PDA

View Full Version : OEM Carbon Fiber hood

crapsstickman
12-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Looking for an OEM CF Hood. I know sometimes the fittment is not so great on some products. So I want to ask, if anyone has had good experiences with a certain brand of CF hood for our Evo's. Also looking at a good deal. So if you know of any good prices out there, send it my way. I have looked and seen a few, but am reluctant to buy due to the lack of knowledge about the reputation of the company.

vtluu
12-14-2004, 12:41 PM
I take it you mean an OEM-style hood? Or was there an option on the brochure that I missed? ;)

crapsstickman
12-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Yeah you got it. The OEM style hood...

nebolic
12-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Check out Evotistics Carbon Fiber hood, personally i think it looks perfect and fittign was excellent. I'm not sure if he still has it, but I know he traded his Evo for a MR (white) so maybe he Panda'ed his MR out.

In retrospect, I would've loved a white MR and put a carbon fiber hood and trunk on it. sickness.

Nebo

kimmievo
12-15-2004, 09:35 AM
I asked Brandon (evotistic) at the last meet what brand his CF hood is....he said it is a VIS. I heard some of the VIS hoods have fitment issues, but he did not have a problem with his.

Evo8andahalf
12-15-2004, 12:16 PM
theres vis, seibon, varis that ive seen with oem style, sometimes vis has problems with their cf trunk fitment as well, go for a monster sport hood those are hot

evotistic
12-20-2004, 08:20 PM
I had the cf hood on my black evo, and it looked fresh and the fitment was perfect. It uses all stock mounting points and doesn't require hood pins(although they are always recommended). I put it on the MR this weekend and it looks dope. Fitment is still so fresh and so clean. And Kimmi was right it's VIS.

gofaster87
12-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Carbontrix has an oem cf hood that is probably one of the better quality ones Ive seeen out there and its actually lighter than stock unlike the Seibon and VIS. Its a little pricier but the quality is much better. Fitment is perfect as well.

thomas
02-14-2005, 01:00 AM
Carbontrix has an oem cf hood that is probably one of the better quality ones Ive seeen out there and its actually lighter than stock unlike the Seibon and VIS. Its a little pricier but the quality is much better. Fitment is perfect as well.

OT: yo mang, your ride looks freaking awesome. big ups :thumbsup: