PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a February track day at Thunderhill??

Pages : [1] 2

garrick70
12-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey guys,

I know that Hagakure plans on going to the NCRC's Thunderhill track days on Feb. 26th and 27th. I would love to see a good sized group of guys going from NorCalEvo. I am planning on attending one of these days and was wondering who else would be interested. I can make it to either day, so maybe we could get a list of people interested. Also include which day you would like to attend, or if you would want to attend both days. We cannot allow the SoCal guys to be the only "true" Evo drivers in Cali!! :wink: Except for vtluu and RT of course!! :lol: Perhaps if we were to get a consistant group of people interested we could have some NOR CAL EOC events!! Here is a link to the NCRC event calender (scroll to the bottom for the 2005 event schedule): http://www.ncracing.org/events.html

1.garrick70 (Saturday for sure, Sunday if funds allow)
2.evodadi (maybe :wink: )

vtluu
12-15-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm going with NCRC to Laguna Seca on 1/31, and I might do 2/26 or 2/27 as well...

I'd like to do about 8-10 track events next year, depending on what my budget and other motorsports ambitions (i.e. rally) allow. Definitely will prioritize track over auto-x though... :)

garrick70
12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
I'd like to do about 8-10 track events next year

Me too!!

So does this mean your in??

evo_dadi
12-15-2004, 08:28 PM
hey garrick list me in as maybe for now but if i do go ill be doing both days :)

garrick70
12-15-2004, 08:45 PM
hey garrick list me in as maybe for now but if i do go ill be doing both days :)

If you can't make both days, at least try for one!! I will be there Saturday. :D

evo_dadi
12-15-2004, 08:59 PM
hmm saturday track day then sunday bbq :) hell might as well do a mini meet after it ;) party at garrick's house :)

garrick70
12-15-2004, 09:10 PM
hmm saturday track day then sunday bbq :) hell might as well do a mini meet after it ;) party at garrick's house :)

Sounds good to me. Can you tell my wife........ :shock:

evo_dadi
12-15-2004, 09:12 PM
lol well my wife would be going also so we gotta get something to keep them busy ;)

hagakure
12-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Count me in for both days guys.
Hope we can get a great turn out. I'm planning on 12 track days this year, from feb-december. It would be cool to have group of folks that are planning to track regularly in norcal.

Percy

garrick70
12-15-2004, 10:10 PM
I new you would be there!! Thats 3!!

3.hagakure (both days)

vtluu
12-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Put me down as "maybe". Depends if the car decides to cause another "cash emergency" (like the new clutch was). I'm hoping nothing else will break for a while. :)

garrick70
12-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Put me down as "maybe". Depends if the car decides to cause another "cash emergency" (like the new clutch was). I'm hoping nothing else will break for a while. :)

Done! Which day Tam?

3.hagakure (both days)
4.vtluu (as long as nothing breaks :shock: )

vtluu
12-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Either Saturday or Sunday works for me; I'm kinda hoping to bring "somebody" along so it would depend on her schedule. Anyway this is like 2 months out so it's all terribly speculative at this point, but hey I can dream can't I? ;)

wilson1
12-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks Garrick!

garrick70
12-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks Garrick!

Are you in Wilson??

DB8GSR
12-16-2004, 07:38 AM
put me in as a "maybe"! :D

garrick70
12-16-2004, 08:36 AM
put me in as a "maybe"! :D

Another "maybe". :? Your in Ray! :D Which day do you hope to attend??

3.hagakure (both days)
5. DB8GSR (Saturday/maybe)

DB8GSR
12-16-2004, 08:43 AM
let's see.. hmm. Saturday? :P

Absinthe
12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
what is the cost on this one?

vtluu
12-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Last event at THill was $300 for non-members (which includes the $40 lifetime membership), $260 for members, with an additional $35 early-bird discount if you register early (usually about 2 weeks before or earlier).

I'm also considering doing the Touring Car Racing Association (http://www.touringcarclub.com/index.html) (TCRA) 2-day school at Buttonwillow, which is the same weekend.

garrick70
12-16-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm also considering doing the Touring Car Racing Association (http://www.touringcarclub.com/index.html) (TCRA) 2-day school at Buttonwillow, which is the same weekend.

NO!! You may only go to Thunderhill that weekend. :birdie: :D

garrick70
12-16-2004, 11:20 AM

I will contact the NCRC to find out what the exact costs of this event will be, and let you know as soon as I hear from them.

:D Garrick

hagakure
12-16-2004, 11:38 AM
I'd strongly encourage trying to do both days if at all possible. You will be amazed how much faster you can go when you pack all that learning into a weekend. Peace guys.

Percy

smack
12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
i think i'm in for both days. we'll see if these ohlin's and 275/35/18 ra-1's
do me any good compared to the cusco's and 235's :)

smack
12-16-2004, 12:15 PM
oh, by the way. there's an audi club weekend coming up as well at t-hill.
you can look it up on the audi club website under golden gate chapter.
they don't care if you have an audi or not. it a well run event with a dinner
included on saturday night. i think it's about $400 for the whole weekend.

garrick70
12-16-2004, 12:46 PM
i think i'm in for both days. we'll see if these ohlin's and 275/35/18 ra-1's
do me any good compared to the cusco's and 235's :)

Awsome!!

2.evodadi (maybe )
3.hagakure (both days)
4.vtluu (as long as nothing breaks )
6.smack (both days)

garrick70
12-19-2004, 11:02 AM

O.K., I just got word from Dave at NCRC. The February Track day pricing has not been set, but he estimates that both days will cost $450.00. However, if you are a new member of the NCRC you will get a 33% discount on the event. So basically $150.00 off. Also, you are eligable to only go for one day.

Garrick

vtluu
12-19-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm now signed up for Laguna Seca 1/31; I'll decide what I want to do next after that event (depending what shape the car/tires/brakes are in).

Time to break out GT3 and start practicing... ;)

garrick70
12-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Time to break out GT3 and start practicing... ;)

LOL! :lol:

hagakure
12-19-2004, 01:23 PM
In all seriousness, one of the best thing you can do if you have never been to a certain track is to watch video of a competent driver on the course. In-car vids are best. Some excellent vids at gofastpilots.com

Driver is excellent, drives a very well prepared STI. Useful. Also, turn by turn illustrated guides to tracks are helpful. Excellent one for thunderhill at
http://www.pca-ggr.org/pdf/th-counterclockwise.pdf

Peace

Percy

garrick70
12-19-2004, 03:03 PM
In all seriousness, one of the best thing you can do if you have never been to a certain track is to watch video of a competent driver on the course. In-car vids are best. Some excellent vids at gofastpilots.com

Driver is excellent, drives a very well prepared STI. Useful. Also, turn by turn illustrated guides to tracks are helpful. Excellent one for thunderhill at

Peace

Percy

Wow!! I just spent over a half hour watching the videos of the STI. It was great watching him pass porches, M3s, a Z06....... However, he seemed to have trouble with one car out there. I could not make out what it was. It looked like a grey 69 camaro with a HUGE wing on the back. The car was a beast in the straights!!

Garrick

wilson1
12-19-2004, 04:18 PM
garrick,

where's the video at?

garrick70
12-19-2004, 04:42 PM
garrick,

where's the video at?

Hey Wilson,

Go to www.gofastpilots.com, click on Thunderhill link on left had side of page, click on NASA HPDE time trials, scroll down, and lick on the pictures to watch the vids. :D

Airgiod
12-20-2004, 01:07 AM

O.K., I just got word from Dave at NCRC. The February Track day pricing has not been set, but he estimates that both days will cost $450.00. However, if you are a new member of the NCRC you will get a 33% discount on the event. So basically $150.00 off. Also, you are eligable to only go for one day.

Garrick
wait, let me make sure i'm reading this right...if we're not a member already we can only go to one of the days?

geminix3
12-20-2004, 02:18 AM
hey, i just saw this- count me in, will probably be up on sat only.

ncrc's a great group to run with, i joined last fall. they've gotten pricey this last year, though- and also dropped most of their weekend events. so i didn't get to many last season.

in any case, a weekend at t-hill is not one to miss. it's rare. i might see tam down at laguna seca, too. i love that track, even in january...

glenn

vtluu
12-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Laguna Seca will be closed for much of next year while the track is being re-paved, so if you want to run it, you may not get another chance for a while...

xchoirboy
12-20-2004, 09:54 PM
put me down in the maybe column ... that off camber turn scared the crap out of me last though :oops: i wasn't even driving.

hagakure
12-20-2004, 10:26 PM
That turn is not that bad...you just need to be in 2nd gear, and make sure you brake hard enough to keep a striaght line from the turn in point on the right side of the track to exiting on the berm. You have to also make sure the wheel is stright as you head down the hill. Little secret i used was to put a strip of red tape dead center top of my steering wheel...that way you know which way is up! Once you get it down the turn is an absolute blast!!

Peace.

Percy

garrick70
12-20-2004, 11:41 PM
hey, i just saw this- count me in, will probably be up on sat only.

put me down in the maybe column ... that off camber turn scared the crap out of me last though i wasn't even driving.

3.hagakure (both days )
5. DB8GSR (Saturday/maybe :wink: )
6.smack (both days )
7.geminix3 ( Saturday )
8.xchoirboy (maybe :wink: )

Done!! :D

garrick70
12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
wait, let me make sure i'm reading this right...if we're not a member already we can only go to one of the days?

Actually you cannot go at all if you are not a member of the NCRC. Sorry, if that was confusing. You can choose between going for the entire weekend or just one day once you are a member. The discount of 33% applies to new members only. :D

hagakure
12-21-2004, 09:41 AM
The membership for a year is only 30.00...
It's worth it.

Percy

vtluu
12-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Membership is $40, but it's a lifetime membership--as long as you run at least one NCRC event each year.

http://ncracing.org/membership.html

I also had forgotten about this:

Get $50 off your next event by getting a new member to sign up and attend an event! Just have him or her write your name on the registration form. If you're an NCRC instructor, you'll get $50 cash for the same deal, though you do need to be an NCRC member yourself.
So if anybody joins, tell them I referred you. ;)

garrick70
12-21-2004, 12:46 PM

I am much nicer than Tam, so please tell them I referred you. :wink:

vtluu
12-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Percy is much nicer than Garrick or myself, so please tell them Percy referred you. :lol:

hagakure
12-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Right on!

I'll use the 50.00 to buy pizza for everyone on saturday after the event!! :P

Percy

seriously, put whoever you want!

Percy

GokuSSJ4
12-21-2004, 08:14 PM

Peace

Percy
thanks Percy !! great info, if the car is ready for this weekend event i might be there. T-hill is fun and to make the 7 hr drive worth it IMO both days are a must .

garrick70
12-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Percy is much nicer than Garrick or myself, so please tell them Percy referred you. :lol:

:lol:

garrick70
12-21-2004, 08:18 PM

Peace

Percy
thanks Percy !! great info, if the car is ready for this weekend event i might be there. T-hill is fun and to make the 7 hr drive worth it IMO both days are a must .

Do you want me to add you to the list???? :D

garrick70
12-22-2004, 11:36 AM
One more!! :D

2.evodadi (maybe)
3.hagakure (both days)
4.vtluu (as long as nothing breaks)
6.smack (both day)
7.geminix3 ( Saturday)
8.xchoirboy (maybe)
9.jbenosa (Saturday)

jstockdale
12-22-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm tempted as hell but I really want to get some instruction time before hitting the track strait up ...

Are there going to be instructors there at any point during the weekend that could teach me how to properly track the car?

(I'd prefer something on the scale of 1:1 so we can go as fast or slow as I can pick up the techniques)

I just don't fully trust myself on a track with no experience ... I'm kinda competitive and foothill runs and track lines are two different matters. Don't want to do anything stupid now.

-S ...

hagakure
12-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Stockdale,

when you join NCRC, or NASA, or any of the other groups, you start out in the begginning group, and you will be paired with an instructor. When you sign up you indicate your experience level, and also indicate that you want an instructor. You will be fine. It's just important to not see it as a race, which it is not. Take time and listen, learn the line, pay attention to driving tips from your instructor, and prepare yourself as much as you can beforehand. One way to do that is to pick up good books like "going faster" which is a wealth of information about different types of turns, apexing, weight transfer, how to find grip on the track, driving techniques, etc.

Also, prepare to be slow at first and be ok with it, because that's the only way you will get faster. It's like that with any type of racing. I raced bicycles for 8 years, and it took me a few years to become a really competent bike handler. T-hill is a good track to learn on, as it has a little bit of everything, generous run-off area, and good sight marking, ie, brake markers, land marks for turn in, etc.....hope to see you out there man. It's a joy to start getting a glimpse of what the car is capable of.

Peace.

Percy

vtluu
12-22-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm tempted as hell but I really want to get some instruction time before hitting the track strait up ...

Are there going to be instructors there at any point during the weekend that could teach me how to properly track the car?
NCRC is all about instruction. You'll have a dedicated and highly-qualified instructor for the whole day, and get post-run "debrief" classroom sessions... For those our "prof" was Hank Watts, author of Secrets of Solo Racing.

hagakure
12-22-2004, 05:21 PM
This post has been encouraging. It would be great to develop a group of Evo owners in norcal that are eventually skilled and fast on the track, akin to what they have going in socal. Hope a lot of you guys turn up feb 26-27. Peace all.

Percy

jstockdale
12-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Hm ... I'm definitely interested then ... let me look at my schedule and see if I can get free for the weekend :)

-S ...

garrick70
12-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Hm ... I'm definitely interested then ... let me look at my schedule and see if I can get free for the weekend :)

-S ...

Hey jstockdale, quite a few of us including myself are going to have instuctors with us. I am a newbie as well as many others on the list.
I really like the idea of us having a core group of guys who want to get together and track our evos on a regular basis. I hope to hear that you will be attending!! :D

Garrick

garrick70
12-22-2004, 10:00 PM
This post has been encouraging. It would be great to develop a group of Evo owners in norcal that are eventually skilled and fast on the track, akin to what they have going in socal. Hope a lot of you guys turn up feb 26-27. Peace all.

Percy

Ditto!! :D

GokuSSJ4
12-22-2004, 10:20 PM
you guys should get Robi in this event, he can help many of you guys with instruction and giving you guys tips about the track. Remember he has run CCW 2.02-01's + all the experience that he has behing the wheel.

garrick70
12-22-2004, 10:26 PM
you guys should get Robi in this event, he can help many of you guys with instruction and giving you guys tips about the track. Remember he has run CCW 2.02-01's + all the experience that he has behing the wheel.

I will PM him and see what he has to offer!! Thanks!! What about you Goku?? We could use you up here as well!! :D

tracknut
12-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Hi folks, this is Dave, from NCRC. I'm glad to hear you're thinking of bringing a good group out to Thunderhill in Feb! Garrick asked me to answer a few questions and keep an eye on this thread, so feel free to ask here, I'll set the thing to send me an email as folks reply, so I can keep in touch. A couple things I see, from reading thru...

The pricing, just to clarify. We have a 33% off deal, for new NCRC members, which includes NCRC membership. It's a max of $150 in discount, and can't be combined with other discounts (like the referral fee one, sorry!) or used at Laguna Seca. With this, you can sign up for one or two days, doesn't matter to us. As mentioned, 2 days on the track is a wonderful start, because you get to come back the next day rather than thinking "crap, I wish I'd tried that different line my instructor suggested" or "oops, I just realized I forgot to turn traction control off all day...". You'll get seriously acquainted with the track, too.

Unfortunately Thunderhill has not sent out its pricing schedule for next year yet, which is why we don't have the event open. My guess is it'll be pretty close to the $450 for the weekend mentioned above, but they may bump prices up 10% or so - who knows.

Instruction will be mandatory for anyone who's never been on a track, and even for those who've been on the track once or twice. That means a class in the morning, and someone sitting in your passenger seat all day helping you learn. Instructors can approve folks to run solo when they feel it's safe - that's up to the individual of course.

Keep in mind that what you're discussing here is a Driver's Ed/Open Track event, which is not a race. Primary focus is on safety and learning performance driving. Any agressive driving or off-track incidents will be handled seriously, with all effort to keep them from escalating into something worse. By coincidence, we'll be running one group of racing (American Racing Club - www.amracing.org) that weekend, but unless your car is caged and you're licensed to race, you wouldn't be participating in that. If you are ready to race, then you're welcome to do that instead, otherwise have fun watching the races!

Thunderhill is known to be one of the safest tracks in California. The other is Buttonwillow, down south. So if you're a first-timer, this is the correct track to pick. Very few walls to hit, an off-track excursion (which we do NOT want you to try, though it's possible) is most likely to result in a bunch of dirt in your car, rather than what can happen at other tracks.

Again, thanks for the interest, and if you've got any questions about the event, feel free to drop them here, or to me at [email protected]

Dave Mills
www.ncracing.org

hagakure
12-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the informative post. I look forward to running with NCRC in feb.

Percy Howard

GokuSSJ4
12-23-2004, 12:33 AM
cool!!! thanks for the info, if i have the car ready (since i need rotors and brake pads from doing different track days) i will be there. Also need the car tune after the Xmas presents.

jstockdale
12-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Ok, throw me on the list for both days ... it's tenative at this point but I'll keep y'all updated as the time comes.

I'd need the NCRC membership + beginner class instruction.

Thanks for organizing this Garrick

-S ...

jstockdale
12-23-2004, 12:44 AM

Percy

What Percy said :)

:woowoo: ... oops! I mean: :driving:

-S ...

garrick70
12-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Ok, throw me on the list for both days ... it's tenative at this point but I'll keep y'all updated as the time comes.

I'd need the NCRC membership + beginner class instruction.

Thanks for organizing this Garrick

-S ...

Your In!!

2.evodadi (maybe)
3.hagakure (both days)
6.smack (both day)
7.geminix3 ( Saturday)
8.xchoirboy (maybe)
9.jbenosa (Saturday)
10. jstockdale (both days)

garrick70
12-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Hi folks, this is Dave, from NCRC. I'm glad to hear you're thinking of bringing a good group out to Thunderhill in Feb! Garrick asked me to answer a few questions and keep an eye on this thread, so feel free to ask here, I'll set the thing to send me an email as folks reply, so I can keep in touch. A couple things I see, from reading thru...

The pricing, just to clarify. We have a 33% off deal, for new NCRC members, which includes NCRC membership. It's a max of $150 in discount, and can't be combined with other discounts (like the referral fee one, sorry!) or used at Laguna Seca. With this, you can sign up for one or two days, doesn't matter to us. As mentioned, 2 days on the track is a wonderful start, because you get to come back the next day rather than thinking "crap, I wish I'd tried that different line my instructor suggested" or "oops, I just realized I forgot to turn traction control off all day...". You'll get seriously acquainted with the track, too.

Unfortunately Thunderhill has not sent out its pricing schedule for next year yet, which is why we don't have the event open. My guess is it'll be pretty close to the $450 for the weekend mentioned above, but they may bump prices up 10% or so - who knows.

Instruction will be mandatory for anyone who's never been on a track, and even for those who've been on the track once or twice. That means a class in the morning, and someone sitting in your passenger seat all day helping you learn. Instructors can approve folks to run solo when they feel it's safe - that's up to the individual of course.

Keep in mind that what you're discussing here is a Driver's Ed/Open Track event, which is not a race. Primary focus is on safety and learning performance driving. Any agressive driving or off-track incidents will be handled seriously, with all effort to keep them from escalating into something worse. By coincidence, we'll be running one group of racing (American Racing Club - www.amracing.org) that weekend, but unless your car is caged and you're licensed to race, you wouldn't be participating in that. If you are ready to race, then you're welcome to do that instead, otherwise have fun watching the races!

Thunderhill is known to be one of the safest tracks in California. The other is Buttonwillow, down south. So if you're a first-timer, this is the correct track to pick. Very few walls to hit, an off-track excursion (which we do NOT want you to try, though it's possible) is most likely to result in a bunch of dirt in your car, rather than what can happen at other tracks.

Again, thanks for the interest, and if you've got any questions about the event, feel free to drop them here, or to me at [email protected]

Dave Mills
www.ncracing.org

Thanks for the info Dave!! :D

robi
12-23-2004, 01:21 AM
cool!!! thanks for the info, if i have the car ready (since i need rotors and brake pads from doing different track days) i will be there. Also need the car tune after the Xmas presents.

Damn I've been dragging rotos and pads around since the EVOM shootout! you ever going to pick them up?

I'm In too...

Your In!!

2.evodadi (maybe)
3.hagakure (both days)
6.smack (both day)
7.geminix3 ( Saturday)
8.xchoirboy (maybe)
9.jbenosa (Saturday)
11. Robi (going for 1:58's!!! hang on and shutup Goku)

garrick70
12-23-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm In too...

Your In!! Awsome Robi!! It will be great to have you there!! I added you as well Goku! :D

1. garrick70 (Saturday for sure, Sunday if funds allow)
2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
4. vtluu (as long as nothing breaks)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
12. Gokussj4

vtluu
12-23-2004, 10:06 AM
If you need instruction, I suggest you sign up as early as possible, as the "supply" of instructors is limited.

GokuSSJ4
12-23-2004, 12:10 PM

Damn I've been dragging rotos and pads around since the EVOM shootout! you ever going to pick them up?

I'm In too...

Your In!!

blahh my friend kept buggin me to leave :?
i might be there to see the old man hit 1:58's , please dont mess up your pretty bumper this time ...

I will try to follow your lines, so make sure you boost at 16psi so i can keep up with you old man :wink:

garrick70
12-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Robi suggested having a get together the night before track day to help a lot of us track newbies with the "pre-track day jitters". I like the idea a lot, but realize that it might be logistically hard to accomplish. What do you guys think??

hagakure
12-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Garrick,

I think it would be a good idea, I agree with Robi. I know how much it helped me to be able to talk with serious, experinced drivers before my forst track outing...it helps! Mybe we can all have dinner the night before in sac...worth a try. Hey Robi, thanks for being so game and accommodating by the way.

Percy

warpspeed
12-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Put me down as a maybe. I haven't race for awhile since my N.A.S.A. days. It should be fun. :D

garrick70
12-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Put me down as a maybe. I haven't race for awhile since my N.A.S.A. days. It should be fun. :D

Very Cool!!

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
12. Gokussj4 (maybe both days)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)

jstockdale
12-24-2004, 04:53 PM
If you need instruction, I suggest you sign up as early as possible, as the "supply" of instructors is limited.

Uhm ... stupid question ...

_How_ do I sign up?

-S ...

vtluu
12-24-2004, 05:17 PM
_How_ do I sign up?
When the event is open for registration (not yet), go to www.ncracing.org, click on the Events link, then the specific event and it will have a link with instructions for signing up.

For example the 1/31 Laguna Seca event: http://www.ncracing.org/ls050131.html

In the meantime you can sign up with NCRC as a member though you don't really need to until you sign up for the event itself. The membership basically never expires so there's no disadvantage to paying your membership in advance...

tracknut
12-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Robi suggested having a get together the night before track day to help a lot of us track newbies with the "pre-track day jitters". I like the idea a lot, but realize that it might be logistically hard to accomplish. What do you guys think??

One option I'd offer is that we always do a pre-registration at a restaurant, the night before the event. It's not mandatory to show up the night before, we just offer it to save time for folks in the morning. We
spend the evening having a beer or two with anyone who wants to show up. You're right, it's a great way to get rid of a few jitters, ask a few questions, and talk smack...

It'll be at the Casa Roma, Feb 25th, probably 6-9pm.

Dave

tracknut
12-24-2004, 05:37 PM
In the meantime you can sign up with NCRC as a member though you don't really need to until you sign up for the event itself. The membership basically never expires so there's no disadvantage to paying your membership in advance...
Thanks for laying it out, Tam. For those of you new to NCRC though, keep in mind the 33% off pricing includes NCRC membership. So unless you just feel like sending me $40, you're better off doing the 33% deal and not joining the club until we open the event.

Dave

garrick70
12-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks for laying it out, Tam. For those of you new to NCRC though, keep in mind the 33% off pricing includes NCRC membership. So unless you just feel like sending me $40, you're better off doing the 33% deal and not joining the club until we open the event.

Dave

Dave,

I have already joined the NCRC, but I have not been to an NCRC event before. So from what I gather from your post, I will not be able to take advantage of a discount on this event. correct??

Garrick

tracknut
12-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Dave,

I have already joined the NCRC, but I have not been to an NCRC event before. So from what I gather from your post, I will not be able to take advantage of a discount on this event. correct??

Garrick
I'd be glad to give you the discount, Garrick. When you sign up, just drop me a note and we'll do the discount and I'll deduct your membership fee off it as well.

Dave

garrick70
12-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Dave,

Garrick
I'd be glad to give you the discount, Garrick. When you sign up, just drop me a note and we'll do the discount and I'll deduct your membership fee off it as well.

Dave

Wow!! Thanks Dave. I will be able to make both days!! Very excited! :D

evo_dadi
12-25-2004, 12:47 PM
man this thread is smoking now :) any idea how much would it be for one day?i might be doing just saturday now.

garrick70
12-25-2004, 02:46 PM
man this thread is smoking now :) any idea how much would it be for one day?i might be doing just saturday now.

Hey EvoDadi,

Dave (tracknut) from NCRC is still waiting on pricing; however, he is watching this thread, and I am sure he will let us know when the details are worked out. :D

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)

GokuSSJ4
12-26-2004, 12:24 AM
it should be an interesting event, getting my camera ready as well. Now time to get brakes, time off from work and see if i can have other peeps from socal go up there as well.
might as well make it a Norcal/Socal event :cool:
Jan any ideas ????

garrick70
12-26-2004, 08:50 PM

One option I'd offer is that we always do a pre-registration at a restaurant, the night before the event. It's not mandatory to show up the night before, we just offer it to save time for folks in the morning. We
spend the evening having a beer or two with anyone who wants to show up. You're right, it's a great way to get rid of a few jitters, ask a few questions, and talk smack...

It'll be at the Casa Roma, Feb 25th, probably 6-9pm.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Where is the Casa Roma located??

tracknut
12-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi Garrick,

The Casa Roma is between the Amerihost and the Golden Pheasant hotels, just off the hiway on the right. Most folks seem to stay at one or the other of those hotels, so it's easy to just walk over to the restaurant from there.

Dave

garrick70
12-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Just received a PM from Wilson. He will be there on Saturday!!

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)

tracknut
12-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Okay folks, the event is open!

You can register from http://www.ncracing.org/th050226.html and sign up for instruction, time trials, etc. It should be fairly self-evident how to do it, but feel free to drop me a note if there are any questions.

For the folks new to NCRC, you'll be doing the 33% discount presumably, so the one-day price is $245 less 33%, os $162. The price for both days would be $294. That includes membership in the club.

Dave

evo_dadi
12-29-2004, 08:12 PM
so its gonna be $162 a day then :shock: will that include the membership fee also?? im so doped up with cough syrup right now so its going in my brains kinda slow :stoned: :mrgreen:

garrick70
12-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Okay Dave,

Thanks!! I will sign up right now!

Garrick

2befast
12-29-2004, 10:27 PM
im in for sure along with another evo member

tracknut
12-29-2004, 10:38 PM
so its gonna be $162 a day then :shock: will that include the membership fee also?? im so doped up with cough syrup right now so its going in my brains kinda slow :stoned: :mrgreen:
It's $162 for one day (including membership), and $294 for both days. This is for new NCRC members, and I forgot to mention that's under the "early bird pricing, which is good until Feb 5th.

When you go to register and get to the payment page, if you want to use PayPal, click on the "Coupon/Credit" button, rather than one of the "Add to Cart" buttons. That'll let you enter whatever amount you want to for payment (preferably one of the above numbers :) ). Also if you could stick something in the "code" field, like NorCalEvo it will help me connect who's signing up from this board.

If you guys get a good crowd out, we could mark off a space in the pits for you all to park together, if that's something you'd want.

Dave

garrick70
12-30-2004, 12:28 AM
im in for sure along with another evo member

Awsome!! I have added you to the list!

If you guys get a good crowd out, we could mark off a space in the pits for you all to park together, if that's something you'd want.

Dave

Hey everyone lets get a good group out there. It would be great to be able to park together for this event!! :D Make sure you put NorCalEvo in the comments when you sign up, so that they know how many we will have. I mini meet at the TRACK!! :D

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast

GokuSSJ4
12-30-2004, 12:55 AM
It's $162 for one day (including membership), and $294 for both days. This is for new NCRC members, and I forgot to mention that's under the "early bird pricing, which is good until Feb 5th.

When you go to register and get to the payment page, if you want to use PayPal, click on the "Coupon/Credit" button, rather than one of the "Add to Cart" buttons. That'll let you enter whatever amount you want to for payment (preferably one of the above numbers :) ). Also if you could stick something in the "code" field, like NorCalEvo it will help me connect who's signing up from this board.

Dave

thanks for all the info !!! if the car is ready on time (since it will need tuning, along with brakes an a new seat) i will be there :cool:

robi
12-30-2004, 01:32 AM
I'm leaving the BIG turbo on for this track (think I can get to 150 down the front straight???) because I love to hear the external wastegate dump SNARL!!!

ob4
12-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Count me in for Sat!

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)

garrick70
12-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Count me in for Sat! .

Awsome!! :D

garrick70
12-30-2004, 08:44 AM
I wanted to repost the information tracknut (Dave) posted on this thread regarding registration, so no one misses it!!

Okay folks, the event is open!

You can register from http://www.ncracing.org/th050226.html and sign up for instruction, time trials, etc. It should be fairly self-evident how to do it, but feel free to drop me a note if there are any questions.

For the folks new to NCRC, you'll be doing the 33% discount presumably, so the one-day price is $245 less 33%, os $162. The price for both days would be $294. That includes membership in the club.

Dave

When you go to register and get to the payment page, if you want to use PayPal, click on the "Coupon/Credit" button, rather than one of the "Add to Cart" buttons. That'll let you enter whatever amount you want to for payment (preferably one of the above numbers ). Also if you could stick something in the "code" field, like NorCalEvo it will help me connect who's signing up from this board.

Dave

ForcedFed
12-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Hello Guys,
We will try to make this event as well! We have some prior commitments to attend but we will make every effort to make it for the track day! :D

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

garrick70
12-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Hello Guys,
We will try to make this event as well! We have some prior commitments to attend but we will make every effort to make it for the track day! :D

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

Hey Brett,

That would be awsome!! I will add you to the list as "maybe" 8)

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
17. Forcedfed/ Brett (maybe)

GokuSSJ4
12-30-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm leaving the BIG turbo on for this track (think I can get to 150 down the front straight???) because I love to hear the external wastegate dump SNARL!!!

crazy old man !!! hopefully this time i can ride in the power by Buschur stage 1000++++ evo , its been near a year i havent been inside the beast at the track. :?

2befast
12-30-2004, 07:58 PM
my day i would pick would be saturday

vtluu
01-01-2005, 11:16 AM
(think I can get to 150 down the front straight???)
I have no doubt you can, but can you do it and not end up wadded up outside turn 1? ;)

All right, I'm signed up and paid up for Saturday. In anticipation of my preceding event (Laguna Seca 1/31) I'll be ordering up an extra set of rotors and pads... :D

garrick70
01-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Updated list. Make sure you get registered before February 5th to take advantage of the early bird special!! :D Make sure to follow Dave's instuctions when signing up.

When you go to register and get to the payment page, if you want to use PayPal, click on the "Coupon/Credit" button, rather than one of the "Add to Cart" buttons. That'll let you enter whatever amount you want to for payment (preferably one of the above numbers ). Also if you could stick something in the "code" field, like NorCalEvo it will help me connect who's signing up from this board.

Dave

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy

evoredy
01-02-2005, 11:33 AM
put me in for #17. I've registered and mailed my check for saturday track day. (i chose instruction)<-- was that the right thing to do? I have never been on the track drag racing or open.

i have driven hicks road many times though.

also black road.

what are some good tires for my novice skills on that day? the advans are rubbed out. I can pick'em up and install'em before that day. Also, should I prepare my car to go faster by buying some more mods (cams/exhaust/anything short of a new turbo)--or it doesnt matter? i currently have a works p2/vacuum line upgrade and a k&n cone.

vtluu
01-02-2005, 11:52 AM
put me in for #17. I've registered and mailed my check for saturday track day. (i chose instruction)<-- was that the right thing to do?
Yup... They wouldn't have let you drive without instruction anyway. :)

what are some good tires for my novice skills on that day? the advans are rubbed out. I can pick'em up and install'em before that day. Also, should I prepare my car to go faster by buying some more mods (cams/exhaust/anything short of a new turbo)--or it doesnt matter? i currently have a works p2/vacuum line upgrade and a k&n cone.
No need to mod your car; as your instructor will show you, for now it can already probably go a lot a faster than you can drive it. ;) Other than getting a fresh set of tires and maybe an alignment if you haven't already had it done, just make sure the car is in good shape: the usual maintenance items and of course make sure you've got plenty of brake pads and rotors left. Also, you may want to bleed to the brake lines shortly before the event.

Tires, just go with a good set of street tires; the "usual" favourites include the Kumho Ecsta MX, Falken Azenis Sport (some people say they're not goot track tires but I've run them and they're fine for beginners like you and me), Toyo T1-S, etc. (Search for a thread about tires...) Make sure to wear them in (drive them for at least a couple hundred miles) before the event.

NCRC has a good checklist of items you should check before the event: http://www.ncracing.org/logistics.html#prep1

garrick70
01-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey evoredy, I added you to the list above.

Thanks for the info Tam, I'm wondering if I should get a new set of Advans since mine have about 70% tread left. Maybe I should pick up a new set of brake pads as well.....

Registration info:

Dave

vtluu
01-02-2005, 01:40 PM
70% is plenty of tread. As for brake pads, I didn't replace mine until after 30 autocross events + 1 track day so I don't think you should have a problem; do inspect them though... One thing I noticed was that my inside rear pads wore about twice as fast as the outside. Others have seen this as well. So you could, if saw the same thing early on, even out the wear by swapping the inside and outside pads (if you think it's worth the trouble).

tracknut
01-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi Guys,

I've got a couple sign-ups already - looks like we're on a roll!

A comment about tech and safety. As Tam says, doing significant power and handling mods is not something to worry about for novices. You're going to have enough of a challenge out there learning the line, track protocol, braking, etc, that the last thing you'll need is more power.

If you want to spend some time and energy on something, take a look through the tech sheet at http://www.ncracing.org/docs/tech.html This is the list of mandatory requirements for you and your car. You can do the tech yourself, or take it so a shop to have it done, either way is good for us. Frankly we prefer folks to know how to do this stuff themselves, figuring it will become a habit that they go through regularly on their car, rather than once in a blue moon by a mechanic.

The only "equipment" you'll need is a helmet (SA95 or better) which can be open face or enclosed. Other than that, a normal well-maintained street car should pass all these tech requirements.

If there are any questions feel free to ask here, or to me directly at [email protected] The rest of items on the "logistics" page that Tam posted are intended to help you with various things to make the day better, but it's this tech sheet that's the mandatory requirement.

Dave

tracknut
01-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Robi, are you and your car race-ready, with a cage and such? If so, are you aware we're running a race during this event, as well as one at Buttonwillow July 2-3?

Sounds like it could be right up your alley... :)

http://www.amracing.org/events.html

Dave

hagakure
01-02-2005, 05:45 PM
First couple of track days you won't burn off that much tread....:) The advans wear pretty well, relatively, at the track as well, although they have a tendency to chunk a little bit when they get hot. If you have 50% of your pads left I'd wait until After the track day to change the pads...you might want to bleed your brakes and go with some better fluid before the event, however. If you do get fade, it will most likely be due to the fluid boiling, and not your pads giving up the ghost.

Peace.

Percy

Hey evoredy, I added you to the list above.

Thanks for the info Tam, I'm wondering if I should get a new set of Advans since mine have about 70% tread left. Maybe I should pick up a new set of brake pads as well.....

Registration info:

Dave

Absinthe
01-02-2005, 07:06 PM
tracknut- is you avatar you track car??

tracknut
01-02-2005, 07:35 PM
tracknut- is you avatar you track car??Yes, it's a Radical SR3. Mucho fun...

Dave

evoredy
01-03-2005, 01:04 AM
thanks for the advice.... MENTORS 8)

i printed my bill/registration/car-check-list/track-pdf
time to memorize... :computer:

i have newish not-trackable avs yokes (excellent winter tires) right now--i'm sure they'd suck. they do allow me to get loose a lot easier though in dry weather!

you're right about the advans wearing quick. it took forever to clean advan residue off my front fender and rear bumper once. :)

smack
01-03-2005, 02:20 AM
If you do get fade, it will most likely be due to the fluid boiling, and not your pads giving up the ghost.

if the pedal goes soft, that's fluid. if the pedal stays up but doesn't
stop or brake any better with more pressure, that's pads.

either way can be a bit unnerving going into a corner :shock:

you can always bring a set(and should) of pads to the track with you.
i'll (and i'm sure others) have tools to swap them out for you if you need
the help. that's one nice thing about the brembos. takes longer to take
the wheels off and on than to swap the pads.

see ya there,
sean

2manVR6
01-03-2005, 07:26 PM
i have newish not-trackable avs yokes (excellent winter tires) right now--i'm sure they'd suck. they do allow me to get loose a lot easier though in dry weather!

you're right about the advans wearing quick. it took forever to clean advan residue off my front fender and rear bumper once. :)

u should throw on the gold konigs, car will look different and you can rape those tires. they arent doing anything but collecting dust anyways right?

is there room for a lil vw to join in also? :driving:

garrick70
01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
[quote="evoredy"]

Sure! Do you want me to add you to the list?? Remember to sign up before February 5th for the early bird discount!

dohcvtec
01-03-2005, 10:01 PM
count me in for saturday for sure, sunday maybe. however, i'll be driving the del sol as she is my dedicated track car, and not the evo. can i still hang out with you evo guys? maybe i'll have my g/f drive the evo to the track to park with us for show? hehehe.

Dave, I'm a somewhat new member, i signed up in August '04 i think? under email [email protected]. my membership should still be good right? also, can i get the same discount since it will infact be my first event with you guys? plus i'll be evo-less. :)

thunderhill is my most favorite track, i have tons of incar footage from nasa events i've done there, but none of it is posted online. oh well.

tracknut
01-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Dave, I'm a somewhat new member, i signed up in August '04 i think? under email [email protected]. my membership should still be good right? also, can i get the same discount since it will infact be my first event with you guys? plus i'll be evo-less. :)

Sure Mike, I'll do that.

Dave

garrick70
01-03-2005, 10:40 PM
count me in for saturday for sure, sunday maybe. however, i'll be driving the del sol as she is my dedicated track car, and not the evo. can i still hang out with you evo guys? maybe i'll have my g/f drive the evo to the track to park with us for show? hehehe.

No worries!! I'm sure we can make room in the back of the pack for your Del Sol. :D j/k Here is the updated list:

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
20.dohcvtec (satuday, maybe sunday)

evoredy
01-03-2005, 11:17 PM

u should throw on the gold konigs, car will look different and you can rape those tires. they arent doing anything but collecting dust anyways right?

thats not too bad of an idea.
maybe.

dohcvtec
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM

Sure Mike, I'll do that.

Dave
thanks dave!
:)

dohcvtec
01-04-2005, 03:24 PM
ok, i just signed up for both saturday and sunday. :)

Absinthe
01-04-2005, 03:43 PM
tracknut- is you avatar you track car??Yes, it's a Radical SR3. Mucho fun...

Dave

I have been on a track with a group of them before, I'll warm up the point by.....

In all seriousness how fast can you lap T-hill in that? 1.55? 1.52?

Im considering both days pending resolution of my car gettting f'ed up.

garrick70
01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
ok, i just signed up for both saturday and sunday. :)

Awsome!! This is going to be a great turn out!! :D

Registration info:

Dave

1. garrick70 (Both Days!)
2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
20.dohcvtec (Both Days!!)

smack
01-05-2005, 04:23 AM
all paid up for both days as well. :driving:

and i'm getting a bit more time in this weekend with the audi club.
i'm bummed it's going to rain all weekend though cause i was hoping to
get the wheels and suspension sorted out ahead of time for the ncrc days.
oh well, a wet track is just a different type of fun :skid:

see you all there,
sean

garrick70
01-05-2005, 08:36 AM
all paid up for both days as well. :driving:

and i'm getting a bit more time in this weekend with the audi club.
i'm bummed it's going to rain all weekend though cause i was hoping to
get the wheels and suspension sorted out ahead of time for the ncrc days.
oh well, a wet track is just a different type of fun :skid:

see you all there,
sean

COOL!! :bigglasses: I will be going both days as well!!

tracknut
01-06-2005, 11:09 PM

I'll have a new engine in for the Thunderhill event, probably 1:55 will be about right for me. I'm not the fastest out there, by a long shot - I drive for fun, don't set lap records, but thoroughly enjoy myself :)

Dave

EvoVIII
01-07-2005, 01:22 AM
umm.. got 1 question.. which 1 do I check??

Time Trial (intermediate & advanced drivers only)

Check this box to request Time Trial registration
NCRC uses the AMB timing system, and will have transponders you may rent at the track for $25 for the day if you don't have one. We also have transponders for sale.

Note: All Time Trial entrants need a car classification on file for the 2005 season to participate. You can view the existing Entries page to verify your classification, or use the car classification form to submit your car. Contact Alex if you have questions about Time Trial, or need to change your classification. Time Trial signups in advance are free, if you sign up the day of the event there is a $20 charge.

Relay Race (intermediate & advanced drivers only)

Check this box if you're interested in participating in the Relay Race at this event

Instruction (novice drivers only)

Check this box to request instruction

Coaching (intermediate/advanced drivers only)

Check this box to request coaching (a session or two of advanced instruction)

ARC Certification Checkout (intermediate/advanced drivers only)

Check this box to request certification checkout for American Racing Club. This will be a more thorough driving checkout, which will allow you to race with ARC if passed.

Mentor

If you're brand new to tracking your car or NCRC, you might find it helpful to have a mentor for this event. Check this box and we'll hook you up with an experienced track driver that you can chat with before and during this event and show you how it all works. Note, this is not an instructor.
Check this box to request a mentor (we'll email you a contact)

smack
01-07-2005, 01:42 AM
depends on your experience. if you're new to driving on a track, new to
driving this car, or even never been to t-hill, you would definately want
instruction.
based on what you put down for experience on the form, i'm sure dave
would put you in the novice group with an instructor anyway if he thinks
you need to be there. as far as the time trials and relay races, that's only
for people with enough experience to drive without an instructor. if you're a more experienced driver and don't need intruction then you can sign up
for all the different stuff, it's all free(except the timer rental-$25)

see ya soon,
sean

EvoVIII
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
:twisted: sounds like fun

smack
01-07-2005, 01:47 AM
i just went back to the registration page and i see what you're asking...

if you don't need any of the instruction or mentoring and you don't want
to participate in any fo the relay or timed events then you don't check
any boxes. just the box down at the "release" section of the page.

hope this finally helps :lol:
sean

tracknut
01-07-2005, 08:43 AM
If there's any other confusion about the registration, let me know. I think Smack did a great job explaining the options, but who knows...

Dave

cokofellah
01-07-2005, 10:59 AM
"The cost is $280 for one day, $480 for the weekend for members. Non-members add $40 membership dues. Before February 5th, take the $35 early-bird discount off the event price."

Dave,
Just wanted to make sure; is it $162 (incl. memebership) for ONE day - or $280.00 + $40 (or $35) for ONE day? Thanks in advance.
PATRICK

tracknut
01-07-2005, 11:11 AM
"The cost is $280 for one day, $480 for the weekend for members. Non-members add $40 membership dues. Before February 5th, take the $35 early-bird discount off the event price."

Dave,
Just wanted to make sure; is it $162 (incl. memebership) for ONE day - or $280.00 + $40 (or $35) for ONE day? Thanks in advance.
PATRICK
Patrick, the pricing I gave above in this thread ($162) is for new NCRC members, using a coupon we send out that of course you don't have. Assuming you're new to the club, that's the cost for you, I'm doing that for this forum as if you all had the coupon. The pricing you're seeing on the web site is our standard pricing that you'd use if you were an existing member or didn't have the coupon.

Dave

cokofellah
01-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Dave... Thanks for clarifying. What's the best way to contact you? To register?
Patrick

vtluu
01-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Dave... Thanks for clarifying. What's the best way to contact you? To register?
[email protected]
http://ncracing.org/register.html

tracknut
01-07-2005, 12:35 PM
If you want to send me mail, just send to [email protected], but if you're wanting to register, just do that. I'm the official secretary, bottle washer, driver, etc - and will be the one processing the registration when it comes in.

Dave

cokofellah
01-07-2005, 03:58 PM

I'll have a new engine in for the Thunderhill event, probably 1:55 will be about right for me. I'm not the fastest out there, by a long shot - I drive for fun, don't set lap records, but thoroughly enjoy myself :)

Dave

1:55s on an EVO, @Thunderhill will be FAAAST..... :urock: :ahnold:
I'd like a ride-along (if you've got a spare seat)!

Dave, thanks btw...I'll finalize payments, etc. sometime before Feb 5

garrick70
01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Here is an updated list with registration info that Dave posted a few weeks ago! :D

Awsome!! This is going to be a great turn out!!

Registration info:

tracknut wrote:

Dave

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
21.cokofellah

See you guys There!! :D

garrick70
01-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Anyone Else?? :D

evoredy
01-09-2005, 02:38 PM
i'm trying to get my friend with an '86 944 turbo all done up (over 300HP) to come. i drove that thing day before yesterday/man after 4K rpms, it feels scary fast and loud (3 inch full exhaust). the funny thing is that there is absolutely nothing before 4k. :lol:

he's concerned if it will be wet or not. from what i've heard those 944's are excellent on wet tracks, but he just picked it up recently.

leif
01-09-2005, 02:53 PM
put me down for saturday, hopefully my car will be ready by then.

garrick70
01-09-2005, 07:54 PM
put me down for saturday, hopefully my car will be ready by then.

Awsome!! I'll put you down, and we can just cross our fingers!! Don't forget the early bird special for signing up before February 5th!

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
21.cokofellah
22. Lief (Saturday)

Evo442
01-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Garrick - put me down for both days. I'm registered already.

garrick70
01-23-2005, 10:43 PM

Got you on Dave, Here is the updated list and just scroll down for Dave's registration instuctions. Remember guys only a few more days for the early bird registration.

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
21.cokofellah
22. Lief (Saturday)
23. dyuyeno (both days)

garrick70
01-23-2005, 10:44 PM

Got you on Dave, Here is the updated list and just scroll down for Dave's registration instuctions. Remember guys only a few more days for the early bird registration.

2. evodadi (maybe)
3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
21.cokofellah
22. Lief (Saturday)
23. dyuyeno (both days)

tracknut wrote:

Dave

e8
01-24-2005, 10:04 PM
why must these events always fall RIGHT before my midterms??? :(

evo_dadi
01-24-2005, 10:08 PM
man im gonna have to skip this gig now :cry: found out that it drops on my wife's friend's wedding and my 2 daughters gonna be in it so we cant miss it.

wilson1
01-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Ihave heard OB4 not going to make it! :cry:

wilson1
01-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Btw, is Works or Vishnu going to be there?

garrick70
01-26-2005, 08:30 PM

You know Wilson, I never thought about inviting them. I will give them a call tomorrow.

garrick70
01-26-2005, 08:33 PM
O.K. Guys,

I need to know how many have actually signed up for this event. According to Dave at NCRC. He only has 4 people actually signed up for the event from this forum, and that includes me:

1.Garrick
2.Viet Tam Luu
3.Mike Outland
4.David Uyeno

I know more people have told me they have already signed up then Dave has on file, so maybe you just did not add to the comments that you were part of the NorCal group or you registered but have not paid. They only have 4 more instructors available for the event on Saturday, so if you are a novice like myself and need instruction you need to hurry or sign up for Sunday.

I will email you all shortly.

Thanks

3. hagakure (both days)
6. smack (both day)
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
21.cokofellah
22. Lief (Saturday)

Garrick

smack
01-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Sean MacKenzie-paid jan.3rd

dohcvtec
01-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Mike Outland = ME! :)

DB8GSR
01-27-2005, 09:00 AM

You know Wilson, I never thought about inviting them. I will give them a call tomorrow.

I see a response from shiv on Evom.

How about the 5th of March? Just realized that there is a track day at T-hill on the 26th and 27th that i plan to attend.

shiv

Is he really going?!? :D

brwnrice
01-27-2005, 10:20 AM
when is the last possible day to sign up for this event?

vtluu
01-27-2005, 10:51 AM
If you're in the novice group, the last possible day is the last day there's an instructor available. Otherwise, Feb. 5 is the last possible day to get the "early-bird" discount; otherwise I think you can pretty much register right up until the event... but don't take my word for it.

Kimbo63
01-27-2005, 02:38 PM

How about the 5th of March? Just realized that there is a track day at T-hill on the 26th and 27th that i plan to attend.

shiv

Shiv will be there, I'll be with him in my Stage 2 WRX :D

wilson1
01-27-2005, 03:27 PM

shiv

Is he going to bring the red car?

leif
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM

shiv

lol kim... hasn't shiv told you about this place?

(i was the only white guy at shivs house the day there were a million people playing video games there)

Kimbo63
01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Is he going to bring the red car?

He may be, he may not :wink:

lol kim... hasn't shiv told you about this place?

(i was the only white guy at shivs house the day there were a million people playing video games there)

lol, he has told me a "few" things (nascoon!! :shock: ) :lol:

garrick70
01-27-2005, 05:27 PM
when is the last possible day to sign up for this event?

You can sign up any time prior to the event if it is not full; however, if you are a novice and need instuction. Dave currently only has 4 instuctors left for Saturday. Plenty of room on Sunday tho.

Garrick

garrick70
01-27-2005, 05:35 PM
O.K. Here is the updated list with people that have paid.

1. garrick70 (Both Days!) paid
3. hagakure (both days) paid
4. vtluu (as long as nothing breaks) paid
6. smack (both day) paid
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
20.dohcvtec (Both Days!!) paid
21.cokofellah
22. Lief (Saturday)
23. dyuyeno paid

If you have paid, but it does not show on the list. Please let me know so I can inform Dave at NCRC. He is trying to make sure we have enough instructors for people who need it, and saving a place for us on the tarmac.

Garrick

leif
01-27-2005, 06:18 PM
lol, he has told me a "few" things (nascoon!! :shock: ) :lol:

lol hey that's high strength...

JanSolo
01-27-2005, 07:16 PM
I want to go just to video tape the possible fisticuffs. :brawl:

NorCalCiv
01-27-2005, 11:20 PM
I'd like to take out the Civic, but i want to get my track rims and tires first. so we'll see how much overtime I get till then. i guess i dont need to register the civic with the Evos anyway.

earlyapex
02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if you guys are getting special pricing or something but....

$280 + $40 non member cost!?!?!?!?

For thill?

holy.....

vtluu
02-02-2005, 08:17 PM
I haven't read this whole thread
Read this whole thread.

Even at the full cost, I'd still recommend it especially for beginners. The driver is the most complex, most difficult and most critical part of the system to "tune". If there's any part you shouldn't be skimping on, it's you. I (and many much more experienced drivers that I know) give NCRC top marks for safety and quality of instruction.

A lot of clubs (e.g. Speed Ventures) may have an "instructor" sit with you your first session, and after that you're on your own. To that approach I say, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." On your 2nd or 3rd session, when you think you know what you're doing, is exactly when you most need to have an instructor there telling you what you're doing right and what you need to correct before it becomes a major problem. Otherwise, you get out there overconfident, you develop bad habits without knowing it, and then finally they accumulate to the point where the car finally gets away from you, you don't know what to do and end up wadding up your $30000 toy. Then you'll wish you'd spent the extra $100 to have an instructor sit next to you and tell, two sessions ago, "Don't do that, you came out okay but if you'd done that at speed you would have gone off" (as I've been told now and again).

Anyway, that's my rant. If you already know what you're doing, sure, I guess you might be better served by running with someone else. The other benefit I'd point out to a slightly higher entry fee is that they can afford to keep the run groups smaller. The track is less crowded and you get more seat time.

garrick70
02-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if you guys are getting special pricing or something but....

$280 + $40 non member cost!?!?!?!?

For thill?

holy.....

I think vtluu said it well. I am a novice to track days, and I have heard nothing but praise for the way NCRC runs events. This is a great opportunity for everyone to get together in a friendly enviroment with quality instruction without overcrowding. You can always choose to for for just one day if you like, and the $40.00 membership fee is discounted from the total cost.

Eclipse
02-02-2005, 09:32 PM
thill=t(hunder)hill

It's usually Laguna Seca or Infineon that costs that much. With BW and thill being more budget friendly tracks.

garrick70
02-02-2005, 09:45 PM
thill=t(hunder)hill

It's usually Laguna Seca or Infineon that costs that much. With BW and thill being more budget friendly tracks.

The cost is for 2 full days. If you are a new member the $40.00 membership fee is waived. All of the info is in the complete thread. you have the opportunity to go for just 1 day as well.

earlyapex
02-03-2005, 12:15 AM
thill=t(hunder)hill

The cost is for 2 full days. If you are a new member the $40.00 membership fee is waived. All of the info is in the complete thread. you have the opportunity to go for just 1 day as well.

If it really was $280 for both days then great price but the site says $480 for 2 days.

Although.. I do agree with what vtluu said about if you are a novice than you should pay the extra cash for instruction. Well said vtluu and I couldn't agree more.

I think I have just been spoiled with under $200 track days for the last couple years. :)

vtluu
02-03-2005, 12:40 AM
I paid $245 ($280 minus the $35 early-bird special, and I'm already a member) so I think that's a pretty reasonable price for what I'm getting. Laguna Seca cost me $285 but it was money well-spent, IMO.

earlyapex (and others): from page 7 of this thread (which I agree is a bit arduous even to skim through, though I just did :P):

Dave
Special pricing ends this Saturday, so act now!

smack
02-03-2005, 01:50 AM
I paid $245 ($280 minus the $35 early-bird special, and I'm already a member) so I think that's a pretty reasonable price for what I'm getting. Laguna Seca cost me $285 but it was money well-spent, IMO.

and that will be cheap for this year.
laguna is doing some construction and the open track/drivers ed guys are
the ones paying the price. last i heard the track is loosing 6 weeks of
track time so they did a lottery type draw for the available spots and
some groups didn't get dates at all(audi being one of those)if they missed
out in the draw. so now even if dates open up they will be last minute and
thus low attendance. this isn't a bad thing for track time but you're paying
twice as much if you only can get half the drivers to commit to a date.
the groups that did get dates know they can get a bit more money this
year because of the lack of dates as well. so if you can get on laguna for
under $300/day you are doing alright.

vtluu is on the money though...
there is no substitute for seat time with an instructor.

another fun thing with people who think they have it all
figured out is learning a bit in the dry then not realizing just
how dramatically things change in the wet. going off sideways in the mud
can be an easy way to end up on your roof. a wet track is great to learn
car control on though because everything happens at a much lower speed.

wet or dry, t-hill should be a blast with all these evos out there!
can't wait to meet everyone.

garrick70
02-03-2005, 08:25 PM
If it really was $280 for both days then great price but the site says $480 for 2 days.

Although.. I do agree with what vtluu said about if you are a novice than you should pay the extra cash for instruction. Well said vtluu and I couldn't agree more.

I think I have just been spoiled with under $200 track days for the last couple years. :)

Here is the official pricing that is good for new members of NCRC who register prior to February 5th. . This is a quote from earlier in this post.

Dave

evoredy
02-04-2005, 01:16 PM

6. smack (both day) paid
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy
21.cokofellah
22. Lief (Saturday)
23. dyuyeno paid

If you have paid, but it does not show on the list. Please let me know so I can inform Dave at NCRC. He is trying to make sure we have enough instructors for people who need it, and saving a place for us on the tarmac.

Garrick

please update this list. i paid today with paypal JUST before the early bird deadline. I am going for Saturday ONLY for instruction. :cop:

leif
02-05-2005, 03:28 AM
im confused..how much is it? on page 9 there's a quote saying its 162 bux for one day, im sure as hell not tryin to pay 240 or some foolish price just to run a thill, its not that prestious of a track.

vtluu
02-05-2005, 04:55 AM
im sure as hell not tryin to pay 240 or some foolish price just to run a thill, its not that prestious of a track.
:chatter: :roll:

Planning on testing the new roll bar, are we?

smack
02-05-2005, 11:17 AM
im confused..how much is it? on page 9 there's a quote saying its 162 bux for one day, im sure as hell not tryin to pay 240 or some foolish price just to run a thill, its not that prestious of a track.

just curious, have you driven on any track before?

wilson1
02-05-2005, 12:23 PM
paid!

Their website signup is very confusing though!
:?

leif
02-05-2005, 01:55 PM

just curious, have you driven on any track before?

yes.

ok maybe i was a bit harsh, thill is a good track, but 240 is a lot for any one day event. nasa is 150 and ive never had any problem with too many cars on the track, or getting help from instructors when out there. i enjoy trackign my car just as much as the rest of you, but i dont have money flowing through my veins to go whenever i want and to spend as much as i want, so i tend to go with my friends to nasa events because they all run in that, however i *thought* it might be fun to run with a group of evos for a change. my appologies.

so back to my original question......162 or 240 for ONE day?

and yes tam thats exactly wut i plan on doing, by not spending 80 more dollars to drive at the same track i will with nasa later on, this ensures i will flip my car :roll:

wilson1
02-05-2005, 03:51 PM
t be fun to run with a group of evos for a change. my appologies.

so back to my original question......162 or 240 for ONE day?

Leif,

It's 162!

smack
02-05-2005, 04:11 PM
ok maybe i was a bit harsh, thill is a good track, but 240 is a lot for any one day event. nasa is 150 and ive never had any problem with too many cars on the track, or getting help from instructors when out there. i enjoy trackign my car just as much as the rest of you, but i dont have money flowing through my veins to go whenever i want and to spend as much as i want, so i tend to go with my friends to nasa events because they all run in that, however i *thought* it might be fun to run with a group of evos for a change. my appologies.

i didn't mean for that to sound like it did. it was just interesting that the way your statement
came across, you judged the dollar value of the track time by the percieved "prestige" of the
track not the quaility, layout, or even amount of fun or lack of from a previous event.

it's almost the same idea of buying a car based on the badge on the hood and nothing else.

also i am glad you do have track experience because your opinions on your new rollbar
will actually be based on something other than looks :D

sorry again for sounding like i was cracking on you.

peace
sean

leif
02-05-2005, 04:32 PM
^ its cool. no worries.

ok thanks wilson, im all signed up and paid now, see you guys out there.

boonielander
02-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Through the convincing voice of reason, Wilson has swayed me into signing up for the THill event. Therefore, please add one more to the PAID list...

I am new to EVO ownership and am looking forward to meeting you all at the track. I've met just a couple guys at a Vishnu dyno day, but I can't wait until the track day.

Eddie J. :D

wilson1
02-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Through the convincing voice of reason, Wilson has swayed me into signing up for the THill event. Therefore, please add one more to the PAID list...

I am new to EVO ownership and am looking forward to meeting you all at the track. I've met just a couple guys at a Vishnu dyno day, but I can't wait until the track day.

Wow, Eddie, great that you sign up!
Can't wait to see everyone again .
Especially robi and shiv! :wink:

boonielander
02-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Where are all you guys staying for Friday night?

Do you guys and girls want to have dinner that night together?

Eddie. :shock:

vtluu
02-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Staying at the Amerihost. Nice rooms and free wireless Internet. :lol: Anybody want to split a room Friday night?

Dinner probably a no-go for me as I won't be there until 10pm or so...

garrick70
02-06-2005, 09:26 AM

Wow, Eddie, great that you sign up!
Can't wait to see everyone again .
Especially robi and shiv! :wink:

Wilson,

Are you signed up for the event??

I got you on the list boonielander, and welcome to the forum!!

6. smack (both day) paid
7. geminix3 ( Saturday)
8. xchoirboy (maybe)
9. jbenosa (Saturday)
13. Warpspeed (maybe)
14. Wilson1 (Saturday)
15. 2befast
16. ob4 (Saturday)
18. neogenetik (maybe)
19. evoredy paid
21.cokofellah
22. Lief (Saturday)
23. dyuyeno paid
24. Boonielander paid

hagakure
02-06-2005, 09:53 AM
What groups are folks running in? I'm running in either the limited/solo group or the pass-by group, still TBD.....

Percy

wilson1
02-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Wilson,

Are you signed up for the event??

Yessir!

boonielander
02-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Amerihost it is...

I'll see you all there.

Tam,
I would share a room, but I think the GF will be coming along as well. I don't know about you, but three on a king may be a little too cozy.

vtluu
02-06-2005, 07:24 PM
I would share a room, but I think the GF will be coming along as well. I don't know about you, but three on a king may be a little too cozy.
:3some: heheheh j/k!

Well there are two beds to a room, and well if you want to well, get cozy with your GF ;) I'll just pretend to be asleep. It wasn't that long ago that I was in shared dorm rooms in college. :lol:

wilson1
02-06-2005, 11:29 PM

Well there are two beds to a room, and well if you want to well, get cozy with your GF ;) I'll just pretend to be asleep. It wasn't that long ago that I was in shared dorm rooms in college. :lol:

dohcvtec
02-07-2005, 10:27 AM
i think me and my g/f are staying at the motel 6. i also wont be up there until around 10p.m. or so. i'll be driving in the limited group that weekend. look out for a lil black honda del sol on yer ass. ;)

hagakure
02-07-2005, 10:45 AM
I've seen a few badass little Del sols at a few events!
See ya there.

Percy

tracknut
02-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Just a head's up, guys... I got home from vacation this morning to about 8 signups and payments from this group, and it's going to be very hard for me to find 8 more instructors for Saturday. I'll be working on it, but no guarantees yet.

Dave

leif
02-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Just a head's up, guys... I got home from vacation this morning to about 8 signups and payments from this group, and it's going to be very hard for me to find 8 more instructors for Saturday. I'll be working on it, but no guarantees yet.

Dave

ino i put a request in for tutoring or whatever it was called, but if you cant find one dont worry about it, ill be fine.

vishnu_evo8
02-08-2005, 06:01 PM
i just signed up 2 days ago as well. $162 right? i signed up for sat

wilson1
02-08-2005, 06:02 PM

Dave

Dave,

What does that means?

vtluu
02-08-2005, 06:05 PM
i just signed up 2 days ago as well. $162 right? i signed up for sat
The early-bird pricing expired on Feb. 5, so if you signed up 2 days ago the price would have been higher... Not sure exactly how much or if the 1st-timer discount still applies or what, though.

What does that means?
It means you won't be able to run on the day you chose if they don't have an instructor for you and you're running in the "Limited w/Instruction" group. Either you'll have the option of running on Sunday, or you'll get your payment refunded. Happened to me last year when I tried to register a bit too late for a THill event.

We've been talking about this event for over two months now so people had plenty of time to get registered and paid up... :roll:

vishnu_evo8
02-08-2005, 06:06 PM
on i signed up on teh 5th..
so i guess that was 3 days ago!... oh i have aquestion.. what class groups will be running, and how do we request a certain group?

vtluu
02-08-2005, 06:13 PM
so i guess that was 3 days ago!... oh i have aquestion.. what class groups will be running, and how do we request a certain group?
When you registered with NCRC the form asked you about your previous track experience and I think they'll assess what group you should run in. When you signed up for the event there was a box to check off to request instruction. But if you're in the "Limited w/Instruction" (a.k.a. Novice) group, you have to have an instructor. If you have a fair bit of experience what can happen is that they'll start you out in the novice group, have an instructor ride along and once they verify that you know what you're doing, they can sign you off to run in the next higher group.

leif
02-08-2005, 06:23 PM
on i signed up on teh 5th..

monkey...check that email account we made...u probly have somethign in there dealing with that.

vishnu_evo8
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
crap im screwed i need to email em.. loli dont wana get stuck in the beginner group! hey vtluu.. i am in nasa div 4 and about to get my competition lisence.. so i want to run in a higher group with no passing limitations. do u think i should email them and ask or do u know if there is another way to request a group?

vtluu
02-08-2005, 06:52 PM
crap im screwed i need to email em.. loli dont wana get stuck in the beginner group! hey vtluu.. i am in nasa div 4 and about to get my competition lisence.. so i want to run in a higher group with no passing limitations. do u think i should email them and ask or do u know if there is another way to request a group?
In the worst case, I don't think you'll be "stuck" with a lower group if you can demonstrate enough skill and know-how. But yeah, E-mail Dave ([email protected]) if you're clearly ready for a higher group, that way you'll free up an instructor for some of us who need one. :)

vishnu_evo8
02-08-2005, 06:56 PM
thx.. i emailed him just now... oh yeah are we allowed to pick your own numbers?

tracknut
02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I've got a couple more instructors and have a couple more of you guys in. Just to clarify some confusion that I'm seeing on the registrations, I do need folks to fill out the membership and event registration forms, not to just send me money. That way I get your contact info, track experience, etc, all of which I need to get you registered.

Thanks,
Dave

vishnu_evo8
02-09-2005, 02:19 PM
i think people got scared to fill out reg when they saw the 40 buks.. but now we know you fellas have waived that fee. thx!! :D

vtluu
02-10-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm switching to Sunday since I figure I'd be better off working on the rally car on Saturday (when more shops will be open), with the Goodsprings Rally being the following weekend.

boonielander
02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
i think me and my g/f are staying at the motel 6. i also wont be up there until around 10p.m. or so. i'll be driving in the limited group that weekend. look out for a lil black honda del sol on yer ass. ;)

Why aren't you bringing the EVO? I have the same car/year/color, but I'm leaving my 97 ITR at home.

boonielander
02-10-2005, 09:12 PM

Tam,
I guess we'll just have to get separate rooms. I was in grad school not that long ago...and I woke up to get some OJ only to hear funny noises...

Yikes.

dohcvtec
02-10-2005, 10:03 PM

Why aren't you bringing the EVO? I have the same car/year/color, but I'm leaving my 97 ITR at home.
because i have decided to make the honda strictly a track car. i made a pact to myself to not take the evo onto the track for at least a year. dont ask me why, i don't know. i think i just need a reason to justify keeping the honda. lol :D

p.s. anyone want to buy an R powered del sol w/free spare b16 longblock? :P

vtluu
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Tam,
I guess we'll just have to get separate rooms. I was in grad school not that long ago...and I woke up to get some OJ only to hear funny noises...

Yikes.
Ah, yes, the smell of pot and sounds of sex from the room next door... Sadly that was about the most exciting part of my college existence. :lol: :cry:

Anyway I've switched to Sunday so I'll just be there Saturday night.

wilson1
02-11-2005, 12:29 AM

Tam,

Yikes.

leif
02-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Ah, yes, the smell of pot and sounds of sex from the room next door... Sadly that was about the most exciting part of my college existence. :lol: :cry:

Anyway I've switched to Sunday so I'll just be there Saturday night.

shit tell me about it, the guy next door to me blazes a couple of times a day. fortunatly he spends most nights at his gf's place. his room mate just got a sub tho, man, when im trying to sleep in at 12 (in the afternoon..lol) all i hear is that knocking agaisnt our shared wall.

too bad ur skipping saturday tam, guess ill hear about it from you on here monday. i wish i could do both days, but id have to drive back from willows to home then back to santa cruz and thats just bad news.

dohcvtec
02-11-2005, 10:32 AM
i just realized i'm going to a private track day on March 1st at TH also. damn, 3 days of tracking the car over a 4 day period! :shock:

vtluu
02-11-2005, 10:58 AM
i just realized i'm going to a private track day on March 1st at TH also. damn, 3 days of tracking the car over a 4 day period! :shock:
Nice! Be sure to bring extra brake pads, and fluid. Make sure you have enough rotors to last the 3 days too.

dohcvtec
02-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Nice! Be sure to bring extra brake pads, and fluid. Make sure you have enough rotors to last the 3 days too.
i always do. i learned my lesson the first time i ever went to the track, ate completely through, to the backing plates of my front brakes. that was an interesting ride home....

garrick70
02-11-2005, 10:39 PM
WOW!! Im gone for a week, and this thread explodes!! :shock: :D

tracknut
02-11-2005, 10:43 PM
At this point I think I have everyone registered, if you've sent money. So let me know if I missed anyone! We're closed for novices needing instruction on Saturday, but Sunday is still available.

This is going to be a fun event!

Thanks
Dave

hagakure
02-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Should be a lot of fun....but the long range forcast is for rain both days...pray for sunshine!! Not as much fun when it's pouring.

Percy

wilson1
02-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Should be a lot of fun....but the long range forcast is for rain both days...pray for sunshine!! Not as much fun when it's pouring.

Percy

bummer!

garrick70
02-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, my injury woes continue. Many of you know that I had injured my left foot back in October, and later I found out that I had fractured the fibia in two places. After an extended time off work, and what I thought was a good recovery, I was informed that one of the fractures has not healed correctly and will need surgery. I am scheduled to have the surgery done on Friday the 18th and will be out of commission for 8-12 weeks. I was hoping to postpone the surgery until after this event, but it is a work related injury, and I do not have much say in the matter. I also need to get it done so I can get back to work asap.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful time at this event, and cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I am that I will not be ab le to attend after working with Dave to put this together. My wife said she will drive me up to Thunderhill on Saturday (crutches and all) to watch and hang out with you folks if my doctor will allow it.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe,

Garrick.

wilson1
02-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Well, my injury woes continue. Many of you know that I had injured my left foot back in October, and later I found out that I had fractured the fibia in two places. After an extended time off work, and what I thought was a good recovery, I was informed that one of the fractures has not healed correctly and will need surgery. I am scheduled to have the surgery done on Friday the 18th and will be out of commission for 8-12 weeks. I was hoping to postpone the surgery until after this event, but it is a work related injury, and I do not have much say in the matter. I also need to get it done so I can get back to work asap.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful time at this event, and cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I am that I will not be ab le to attend after working with Dave to put this together. My wife said she will drive me up to Thunderhill on Saturday (crutches and all) to watch and hang out with you folks if my doctor will allow it.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe,

Garrick.

Oh man, Garrick!

That really is diasppointing, but injury do comes first. Hope all goes well, and will see you on saturday!

Wilson

boonielander
02-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Garrick,

This just means you'll have to rent an automatic Mustang (or some other half-decent car) and run on the track with RIGHT foot only. :lol:
Just because your left foot says "no go..." doesn't mean you can't have fun at the track!

Seriously, one time I went to Laguna Seca and this guy had his Viper in the shop...so he brings out the rental (Dodge Stratus?) and tear up the H-rated tires on track. It was like watching D1 drifting but in slooowww motion...

Eddie.

garrick70
02-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Garrick,

This just means you'll have to rent an automatic Mustang (or some other half-decent car) and run on the track with RIGHT foot only. :lol:
Just because your left foot says "no go..." doesn't mean you can't have fun at the track!

Seriously, one time I went to Laguna Seca and this guy had his Viper in the shop...so he brings out the rental (Dodge Stratus?) and tear up the H-rated tires on track. It was like watching D1 drifting but in slooowww motion...

Eddie.

hahaha.... Maybe Ill just race my wife's 4runner. It is a "sport" edition. :D

smack
02-14-2005, 12:12 AM
garrick,

i don't know dave's rules about passengers but if it ok you can catch a ride ot two with me.
i'm sure others would be willing as well.
get well soon man and thanks for getting the word out on this event!

sean

dohcvtec
02-18-2005, 06:13 PM
hey, my buddy wants to try and go also. he would have the same experience as i do, which it looks like you still have openings for. could he still register? and how much for both days? or just 1 day? he too would be a new member.
thanks!

tracknut
02-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Mike, if there's someone with the same experience as you, then yes we have spots - just a couple - left on Saturday. Sunday's no problem. Have him register fast though if he wants to. It would be $185 for one day, $330 for two at this point.

Passenger rules are that anyone allowed to run solo (ie not instructed) may have a passenger for a session or two. So yes Garrick, if you can make it up, you can absolutely have rides :driving:

Dave

dohcvtec
02-19-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the quick response Dave!

vtluu
02-22-2005, 02:46 AM
Weather outlook seems good for this weekend: http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USCA1244&from=search_10day

Hopefully things will stay dry...

dohcvtec
02-22-2005, 11:24 AM
i was going to post the same... thank god, i hate driving that stupid honda when its wet out. :)

dohcvtec
02-23-2005, 11:21 AM
30% chance of percipitation on sunday now :\ hopefully it stays clear.

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=95988

hagakure
02-24-2005, 06:22 PM
So,

What is the final list of Evo drivers that will be at T-hill this weekend? Should be lots of fun, see you all there.

Percy

leif
02-24-2005, 11:19 PM
ill be there with the vishnu crew saturday. kim & shiv, dustin and whoever else will be there sunday too.

smack
02-25-2005, 05:25 AM
anyone getting there friday night?
what time? early enough for some drinks? :)

dohcvtec
02-25-2005, 10:35 AM
i'll be there friday night, we're staying at the motel 6. probably wont be there until like 10:30 or so, but i'm always down for drinks! :)

vtluu
02-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, everybody running tomorrow, have fun & keep the shiny side up! :skid:

smack
02-25-2005, 11:10 PM
i'm here at the amerihost hotel right now. went to the bar earlier but
didn't really see any evo people. maybe they were there but didn't look
like i thought they would :lol:

i know some are here because i saw a yellow works car in the parking lot.

anyway, hope to meet everyone tomorrow.

sean

wilson1
02-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey Sean,

I saw a silver evo there, though it was you.
but can't find anyone here either :?

Oh well, guess we will meet up tomorrow!

What time are u heading out?

evoredy
02-26-2005, 10:06 PM
i just want to say this track day was an excellent experience and I will make it a point to register as long as my schedule permits.

my instructor told me I was way better than him on his first time. 8)

sorry I missed the pre-race festivities and if I screwed up your hot lap when i was flagging everyone to pass my novice ass. :P

and hopefully everyone is safe/ok at home right now or getting ready for day 2.

vtluu
02-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Well, I got to Willows and headed over to the Casa Ramos restaurant where I knew the NCRC folks would be hanging out. Looks like a very bad day for Evos today. Two white ones rolled, Snorre's son and someone named "Eddie". Thankfully no-one was hurt. Wilson's Evo blew a piston. :cry:

Let's hope things go better tomorrow...

JanSolo
02-27-2005, 12:09 AM
I think I might have some pics of the rolled Evos. Scary stuff.

leif
02-27-2005, 12:35 AM
yeah that was fun today... my "coach" only had this to say: "i can't really tell you anything cuz you're already pretty good, so just keep at it"... sweet.

sorry to those who flipped their cars.... remember, if you cant correct the spin, put the wheel strait and two feet in (brake and clutch), dont fight it cuz you WILL go sideways into the mud.

e8
02-27-2005, 12:36 AM
oh man.. how'd they get rolled? what happened?

my guess is going off track sideways and hitting some soft ground...

GokuSSJ4
02-27-2005, 01:03 AM
too bad i couldn't make it :? didnt have the things i need it in time :cry:
best of luck out there, and drive safe

JanSolo
02-27-2005, 01:37 AM
http://www.jansolo.com/albums/Thunderhill-Feb-27-05/crashed1.sized.jpg

http://www.jansolo.com/albums/Thunderhill-Feb-27-05/crashed2.sized.jpg

http://www.jansolo.com/albums/Thunderhill-Feb-27-05/crashed3.sized.jpg

http://www.jansolo.com/albums/Thunderhill-Feb-27-05/crashed_lifted1.sized.jpg

http://www.jansolo.com/albums/Thunderhill-Feb-27-05/crashed_lifted2.sized.jpg

http://www.jansolo.com/albums/Thunderhill-Feb-27-05/crashed_lifted3.sized.jpg