PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Speeding Ticket (grumpy officer)

sprytsi
04-04-2008, 08:15 PM
CHP pulled me over on 24, followed me from 680S. The cop threatened wreckless driving and handcuffs right off the bat unless I was EXTREMELY cooperative. He asked my speed, I said "I dunno" then he threatened a felony again and said that wasn't good enough, so I told him 80mph but that I wasn't sure. He still wasn't satisfied, but I wouldn't give him anything else.

The officer gave me a huge lecture on wreckless driving and how he had to go 120mph to catch me, then wrote me a ticket for 95+ in a 65 and demanded that I do not fight it in court or he would tell the judge exactly what I was doing and make sure I got the maximum penalty. I agreed under duress and threat of imprisonment to his "gentleman's agreement".

I plan to fight it and file a complaint against the officer for threatening a civilian, unprofessional conduct, and trying to deny me the right to face him in court.

My wife isnt happy :( 2 tickets within a month of ownership, within a week of each other.

edit for grammar and he actually wrote "95+" on the ticket, completely unjustifiable

slimdatwelve209
04-04-2008, 08:16 PM
dame coming off the EVO you just got?

SubtleWordplay
04-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Damn! Get one of those taken care of with traffic school atleast.

That cop was a d1ck though!

DirectorSe7en
04-04-2008, 08:21 PM
What a moron, of course he would have to go faster then you to catch you.

If you pass me doing 80, then I get on the freeway from the shoulder and do 80, then I only maintain the same distance. In order to gain ground I would need to go much faster then your passing speed to catch up.

That cop = Dumb Fuck/Captain Obvious.

sprytsi
04-04-2008, 08:23 PM
dame coming off the EVO you just got?

Yup, finally get it and the police love me!

This guy was borderline crooked in his threats. I wasn't driving wreckless and I doubt he had to do 120 to catch me.

I was even wingless :(

sprytsi
04-04-2008, 08:26 PM

I'm going to fight both of them and the one I lose I will take traffic school with. I have no tickets on my record. He didn't radar me and any confession that he forced out of me in not submittable in court because it was coerced and done under duress of punishment. If he had a 'slam dunk' case of wreckless driving then he would have written me up for it.

mjstruck
04-04-2008, 08:31 PM
680 is filled with CHP. I haven't gotten a ticket there yet and I don't plan on getting one either (knock on wood). I rememberĀ* awhile back, I was going to speed up on the freeway, but decided not too, and then a CHP came up from behind and passed me. I hate cops who abuse their authority.

SmogMeEvo
04-04-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm going to fight both of them and the one I lose I will take traffic school with. I have no tickets on my record. He didn't radar me and any confession that he forced out of me in not submittable in court because it was coerced and done under duress of punishment. If he had a 'slam dunk' case of wreckless driving then he would have written me up for it.

If you contest the violations, you can't attend traffic school. You should take traffic school for one of the violation, and contest the other since you can only go to traffic school I believe once every 18 months.

DoggDicker
04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Dang...

DD

sprytsi
04-04-2008, 09:08 PM

If you contest the violations, you can't attend traffic school. You should take traffic school for one of the violation, and contest the other since you can only go to traffic school I believe once every 18 months.

You can contest the violation and, if found guilty, request traffic school as part of your 'punishment'.

It is every 18 months, but I don't plan to use it up if I don't have to :)

bayareaEVO
04-04-2008, 09:08 PM
680 is filled with CHP.

that and 280 are also both filled with under cover cops :?

06IXMR
04-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Dang you got jewed, going 60 in a evo is always the perfect way to hide and I drive hidden in the slow lane lol.

sprytsi
04-05-2008, 04:16 AM
I guess I misunderstood the officer, he actually wrote me up for 95+ in a 65. <_< :shock:

player67
04-05-2008, 04:26 AM
^what did you misunderstand?

Just a lil advice (this is not regarding your ticket but something all of us should consider)
NEVER contest a ticket on the site of receiving the citation. When a cop wants to give you a ticket, he's gonna give it to you. If your charm or honesty doesn't get through to him and he decides to give you the ticket, its either sign or go to jail. Thats it. Period. So just saying guys never argue right then and there the place to argue it is in court.

Damn john youre getting jewed all over cause of your new evo :p Happened to me don't worry at a way higher magnitude than you I actually did get to sit in the back of a police car because of my evo this was 3 months after I got but Ive been clean for a year and havn't been pulled over for 2 months. I still get pulled over but I hoenstly drive the speed limit and know how to contain my exhaust note...I dont have tint and dont blast music etc so me getting pulled over is like always a given but now its more than a 50% chance I drive away without a ticket because I honestly don't do anything anymore.

whtrice
04-05-2008, 04:50 AM
^^+1 Yea..good advice on not contesting at time of infraction. Remember at that time your under the microscope..Not the cop. He is lookin for ANY excuse. You can always record his conversation so if any unprofessional behavior comes up it is documented. Good luck on your court appearances.

sprytsi
04-05-2008, 05:41 AM
I wish I had it recorded.

My misunderstanding was about the speed on the ticket, he has slight evidence of me going 80 (admission) but no evidence of 95+. I was doing maybe 80 when he got behind me an was doing 65 after that.

Yes, never contest on the side of the road and always give the officer respect. The place to fight it is in court. If you fight it on the road then the cop will probably write you more tickets or try to get you in trouble.

I've had a lot of conversations with officers and this isnt my first fast car. I know most of Walnut Creek PD and not in themist positive of ways.

I have 0 violations on my record right now and I plan to keep it that way.

nebolic
04-05-2008, 06:41 AM

you're actually screwed on this one. the reason they ask you how fast you were going is not because they dont know, it's for you to admit guilt, even if you weren't going 90mph and you can prove that, you still admitted to speeding. You can't get out of this one.

nebo

whtrice
04-05-2008, 07:01 AM
This is the part that gets me. Cop admits to going 120 to catch him. On public streets? Unless in persuit of a armed felon come on now. I thought policy changed cause of the horrendous wrecks involved with these kind of pursuits. I had a Sac sheriff go by me at over 100
once. If I had been inattentive and changed lanes we would have both been goners.

The officer gave me a huge lecture on wreckless driving and how he had to go 120mph to catch me, then wrote me a ticket for 95+ in a 65 and demanded that I do not fight itĀ* I agreed under duress and threat of imprisonment to his "gentleman's agreement".
/quote]

--anonimuz
04-05-2008, 07:11 AM
goodluck to you man! I know how it feels.. got pulled over before (stop sign) twice within two weeks same officer and same spot.. I think all he does all night is hide behind trees..

Ben
04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Dude, John you gotta do what I do and play dumb. Never ever admit to speeding. You tell them you were going with the flow of traffic. I'm an Asian guy with a big wing on my car and I've been ticketless for a year even though I've been pulled over for triple digit speeds quite a few times already. Dude, you're white and getting ticketed by the CHP? Something is wrong here!

sprytsi
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I felt forced to admit under threat of imprisonment. Otherwise I do always say I was going with the flow of traffic or a "reasonable" speed

wzcx
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Dang you got jewed,
I'd stop saying this, guys. Unless, of course, you're also haters of niggers, kikes, wops, and chinks, in which case you should be shot.

JDMevoBOOST
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
You gotta keep your eyes peeled. Maybe it's just me from driving rice rockets for too long, but I seem to get the feeling when a CHP is behind me somewhere. I look for their particular headlights and I try to blend in if I notice them. Another thing...don't go mashing off without anyone else around you...that's a sure way to get caught.

This next comment is in no way intended for the OP or anyone else, but I have seen plenty of evos driving way too fast, cutting lanes dangerously and tailing folks. People have to realize driving an evo does not mean you are constantly being timed in some sort of race. Slow down. Your car may be fast, you may be able to out-brake other people, but not everyone around you is 100% aware and driving fast = less reaction time. People just need to chill a bit and slow down. That way cops wont keep hating on us.

DirectorSe7en
04-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Slow down. Your car may be fast, you may be able to out-brake other people, but not everyone around you is 100% aware and driving fast = less reaction time. People just need to chill a bit and slow down. That way cops wont keep hating on us.

Very good advice.

Maybe it's just me from driving rice rockets for too long, but I seem to get the feeling when a CHP is behind me somewhere.

Dude, that's called Spidey Sense. :lol:

player67
04-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Dang you got jewed,
I'd stop saying this, guys. Unless, of course, you're also haters of niggers, kikes, wops, and chinks, in which case you should be shot.

I find that in no way as offensive as those other words you posted. It's actually a connotative expression, whereas those words were used to offend and scold. Get your shit right before randomly posting bullshit comments like that.

Ben
04-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Dang you got jewed,

Good point but I hate all of those groups of people and many more.

Dang you got jewed,

I find that in no way as offensive as those other words you posted. It's actually a connotative expression, whereas those words were used to offend and scold. Get your shit right before randomly posting bullshit comments like that.

"You just got Persianed"

You gotta keep your eyes peeled. Maybe it's just me from driving rice rockets for too long, but I seem to get the feeling when a CHP is behind me somewhere. I look for their particular headlights and I try to blend in if I notice them. Another thing...don't go mashing off without anyone else around you...that's a sure way to get caught.

This next comment is in no way intended for the OP or anyone else, but I have seen plenty of evos driving way too fast, cutting lanes dangerously and tailing folks. People have to realize driving an evo does not mean you are constantly being timed in some sort of race. Slow down. Your car may be fast, you may be able to out-brake other people, but not everyone around you is 100% aware and driving fast = less reaction time. People just need to chill a bit and slow down. That way cops wont keep hating on us.

I'm always on Filipino time so I gotta drive fast.

GreenSpeed
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Damn John, two tix in a short time? That sucks bro. Feeling for you man... damn biased cops...

sprytsi
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Damn John, two tix in a short time? That sucks bro. Feeling for you man... damn biased cops...

I just need to get Confidential plates (http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/07/special-license-plat.html) or a friend/family cop card.

My wife is majoring in Administration of Justice so maybe I can get her to work for the government and get me special rights.