PDA

View Full Version : Got my 05 Evol today

mrprotocols
12-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Wat supper everyone, Newbie here...... I just got my 05 Evol today with leather......

I was at the dealer for a while to decide what to get MR or Leather.... At the end i picked leather interior instead =)...

brwnrice
12-28-2004, 09:29 PM
congrats and welcome to the boards man. so, did you get the sound and something... package?

mrprotocols
12-28-2004, 09:36 PM
congrats and welcome to the boards man. so, did you get the sound and something... package?

Ye i got that package sun,sound, leather package. I just can resist the the leather interior =).

V8KiLL3R
12-28-2004, 09:55 PM
welcome to the board dude

hi_nrg_fizzix
12-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Congrats! Enjoy your new smile factory!

EvoVIII
12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
what color is ur car?

jbenosa
12-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Right on, enjoy the ride and don't do anything foolish as I have done many times before!

wilson1
12-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Welcome!

mrprotocols
12-28-2004, 11:21 PM
what color is ur car?
Sliver

chris
12-28-2004, 11:32 PM
eastbay san jose? =X welcome to the boards.

-chris

Jakeg97
12-29-2004, 12:13 AM
congrats :)

GokuSSJ4
12-29-2004, 03:31 AM
Welcome !!!!

xchoirboy
12-29-2004, 07:54 AM
welcome

garrick70
12-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Welcome to NorCalEvo! :D

DnB_design
12-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Greetings & Salutations! :peewee:

kimmievo
12-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the boards!!!

MarkSAE
12-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Nice! Congrats on the new car and welcome! Hope to see you at the next meet.

BluEvo
12-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the club!

mrprotocols
12-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone =).... I ride my bike for too long, is time for me to play with the cars again =)..

I am gonna go to gruppe-s next week to check out some stuff =)..... Any suggestion what to get? I am still trying to do some research on the Evol upgrade =)....

toasty
12-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the boards. :buds: <== drink to that.
By the way where did you purchase your EVO, and how much OTD price. I'm still think about mine. :read:

BluEvo
12-29-2004, 12:34 PM
I am gonna go to gruppe-s next week to check out some stuff =)..... Any suggestion what to get? I am still trying to do some research on the Evo upgrade =)....imo, break that baby in before you mod it out. get the feel for the stock power, so you can feel some of the differences when u start to add additional power mods.

with that all aside, i don't know what kind of budget ur at, but i would definetly recommend getting a catback exhaust and maybe even a dp to open up that air flow. it's a mod you can feel up front and i think many of the other members with catbacks and(or) turbo backs will agree.... :wink:

mrprotocols
12-29-2004, 02:57 PM
By the way where did you purchase your EVO, and how much OTD price. I'm still think about mine. :read:

I visited 5 dealers around the bay area... Got my Evo at San Rafel Mits.... Try to give a call over there and talk to Chris =)....

toasty
12-29-2004, 06:09 PM

I visited 5 dealers around the bay area... Got my Evo at San Rafel Mits.... Try to give a call over there and talk to Chris =)....

Thanks for the update, will do. :P

lancerboy
12-29-2004, 11:50 PM
you have made a right a choice. WELCOME TO NorCalEvo!

dohcvtec
12-30-2004, 10:43 AM

got mine at san rafael too. only place in the bay area you should buy an evo :)

toasty
12-30-2004, 11:13 AM

Who is the better salperson in Mitsu San Rafael, Chris, Erik, or someone else that anyone have experience. Are the price(s) that you want the car for acheived? What was the OTD price? :?:

rpj5150
12-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Wat supper everyone, Newbie here...... I just got my 05 Evol today with leather......

I was at the dealer for a while to decide what to get MR or Leather.... At the end i picked leather interior instead =)...

Congratz on the new EVO

I picked up my 05 EVO on NOV 8th and was going through the same problem. MR or Leather. I picked the leather also.

dohcvtec
12-30-2004, 04:47 PM

Who is the better salperson in Mitsu San Rafael, Chris, Erik, or someone else that anyone have experience. Are the price(s) that you want the car for acheived? What was the OTD price? :?:
chris made the sale but snorre set the price. had a good tech talk with him and afterwards he gave me a great price on the new 05 gsr. they had only just come in a few days prior. it was a lot under msrp and hardly over invoice :)

SouthernCrane
12-30-2004, 04:49 PM
welcome and congrats 8)

DB8GSR
12-30-2004, 05:01 PM
welcome and congrats 8)

:skid:

toasty
12-30-2004, 05:56 PM

chris made the sale but snorre set the price. had a good tech talk with him and afterwards he gave me a great price on the new 05 gsr. they had only just come in a few days prior. it was a lot under msrp and hardly over invoice :)

So, what is the actual price that you got your 05' for. I like some ideas of a price to shoot for when going to the San Rafael Dealership.

r6bruin
12-30-2004, 06:02 PM
I am gonna go to gruppe-s next week to check out some stuff =)..... Any suggestion what to get? I am still trying to do some research on the Evol upgrade =)....

Welcome aboard! May I suggest some lowering springs while you break in the car? As some other board member mentioned, it is actually better to start modifying the car after the break-in period. :roll:

mrprotocols
12-31-2004, 02:49 AM
Thanks everyone =).... I got my blitz DC2 turbo timer, and clifford alarm installed tonight...

I will do the rest of the upgrade after the break in period =)....

Next thing I wanted to get is the boost controller, and BOV. Any Suggestion? =)

JanSolo
12-31-2004, 03:32 AM
GFB blow off valve and skip the boost controller. Get some real tuning done to the car since a boost controller is just one part of the equation when it comes to extracting more power of the Evo.

Before the power though, you might want to consider a driving school or track instruction.

mrprotocols
12-31-2004, 03:19 PM
GFB blow off valve and skip the boost controller. Get some real tuning done to the car since a boost controller is just one part of the equation when it comes to extracting more power of the Evo. .

Thank You

Before the power though, you might want to consider a driving school or track instruction.

I have attended track school and open track before w/ my GIXXER. Most likely I will do the same w/ the Evo.. =) Thank You

mrprotocols
02-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Got my HKS RS and Advan RG put on today =)

Before with Stock Rims:
http://home.covad.net/~mrprotocols/DSC00006.JPG

After with Advan RG =):
http://home.covad.net/~mrprotocols/DSC00007.JPGhttp://home.covad.net/~mrprotocols/DSC00008.JPG

wilson1
02-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Very nice!