PDA

View Full Version : Why so many OT in non-OT threads?

awdaddict
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
it has been harder to search for infos lately...

I think ppl need to refrain from posting useless comments in the non-Off Topic thread.
If you are bored, go read ONLY, or get off the forum for a bit. (exercise or something)

bdking57
03-21-2008, 03:13 PM
I feel like a cheese burger right about now

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Have you seen the malls recently? Packed city...

sprytsi
03-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Can we have some examples?

Maybe I'm missing something...

bdking57
03-21-2008, 03:26 PM
That WTFasaurus is making me laugh.

awdaddict
03-21-2008, 03:27 PM
thanks guys, I just died a lil bit more inside ...

Ben
03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
I'd have to say I contribute to it a lot of the time but at the same time I try to either add to the discussion or answer the question. I can name a few people you are talking about other than myself but we don't need to go into names. Can someone make me mod so I can do some banz0ring? I'm here all the time anyways.

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM

To be serious and answer the question. There are no Mods. The only Mod I see is Missred and he isn't very active, as he seems to have a job/life (lucky bastard). :lol:

If there were more mods, they could immediately delete, (not lock) a thread and it would clean up alot of the clutter. Noobs without 20 posts who sale something should have their thread immediately deleted, and so forth.

awdaddict
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM

To be serious and answer the question. There are no Mods. The only Mod I see is Missred and he isn't very active, as he seems to have a job/life (lucky bastard). :lol:

If there were more mods, they could immediately delete, (not lock) a thread and it would clean up alot of the clutter. Noobs without 20 posts who sale something should have their thread immediately deleted, and so forth.

You be quiet!
We haven't had an active mod so what?
We aren't lil kids that needs to be watch 24/7 :P

Plus we don't really have crazy drama threads or name calling threads lately. (only 1)

He belongs to the Other Car's thread :P (pushrod) oo.. and watches

Have you seen the malls recently? Packed city...

I suggested that you do your work, but you said you finish em in no time. Time for a 2nd job for the car + mods?

Can we have some examples?

Maybe I'm missing something...

No, stay in the bubble and be clueless, it's a bless

sprytsi
03-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Stay on topic!

I'd have to say I contribute to it a lot of the time but at the same time I try to either add to the discussion or answer the question. I can name a few people you are talking about other than myself but we don't need to go into names. Can someone make me mod so I can do some banz0ring? I'm here all the time anyways.

How do we vote for Ben to be a Mod? Should I make a banner?

Start a topic about the changes, improvements, and what you hope to bring to NCE as a new Moderator. Try to leave the gayness out of it though.

*back on topic*

Yes, lots of chatter lately. People are just enthusiastic about their NCE group that they post gay jokes in everything.

Just make an example of that C-Bass guy, I hear he doesn't even have an Evo :shock:

bdking57
03-21-2008, 03:40 PM
here ya go

I wish they would add a button to warn people... warn them and if they get X warnings for pissing people off in a day they get a 24 hour ban, then we would be a self policing society :x.. Id get banned every other day :lol:

sprytsi
03-21-2008, 03:43 PM
^ How'd you get a picture of Ben in his natural habitat like that?

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 03:44 PM
You be quiet!
We aren't lil kids that needs to be watch 24/7

Plus we don't really have crazy drama threads or name calling threads lately.

I hope your not serious. Your missing the point and seriously contradicting yourself.

You started a thread asking why everything goes off topic, then say we aren't little kids that need to be watched. Uhhh, apparently we do because when were not, shit goes off topic.

And the point of Mods are to moderated and make sure topics stay on topic, and that people don't break rules or spam.

Ben
03-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Missred moderates. Trinydex doesn't post anymore though. I guess this forum gets him too emotional. He seems to only come on if one of his buttbuddies calls him up about a philosophical post so that he can argue with me or whoever. Maybe even try to edit my posts lolz.

Ben
03-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Honestly though maybe some of you post whores can try to be relevant half the time?

awdaddict
03-21-2008, 03:47 PM

Stay on topic!

How do we vote for Ben to be a Mod? Should I make a banner?

Start a topic about the changes, improvements, and what you hope to bring to NCE as a new Moderator. Try to leave the gayness out of it though.

*back on topic*

Yes, lots of chatter lately. People are just enthusiastic about their NCE group that they post gay jokes in everything.

Just make an example of that C-Bass guy, I hear he doesn't even have an Evo :shock:

here ya go

I wish they would add a button to warn people... warn them and if they get X warnings for pissing people off in a day they get a 24 hour ban, then we would be a self policing society :x.. Id get banned every other day :lol:

You be quiet!
We aren't lil kids that needs to be watch 24/7

Plus we don't really have crazy drama threads or name calling threads lately.

I hope your not serious. Your missing the point and seriously contradicting yourself.

You started a thread asking why everything goes off topic, then say we aren't little kids that need to be watched. Uhhh, apparently we do because when were not, shit goes off topic.

And the point of Mods are to moderated and make sure topics stay on topic, and that people don't break rules or spam.

At least 2 out of the 3 made sense :P Take your picks.

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 03:49 PM
That's a pretty easy way out of your contradiction. How's about I get a real response? Rather then hoping a "smart" remark will bail you out of your contradiction.

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 03:56 PM
.....I thought so...

awdaddict
03-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Okay then, if you want to be serious.
I don't think any mod (basically volunteering) would enjoy cleaning shit up after PWs everyday.
Think of it literally, cleaning shit up for the same ppl everyday (unless you are a nurse :lol:)

By the way, being a mod on the forum has more responsibilities than just cleaning up the forum, warning off noobs, banning ppl.
You have to work with the admins to set up events and stuff.
Plus being a mod, you ought to be someone that has nothing but positive feedbacks from the fellow NCE'ers.
Otherwise, you gotta get call out as so and so's fanboi/buttbuddies/(whatever otherwords u wanna use)

Like I said, you complaint about not having a mod, do you feel that you've been here long enough to able to pick out a few candidates that fits the criteria and is willing to carry the responsibilities as a mod?

bdking57
03-21-2008, 04:00 PM
mods get paid with respeckt and nut swinging minions.. I used to mod other forums. Isnt that enough?

sprytsi
03-21-2008, 04:02 PM
At least 2 out of the 3 made sense :P Take your picks.

OOoo, I hope I'm one of the 2 and not the 3rd :(

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think any mod (basically volunteering) would enjoy cleaning shit up after PWs everyday.
Think of it literally, cleaning shit up for the same ppl everyday (unless you are a nurse)
Your right, I don't think they enjoy it. But if you sign up or put yourself out there, then you know full well what you (the mod) has to do before hand and shouldn't whine about the responsibilities.

Like I said, you complaint about not having a mod, do you feel that you've been here long enough to able to pick out a few candidates that fits the criteria and is willing to carry the responsibilities as a mod?

Well, I'd like to put my name out there. Yes, seriously. I feel like I'm here enough as it is, I know the rules, and am willing to, as you put it, babysit & deal with the people, help out with events, etc...

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I don't really know any other people who would be down for the job.

awdaddict
03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
mods get paid with respeckt and nut swinging minions.. I used to mod other forums. Isnt that enough?

o, remember when AIM used to have warning?
Bad friends just gonna get you warn up to 100% and you won't able to AIM for 5mins?
Ppl might have warn wars on the forum (even worse) but having both of those punks get timed out for 5mins might be worth it? :lol:

Think of it literally, cleaning shit up for the same ppl everyday (unless you are a nurse)
Your right, I don't think they enjoy it. But if you sign up or put yourself out there, then you know full well what you (the mod) has to do before hand and shouldn't whine about the responsibilities.

Well, I'd like to put my name out there. Yes, seriously. I feel like I'm here enough as it is, I know the rules, and am willing to, as you put it, babysit & deal with the people, help out with events, etc...

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I don't really know any other people who would be down for the job.

well good for you for having that mentality.
Here, why don't you PM the admins and give them that suggestion, and post a thread here to see who supports you.
*shrugs* just a suggestion

Ben
03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Well aside from joking in threads maybe when people have a question for another member why not pm the member rather than post?

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 04:13 PM
^Agreed.

well good for you for having that mentality.
Here, why don't you PM the admins and give them that suggestion, and post a thread here to see who supports you.
*shrugs* just a suggestion

I let nebo know back in December. I guess in time....

trinydex
03-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Missred moderates. Trinydex doesn't post anymore though. I guess this forum gets him too emotional. He seems to only come on if one of his buttbuddies calls him up about a philosophical post so that he can argue with me or whoever. Maybe even try to edit my posts lolz.

i don't think you can blame me...

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
^Damn! Super stealth.

.....I enjoy philosophical threads. Not enough IMO.

Ben
03-21-2008, 04:21 PM

i don't think you can blame me...

I guess. It's just the internet. No one on here can make me emotional. Well people here are funny and they make me laugh so that would be the only kind of emotion I get. Well okay I lied I've had so many people here get me out of some tough situations and that made me happy and thankful and shit.

Ben
03-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Anyways. Who's the mod that's gonna clean this place up? All of us postwhores should make a pact that for every irrelevant post we make that we make a relevant one.

EDIT: For every irrelevant one we make three relevant threads.

EDIT AGAIN: I meant post not threads.

Sfkn2
03-21-2008, 04:22 PM
I made a thread like this before...

We know that this thread is going to get wh0red. :)

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I think the bigger question is how did Triny know to pop by? Was he always here? Or was it coincidence?

:shock:

trinydex
03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I guess. It's just the internet. No one on here can make me emotional. Well people here are funny and they make me laugh so that would be the only kind of emotion I get. Well okay I lied I've had so many people here get me out of some tough situations and that made me happy and thankful and shit.

good for you? more irrelevant drivel.

i'm not on here because i no longer want to suffer the thankless work of wading through the cesspool of that has been created.

that and i find you to be a deplorable human being and every time you open up your keyboard to the internet's ceaseless wonders (bad ones) i myself wonder at humanity's ability and worthiness of survival.

this waste of time was linked to me by wilson.

Ben
03-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I noticed there seems to be less posting on the forums too. Maybe we can keep the postwhoring to either the meets threads or the MizEvo threads? People might not want to post here anymore 'cause it's starting to get wack.

I found myself in another thread sort of answering someones question but then realized it didn't help much lol. Went back and posted again with a thread I made previously citing what I was trying to explain halfassedly.

So like maybe when we reply in a technical thread just don't post if you can't say anything that answers the OP's question?

Don't post anything to another persons reply in the thread just PM them and ask what you wanted to?

If you don't really know the answer to what someone is asking then just don't say anything?

All in all I'm just saying the same thing over again, if you have nothing to contribute to the thread then don't post?

Aside from meets threads, OT threads, and N00bZ threads I promise not to anymore. How about the other postwhores? I kinda feel that we are making NCE shitty. I find myself searching for info on SCE or just PMing people straight up for info.

Ben
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM

good for you? more irrelevant drivel.

i'm not on here because i no longer want to suffer the thankless work of wading through the cesspool of that has been created.

that and i find you to be a deplorable human being and every time you open up your keyboard to the internet's ceaseless wonders (bad ones) i myself wonder at humanity's ability and worthiness of survival.

this waste of time was linked to me by wilson.

Boo hoo.

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 04:49 PM
The only thing I find myself not enjoying about NCE is the lack of major vendors actively informing this community.

I constantly refer to EvoM for my info. If I were an Admin/Webmaster for NCE/SCE.net domain, I'd constantly be recruiting Vendors of all trades. Maybe consider advertising.

But the forces here at work are the dinosaurs of this forum who don't want a large community as if this is some treehouse club. This site should be in for a profit, information, and a cool place to kick it.

Yes more noobs can mean more problems with dumb questions, but with more Moderators that shouldn't be a major issue.

Ben
03-21-2008, 04:52 PM
It would also help if some mods wouldn't get so butthurt over shit. Don't worry the rest of you mods I am just referring to Trinydex. Everything here makes me laugh but Triny just seems to take things too seriously :(

EDIT: Sorry that's kind of a personal attack. Damn I'm just kinda grumpy here at work. Really slow day.

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
It would also help if some mods wouldn't get so butthurt over shit. Don't worry the rest of you mods I am just referring to Trinydex. Everything here makes me laugh but Triny just seems to take things too seriously :(

I have that same problem to an extent.

I think a philosophical mindset can backfire sometimes because when you analyze people and the way things are, one can grow spiteful of how things are, compared to ones vision of how things should be.

I think in your case, you misinterpreted Triny as "too emotional" and said he "argues", when he's just passionate about a good debate. Those philosophy threads he likes to "argue" in are nothing more then a back and forth of ideas, theories and other various inputs.

I made a thread a while back on life in general and he came and we went back and forth, it wasn't arguing, just a merger of thoughts. If humans didn't communicate like this then we would never have alot of what we have IMO.

Ben
03-21-2008, 05:12 PM

I have that same problem to an extent.

I think a philosophical mindset can backfire sometimes because when you analyze people and the way things are, one can grow spiteful of how things are, compared to ones vision of how things should be.

I think in your case, you misinterpreted Triny as "too emotional" and said he "argues", when he's just passionate about a good debate. Those philosophy threads he likes to "argue" in are nothing more then a back and forth of ideas, theories and other various inputs.

I made a thread a while back on life in general and he came and we went back and forth, it wasn't arguing, just a merger of thoughts. If humans didn't communicate like this then we would never have alot of what we have IMO.

Well I don't want to talk shit so I won't. I'm not the one who has a prob with him. I just noticed he likes to argue with me on here, edit my posts, and possibly may have blocked me on AIM. Well the best thing to do if you disagree with someone...call them deplorable! Anyways it looks like none of us will stop whoring. So let's talk later when I get home from work, biatches.

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Anyways it looks like none of us will stop whoring. So let's talk later when I get home from work, biatches.

Haha, no matter how the thread starts it always ends up with us at the end of it talking about something waaaay different.

;)

Ben is a cool guy. Triny is a cool guy. I have my moments. So let's all just get along.

Ben
03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Anyways it looks like none of us will stop whoring. So let's talk later when I get home from work, biatches.

Haha, no matter how the thread starts it always ends up with us at the end of it talking about something waaaay different.

;)

Ben is a cute guy. Triny is a cute guy. I have my moments. So let's all just get along.

What?

DirectorSe7en
03-21-2008, 08:45 PM
LMAO! You just couldn't resist..... :lol:

It's in your blood Ben, accept it!

Ben
03-22-2008, 06:07 AM
LMAO! You just couldn't resist..... :lol:

It's in your blood Ben, accept it!

I've accepted it. Have you? Mo homo.

DirectorSe7en
03-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Yes sir..... :( I have.

SavageEvo8
03-22-2008, 11:30 AM
what i dont understand is if this is such an informational forum, and if everything is serious and no jokes or emotions, then why the hell is our home page a god damn watch talking about how this is a watch site and no more cars....thats pretty off topic from the entire site itself dont you think. i think the off topic discussions are encouraged by our moderators based on that. people are not robots, we will go off topic that what we do, and were supposed to be a "tight community" or "friends" no? dont friends talk about lots of things, not JUST cars? take a bong hit, pop a vicotin, throw back a brew, and relax

DirectorSe7en
03-22-2008, 11:43 AM
^Amen to the fucking maximus.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/5-1.jpg

SavageEvo8
03-22-2008, 11:45 AM
bwahahahahahahah....its just my .02 on it

DirectorSe7en
03-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, you point out a good contradiciton.

How can we model ourselves to be good little forum go-ers if the site Admin are all for joking around as well.

....I think "certain members" just take things a little to seriously......I think they're the ones who need to get lives.

Ben
03-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't even care anymore. I'm a deplorable human lolz.

player67
03-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I love everyone on this forum (hehe not really you know who the fuck you are :D ) and I just think some people need to pull that gigantic stick right out of their ass. Calm the fuck down.

Now to address the OP. I respect this thread and it's purpose. I'm not going to lie I PW sometimes but there are many people that go waaaaaaaaaay more off topic than me, and continue to do it just about every hour of the day they don't sleep. Many of you know I've contributed to this forum with my advice, knowledge, how to's etc so I'm not some Joe that comes on here and adds to the huge pile of worthless crap we have on here. I enjoy reading that huge pile of crap because like Ghandi, I mean savage said, we're not robots. I like many other things besides cars...Personally, I just think some of us should lighten up. I'm not saying I'm perfect I get pissed at random people here and there on the forum but who doesn't. Don't lie. Don't say you're perfect. You're not. :lol:

SavageEvo8
03-22-2008, 03:42 PM
skeet skeet, cant we all just get along :lol:

SavageEvo8
03-22-2008, 03:44 PM
lol, thats like the 4th time ive been refered to as ghandi in this forum....i should just shut up,Â* lol

Ben
03-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I love everyone on this forum (hehe not really you know who the fuck you are :D ) and I just think some people need to pull that gigantic stick right out of their ass. Calm the fuck down.

Now to address the OP. I respect this thread and it's purpose. I'm not going to lie I PW sometimes but there are many people that go waaaaaaaaaay more off topic than me, and continue to do it just about every hour of the day they don't sleep. Many of you know I've contributed to this forum with my advice, knowledge, how to's etc so I'm not some Joe that comes on here and adds to the huge pile of worthless crap we have on here. I enjoy reading that huge pile of crap because like Ghandi, I mean savage said, we're not robots. I like many other things besides cars...Personally, I just think some of us should lighten up. I'm not saying I'm perfect I get pissed at random people here and there on the forum but who doesn't. Don't lie. Don't say you're perfect. You're not. :lol:

Dara why don't you come say that to my face in person with fists?

player67
03-22-2008, 04:01 PM

I wasnt referring to you actually

Ben
03-22-2008, 04:04 PM

I wasnt referring to you actually

Dara you are deplorable. Lay off before I have other people handle you for me.

DirectorSe7en
03-22-2008, 04:27 PM
[cracks knuckles]

Ben
03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
[cracks knuckles]

Word.

missred
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Or hidden as always and does ninja edits. As far as job and life you're right between, kids soccer practice, running a business, traveling to different places to help organize large scale car events judging included, networking with car related part manufacturers, enjoying my love missred, and to assist moderate NCE..... life is kosher!!! :grin:

Ben
03-24-2008, 01:25 AM
I think what missred is trying to say is that he is gonna start handing out some bannings.

DirectorSe7en
03-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I think what missred is trying to say is that he is gonna start handing out some bannings.

If he bans for being Homo, your going first.

You will be missed.

awdaddict
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Yea, great contributions to this thread guys. Just great.
I don't like the whole banning game, it's not fun.
Having a mod watching your thread 24/7 isn't fun either.
Just think about the NCE members who have Reading Comprehension Problems! (they go instantly OT) :lol:
Those poor souls will get ban/moderated left and right.

*sigh* sad day :P

I don't care if you go crazy in OT threads, but don't come into this thread or other threads and crap on em.

You will be missed.

Wrong, Brice would be first.
Since Brice claims the king, at most Ben could do is being the queen :lol:

*dies a lil more inside*

Ben
03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Yea, great contributions to this thread guys. Just great.
I don't like the whole banning game, it's not fun.
Having a mod watching your thread 24/7 isn't fun either.
Just think about the NCE members who have Reading Comprehension Problems! (they go instantly OT) :lol:
Those poor souls will get ban/moderated left and right.

*sigh* sad day :P

I don't care if you go crazy in OT threads, but don't come into this thread or other threads and crap on em.

You will be missed.

Wrong, Brice would be first.
Since Brice claims the king, at most Ben could do is being the queen :lol:

*dies a lil more inside*

So how's your day going?