PDA

View Full Version : An Unfortunate Event

Elmo908
12-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Oct 21, 2004 - My divorced mother, Jill, died at age 49 suddenly at work. I was told by my Uncle and promptly flew to Massachusettes, where my mother lived and most of her family resides. I was, and still am, 18 years old when my mother passed away. I was told however I would be recieving some large digits because of my loss.

Dec 12, 2004 - I am a full time student who lives in Forestville, CA of Sonoma County. I have been working every day that I haven't had school for the past few years, and have saved enough money to almost afford a 3rd Gen Rx-7. My current car is a slightly modified 73 Datsun 240Z. After attending a few Autocross meets, my desire for high performance sports cars was solidified. After finding out the fact that a large sum of money was headed my waybecause of my mother tragic death,, my mind dived into the large market of affordable sports cars. The factor I felt was most important was practicality, I figured the Rx-7 could wait because they are rather expensive cars to maintain. I considered perhaps a used WRX, but when I was confronted with an old friend from school and the car his new job had allowed him to purchase, I knew that the Evo was the car that I had to have. We arranged a meeting to test out his fresh 05 Rally Red Evo MR. I was awe struck. We took a nice wine country run on Martinelli Rd., just outside of Forestville, CA. The performance of the car was nothing I had experienced before. The level of comfort while performing mind boggling driving is something I have never felt before in a car. The high pitched scream of the engine felt like I was sitting next to tommy makinen himself.

Dec 16, 2004 - I have found that my accounts will not be accessible until a quarter into next year which will be good because I don't want to become too spendy immediately. This also has drawbacks as well because I will miss out on the very rare MR Edition which has the very clean Bistein/BBS wheel combo. I have been busting my ass at a highly rated restaurant titled the Farmhouse Inn for the past year and making a substantial increase in my income. I have also made a connection at San Rafael Mitsubishi which will be opening a shop soon to tune Evos. Therefore I can maintain warranty and have their recommendation for keeping mechanical reliability at a maximum. I also inquired about a evo with HID, Infinity Stereo and Leather except for the seats. My man said he will look into that when it comes time to ordering the Evo. I just love the idea of a sedan with plenty of room, a reliable engine and outstanding performance. So I will post the progress of the next few months that will lead to the purchase of my first brand new car, my first true sports car, my Lancer Evolution 8.

Elmo908
12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Dec 17, 2004 - Today was a rather successful night, I have made nearly 600 dollars at work for just 3 nights. I'm going to get a new engine for my Z because the current 2.4 liter is pooping out on me. I have been saving for a while so I have enough money to have a shop in Petaluma, CA install a 2.8 liter with a cammed high compression 2.4 liter head. I may opt for some triple weber side drafts, for optimum fuel delivery, but I was considering getting a full coil-over suspension and fix my rear brakes that have been worn out for some time. Thank god for Toyota 4x4 Truck calipers and cross drilled rotors because my car still stops on a dime with only the front wheels. So a rear disk brake conversion may be in order. I simple install with the help of a sawz-all. And the stock wheels with wider tires just won't cut it with the new power unlocked. I may end up blowing all the money I saved if this new engine is pleasing. I have never really experienced what a well modded Z is capable of. When the Z is back on the road after that I will probably have enough money saved back up to do a well needed head gasket replacement and timing chain conversion to my Yota 4x4. My good friend from school has a connection for wholesale off road parts so I can get a locker in the front differential and get that sucker raised. I can't believe how easy it is to dump money into cars. I always prefer cars that have a large aftermarket support. It is satisfying to know that your automobile is performing at its best.