PDA

View Full Version : ....I Don't Get It. Where Are All The Vendors??

DirectorSe7en
04-03-2008, 12:49 PM
It seems like there are few advertisers/vendors on NCE. In order for me to get my info I have to either hit up SCE or EvoM.

Now I can understand why EvoM would trump all other Evo forums in terms of attained advertisers due to it's national scale, but even SoCalEvo.net has more vendors/advertisers then NCE.

They're constantly being updated by Vendors about Evo X Parts, or VIII and IX parts. But here there's relatively nothing....

Surely people know about NCE? Or is there more to the story....?

earlyapex aka jack ass
04-03-2008, 12:57 PM
What type of information are you seeking?

steevo8
04-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Umm we dont really have many evo owners to sell evo parts to in norcal. Drive past marin and youll be lucky to see more then one from marin to Oregon.

DirectorSe7en
04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, just general product updates. Particularly about the Evo X.

ETS, Agency Power, Buschur, AMS, WORKS, and others are developing performance parts and there's never any update on these forums by them as they are not paying Advertisers. Unless Wilson posts up and let's us know.... :lol:

uhoh_evo
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I dun get the question. Are you asking why we have less input from vendors? All you have to do is ask and i'm sure you'll get an answer. It just happens to be that those questions were already asked on those sites.

We all know you love to talk C-Bass. Just ask. No such thing as a stupid question right?

ZK
04-03-2008, 01:28 PM
This is a local site... EvoM is national. Why repeat the same information everywhere? Most people who would be shopping for parts would check on EvoM unless it is a local special or sale they advertise here.

DirectorSe7en
04-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I dun get the question. Are you asking why we have less input from vendors?

No, I'm asking why there aren't as many registered Vendors and advertisers on NCE as there are on SCE. And why manufacuters like ETS and others don't advertise that they just made a new part for sale here but they do on SCE.

This is a local site... EvoM is national. Why repeat the same information everywhere? Most people who would be shopping for parts would check on EvoM unless it is a local special or sale they advertise here.

You repeat the information to make sure all audiences have seen it. Same reason your likely to see the same commerical on 2 different channels.

ZK
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
You repeat the information to make sure all audiences have seen it. Same reason your likely to see the same commerical on 2 different channels.

Uhh... ok... I don't see why a vendor would register on 10 different regional boards just to get the word out. You know it costs money to be a vendor on a board? That's a lot of money to pay just to repeat the same thing.

DirectorSe7en
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
.....I guess, I just don't see why NCE got the shaft. If I were in business, $50 would be a small price to pay to ensure everyone knew your name.

They shouldn't assume I know to regularly check other forums for updates. It'd be nice to register on 1 forum and have all the information at the ready.

JDMevoBOOST
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
meh...not that hard to just click over to EvoM. Evo X parts are coming out with the quickness. ETS really stepped it up.

bricel24
04-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I'd say ban C-bass here and let him whore out EvoM and SCE since he gets more knowledge there anyway than here :lol:

chrisw
04-03-2008, 03:33 PM
.....I guess, I just don't see why NCE got the shaft. If I were in business, $50 would be a small price to pay to ensure everyone knew your name.

They shouldn't assume I know to regularly check other forums for updates. It'd be nice to register on 1 forum and have all the information at the ready.

It's more than $50, much more for sites like evom (with the larger audience, they can charge more)

Adding up all the different forum costs can be a significant portion of your monthly marketing budget.

steevo8
04-03-2008, 03:49 PM
who gives a shit? I think your one of few who wants that crap here. They dont advertise here cause we wouldn't buy enough of their crap. Same reason why you dont see pepsi adds on tv on Chanel 389956 at 4:00am. Honestly I think you need to look harder at why you hang out here so much and not evom. Add a bunch of vendors, which adds a bunch of out of the area idiots, then everything gets cluttered and the regulars start to drop off cause the morons get to be too much. Imo nce isn't the one getting shafted, its everyone else. If I need info I go to evom. If I want to bs online with cool people or have some questions I play here. No sense in having two evom's IMO.

awdaddict
04-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Because if you use a search engine... to search for "Evo" or "Evolution" + "forum"
Evolutionm.net would be on the top.

Duh...

Welcome to the internet and business/marketing 101? :?

DoggDicker
04-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, just general product updates. Particularly about the Evo X.

ETS, Agency Power, Buschur, AMS, WORKS, and others are developing performance parts and there's never any update on these forums by them as they are not paying Advertisers. Unless Wilson posts up and let's us know.... :lol:

Out of 5 that you listed...two are id10ts...and I think the majority of us VIII and IX owners just don't care about the X...maybe I'm wrong...but the X isn't selling...so good luck with that...

DD

DirectorSe7en
04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Out of 5 that you listed...two are id10ts...and I think the majority of us VIII and IX owners just don't care about the X...maybe I'm wrong...but the X isn't selling...so good luck with that...

Well, I don't know their business personally or their track records, just using them as an example as companies who are making parts. It seems the bigger issue is that no-one is driving the car yet. Maybe down the road.....

Because if you use a search engine... to search for "Evo" or "Evolution" + "forum"
Evolutionm.net would be on the top.

lol, you just reminded me of this pic.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/pic_11910375573266.jpg

DoggDicker
04-03-2008, 04:33 PM
That's funny...PM me the senders name if you have it...

DD

player67
04-04-2008, 10:39 AM
That's funny...PM me the senders name if you have it...

DD

Me too....

BTW C bass Im surprised you even know about socalevo or evom since youre on here so goddamn much. Whats the main problem? Is it that inconvenient for you to go on evom or socalevo? I'll admit it to, theres barely any info on here for my technical info needs so I go on evom. I dont care its because people here don't do mod X that I'm looking to so I go on evom where theres alot of info about mod X. We have all these vendors we needs on here in fact we have a couple too many that don't do shit but make NCE slower and don't provide any good info. But NCE has it's "bills" too. And for your EVO X needs? Yes more people than I thoguht have bought the evo x but have you seen how many people on evom have it? Have you seen the interest? Have you seen the special "EVO X" section? BTW Who is on top of things for the evo X? not many local vendors huh in fact most the shops you named are very avid on evom and don't even post here....so......go to the source, evom. Those east coast shops get more than enough advertisement and business from evom I don't think they even care of norcalevo and socalevo because that "$50" even though it's not 50 is not worth while to them to a population a couple thousand miles from them.

DirectorSe7en
04-04-2008, 10:50 AM
BTW C bass Im surprised you even know about socalevo or evom since youre on here so goddamn much.
pwn

Whats the main problem? Is it that inconvenient for you to go on evom or socalevo? I'll admit it to, theres barely any info on here for my technical info needs so I go on evom. I dont care its because people here don't do mod X that I'm looking to so I go on evom where theres alot of info about mod X.

We have all these vendors we needs on here in fact we have a couple too many that don't do shit but make NCE slower and don't provide any good info. But NCE has it's "bills" too. And for your EVO X needs? Yes more people than I thoguht have bought the evo x but have you seen how many people on evom have it? Have you seen the interest? Have you seen the special "EVO X" section? BTW Who is on top of things for the evo X?

Not many local vendors huh in fact most the shops you named are very avid on evom and don't even post here....so......go to the source, evom. Those east coast shops get more than enough advertisement and business from evom I don't think they even care of norcalevo and socalevo because that "$50" even though it's not 50 is not worth while to them to a population a couple thousand miles from them.

Makes sense....and I wasn't comparing directly to EvoM. In my original post I said I understand the differences between EvoM and NCE obviously. I was more comparing between SCE and NCE.

It just seems like a never-ending circle until someone changes something. They don't post here because no-one looks here, but no-one looks here because they don't post here.