PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter loves Turbo! (and Manual)

sprytsi
03-12-2008, 11:11 PM
16 1/2 Months! Already trying to drive stick. I'm so proud.

This is all she does whenever we have a door open, she climbs in and hops in the driver's seat. We caught her below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/roz_is_not_here/AuroraDriving2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/roz_is_not_here/AuroraDriving.jpg

Sfkn2
03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
lol.

Ben
03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
What a cutie! Poor hand positioning on the steering wheel though.

sprytsi
03-12-2008, 11:14 PM

She's cruising with her homies, what do you expect?

JDMgrafiteMR
03-12-2008, 11:14 PM
so um....whats with the heart steering wheel?
hahahah

real cute baby.... pretty soon u r gonna be knocking up fools keeping them off her leg.....they grow up real fast

mtsevovii
03-12-2008, 11:15 PM
:lol:

steevo8
03-12-2008, 11:15 PM

start her out at 5 and 7

Ben
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM

She's cruising with her homies, what do you expect?

Front seat leaned all the way into the back seat?

dabaysevo
03-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Also don't forget to teach her not to keep her hand on the shifter. Â*It wears out the synchros.

sprytsi
03-12-2008, 11:19 PM
so um....whats with the heart steering wheel?
hahahah

real cute baby.... pretty soon u r gonna be knocking up fools keeping them off her leg.....they grow up real fast

that's my wife's Talon, I rock the heart steering wheel whenever i drive it. It was on at the last meet I attended...

It's fun racing with the hearts, it's like wearing a pink shirt. Ben knows what I'm talking about.

dabaysevo
03-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Why, do you guys share that shirt?

JDMgrafiteMR
03-12-2008, 11:24 PM
lol

EV0LL
03-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Haha thats awesome!

Don't forget to teach her to heel n toe! :)

Ben
03-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Why, do you guys share that shirt?

We wear it at the same time.

dabaysevo
03-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Nice

WALKINGapple
03-13-2008, 12:11 AM
How adorable....babies are sooo cute! :)

wzcx
03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
She's tougher than D7 already, and only a year old! Wow.

sprytsi
03-13-2008, 08:07 AM

That's exactly what I thought after my wife took the pictures.

C-Bass, you gotta start stepping up,

She just got tall enough to reach the door handles on the Evo, thankfully she can't open it yet.

SavageEvo8
03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
those are some cute pics man....kids are the greatest and its so funny to see how alike they are compared to us....

we cant walk into the garage without my son having to sit in the drivers seat, play with the shifter, make blow-off sounds mixed with revving, and doing it all with the biggest smile on his face. i brought my oldest with me to last weeks wednesday meet in san jo and he spent the whole time wanting inside of all the cars, or sitting in mine just feeling like the coolest kid on the block.

lol...he has one of those "little tikes" flinstone type cars, and he will scream if i dont push him around our backyard "track", and we have to hit every turn sideways or hes not satified.....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

SubtleWordplay
03-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Haha that's awesome man. I've got 5 year old son and and 4 month old daughter. I was thinking of buying them matching Recaro's.

But yeah, kids are fun. Ever since my son was like 2 he has always been fascinated with cars. He's got a knack of remembering cars by just looking at them once. When he sees another Evo he'd be like, "Daddy that's your Evo."

...He's a video game junkie now, loves the Racing games on PS2 and has a ton of fixed up toycars.

SavageEvo8
03-13-2008, 09:24 AM
ya...my son at the meet was all...."daddas car, daddas car, daddas car..." as he walked by every parked evo.

i want those recaros so bad...but damn 250 a pop is a lot of money!!!!

SubtleWordplay
03-13-2008, 09:37 AM

Yeah I hear you. Especially when they outgrow stuff within a matter of months. Normally I would just give stuff away as hand-me-downs. But If I had these badboys I would make them sit in it until they were like 10. Haha.

SavageEvo8
03-13-2008, 09:58 AM

Yeah I hear you. Especially when they outgrow stuff within a matter of months. Normally I would just give stuff away as hand-me-downs. But If I had these badboys I would make them sit in it until they were like 10. Haha.

HAHAHAHA, "dont tell me it hurts, i KNOW you can still fit in there. now sit down and be comfortable" haha, poor kids. yah, its bad enough spending 75-150 on just a basic seat. woman, time to have more kids to get our moneys worth out of these gadgets

sprytsi
03-13-2008, 12:34 PM

HAHAHAHA, "dont tell me it hurts, i KNOW you can still fit in there. now sit down and be comfortable" haha, poor kids. yah, its bad enough spending 75-150 on just a basic seat. woman, time to have more kids to get our moneys worth out of these gadgets

I wanted the Recaro baby seat as well. The one we ended up with looked similar to it and was just as safe with twice the weight range.

We are planning to get another car seat though... The recaro is on my list.

SavageEvo8
03-13-2008, 12:47 PM
yah, with my second almost at the 20lb mark, its about time to get him out of the baby seat and into an upright. so ill need a second as well....i dont think we will be able to do family rides in my car again until hes forward facing like the oldest, in about 5 or 6 months

DirectorSe7en
03-13-2008, 01:00 PM

Manual = Tough? Please, do explain.

That's exactly what I thought after my wife took the pictures.

C-Bass, you gotta start stepping up,

Yep.

Ben
03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Why no pictures in the Evo?

sprytsi
03-13-2008, 01:56 PM

I don't like her climbing around on the leather much :)

Probably soon, since she loves to do it.

SavageEvo8
03-13-2008, 02:01 PM

ive TRIED getting my son to play in my wifes 4runner, but he wants nothing to do with it...daddas car only. what makes him laugh/giggle with excitement the most is boosting up. he absolutely LOVES being pulled back in his seat. im going to miss this stage, so innocent!!!

sprytsi
03-13-2008, 02:38 PM

ive TRIED getting my son to play in my wifes 4runner, but he wants nothing to do with it...daddas car only. what makes him laugh/giggle with excitement the most is boosting up. he absolutely LOVES being pulled back in his seat. im going to miss this stage, so innocent!!!

Get your wife a turbo car, problem solved.

4runners are nice though, I'd go off-roading too much in one though.

SavageEvo8
03-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Get your wife a turbo car, problem solved.

4runners are nice though, I'd go off-roading too much in one though.

well, the wife needed something with 3 rows of seating and rear seat entertainment, so my options were narrowed down...father in law owns the dealership down here, so its was easy to get into that one as well

EuGeNiLe
03-14-2008, 10:06 AM
What mods on the dsm?

DirectorSe7en
03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Let's see;
Neons
Floormat
Seat Covers
Aftermarket radio
8 15" subs
and and an intake!

8)

SavageEvo8
03-14-2008, 11:05 AM
dont forget the SWEET steering wheel wrap...in pink!!!!! lol, j/p

sprytsi
03-14-2008, 12:54 PM
talon has an open air filter and is lowered.

My wife would like a 16G and supporting mods for it though.

SavageEvo8
03-14-2008, 12:57 PM
sounds like a cool wife...a keeper

sprytsi
03-14-2008, 01:43 PM
yea, I spoiled her with turbo.

Every now and then she stoplight races someone and then tells me she wants to go faster.

She previously drove a 99 cavalier z28 auto, then she married me :)

DirectorSe7en
03-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow, you sir are very lucky.

Ben
03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
yea, I spoiled her with turbo.

Every now and then she stoplight races someone and then tells me she wants to go faster.

She previously drove a 99 cavalier z28 auto, then she married me :)

Oh no a marriage of gear heads = money money money on mods!