PDA

View Full Version : NorCalEvo Meet #3 - Feb 28th

JanSolo
01-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Keep reading this first post as I will update it continuously.

Here is the plan in all it's glory:

1. Meet up at Starbucks at McCarthy Ranch at 11am (Works will be there for P2 reflashes to all interested parties at a 10% discount, info on Shiv being there for baselines at a discount Xflashes to come soon).
2. Drive off at noon (no delays this time).
3. Drive up 680 to Palomares to 580 (map below).
4. Meet up at GBMotorsports/MPJ Peformance (http://www.mpjperformance.com/main.html). <- that there is a link you can click!

I talked to Gino (the guy that runs the place) and this is what they are going to offer:

- BBQ (eat until your pants burst!)
- Product give aways (he told me he would get some Borla and Perrin stuff tentatively)
- Possible discounts on parts and installs. So you can either buy stuff from them or bring stuff you bought from other vendors and pay them to install it.

-----

People attending:
- Evo_dadi
- JanSolo
- Mrs. Solo
- Wilson1
- Vtluu
- DB8GSR
- BluEvo
- HowieEvo8
- Chris
- GReddy_917
- JStockdale
- cagefreak
- UhOh_Evo
- hagakure
- EvoVIII
- brwnrice
- warpspeed
- AlwayzEVOlving
- ob4
- xchoirboy
- SouthernCrane
- Thomas
- Ytsejam
- Nebolic
- jomama
- lambtron
- WorksRally (Pete and company)
- Vishnu Tuning (Shiv and his cohorts!)

GB Motorsports Address:

21666 Cloud Way Unit # 6
Hayward, CA 94545

Here is the map of the drive and the final destination.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/meet_2_map.jpg

Close up map of GB Motorsports location.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/gbcloseup.JPG

howiEVO8
01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
yuMMMMUh...BBQ!...can't wait...hehe

chris
01-26-2004, 06:53 PM
product giveaways? =X

JanSolo
01-26-2004, 07:06 PM
product giveaways? =X

That's what the man said. :) He told me he will post up here exactly what is going be doing, so hopefully we will be getting an official word from him ASAP.

GReddy_917
01-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Jan you are the man!!

evo_dadi
01-26-2004, 08:35 PM
thats right grasshoppa jan is the meet masta!!!! ;)

kool man!! how are we going to do this,bring some grub also or pitch in? let me know what else are we gonna need for this also.

ytsejam
01-26-2004, 08:42 PM
NICE!!!!! @_@

JanSolo
01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Gino said free food and that he will BBQ all we can eat. So bring a bib and your eating pants (the ones with no top button).

Everytime I think of eating pants, I think of Homer.. mmmm barbeque.

http://www.pasadenarodeo.com/uimages/Homer%20Qing.jpg

cagefreak
01-26-2004, 10:22 PM
I'll be there again, if you'll have little ol' me.

evo_dadi
01-26-2004, 10:25 PM
kool mang as long as u bring the fc!! there's going to be lots of grubs for sure like on the last bbq there.

GReddy_917
01-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Are you gonna need another ride Justin....did you get the fd?

EvoVIII
01-26-2004, 11:32 PM
dang..... 2/28 too far away :(

JanSolo
01-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Sorry, have to make them once a month. Maybe if we had enough people saying they wanted it sooner, say on the 21st, we might be able to swing it. ;)

cagefreak
01-26-2004, 11:41 PM
kool mang as long as u bring the fc!! there's going to be lots of grubs for sure like on the last bbq there.
We'll see if that's even possible lol, you guys know how rotaries can get. But I'll go for sure.

Are you gonna need another ride Justin....did you get the fd?

Thanks for the offer Peter, I'll let you know by the end of this week.

Oh yeah, also let me know how it goes when bring y our car in to Mitsu for you BOV.

JanSolo
01-27-2004, 12:36 AM

kool man!! how are we going to do this,bring some grub also or pitch in? let me know what else are we gonna need for this also.

Meet mastah? Better than MEAT mastah! :lol:

Don't worry about bringing anything. From what Gino told me, he is going to take care of everything. Naturally, if there is any drink of choice you prefer, you might as well bring it to be safe.

Right now, I am working on where we are going to drive, but I am pretty sure I know exactly where we are going this time and the place I have tentatively selected is two lanes this time, as opposed to the one lane that is Calaveras. Tam and I are both going to check it out ASAP and see if it is NorCalEvo drive worthy.

More info to come..

cagefreak
01-27-2004, 09:50 AM

Meet mastah? Better than MEAT mastah! :lol:

Don't worry about bringing anything. From what Gino told me, he is going to take care of everything. Naturally, if there is any drink of choice you prefer, you might as well bring it to be safe.

Right now, I am working on where we are going to drive, but I am pretty sure I know exactly where we are going this time and the place I have tentatively selected is two lanes this time, as opposed to the one lane that is Calaveras. Tam and I are both going to check it out ASAP and see if it is NorCalEvo drive worthy.

More info to come..

When finding a driving route, things to consider:
1)Amount of slow traffic vs. amount of fast traffic vs. no traffic at all

2)The fact that the drive will be done on the weekend meaning families will be out driving extra slow.

3)Quality of the road; ie. potholes, loose gravel shoulders, etc.

4)Weather for that day; Might want to pick a road that can be driven with or without the introduction of water or dense fog.

5)Accident prone areas should be a no no.

Just my my little suggestions . . .

vtluu
01-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks; I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's safety-minded. I'll probably "scout" the proposed route this Saturday since I live nearby.

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2004, 12:24 PM
sound like lots of fun , good luck . You guys should have an eating contest , see who can eat the most burgers ...

BluEvo
01-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Sounds like good times. I'll mark my calander.
T

cagefreak
01-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks; I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's safety-minded. I'll probably "scout" the proposed route this Saturday since I live nearby.

After losing my last FD to a drunk driver, the last thing I want is for someone to make one wrong move and lose their precious car as a result. Plus driving for SBC puts you in that frame of mind. SAFETY FIRST! :D

evo_dadi
01-27-2004, 08:18 PM

After losing my last FD to a drunk driver, the last thing I want is for someone to make one wrong move and lose their precious car as a result. Plus driving for SBC puts you in that frame of mind. SAFETY FIRST! :D

thats what i do at work also but when i drive safely people either flip me off or cut me :x oh well i guess i gotta get me some of those nra bumper stickers:;)

as for the drive part of the meet were gonna have to make sure that everybody knows its a just a afternoon drive not a timed race.

JanSolo
01-27-2004, 10:54 PM
So who is all going? I want to start The List of people who plan on attending..

JanSolo
01-28-2004, 12:30 PM
I just got confirmation from Pete at Works that they will be at the meet on the 28th and will be offering P2 reflashes with a 10% discount.

DB8GSR
01-28-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm in again on this one!!! http://home.earthlink.net/~vtecb18c1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/walamaandbanana.gif

vtluu
01-28-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm in of course. Hey, if this is meet #3, was last week's meet #2, and if so when was meet #1? Did I miss the memo? :lol:

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't realize Feb. 8 was meet #2.

BluEvo
01-28-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm down to meet in Milpitas with all of you, just not sure if i can roll out with you guys to Hay-town. Got something planned that afternoon. But, I would like to meet up with you peoples and put screen names to faces and also cars. If plans change, i'm down go with you guys. I know it's not a definet answer, but count me half way in.

uhoh_evo
01-28-2004, 08:39 PM
put me down for the same thing as BluEvo. don't got plans, but you never know what might come up. "UhOh_Evo" - halfway in

JanSolo
01-28-2004, 08:45 PM
put me down for the same thing as BluEvo. don't got plans, but you never know what might come up. "UhOh_Evo" - halfway in

Done. Your name is now on The List.

warpspeed
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm down wit it. I'll stay as long as I can because I got to catch some sleep(I work graveyard shift)... I have work that night.

nebolic
01-28-2004, 10:21 PM
hey jan, it might be a good idea for us north north cali people to meet up here and caravan down to hayward, cuz we'd be making a big loop if we were to go to milpitas and then to hayward, let me know what you think of this idea, if that sounds good, maybe i can arrange a meeting place up here in sac area and roll down to meet u guys in hayward, however if no one is interested in that, then we'll just meet in milpitas. either way, let me know

brwnrice
01-28-2004, 10:38 PM
i'm down to roll. :D

howiEVO8
01-29-2004, 01:01 AM
hey jan, it might be a good idea for us north north cali people to meet up here and caravan down to hayward, cuz we'd be making a big loop if we were to go to milpitas and then to hayward, let me know what you think of this idea, if that sounds good, maybe i can arrange a meeting place up here in sac area and roll down to meet u guys in hayward, however if no one is interested in that, then we'll just meet in milpitas. either way, let me know

yeah i was thinking about that hehe...btw how far is hayward from rocklin? cuz if i do make it out to hayward, i might as well roll on over to rocklin since my cousin lives there

JanSolo
01-29-2004, 01:30 AM
What the Sac people can do is just meet us at GB Motorsports in Hayward. That would probably be the easiest for the folks who plan to caravan all the way down here.

You guys will miss out on the drive portion, but you will get to still participate in the BBQ, parts give away and install fest. Plus if you really want to do a drive, we could always do one after the meet up at GB Motorsports.

blitzkrgCT9A
01-29-2004, 02:30 AM
I am going to D1 drift event, can't make it again :) darn!

cagefreak
01-29-2004, 08:36 AM
I am going to D1 drift event, can't make it again :) darn!

A lot of people are going to D1. I'll just wait 'till it comes up here or 'till I have a dependable ride to drive down there. LOL.

chris
01-29-2004, 08:50 AM
"chris" would be down as well =D. ill stay as long as possible also have some things planned in the after noon

ob4
01-30-2004, 04:30 PM
i would most likely be able to just drop by at gb.

MPJ Performance
02-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey Folks, I guess we're a little late to this thread! Everything is confirmed for the 28th, we have been a little swamped to date but will monitor this thread from this point onwards (only saw it for the first time today).

Mike/Gino

MPJ/GB

www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com

GBmotorsports
02-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Okay so I read along the thread and all is good ;) on the 28th. Hope to see you all soon. As soon as things slowdown at the shop I will be helping out like we always do here at norcalevo.

:)

Gino

www.gb-motorsports.com
www.mpjperformance.com

gb and mpj is one and the same under one roof.;)....

GBmotorsports
02-05-2004, 07:31 PM
I almost forgot the BBQ stuff..... Let me see what I can get my hands on...Feel free to bring any meat you want to grill as we do this every Saturday at the shop and on all the club sponsored meets here at the shop.......

see ya soon

gino

www.gb-motorsports.com
www.mpjperformance.com

last thing !!! Marcel it has been a busy week bro, I will call you back soon....

evo_dadi
02-05-2004, 10:14 PM
thanks for posting guys!!! didnt mean to bother but we were just trying to get things set an ready to roll so when the event happens everything turns out big.plus some of the guys are planning on getting something and have a few questions to ask. so sorry again for the hassle since we were just trying to get both side gets happy.

JanSolo
02-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Ok the first thread has been updated now that we have Official News from Gino and Mike.

I am going to meet up with Shiv next week and will be sure to ask him if he will be attending and offering discounted Xflashes to all us super duper NorCalEvo.net members.

BluEvo
02-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Ok the first thread has been updated now that we have Official News from Gino and Mike.

I am going to meet up with Shiv next week and will be sure to ask him if he will be attending and offering discounted Xflashes to all us super duper NorCalEvo.net members.

Good looking out. Thanks for the updates. :D

T

GBmotorsports
02-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Okay I decided to just get meat from Cosco lol... I need a BBQ grill expert to man the grill..Anyone good at this cos I know I will be wrenching on a car for sure. :D

You can do installs at the shop but I cannot let you use the tools (tools are not all mine 2 mechanics on duty :(..) or the lift as we have only one, besides eating and having fun is better.. hahaha last time we lend tools it never returned :(.... But I can give advice etc. no worries...

If you need parts let Mike know ahead of time to ensure the delivery/install on that day.

DISCOUNTS ? I will take care of the folks that need work done on that day ;)... Parts pricing is always cheap and we will beat anyones pricing whithin reason :D...

cheers

gino

nebolic
02-06-2004, 02:52 PM
do you have a charcoal grill or do you have a gas grill? not that makes much of a difference.... but it'd be good info to know. :-)

GBmotorsports
02-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Gas grill :D...

xchoirboy
02-06-2004, 03:02 PM
:bandhead: to many dates in my head - anyway sign me up.

SouthernCrane
02-08-2004, 11:59 AM
I should be there too, put me on the list!

ytsejam
02-08-2004, 10:51 PM
i am in too with nebolic & thomas...
plz confirm guys ;)

thomas
02-08-2004, 10:58 PM
ima try real hard to get that date off of work. i kno it should be a pretty big meet, now that more people are starting to read this forum. and maybe more time for pics, because well all be in a single parking lot, or not :roll:

anyway, look forward to it.

GBmotorsports
02-09-2004, 12:00 AM
We do have a big parking lot so no worries about Parking and not seeing your cars ehhehe !!

I need someone to line em up in an orderly fashion so we get everyone in the pictures. Last Subaru BBQ meet we had over 60 cars in attendance and they all fit even the Nissan crew showed up and a few Miata's.. So dont be surprised if you see a few non Evo cars showin up..:;).

:D
gino

brwnrice
02-09-2004, 12:53 AM
whoa! if shiv is going and will be offering some service, put me down on the list as one of the people who is getting an xflash. :lol:

BluEvo
02-09-2004, 01:08 AM
whoa! if shiv is going and will be offering some service, put me down on the list as one of the people who is getting an xflash. :lol:

same here. i'm puttin some cash aside to hopefully get that Xflash done. i hear it's a must do perfomance mod for the money.

jomama
02-09-2004, 09:47 AM
please add me to the list to attend. i missed the last meet/drive. i will definately make this one!

GokuSSJ4
02-09-2004, 12:45 PM
dont you guys get the best ,lol Works comes to your meetings and also Shiv ....

GBmotorsports
02-10-2004, 11:11 AM
chicken wings
beef patties
Vegiterian patties
Marcel's hook up with the marinated Tri Tip :D

what else?

nebolic
02-10-2004, 11:20 AM
beer (?)

BluEvo
02-10-2004, 11:30 AM
polish-dogs?

vtluu
02-10-2004, 11:36 AM
I'll bring some barbecue'ables... :drool:

nebolic
02-10-2004, 12:22 PM
is there gonna be an ice box there or something, if i bring beer/soda will it have somewhere to chill (literally)? also is alcohol allowed?

vtluu
02-10-2004, 12:37 PM
I can bring a cooler and plenty of ice. Don't know about alcohol though, at a business establishment it's an especially sticky situation legally, with regards to liability, etc.

nebolic
02-10-2004, 12:48 PM
word, so if someone from GB can get a confirm for us to bring some alcohol, we shall. if we dont hear back, then i guess its the sodas.

GBmotorsports
02-10-2004, 04:50 PM
alcohol is okay just dont drink and get drunk then drive okay !! :D..

The rest of the alcohol stays at the shop if it is opened...err ahh or not ..lol...can use some left over beer...

We are cool here at the shop... I do have one cooler only so bring in whatever you want to..

My shop is like your shop :D....

see you all soon

gino

edited to remind everyone that you can bring anything edible and grillable and drinkable and all the ble etc. etc. etc. LOL...

thomas
02-10-2004, 07:48 PM
aiight fellas...looks like im down for meet #3! i got that fri/sat off so if anyone from the sac area is cruising down, weve got a little caravan going! woohoo :D

559EVO
02-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Count me in,I will show up.Works,bring you BOV'S if you have them??

soundwave
02-14-2004, 12:16 PM
JanSolo/GBmotorsports - is this event for EVOs only? would it be cool if I invited the i-club guys?

sicksti
02-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah is this an Evo only event. I can't put faces to screen names but I was the One black Sti out at milpitas. I talked to a couple of you evo owners. Sorry I am so bad with names. Silver one and black one(formally red)saw you in Pleasanton. Is it cool to roll I have a couple of buddies who might be intrested. :?:

JanSolo
02-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Actually, this is NOT an Evo event only. I have friends with many different cars coming to this meet:

- 240sx's
- Porsches (maybe even some people from PCA)
- WRX's
- A few IS300s

So Patrick, you and whomever else wants to come along can do so.

soundwave
02-14-2004, 01:46 PM
JanSolo - well i'm not gonna post it on i-club unless you give me the okay.

-Preston

JanSolo
02-14-2004, 02:22 PM
JanSolo - well i'm not gonna post it on i-club unless you give me the okay.

-Preston

Please post it! We would be happy to have as many WRX's as we can get there as well. It will just make the event bigger and lots more fun.

soundwave
02-14-2004, 03:57 PM
JanSolo - posted here
http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48572

-Preston

korean
02-14-2004, 04:58 PM
i live on union city blvd, which becomes hesperian. the end of the meet is a 5 minute drive from my house, and i'd go, but i think it'd be awkward, with me being so young (17 yrs) haha. gotta wait for my evo :cry: :cry: :cry:

MPJ Performance
02-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Guys, can you please not post this on all the other car forums for the time being without discussing it with us first.

We are trying our best to consolodate our efforts for the EVO owners and friends and would be hard pressed if the usual 40+ WRX's turned up (We have 3-4 WRX meets a year to keep them happy).

Mike

(510) 487-4447
www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com

jstockdale
02-14-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm curious, is Jan organizing the meet on the 28th or is MPJ/GB organizing it?

I just want to know because if it's a _NorCalEvo_ meet, then I personally think that we should be able to invite i-Club etc. if we want; the tuner is being kind enough to give us a good location for the meet, but they're getting cheap promotion and support from us.

I don't think Vishnu told us that we couldn't spread the word, just that we had a set number of spots for Xflashes and dyno's since there was a time/resource contstraint on those.

I wouldn't bring it up, but I just feel that we shouldn't allow invitations to our meets to be dictated by a third party. If this were MPJ/GB's meet, for which NorCalEvo had received an invitation, then I would by all means agree that we shouldn't invite other groups; but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Just my $.01 (depreciated accordingly)

-S ...

Guys, can you please not post this on all the other car forums for the time being without discussing it with us first.

We are trying our best to consolodate our efforts for the EVO owners and friends and would be hard pressed if the usual 40+ WRX's turned up (We have 3-4 WRX meets a year to keep them happy).

Mike

(510) 487-4447
www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com

jstockdale
02-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Crossposted from i-Club:

Not meaning to sound funny hear but shouldn't this have been discussed with the operators of the facility hosting the event prior to this posting, last we knew we were expecting around 20+ EVO owners.

Same question as above. Are we hosting the event with MPJ/GB being kind enough to supply the location, or is it MPJ/GB's meet that we're invited to?

I thought it was the former but ... ??? The i-Club guy's I met last night were cool, and I personally thing we should be able to invite them to our meet.

-S ...

Mrs. Solo
02-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Aheemm.. I own and was planning on bringing my WRX to this meet thinking it was a gathering to touch base with our fellow car enthusiasts. Considering we're bringing so much business to you why would this be a problem? Unless there is a specific reason as to why you would want Evo owners there only.. If it's a food thing, well then maybe people can bring whatever they want BBQ'd. Could you be more specific as to why you wouldn't want so many people showing up?

jstockdale
02-14-2004, 09:41 PM
JanSolo's Love Slave

When I saw that ... I couldn't stop laughing.

Honestly, you're killing me :)

-S ...

(ps. Yes ... this is OT. But on the topic, I totally agree :) )

Mrs. Solo
02-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Hahaha.. Yeeeeaahh, i just noticed that myself Thanks :wink:
Whatta comedian!

dr3d1zzl3
02-15-2004, 12:46 AM
i think you guys dont understand the bay area subaru community very well.

BAIC at iclub has about 200 or so members. If u guys want any space for your cars i would suggest only inviting a few of us wrx guys over. MPJ and GB are well loved in the subaru community and if there is a meet posted u can bet your arse a boat load of wrxs will show up. Crap ever been their on a sat? haha easy way to meet about 10 wrx owners.

Dont get bent out of shape guys i am sure they jsut wnat to make sure that the evo meet is an evo meet and not a wrx meet with a few evos. You should be happy that they want it to stay that way. It would be in their best intrest to have as many people as possible show up. Seems to me they would rather have more evo guys then subaru, honda, etc. And im damn sure they wouldnt be mad if other car makes showed up they just want to give more attention to you guys and no one else. (us subaru guys are attention whores).

Regardless i will probably show up to show u guys what real powa is! (just kidding, i want to meet up with shiv again and talk over a few htings with him)

MPJ Performance
02-15-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure if you all realize but if we open this up to the Subaru massive then there is likely to be around 40+ scoobies there, we are all for having a meet and so on but we need to know what to cater for and only have the capacity for so much.

In all honesty (and if you think about it for a minute you may agree) it may be prudent to inform us of your intentions prior to posting it (common curtisey and all that). Don't get me wrong we appreciate the business greatly but you would not appreciate the service if it was below par because we had no idea what to cater for and this would then leave a bad taste and reflection of us that is not necessarily the case as we always try our best to accomodate.

*** EDIT please read the below!***

Mike

(510) 487-4447
www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com

MPJ Performance
02-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Folks, if you would like this to be a meet of all cars and as big as possible please let us know we will make sure we have the staff and such in place to accommodate you (parts on hand, people to answer questions, food on the BBQ and so on).

Mike

(510) 487-4447
www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com

JanSolo
02-15-2004, 02:29 AM
No worries Mike.

Here is what we can do. We can have as many WRX's as possible at the initial meet up at McCarthy Ranch and the drive as well. I agree with Mike from MPJ that we should try to make it mostly Evos at the final destination - doesn't mean that no WRXs can come along, just that we don't want all the I-Club guys in the SF bay area showing up there since it would obviously be overwhelming.

MPJ/GB is doing us a favor by hooking up us with some good food and good service, and since this is their place, we should respect their wishes and not make the place a fire hazard. :)

So, I-Club guys and girls, we still would like you to come to the initial meet @ McCarthy Starbucks and the drive on Palomares, but we just can't have too many of you guys at MPJ/GB.

At our next meet in March, I will make sure that we don't have any limitations on the amount of people that can attend.

soundwave
02-15-2004, 02:39 AM
It's all good. I'll still try to show up for the initial meet & drive only. :D

GReddy_917
02-15-2004, 03:16 AM
hooray for compromise....now lets all join hands, and sing "kumbaya".

jstockdale
02-15-2004, 03:21 AM
Word. Sounds like that will work for everyone.

-S ...

nebolic
02-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Jan and fellow members,

Are there contact cards we can print out to hand out to fellow peeps, if not can you guys bring some to the meet to distribute. If there is can you direct me to the link so i can print/order the cards. Apparently the dealer from where i bought my Evo, is a hot spot right now for selling EVos, i'm gonna give the manager some cards to hand out while she sells those evos. Also i've seen a good 2-4 Evos in the last week or so (ones that aren't on the boards) but i never carry a pen or something to write down a note for them.

Thanks,
Nebo

JanSolo
02-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Actually, Tam has a huge stack of NorCalEvo cards that he printed up. Maybe he can get some more and give them off to you.

MPJ Performance
02-15-2004, 12:25 PM
No worries Mike.

Here is what we can do. We can have as many WRX's as possible at the initial meet up at McCarthy Ranch and the drive as well. I agree with Mike from MPJ that we should try to make it mostly Evos at the final destination - doesn't mean that no WRXs can come along, just that we don't want all the I-Club guys in the SF bay area showing up there since it would obviously be overwhelming.

MPJ/GB is doing us a favor by hooking up us with some good food and good service, and since this is their place, we should respect their wishes and not make the place a fire hazard. :)

So, I-Club guys and girls, we still would like you to come to the initial meet @ McCarthy Starbucks and the drive on Palomares, but we just can't have too many of you guys at MPJ/GB.

At our next meet in March, I will make sure that we don't have any limitations on the amount of people that can attend.

Jan thanks for working on this mate.

I would like to add, we have no limitations on the amount of people or cars we can have at the meet but we just need to have a little heads up to make sure we can put the appropriate measures in place to make it the best meet we can for you guys and everyone else attending.

Mike

(510) 487-4447
www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com

warpspeed
02-15-2004, 02:34 PM
How about some stickers also? I need some.

vtluu
02-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Actually, Tam has a huge stack of NorCalEvo cards that he printed up. Maybe he can get some more and give them off to you.
The stack is becoming less and less huge (which actually is a good thing) but I should be able to get more printed just in time. Jan and I talked it over and I'll actually be coming up with a new design for the next batch. Collect them all! :lol:

JanSolo
02-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I am working on getting more stickers. Right now, all I have left is blue and yellow which no one seems to want for whatever reason. I am going to get some more, but it will just take a little time. I will try to have them in time for the meet on the 28th.

ytsejam
02-15-2004, 06:45 PM
hey jan,
can you get me some of the bird-dropping decals that you have? :)

thomas
02-15-2004, 11:31 PM
hey jan,

haha, LOL.

JanSolo
02-15-2004, 11:47 PM
hey jan,

I know I have that "user ban" button around here somewhere..

thomas
02-15-2004, 11:57 PM
hey jan,

I know I have that "user ban" button around here somewhere..

haha, LOL.

JanSolo
02-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Just a quick note to everyone - Works is giving a P2 reflash at the meet on the 28th. Just enter the raffle and you might win a free reflash.

Read it here (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5420).

brwnrice
02-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Just a quick note to everyone - Works is giving a P2 reflash at the meet on the 28th. Just enter the raffle and you might win a free reflash.

Read it here (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5420).

good stuff jan! by anychance have you worked out the "discounted" price for the p2 flash?

JanSolo
02-16-2004, 04:49 PM
As far as I know, it is going to be 10% off of the retail price. So basically no I have not worked out hard numbers with them. :) But when I talked to the Works guys today, they said that 10% off is generally price reduction they offer.

GBmotorsports
02-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Jan

It's gino. I just got back from a 3 day break.. I heard i-club folks are invited.

Not that we are cheap like someone said, but do you know how big the i-club meets get that we do here at the shop? :D... They are 60 cars minimum in attendance and for the folks that have not been on one of the events we do for the i-club folks, it is huge and that alone would not give you "norcalevo" a good spot as they will come by the hundreds and eat all the food and take your women and children. LMOA

I know all of them so no worries but if that is what you all want then I am down with it...

Not enough food for everyone then ?????????

My neighbors would sh1t when they see all the cars here... LOL.... I cant wait to see it....

See you then

Gino

wilson1
02-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Jan

they will come by the hundreds and eat all the food and take your women and children. LMOA

I know all of them so no worries but if that is what you all want then I am down with it...

Not enough food for everyone then ?????????

My neighbors would sh1t when they see all the cars here... LOL.... I cant wait to see it....

See you then

Gino

:lol: :lol:

GBmotorsports
02-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Okay so I did it and posted on i-club.... Expect the best meet ever :D.. I hope this makes everyone happy...:)

gino

Here is the link at i-club...
http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48798

wilson1
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
BBQ r us !!!!

EVERYONES INVITED...

Damn, Gino is a funny dude!

GBmotorsports
02-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Oh !!!! this decision is by Mike and myself so we can all have a good BBQ day....

gino/mike

brwnrice
02-16-2004, 06:11 PM
since this meet is originally an evo meet would you guys give the us the VIP parking spots? i really dont want to park twenty blocks away just to get to your shop.

GBmotorsports
02-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I just looked at the events on that weekend, D1 is on that weekend so we should be okay as far as attendees. Most folks watch that event so we should be just fine ;)..

gino

wilson1
02-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Gino,

May sure to save a good spot for me too!
Closest to the food!

Wilson

brwnrice
02-16-2004, 07:13 PM
i hope theres going to be some lumpias and pacit :P

soundwave
02-16-2004, 09:36 PM
looks like the i-club guys are coming.... woot! wonder how many will show up... lol :D

evo_dadi
02-16-2004, 09:50 PM
i hope theres going to be some lumpias and pancit :P

well it all depends on gino but if i get enough time to go early i might hook up a few so some of the guys ;)

GBmotorsports
02-17-2004, 12:27 AM
hook it up marcel :D

wilson no worries I got ya covered...

brwnrice if the pancit gets there b4 u I will eat some lol...

gino

BluEvo
02-17-2004, 10:38 AM
lumpias and pancit! yummmmm! :)

evo_dadi
02-17-2004, 01:42 PM
ill see if i can bring some grubs since im gonna be coming late for the meet.

CollinsT
02-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I will be there for the 28th, damn a works p2reflash giveaway damn Ill call it. I hope there is gonna be alot of cars there

DB8GSR
02-20-2004, 10:45 AM
ill see if i can bring some grubs since im gonna be coming late for the meet.

If we all pitch in... maybe we can come up and have a nice roasted pig and goat on the table along with some pancit and lumpia! Whatever is left on the goat... might as well drop that on the grille. :twisted: :wink: :wink:

rodw
02-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Ray... I thought u ate enough goat on ur vacation!

DB8GSR
02-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Ray... I thought u ate enough goat on ur vacation!

You kidding? It's N3VAR enough!! :P :P

brwnrice
02-20-2004, 06:21 PM
what's that goat soup called again? :roll:

BluEvo
02-20-2004, 06:36 PM
what's that goat soup called again? :roll:
papa'itan...... or you want some kilawin........i'm for both! :)

GBmotorsports
02-21-2004, 01:33 AM
that goat stuff will make you stink when you sweat..LOL.... i have to try it one day :D..

JanSolo
02-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Just a quick update for people who are interested in getting the Xflash at the meet. Shiv informed that he will be giving out a discount of 10% off of baseline Xflashes at the meet. The regular price for the baseline Xflash is 395$.

GBmotorsports
02-23-2004, 03:43 PM
http://www.mpjforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=d6b454f59d1a8b1ec7fa12b0192f21aa&threadid=1363

Some specials that we have instock now and more to arrive for all.....

gino

torrentprime
02-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi all
Newbie to the forum.
I found a NorCalEvo.net card on my Evo downtown in San Ho a few weeks ago, so here I am.
Don't know ANYONE here--should I come out on Saturday? Do you guys tolerate newbies? :)
This site looks awesome; I already see a bunch of stuff I really want to buy...

JanSolo
02-23-2004, 03:46 PM
This will make peoples lives easier. The list:
----

Well we actually have the following instock...

Cusco Front sway bars $225

Cusco Rear sway bars $225

Cusco Rear strut bars $150

Samco Turbo hoses (for the EVO 8 not the EVO 7 ones like some vendors) $235 Blue and Red, Black arriving on Monday.

Samco Coolant hoses $95

HKS Racing suction intake kit (the good one) $335

Greddy Emanage (including fuel and injector harnesses) $350 ($475 with tuning tool)

JIC FLT-A2 coilovers $1695

HKS Hi Power exhuast $515

We have the following avialable for pre-order,

HKS Anniversary Hi Power $635

HKS Carbon TI $775

HKS Cam gear (pairs) $335

HKS Cams (please spec desired duration and lift) $255 (pricing is per cam)

HKS Downpipe $350

Perrin Short Antenna $20

BluEvo
02-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi all
Newbie to the forum.
I found a NorCalEvo.net card on my Evo downtown in San Ho a few weeks ago, so here I am.
Don't know ANYONE here--should I come out on Saturday? Do you guys tolerate newbies? :)
don't have to ask....just come :wink: Many ppl r coming out for the first time on the 28th and some even tonite at 7pm el camino/ lawrence expressway starbucks. look under the Monday Night Meets forum. welcome to the club!

BluEvo
02-23-2004, 04:05 PM
http://www.mpjforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=d6b454f59d1a8b1ec7fa12b0192f21aa&threadid=1363

Some specials that we have instock now and more to arrive for all.....

gino
didn't see the GFB bov's on the list. r u still going to have those available? hopefully u will.....

JanSolo
02-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi all
Newbie to the forum.

Everyone is a n00bie at some time, so no worries. And this goes to show that Tam's idea with the cards is working. Like The Blueevo said, come to the meet on saturday and if you are free tonight, the meet over at Starbucks.

vtluu
02-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi all
Newbie to the forum.
Cool, was it a blue Evo parked right next to the elevators on the 3rd (?) floor of a parking garage? (If so, it was me who left the card.)

In any case, I'm glad you finally found us! New members are most definitely welcome!
:buds:

BluEvo
02-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Everyone is a n00bie at some time, so no worries. And this goes to show that Tam's idea with the cards is working. Like The Blueevo said, come to the meet on saturday and if you are free tonight, the meet over at Starbucks.
i know it may seem kinda scary to meet ppl online, but unlike online dating we r not there to fool u.......(like not be what we appear to be). for instance u show up and all u see is a bunch of V8's waiting to gobble u up! haha jus palyin lolz

torrentprime
02-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Cool, was it a blue Evo parked right next to the elevators on the 3rd (?) floor of a parking garage? (If so, it was me who left the card.)

In any case, I'm glad you finally found us! New members are most definitely welcome!

Damn dude--good memory. Yeah, that's it. We always drink across the street from that garage, and I end up with my car there until closing. It's hard to find a sober driver at 2 AM. lol

brwnrice
02-23-2004, 05:36 PM
i have yet to dispose the cards that tam gave me. if i can only find an evo that is sitting still and not chasing them in the freeway then maybe i can get rid of the cards.

BluEvo
02-23-2004, 05:46 PM

Damn dude--good memory. Yeah, that's it. We always drink across the street from that garage, and I end up with my car there until closing. It's hard to find a sober driver at 2 AM. lol
R we talking about the parking garage on Market next to Chickin Coupe? If thats the one, i saw ur Evo also about a month ago, i didn't have any cars then though. I was like there's my twin!

torrentprime
02-23-2004, 07:07 PM
R we talking about the parking garage on Market next to Chickin Coupe?
A Chickin coupe? Is that a new Honda? lol

Yup--the garage between Market and San Pedro.
Completely off-topic post: if you haven't yet (and are 21+) check out O'Flaherty's on San Pedro. It's next to Peggy Sue's. Awesome Irish pub. The owner is from Ireland, is ALWAYS there and willing to talk, and the bartenders are cool and make good drinks.
You'll see my car there most Fridays or Saturdays. :buds:

brwnrice
02-23-2004, 07:30 PM
hmm...might have to check it out. it's always good to go to a different venue once in awhile.

s13chica
02-23-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm always down to go out and get a drink or two...lets plan something...it could be fun!

torrentprime
02-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Nice meeting you tonight.
Sounds cool! It is an awesome place to hang; music is never too loud, and they have plenty of seats for people. It is not all bar and no space.
But yeah, we should plan a hangout there some night; maybe the night before we go to a meet, like Friday or something?!?
I will actually be there tomorrow at 6 for a small hangout with some friends from work if anyone wants to drop by.

559EVO
02-24-2004, 12:29 AM
So WRX'S are invited to the meet right??

wilson1
02-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Correct!!

JanSolo
02-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Just an update on the GFB BOV situation.

Unfortunately, MPJ Performance/GB Motorsports will not have the BOVs in time for the meet on the 28th.

There is some good news, though. I talked to Pete @ Works today on the phone and he has informed me that they will have them in time for us. How many? What kind of discount? How much will they cost to install if you want them to do it? All of these things I unfortunately do not have an answer to right now.

I will keep you guys updated as I get more info.

brwnrice
02-27-2004, 07:56 PM
@#@$#%! :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x gotta work tomorrow. it looks like i'm going to miss the drive. i'm going to meet you guys at the shop after work. hopefully you guys should still be there.

JanSolo
02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Actually, we are going to cancel the event just cuz you can't be there.

Just kidding. ;)

brwnrice
02-27-2004, 08:11 PM
hahaha, yeah i know the meet cant go on without me!
8)

brwnrice
02-27-2004, 08:15 PM
jan, any changes on the price of the p2 flash or is it still 10% off?

JanSolo
02-28-2004, 01:39 AM
I don't know if there are any changes on the price of the P2. Last I heard was 10% off, but you never know!

The site is slow right now.. I'd call it the "calm before the storm". See all of you guys in a few hours. :)

blitzkrgCT9A
02-28-2004, 02:22 AM
Drive Safely. ;)

RuckerPark
02-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Looks like it will be a lot of fun. see you all there.

ytsejam
02-28-2004, 09:25 AM
2/28 is here...
see you guys

brwnrice
02-28-2004, 09:40 AM
hey guys, tell the works peeps not to start the free p2 flash raffle without me!

dan avoN7
02-28-2004, 04:39 PM
that was a great meet, i left mpj around 2:30 since my friend had to be home but i had alot of fun. I was the guy with the black wrx that was in the first group of cars on palomeras. I wish i-club would do more drives instead of just meets. I talked to jan solo and he said you guys are starting to do alot of drives, if you dont mind i would like to come on some.

-Dan Avon

soundwave
02-28-2004, 04:48 PM
woah, huge turnout. not a bad drive at all, too many road/mt. bikers. pics will be up later tonight.

Dan - i do a lot of drives in the bay area... 10+ in the last 3 months. i post on i-club/nasioc but not many people go... usually 3-5 cars.

torrentprime
02-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Yes, it was awesome. I didn't win anything though.... :(
Got my head filled with some ideas for good stuff to buy though.

And not to ever be disloyal to our mighty Evos, but that black WRX was s i c k.

wilson1
02-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Great meet, and thanks to Jansolo, Tam, and others for setting it up!
We really do appreciate it, and again, THANKS!

BluEvo
02-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Yes, it was awesome. I didn't win anything though.... :(
Got my head filled with some ideas for good stuff to buy though.
yo don't feel bad bro, i didn't either, maybe at the next meet :wink:

that was a pretty big turn out. got to put a few more faces to screen names. to all of those who i met today, too many to mention, but it was cool meeting ya guys and gals.

Terrence

brwnrice
02-28-2004, 08:27 PM
neeneerrr....neenerrr...neeennneerr! got my p2 flash today! :twisted: :twisted: damn, thats the last of the tax refund money :cry:

SouthernCrane
02-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Today was a great meet. I would like thank the following peeps:

Jan for organizing the meet and buying things for the raffle.
GB Motorsports for hosting.
Tam for taking the time to record (video and sound) all various exhausts.
Invisi-Guard for the free film paint protection.
WORKS for supplying a P2 flash for the raffle.

If I forgot someone please forgive.

Good to see everyone there, and hope to see you soon.

brwnrice
02-28-2004, 09:15 PM
you forgot me for helping tam record the various exhausts

BluEvo
02-28-2004, 09:17 PM
If I forgot someone please forgive.

U forgot me man, for taking a pic of ur ride and posting it in the Meets Galleries. lolz

Anyone who wants add any pics, I posted a few in the a gallery. Check em out!

SouthernCrane
02-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Sorry guys, Thanks to brwnrice and BluEvo for what they said they did above. :lol:

JanSolo
02-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Wow, that was cool. But time for my rant.. :) If you don't want to hear me bitch, just skip down about 3 paragraphs.

First, tonight after everyone left, the Hayward police showed up at GB Motorsports and inspected Marcel's car, my car and Marcel's brother in law's car. They had us lift our hoods, asked us if we were using NOS, etc. They ran our drivers licenses, threatened to tow us, send us to the state referee - basically they had a good time bullying us.

Why you ask?

Apparently they had gotten 4 or 5 complaints of a "red Lancer" driving up and down Winton at very high speeds. Fortunately for the driver (but not for us), they were too busy to go hassle this street racer, showing off his car to people.

What sucks is that this person might have ruined it for everyone - if the cops had actually seen this person driving fast, they could have gone after him as he pulled into GB Motorsports and we could have all gotten lots of tickets and a free trip to the state referee. So next time you guys show up to a meet, please don't show off the speed of your car to everyone in the world. This is why we have track days - in fact, there is one coming up on the 5th of next month that you should all think about attending.

I want to thank every one of you guys that showed up. But, I want to give special thanks to 2 people for helping out a lot.

First of all, Nebolic - thank you for doing so much work, organizing the Sacramento convoy. Without your help, us SF Bay Area Evo owners would surely have been outnumbered by the WRX guys. ;) And those WRX guys are a scary and intimidating lot!

Tam for putting so much effort into recording all the exhausts. He put more effort into it than I had expected and did an incredible and thoroughly detailed job. I cannot wait to see how the videos and sound files turned out. Too bad those damned airplanes kept on ruining his takes.

BTW - Lord Stockdale had the loudest exhaust of the day - 101db. Ouch!

One last "thank you" to WorksRally and GB Motorsports / MPJ Performance. WorksRally graciously donated a P2 ECU reflash for the raffle and all of us appreciate their generosity. Then there is GB Motorsports / MPJ Performance who went out of their way and handed out all the Perrin items. This was a lot more than expected and it allowed more people to walk away with something cool (and free) just for showing up.

Damn. That was a lot of words to type.

evo_dadi
02-28-2004, 10:14 PM
please no stupid driving or stunts at any meets!!! we all know that the evo is fast already and specially doing it on a main street is a dumb idea already as it is.

wilson1
02-28-2004, 10:21 PM
So sorry to hear that, you guys okay?

warpspeed
02-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Too bad me and nebolic and the rest of the norcal/sacramento caravan left early. I used to be a smog technician and I would have known what kind of BS the popo's were saying to the cars. Hell if we wanted to, we could have filed harassment charges on them. :lol:

BluEvo
02-28-2004, 10:36 PM
man that's not cool at all...

Jan, Marcel, did u guys drive away ticketless?

people....we have individuals working hard to put these meets on. please, let's not be reckless drivers and ruin it for everyone. it reflects on the whole club.

JanSolo
02-28-2004, 10:39 PM
We didn't get busted at all (whew!). The cops were basically there to intimidate us and send out a warning: NO racing allowed in Hayward.

jbigelow
02-28-2004, 10:39 PM
hello my norcal evo peeps.............

just wanted to say THANK YOU for the great time i had at my first evo meet and to say THANK YOU to everyone who put this meet together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was good to see the faces for the sig names!!!!!!!

i probably didn't get to meet everyone (since this was a big turnout), so i hope to meet you all soon!!!!!

this was my first meet and it gave me a whole lot of ideas for modding. i also won a works p2 flash and a perrin antenna during the raffle!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx to all!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH JANSOLO - SORRY TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE POPOS.
HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING IS OK!!!!!!!!!!!

-jbigelow aka john

BTW - join www.myspace.com and sign up as a buddy: my e-mail is [email protected]

Dogtown
02-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I'll be the first to admit going to an event and getting all into your cars gets you pumped up and you wanna drive fast, but

please no stupid driving or stunts at any meets!!! we all know that the evo is fast already and specially doing it on a main street is a dumb idea already as it is.

He's so right acting stupid at an event like that will affect more then just you. That being said I know a few cops and the way they work. Most likely It was one complaint (and someone probably was speeding how much is subjective to whomever reported it) but they always make it sound more serious so their actions seem more justified.

Bottom line don't do anything to crazy because what doesn't seem like a big deal to you will probably really piss some other asshole off. Ain't it a wonderful world?

Mrs. Solo
02-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Not only did they look under the hood of the EVO's, but then started to check out the WRX's that were just sitting parked in the lot. The Sergeant asked who owned the shop, (Gino had already left before the 4 police cars showed up), so he ended up talking to one of the guys that works there. Started threatening that if this ever happens again that they're going to bring the fire Marshall and shut down the shop or at least have a fire inspection done, etc. It was ridiculous!! I mean seriously, pulling lame stunts like this can shut down shops and screw your fellow car enthusiasts over. The only thing that saved the guys from not getting their cars towed was the fact that we were on private property.
At least the cops weren't total punks by waiting for everyone to leave and then pull people over out on the street. They were nice enough to leave everyone alone at that point.
Other than that i had a great time at the meet! Thanks again to everyone that made it happen and to all that showed up :D

evo_dadi
02-28-2004, 10:52 PM
yeah we drove home ticketless from that hassle but what just got me and my wife upset was their supervisor who asked if we understood english!! i mean we were trying to listen while he was talking but just because we werent saying anything back doesnt mean we dont understand him.

and dogtown is right it might be fun for you and it doesnt seem like a hassle but it is for somebodys else who's not doing anything wrong but gets hassled anyways coz its the same car.

wilson1
02-28-2004, 10:57 PM
damn, could you imagine if everyone was still at the meet and we all got tickets or something!

Dogtown
02-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Better yet if they just set up shop and waited for us to leave. That would have been spectacular. Luckly the average cop has better things to do. (or should)

evo_dadi
02-28-2004, 11:07 PM
dunno bout these cops they knew a lot about imports now and one of them was telling us that the union city po's are expert on distinguishing mods.

Dogtown
02-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey if your running legal mods then thats a good thing getting pulled over for having a modded something when your still bone stock is kind of annoying.

warpspeed
02-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Union City.....try Fremont police. They gave a friend of mine that is a SJ police a warning about his civic which he was driving on his day off. My friend said that he is a SJ cop and they just told him, "you should know better"

evo_dadi
02-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Union City.....try Fremont police. They gave a friend of mine that is a SJ police a warning about his civic which he was driving on his day off. My friend said that he is a SJ cop and they just told him, "you should know better"

wow :shock: and you would think it will be more like" ah ok youre a cop to,well ill give you a warning for now and get your car fixed"

Mrs. Solo
02-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Street cops do take classes on how to tell a car is modified. They don't always get it right but they definitely know what to look or listen for these days. Jan may have his cop friend come talk at one of the meets (which i think is a great idea), and explain what they look for, what's legal and whats not (although i'm sure most of you know that info already in regards to the legal and not legal schtuff). Anywho, not sure what meet it would be since he tends to work on the weekends but hopefully sooner than later.

GReddy_917
02-29-2004, 01:20 AM
That was a great meet and Im glad that I can put some faces and names together now...

BIG thanks to Jan and Tam...you guys are great!!

Also, thanks to Gino and the gang...for your supporting our community as well as the groovy discounts/free stuff :)

Too bad about the 5-0 harrassing you guys...I hate it when things like that happen. Hmmm....."red lancer"....hmmmm...

CollinsT
02-29-2004, 03:09 AM
Ok that was the first meet that I have ever been to and boy was it a tight one. First of all I was the one that won the HKS drop in intake, and I was also recording some of the exhausts with my camera, both sound ans the way it looked under the car. Damn I didnt get a p2 though, oh well there is always next meet. I got some pics of the Sacramento convoy that I was a part of. Damn 12 deep in the freeway now that is a sight.

brwnrice
02-29-2004, 03:11 AM
tam! stop speeding already, dont tackle the corners as if you were at an autox! j/k

Broken Arrow
02-29-2004, 03:26 AM
Very interesting meet. Nice turn out for the WRXs and EVOs. Maybe for future events, I think all this drama with the Hayward P.D. could of been avoided if there was some type of events list provided to Gino and Mike prior to the actual meet.

Things like where to park so people could get in and out of the lot, and also on the side street. Also, the do's and don'ts of driving around that specific area.

It's nice to see all the high-powered cars, but when people are zipping in and out and attracting too much attention, the H.P.D. will get complaints and show up.

This is not a good thing, and since they came to G.B.Motorsports / MPJ Performance and tried to find out what's up, it bring's more attention to the hosts of this event. They don't need negative attention, just positive.

The donated give aways cost some $$$$ , also the food which cost $$$$ too. Thanks and appreciation should be given to Gino and MIke.

Definately this can be viewed as a learning expierience, hopefully we can still continue to have these cool events with out the H.P.D. or other P.D.s getting some complaints .

Let's learn from this and work on having events that are fun, safe, and awesome! :D

B.A.

EvolvedDSM
02-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Another big thanks to all those who put forth time, money and effort to get this together. It was good to meet those that I did, but I've already forgotten names ;) I think I owe an extra thanks to GB/MPJ for the SS brake lines, but unsure who actually provided them for the raffle. Either way, it was good to finally get out and I look forward to future gatherings.

JanSolo
02-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Jamie, you were there and didn't even say "yo" to me?

PUNK!

Mike from MPJ Performance handed me the brake lines for raffle. Now you have an extra set. :)

EvolvedDSM
02-29-2004, 10:16 AM
I didn't know it was you until you were busy with the raffle and I had to leave shortly thereafter. You saw me... I took the brake lines right from your hand ;) Don't worry, I'm sure we'll "meet" again soon.

nebolic
02-29-2004, 11:23 AM
thanks Jan, glad I could be of assistance. Hopefully, we can have another safe meet very soon, no more stunts. And thanks to Tam for recording the exhaust sounds, and everybody else that helped out.

blitzkrgCT9A
02-29-2004, 12:49 PM
I know who was driving that red lancer up n down the street at hi-speeds, but i won't mention his/her name now since not anyone actually got a ticket.

I hope nothing like this happens next time. It gives us a bad name and also gives the shop that's hosting the event a bad rep. (under police watch is not a good idea)

JanSolo
02-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Did anyone get a chance to check out Shiv's stage 2? The last time I saw it is when he went to the Works dyno day at ATP. He said that he has improved on it since the outing there.

I really wanted to check it out, but duty called and I didn't get to socialize as much as I had wanted.

thomas
02-29-2004, 07:41 PM
i posted something similar to this in the general section, but would like to thank everyone that was involved for a great meet.

thx again jan and GB for the hospitality. the meet was awesome.

i think the idea of having name badges is a good one. also having a bbq @a park/car meet is kinda cool too. but my favorite would be..

definitely the wet T-shirt contest. c'mon ladies step up...hahaha :wink:

thx again guys.

Dogtown
02-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Did anyone get a chance to check out Shiv's stage 2? The last time I saw it is when he went to the Works dyno day at ATP. He said that he has improved on it since the outing there.

I really wanted to check it out, but duty called and I didn't get to socialize as much as I had wanted.

I don't know what all was in it at the works Dyno day but he was saying he was pushing 550 hp (I think) he had that new manifold as well, but when I was in thier shop the other day they were showing me a prototype stage 2 that was running off the stockj manifold. My guess is one will be stage 2 the other stage 2 signiture or + or something, but I won't be messing with that for another 3 years or so. :lol:

vtluu
02-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Wow, that was cool. But time for my rant.. :)
At the risk of sounding like the grumpy old man that I am, there's one more issue I'd like to rant about:

Please, please take it easy when driving in a parking lot, especially one crowded with people standing and walking around and pulling their cars in and out. I saw people zipping around the McCarthy Ranch parking lot at totally unreasonable speeds. A parking lot is an environment where all kinds of unexpected obstacles can just pop up out of nowhere--people walking out from behind parked cars, cars backing or pulling out suddenly, and people walking around not watching where they're going. Speeding around in a crowded parking lot you run a high risk of causing damage to your own car, someone else's, or injuring somebody. Do it at a NorCalEvo meet and you can cause everybody a ton of problems. (Need I remind anybody we live in lawsuit-happy America? :roll:)

It's hard enough to find a large parking lot that can accommodate us without us getting hassled by the police, or rent-a-cops, etc. These parking lots are private property and we could be asked to leave (and not come back) if we cause problems (or god forbid, an accident).

If you really feel the need to put your foot to the floor in a parking lot, try autocross. :wink:

Other than that, I had a great time, was thrilled to see and meet all the new faces (and forget everybody's names :lol:). Can't wait to do it again!

ob4
02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
great meet guys! post up pic soon... too bad (or luckily) i was unable to make the meet... time to get that hi-flow cat instead.

-ob4

xchoirboy
03-01-2004, 07:58 AM
Great meet - just would like to say my thanxs to Jan, Tam and Gino for making things come together. It was good to see some old faces and some new ones.

GBmotorsports
03-01-2004, 10:42 AM
qoute:
Maybe for future events, I think all this drama with the Hayward P.D. could of been avoided if there was some type of events list provided to Gino and Mike prior to the actual meet.

My two cents on the HPD arrival.

No worries all good with HPD as we did nothing wrong or illegal !!!!!

My father is a police officer and you may not notice this, but we always have at least 2 to 6 cops at these events, they are customers like you folks who love cars period. Our cop customers do learn a few things to watch for on mods and a big issue is" Illegal street racing supporters" and that we do not support and never even attended any since we started 14 years ago. :D....

See everyone in past meet and greet events we hold at the shop know how to handle themselves and stop illegal activities if they see or hear one comming like "hey can we go for a ride in your car?" you can definitely say please dont do it here.

What we cannot do is control the streets outside the facility but you as a participant can by telling them to do it elsewhere and not there at the BBQ event.

Enjoy your car and test it at the track/autocross events ;). We do and last. Always think twice on what it is you are about to do in public owned roads and it will all be okay!!!!

Remember if you think that a high flow cat makes you legal with the all the mods you have? Think again because your faith is up to the police officer pulling you over. No one knows what you have on your car and thus a ticket and a sticker behind that ticket (state ref sticker) will verify that. Do not give them a reason to pull you over ;)...

No hassle tip !!! # 1

"TAKE THAT TINT OFF THE FRONT WINDOWS AND STAY AWAY FROM CRUISING AREAS AND PUT THAT LICENSE PLATE BACK ON THE FRONT OF THE CAR"

see you all soon

gino.mike.andrew

GBmotorsports
03-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Who won the Perrin Pulley ? That came with a free install you know...

JanSolo
03-01-2004, 01:24 PM
This meet would not have been possible without the generosity of Gino and Mike. These guys gave so much stuff out, gave us all free food and were phenomenal hosts. So, thank you to everyone for your props, but please make sure to send as much "thank yous" as you can to these two (who are looking oh so sexy in their new NorCalEvo aprons, both of which were donated by Super Moderator Tam).

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album38/Mike_Gino.sized.jpg

BluEvo
03-01-2004, 01:34 PM
gotta get me one of those aprons.....so i can cheese like Gino and Mike! :D lolz

Thanks Gino and Mike for the hospitality and a great meet!

559EVO
03-01-2004, 08:53 PM
This was also my first meet and it was bigger than I though it would be.I have to say that the drive through those hills should be part of every meet.I was part of the first pack and man that black WRX was doing good hanging with us.

brwnrice
03-01-2004, 10:28 PM
too bad we got lost on the hills because bluevo (terrence) can not keep up with daniel! :D :D j/k

gino, what happened to the pancit? i only got to eat two chicken wings and for awhile i was cooking my own burger. i went to go tinkle then when i came back my burger was gone! :evil: :evil: whoever took my burger shame on you. :twisted:

gino/mike thanks for all your generosity and i'm sure you have gained some new customers.

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 10:32 PM
lol i was the one who was gonna bring those grubs man but since i got there late and no time for cooking.

Invisiguard
03-03-2004, 12:19 AM
And those WRX guys are a scary and intimidating lot!

Aww, were all a bunch of pussycats :wink:

Greetings from I-club! Great turn out to other day, I see a bunch more EVO/WRX get togethers in the future! I'll be sure to post a link to our meets and drives here, everyones always welcome whatever they drive, as long as you dont mind getting a bit dirty(your car that is) :lol:

Thanks for the good word SouthernCrane, see you on Friday, you will be very pleased with your install! 8)

Jeremy
[email protected]

SouthernCrane
03-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the good word SouthernCrane, see you on Friday, you will be very pleased with your install! 8)

Jeremy
[email protected]

Can't wait :D

torrentprime
03-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Just saw this post (it's been a crazy week).
Here I thought I was driving all wimpy, and people are telling me I was driving all crazy.
Woo-hoo! I am becoming an evil car enthusiast...