PDA

View Full Version : Request change of court? (my first Evo speeding ticket)

sprytsi
03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Can I request for it to be heard at my local court? I asked the cop if I could request a change of venue to contra costa county and he said no, them talked to me about trial by written declaration.

The cop must have been hidden with his lights off because I was looking out for him and he came up behind me out of nowhere. He put down 89 in a 65, i was on 80W in Fairfield at 2am coming back from the concert in Sac.

I hoped to at least go a month without a speeding ticket, only made it 3 weeks :(
I'm getting a V1 for my b-day in April

awdaddict
03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Seems like Hwy 80 is the hot zone. Especially the Fairfield area.
Last couple trips to Thill/Davis I've seen squad of CHP around Fairfield area pulling cars over.
I'm talking about 5-6 CHP in a 1/4 mile zone w/ each pulling over a car.

Just do Trial by Written declaration, it's much easier, and less time wasted.

noypiC50
03-28-2008, 10:46 AM
aw man that blows good luck

sprytsi
03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't want to do Trial by Written Declaration unless I have to because you have to pay the full fine then go through the process.

I would like to change the venue to Walnut Creek since that would be easiest for me and would deter the cop from appearing.

SavageEvo8
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
aint gonna happen man, two options on getting this handled, local or written

sorry for your dilemma

awdaddict
03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't want to do Trial by Written Declaration unless I have to because you have to pay the full fine then go through the process.

I would like to change the venue to Walnut Creek since that would be easiest for me and would deter the cop from appearing.

My last one got a default win because I suppose the officer didn't submit his.
Got my refund back, no biggie.

Stamp is < gas + PTO to show up for court.

Segfault
03-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I believe you could've gotten the ticket changed to your court. CVC 40502(b) I think allows that, and the officer shouldn't have said no. But now that you're waiting for the notice, you might be outta luck. Your only real bet is trial by written declaration and do each part as late as possible. The harder it is for the officer to recall the better.

Sfkn2
03-28-2008, 05:43 PM
I agree with Rob.. trial by written declaration.

Take a look at www.ticketassassin.com

sprytsi
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I'll haveto look up the code and use it to change the venue (if I can). If the officer denied me something I can actually do then I hope they will allow it after the fact.

I'm waiting for my notice and doing research.

Segfault
03-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Trial by written declaration worked for me (Thanks to TicketAssassin for the forms and help).