go to thunderhill. it will be soon hopefully

JanSolo
01-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Thunderhill is an interesting track. To be successful on the track, you need to know how to drive at the limit of the car, listen to your tires and feel the car.

The biggest thing to remember is to go SLOW over the hill. I saw a few people wipe out on it or get really close to doing so.

I think passing for beginner grip is allowed only on straights and in advanced grip, you can pass on any turn you want to.

thomas
01-27-2004, 09:30 PM
yea im looking forward to going to thunderhill on 2/8. never been there, so itll be my first time at the track. i think ima gonna scope it out and sign up for some track time later in the season. i like the fact that they have instructors sit with you in your car and offer advice and tips. im still learning the limits of my car, so it wont be too hard to drop some bad habits...and pick up good ones...

finally i will see some fellow evo owners in cali. with the exclusion of nebolic and G and dr.evil.