PDA

View Full Version : Recommended alignment shops in sac and settings?

Evo916
12-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey everyone! Can anyone refer a good alignment place? I also would like to know the recommended camber/toe settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Chris

carbonevo8
12-17-2004, 09:58 AM
im in the same boat as you. im looking to get some good camber and no toe in my alignment. basicly i want the car to handel great but not to eat up my tires. either way if some one could give us some good recomendations that would be great. i know WORKS knows what they are doing but thats a little far for me.

vtluu
12-17-2004, 10:23 AM
For good handling and turn-in, I'd recommend max out the front negative camber as the stock eccentric bolt allows (giving you about 1.5 to 2 degrees), a bit (0.1 degrees) of toe-out in front, about 1 degree of negative camber in back and zero toe. Note that this will affect tire wear (the insides of the front tires will wear faster) and make handling a bit more "nervous" on the street (don't let go of the wheel!) though still totally manageable. IMO.

hagakure
12-17-2004, 11:46 AM
The works camber plates really help for a good track allignment. Mine was done by Roger Krause in hayward, and I'm running-2.6 in the front...
It did help a lot when I maxed out the front by getting as much out of the stock bolt, however...good advice.

Percy

hagakure
12-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Another issue when running a lot of negative camber, especially in the front. If you have so, so street tires on (I have ES-100's) the tires feel even MORE lifeless than they are when pusing hard. My RA-1's get to use much more of their potential at the track, however. So, there are trade offs, as their always are when dialing in more aggression into a set-up.

Percy

warpspeed
12-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Negative cambers gives you good handling but for driving in the street, it's not really good. Like Tam said your inner tires will wear out fast. Since I've done alignments back in the days, going with the stock specs. is fine. Negative camber is only good for the track with alot of turns. Unless of course the public highways is your track :wink: :lol: .