PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Springs for Evo X

DirectorSe7en
03-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Our infamous Eibach Springs Pro-Kit was release a few weeks back, and will be ready for purchase on or before May 1st, 2008.

Front springs are progressive,
lowering = 35mm ( 1.4")

Rear springs are progressive,
lowering = 25mm ( 1.0")

Increased rates 30% front and rear.

Huge improvement on the turn in response. The car is much more predictable during cornering. As always, the car delivers the infamous Superior Eibach Ride quality.

cezber23
03-18-2008, 08:43 PM
i don't like eibachs its too soft.

DoggDicker
03-18-2008, 08:52 PM
It does look better when lowered...

DD

DirectorSe7en
03-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Sure does, if I can get some coilovers for cheap, I'd rather go that way.

overdrive
03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
The EVO X doesn't look good in pictures...

It REALLY looks good if you see the actual car at the dealer.

Take note: The ones in the dealers are not even lowered!

ZK
03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Eh... i try to stay away from springs only. need matching shocks to go with them - coilovers come matched plus ease of installation.

Compressing and uncompressing springs is a PITA and can be dangerous doing it yourself.

DirectorSe7en
03-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Compressing and uncompressing springs is a PITA and can be dangerous doing it yourself.

:shock: Exactly why I would never try it myself...

06IXMR
03-19-2008, 02:19 PM

I did it, shoot the spring at a trashcan and you'll be ok.

SavageEvo8
03-19-2008, 02:44 PM

it is actually very easy and with a little common sense there should be no "rocketing" of coils. even the good ole at home bolt type clamps work just fine if properly placed and evenly compressed.

ZK
03-19-2008, 02:58 PM

it is actually very easy and with a little common sense there should be no "rocketing" of coils. even the good ole at home bolt type clamps work just fine if properly placed and evenly compressed.

I've done it many times before using rental tools from kragen... coilovers are just easier.

Boostd4
04-07-2008, 10:09 AM

I've done it many times before using rental tools from kragen... coilovers are just easier.

I've done about 30 or so cars with the good ol Kragen tools. Definitely makes the job a lot easier. But I'm with you man...I'm thinking coilovers for the ease of install and the fact that it's a "system" instead of a piecemeal spring/shock.

steevo8
04-07-2008, 10:59 AM
The EVO X doesn't look good in pictures...

I was thinking just the opposite. I love it in pics, but then up close it was a major let down. Paticularly the interior.

gOt BoOsT
05-24-2008, 04:20 PM
just installled the spring yesterday...looks s!ck for $238 shipped

fiaevo.com
06-02-2008, 03:26 PM
you have any pics of the installed springs?