PDA

View Full Version : Factory Reflash available for Xs!

Unowned
04-11-2008, 07:46 AM
So Southcoast called a customer for a new software patch to fix many first built Evo Xs issues. I'm going to see if any dealerships up north received this patch as well so I can get it serviced today. The car will finally have 291 HP since the customer says this also fixed the high end stumble when revving it up.

TSB: 08-13-006

PURPOSE
Some customers of affected vehicles may experience illumination of the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)
with DTC 1320 stored in memory, or a drop in engine speed at idle. The Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV)
may learn an incorrect position when the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position from the ON position
without starting the engine.
If the vehicle is driven with this condition, the ETV mis-learns Idle Speed Control. As a result, the intake
air volume is insufficient to achieve an initial idle target of 1,400 RPM, causing DTC P1320 to be set, or
engine idle speed to drop.
This Technical Service Bulletin advises the steps to reprogram the ECM with new parameters and to perform
the ETV learning process .
AFFECTED VEHICLES
2008 Lancer Evolution X equipped with 5 speed manual transmission only built prior to VIN
JA3AW86V08U049108

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=338170

Unowned
04-11-2008, 08:07 AM
on 4/7 I tried to see if Capitol Mitsu would be able to have a fix for the Idle issue. They didn't even listen to me when I said it only happens when you restart the car after driving it around. They decided to drive my car around the block with some computer plugged in instead of like trying the above mentioned that it only happens when your turn off the car and restart it. Of course I was sent home like all check and advises.

Just called Capitol Mitsubishi again today to inquire about the TSB reflash and after all the mumbo jumbo about "we would like to earn the trust back from the community" when the guy says he was going to charge me for the non replication if they couldn't replicate my idle issue that happens only when the ignition is turned off and then turned on as stated above when of course they would drive my car around the block again. I stated that he was calling me a liar that i even had this issue with a completely stock car and told him he just lost my business forever.

Update: Called Concord Mitsu to check to see if they had TSB reflash and said yes just come on down and we'll reflash it. Will let everyone know if I have a good experience with them.

Boostd4
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
on 4/7 I tried to see if Capitol Mitsu would be able to have a fix for the Idle issue. They didn't even listen to me when I said it only happens when you restart the car after driving it around. They decided to drive my car around the block with some computer plugged in instead of like trying the above mentioned that it only happens when your turn off the car and restart it.

Just called Capitol Mitsubishi again today to inquire about the TSB reflash and after all the mumbo jumbo about "we would like to earn the trust back from the community" when the guy says he was going to charge me for the non replication if they couldn't replicate my idle issue that happens only when the ignition is turned off and then turned on as stated above when of course they would drive my car around the block again. I stated that he was calling me a liar that i even had this issue with a completely stock car and told him he just lost my business forever.

Update: Called Concord Mitsu to check to see if they had TSB reflash and said yes just come on down and we'll reflash it. Will let everyone know if I have a good experience with them.

Did you talk to Rick? He's the man down there. Let me know when you go Matt...I brought the Evo to work today so I might just stop there on the way home.

Kings Fan
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Good luck dude

Unowned
04-11-2008, 08:30 AM
on 4/7 I tried to see if Capitol Mitsu would be able to have a fix for the Idle issue. They didn't even listen to me when I said it only happens when you restart the car after driving it around. They decided to drive my car around the block with some computer plugged in instead of like trying the above mentioned that it only happens when your turn off the car and restart it.

Did you talk to Rick? He's the man down there. Let me know when you go Matt...I brought the Evo to work today so I might just stop there on the way home.

Good Call on bringing the Evo to work on a Friday. Yes I did talk to Rick... Hopefully when they update the software it updates everything so we get fixes for the RPM high hesitation issue as well.

slimdatwelve209
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
would i be needing this flash since my car was manufact of jan 08?

player67
04-11-2008, 09:07 AM
^yes yours is the same line I believe

lqdchkn
04-11-2008, 09:09 AM

Good Call on bringing the Evo to work on a Friday. Yes I did talk to Rick... Hopefully when they update the software it updates everything so we get fixes for the RPM high hesitation issue as well.

Dude, DO NOT TALK TO Rick. He is not the most knowlageable when it comes to EVO's.

Talk to Kevin he is the service manager. Sit's right next to Rick, they are the only 2 service writers.

player67
04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
^+1 Rick is a dick

Kevin is da man

mtsevovii
04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
on 4/7 I tried to see if Capitol Mitsu would be able to have a fix for the Idle issue. They didn't even listen to me when I said it only happens when you restart the car after driving it around. They decided to drive my car around the block with some computer plugged in instead of like trying the above mentioned that it only happens when your turn off the car and restart it. Of course I was sent home like all check and advises.

Capitol Fails again. why am i not surprised.

DirectorSe7en
04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Good luck Matt. I've really yet to have a bad Capitol experience. Everytime I'm there, it's all positive.... :?

Boostd4
04-11-2008, 09:49 AM

Dude, DO NOT TALK TO Rick. He is not the most knowlageable when it comes to EVO's.

Talk to Kevin he is the service manager. Sit's right next to Rick, they are the only 2 service writers.

What's up B? Been awhile man!

I dunno, Rick just called me back and said that I can drop in whenever for the re-flash...seems like a pretty stand up guy. We'll see when I get there.

JDMevoBOOST
04-11-2008, 10:28 AM
When will dealerships realize that word of mouth spreads negative experiences faster than good ones. How about trying not to dick your customers while in the process of buying, in the process of trading in, in the process of warranty claims, and in the process of getting the car serviced.

If your dealership sucks at the four above, then I have no clue how the hell you are still here. But I hope some kids steal all the seats out of these shitty dealers new cars, because it will teach them a lesson about robbing this community.

Car dealerships is the only place of business I have ever walked into where the people can be OPENLY rude to the customers and make up their own prices and BS to rip you off. I mean in the end, it is the customer who signs it, but at least in real estate and every other business the salespeople get reprimanded if they mislead, deceive, mistreat customers.

However, when it comes to cars it's like open targeting. They can say/do whatever they want and in the end they just rape people up, down, sideways and don't have anyone to answer to. They can outright lie to you about the value of your trade in, fudge all of the numbers in their system, add on different packages that are supposed to already come with the price of the car, etc.

Ughhhh....these people are even shady with eachother. My friend was a salesman @ Honda and he said other salesman would try and swoop your customers that you have been working with just so that the manager sees, so they can get 50% of your commission for "assisting". That's fucked up. If I didn't love cars so much, there is no way in hell I'd deal with these non-educated idiots and deal with their BS for 6 hours even though I had employee pricing, so there should have been no negotiating.

DirectorSe7en
04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
^Well, then someone should print this thread out and e-mail it to the GM.

lqdchkn
04-11-2008, 10:50 AM

I dunno, Rick just called me back and said that I can drop in whenever for the re-flash...seems like a pretty stand up guy. We'll see when I get there.

Same old' same ol' Mike. And you? Dun got an upgrade I see.

As for Rick he was more likely just relaying info from Kevin. I've worked with Kevin since I've owned Evo's and the couple times he wasn't there and I tryed to get Rick's assistance I was less than impressed. Now I only deal with Kevin if he's not there or available I come back later.

Boostd4
04-11-2008, 10:56 AM

Same old' same ol' Mike. And you? Dun got an upgrade I see.

As for Rick he was more likely just relaying info from Kevin. I've worked with Kevin since I've owned Evo's and the couple times he wasn't there and I tryed to get Rick's assistance I was less than impressed. Now I only deal with Kevin if he's not there or available I come back later.

Good to know. I'm heading over there at about 2 to get the reflash...I guess the techs bounce outta there at 4.

wayne0912
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
So I went to Concord today to get the reflash and everything went fine. On my way home, I decided to stop by to get some food. As I was leaving the parking lot after some grub, I came to a rolling stop. I notice the car stuttering and look down to see the needle going ape shit. Worse than before and stalled out on me. I don't know if it's because I have a cone air filter but this is a little concerning to me. I will drive around a few more days and see if it happens again.

BTW, it nice to finally meet Matt at Concord Mitsu since he was there getting a reflash too. Hope yours turns out better than mine.

nebolic
04-11-2008, 11:44 AM
ooo this is getting good. so i'm trying to find a dealer up here in sac to do the reflash, called Roseville mitsu and the service guy was not helpful at all. Said i don't fall under the TSB (actually i do, cause my car has crappy idle and it hiccups up top) see my dyno sheets.

The final straw was per the service manager "if i don't have a check engine light, I dont fall under the TSB". Bwahaha i told him to re-read the TSB, reading comprehension FTW. Damn retard.

I called corporate and filed a complaint. Next up, if corporate doesn't do anything then it's to the BBB. then it'll get ugly.

I dont understand, seems to be it's an easy fix, plug it in and fix it, why the hassle.

nebo

JDMevoBOOST
04-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Because they want to make money for all their hard work of unplugging something and plugging it back in....probably took more time/ effort to deny you then it would just to do the work.....

Boostd4
04-11-2008, 11:53 AM
So I went to Concord today to get the reflash and everything went fine. On my way home, I decided to stop by to get some food. As I was leaving the parking lot after some grub, I came to a rolling stop. I notice the car stuttering and look down to see the needle going ape shit. Worse than before and stalled out on me. I don't know if it's because I have a cone air filter but this is a little concerning to me. I will drive around a few more days and see if it happens again.

BTW, it nice to finally meet Matt at Concord Mitsu since he was there getting a reflash too. Hope yours turns out better than mine.

Skipping out of work early to get my flash...hopefully I don't get the same results.

evo637
04-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Why don't you guys just go to SRM....It's a long drive but at least it's worth it...I've had very bad experience with capitol/stevens creek (They are nice when you buy the car, but afterwards it's like you dont even exist)..

nebolic
04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Why don't you guys just go to SRM....It's a long drive but at least it's worth it...I've had very bad experience with capitol/stevens creek (They are nice when you buy the car, but afterwards it's like you dont even exist)..

because i have a full time job and SRM is fairly far from me.

nebo

SpeedElement
04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Andy just did a few pulls on an EVO X w/ the factory reflash. Results coming up!!! :D

DirectorSe7en
04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Andy just did a few pulls on an EVO X w/ the factory reflash. Results coming up!!! :D

Shall we see before+afters? ;)

chefnevo
04-11-2008, 12:36 PM
ooo this is getting good. so i'm trying to find a dealer up here in sac to do the reflash, called Roseville mitsu and the service guy was not helpful at all. Said i don't fall under the TSB (actually i do, cause my car has crappy idle and it hiccups up top) see my dyno sheets.

The final straw was per the service manager "if i don't have a check engine light, I dont fall under the TSB". Bwahaha i told him to re-read the TSB, reading comprehension FTW. Damn retard.

I called corporate and filed a complaint. Next up, if corporate doesn't do anything then it's to the BBB. then it'll get ugly.

I dont understand, seems to be it's an easy fix, plug it in and fix it, why the hassle.

nebo

Nebo, we here in Sac just have no one we can trust. Everyone at Roseville & Golden State mitsubeshitty are douchebags. I had a warrenty issue with my seats and took forever to be resolved with roseville. Keep us informed with what happens.

SpeedElement
04-11-2008, 12:39 PM

Shall we see before+afters? ;)

yes of course ;)

Ben
04-11-2008, 12:55 PM

The same reason that people will order parts from an online shop that they can get in from a bay area NCE vendor?

Boostd4
04-11-2008, 12:58 PM

I'm going to Concord...

nebolic
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM

nebo

Nebo, we here in Sac just have no one we can trust. Everyone at Roseville & Golden State mitsubeshitty are douchebags. I had a warrenty issue with my seats and took forever to be resolved with roseville. Keep us informed with what happens.

i dont expect much from the dealers up here in sac, but when i get treated rudely and being treated like i have no clue what's going on... someone's gonna pay.

;)

Hey Haj (Carlos friend with the subbie) is doing a photoshoot tomorrow in elk grove. You guys wanna roll?

nebo

DirectorSe7en
04-11-2008, 01:11 PM
i dont expect much from the dealers up here in sac, but when i get treated rudely and being treated like i have no clue what's going on... someone's gonna pay.

Please do, make sure they don't get over on you. I can't stand when people discard me as a pushover they can bullshit around and think I'll go away quietly.

lqdchkn
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM

nebo

Because they want to make money for all their hard work of unplugging something and plugging it back in....probably took more time/ effort to deny you then it would just to do the work.....

Actually they should be able to get paid. If they know how to run their business Mitsu should be reimburing them the labor since it's a factory "repair" if you will.

chefnevo
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM

Hey Haj (Carlos friend with the subbie) is doing a photoshoot tomorrow in elk grove.Â* You guys wanna roll?

nebo

you know it and I'll try drag out redtydsf for the photoshoot also.

whtrice
04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
What time? Where at?

Hey Haj (Carlos friend with the subbie) is doing a photoshoot tomorrow in elk grove. You guys wanna roll?

nebo

nebolic
04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
1pm at Elk Grove. Starbucks. I have to check my email for exact locations. Going to hooters later that evening for some wings.

nebo

lqdchkn
04-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Guys I just talked to Kevin at Concord Mitsu for you. He says that he will gladly take any EVO X that wants the update. Give him a call at 925-682-7100 option 2>2>1 (i think those are the prompts) to get him in service.

Unowned
04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Concord was a smooth experience... after Wayne's car was finished mine took all but 20 min to flash... we'll see if i can get the startup idle issue, but the biggest notice was the increased power and smoothness with no high rpm stutter... see Andy's Thread for details on the new dynos

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=28554.msg486052#msg486052

GroundHog
04-11-2008, 03:57 PM
has anyone tried fairfield mitsu? i had good experiences with the service manager there when I bought my IX.

Boostd4
04-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Ok, so just got back from Concord Mitsubishi...Matt's vapor trail was still visibleÂ* :D.

Had the flash done, the Concord experience was extremely smooth.Â* Kevin and Rick were awesome, they took me w/o an appointment.

Impressions:Â* Car pulls a lot smoother and is slightly stronger in the lower RPM.Â* Above 5500 is noticeably better with absolutely NO stuttering.Â* I tested the re-start issue...well...it's no longer an issue in my car.

Recommendation:Â* If you have an X...do this TSB.

Matz
04-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Man, wtf, pretty much every Mitsu dealer around sucks ass, except for SRM. This is depressing.

DirectorSe7en
04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
^I wouldn't say dealer. I would say shitty salesperson giving the dealer a bad wrap.

For example, Concord Mitsu was a terrible experience when trading in my VIII becuase of Phil, but another salesperson took over and made it work. Another example is Capitol Mitsu, alot have something bad to say, but I've never had a bad experience....yet. :?

slimdatwelve209
04-11-2008, 05:23 PM
do u have to go in stock just to be safe? i have a GFB on my car

Matz
04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
^I wouldn't say dealer. I would say shitty salesperson giving the dealer a bad wrap.

For example, Concord Mitsu was a terrible experience when trading in my VIII becuase of Phil, but another salesperson took over and made it work. Another example is Capitol Mitsu, alot have something bad to say, but I've never had a bad experience....yet. :?

Did you change your screen name? I remember reading a similar story here before, but I thought the OP said that the "good guy" was just an act that they have going there to try to seal a deal.

I've had great experiences with service at Capitol in the past when Bill was working there, but after he "was run out of there", I found that the people there are not that pleasant.

Unowned
04-11-2008, 06:59 PM
do u have to go in stock just to be safe? i have a GFB on my car

it's always a good idea, but the TSB Clearly stats that it's an Electronic Throttle Valve startup issue. This is just a BOV swap it, it takes 2 min.

DirectorSe7en
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Did you change your screen name? I remember reading a similar story here before, but I thought the OP said that the "good guy" was just an act that they have going there to try to seal a deal.

Yea that was me. (DirectorSe7en) My experience at Concord was hit and miss....Some guys are dicks, others are very helpful.

$$Wino$$
05-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Anyone else get this done recently? Concord is bit of a drive from san jose and I work 7 days a week .. Sounds like a good thing to get done since I have all the same problems everyone else did but it's hard to fit it into the schedule if I've gotta drive to Concord and back most likely when traffic is bad.. Just wondering if any place closer to me has been doing reflashes

Unowned
05-14-2008, 07:17 PM
1 month update.... my car stalled once since getting the flash like it was monitoring the stall event because ever since that day it's been 100% rock solid ...