PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Slush Series is done!

vtluu
12-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Last Sunday's event at Candlestick was the last of the SCCA "Slush" auto-x series. With the final results and standings in, I'd like to extend congratulations to the following Evo drivers:

- Adrian (Kakimoto_Evo) for a 1st place trophy in Street Modified class :bow:
- Chris (chrisw) and co-driver Mark Watson for 2nd and 3rd place trophies in E Street Prepared :worthy:
- Joe Masters for a 3rd place trophy in Street Tire :thumbsup:

and of course, congratulations to all other Evo drivers who showed up!

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2004/index.html

chrisw
12-14-2004, 01:58 PM
My second place is kind of bittersweet.

I was aparently supposed to go out to hayward to pick up my co-driver (santa cruz -> hayward -> SF, and back again). It was a mis-communication on my part I guess, but also about 100 miles out of my way (round trip)

With mark not showing, I was easily able to take 2nd place.
I kind of feel bad about it, because Mark paid for the tires I used through the slush series.

I have not talked with mark yet, so I don't know what's happening for next season. But I expect I will be buying another set of kumos soon.

Bullet
12-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Congrats to all the trophy winners!!! :peace: This slush season was my first time autocrossing and I had a blast out there even though I placed 23rd overall in Street Tire class. :? Next season I'll try my chances in A-Stock class with some "R" compound tires.
Hey Tam, what did you do to your car to be in ESP class?

vtluu
12-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey Tam, what did you do to your car to be in ESP class?
At first, practically nothing. However, notice ESP has a more favourable PAX index than AS--so even if your Evo is bone-stock (like Joe Masters'), you should be running in ESP--especially for Street Tire category. Your times will get multiplied by 0.824 (ESP) rather than 0.828 (AS). :D (In race tire classes it's up to you if you want to run against C4 'Vettes and S2000s (AS) or Mustangs and Camaros (ESP); even then I'd still pick ESP--the Evo is too much of an underdog for AS.)

Now, my SS clutch and brake lines, clutch, rear swaybar, shifter bushings, and brake air guides would each disqualitfy me for Stock class. Though my car is very much underprepared for SP (something I'll mostly remedy with coilovers).

chrisw
12-14-2004, 10:19 PM
(something I'll mostly remedy with coilovers).

just remember what I said about coilovers!!!

trust me, you won't regret it. What ever system you choose, I would also recommend talking to Brett at forcedfed about camber plates. He's got the schiett we both need.

See you next year in ESP!!

vtluu
12-14-2004, 11:57 PM
(something I'll mostly remedy with coilovers).
just remember what I said about coilovers!!!
After thinking about it some more, I decided to go with the recommendation you (and Joe H., and just about everybody else I asked) gave me. :D