PDA

View Full Version : Christmas funding in...need install recommendation

SJCoruja
12-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Hello! First, thanks to all those who have contributed info during my clutch dilemna. I have to have a running car by next week, and I only have about 1250 or so to use. I really have no choice but to go with the ACT clutch/Fidanza combo (but the CK2/Spin is going in next time FOR SURE!), so that leaves about 450 or less (depending on where I get the parts) for installation. I would love to have WORKS do it, but barring them letting me sweep the shop in exchange I can't afford that level of service quite yet (but again, I do know it would be worth it). Does anyone know of a local shop that could either get me all the parts and install for around 1300, or at least a trustworty mechanic shop (preferably San Jose since I have to have my Evo towed in) that can install the parts I get off the internet for around 450? Again, I know the right answer is to wait, but I just don't have that option anymore. Thanks all!!!

Matt

PS Obviously I will just go with the OEM clutch or just the ACT if I absolutely have to later this week, but that would KILL me to waste the labor on something that I know I will replace a few months down the road.

garrick70
12-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Have you tried Cal at gruppe-S??

EvoVIII
12-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Have you tried Cal at gruppe-S??
he is in vacation

SJCoruja
12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Actually did call down to Gruppe-S and spoke to Mike I believe...REALLY great guy and I hope to do business with them. The only problem was the install was more than I have... I need to get a serisously screaming internet deal on parts (or buy used from SoCalEvo) to be able to afford it, plus they are pretty busy and can't get to it until Thursday. Again though, awesome folks at Gruppe-S and took the time to answer my questions very fairly. Keep the suggestions coming please! :)

SJCoruja
12-27-2004, 09:44 PM
...forgot to add...if you know someone who could do the work, or are a vendor or shop that could get me where I need to be, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!

brwnrice
12-27-2004, 10:50 PM
have you tried calling snorre at san rafael mitsu or jamie?

SJCoruja
12-28-2004, 12:17 PM
I did call down to San Rafael, but Snorre was out. The service tech was awesome and gave me a ton of great info and help, but in the end it would be way more expensive to take it there (without an existing warranty-related claim so I could save a ton on labor). I also talked to the guys at WORKS, and while (or course) the customer service and info was top notch, I just don't have enough cash for the expert labor.