PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal Evo X tuners?

xbox4414
04-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Any one in Nor Cal tuning the Evo X yet? I know Vishnu is beta testing the PROcede, but any one reflashing or gonna be offering a reflash tuning solution for the Evo X in Nor Cal?

overdrive
04-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Any one in Nor Cal tuning the Evo X yet? I know Vishnu is beta testing the PROcede, but any one reflashing or gonna be offering a reflash tuning solution for the Evo X in Nor Cal?

I heard from Concord mitsu that mitsubishi is bringing out a chip for the EVO X sometime this summer.

Or is it a reflashed chip??

Someone please clarify. Thanks!

DirectorSe7en
04-17-2008, 11:21 AM
There is a factory reflash for the X GSR that is out now to fix some known issues. Think of it as a firmware upgrade on a computer. Head to any Mitsu dealer to get it.

As for tuning, ECUtek has released tuning software. Express your interest to GST Motorsports in Hayward, as I'm under the impression they'll offer the ECUtek flash if there is enough general interest.

Kasaper
04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Give Shiv a call at Vishnu, see if he still has his test mule X, the test drive I took a two months ago was very impressive!! I would guestimate he was making about 370 AWD at the wheels with just a catback and reflash!! :P

DirectorSe7en
04-17-2008, 11:27 AM
^I have nothing against the man and his talent, but a piggyback vs an actual flash should be a no-brainer IMO anyway.

xbox4414
04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Ya I haven’t heard of any performance parts straight from Mitsu so that "chip" is probably just a rumor and that is all. I was at Concord Mitsu Monday and asked about performance parts and they said to visit the store across the street. LOL. I thought they would at least have an intake and cat-back planned like the MazdaSpeed performance parts line, but I guess not.

I was thinking about the PROcede but I do want an actual flash, not a piggy back, but I really don't know what to do at this time. If all we have is Shiv and no one offers ECUtek I might give him a call.

DirectorSe7en
04-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Mitsu Chip = Not true.

And I'm no expert, but I'm sure having a piggyback or evidence of such will void your warranty. Yes, this is also true with an ECU Flash, but I'm under the impression the flash is less detectable.

There are plenty performance parts for the Evo X, visit any one of the following websites for Evo X parts; AMS, TurboTrix, AGP, Buschur, ETS, etc....

overdrive
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Ya I haven’t heard of any performance parts straight from Mitsu so that "chip" is probably just a rumor and that is all. I was at Concord Mitsu Monday and asked about performance parts and they said to visit the store across the street. LOL. I thought they would at least have an intake and cat-back planned like the MazdaSpeed performance parts line, but I guess not.

I was thinking about the PROcede but I do want an actual flash, not a piggy back, but I really don't know what to do at this time. If all we have is Shiv and no one offers ECUtek I might give him a call.

Have you seen this video??

Pretty impressive for $1K more.

Vishnu X (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Followup/articleId=125372) <---Click! (Just play the video)

Unowned
04-17-2008, 11:53 AM
flash only for my X... I'll wait.... I have an XEDE (that collects dust) so i know I won't do Shiv this round

Kasaper
04-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah! I feel you I had to get a EVO 9 harness for my EXEDE from Australia, but I still like Shiv's pioneering as he seems to always be looking at next project cars to MOD. 8)

earlyapex aka jack ass
04-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Give Shiv a call at Vishnu, see if he still has his test mule X, the test drive I took a two months ago was very impressive!! I would guestimate he was making about 370 AWD at the wheels with just a catback and reflash!! :P

Not 370. More like 300. ;)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=323641

earlyapex aka jack ass
04-17-2008, 07:02 PM

EcuTek is out. With limited mapping abilities however. It's enough to do a decent tune but not as robust as current mapping for Evo 8 and 9's. Currently we feel that it's not mature enough to offer yet but if we get enough people knocking down our doors we will think about offering it.

COBB Accessport should be out soon. Full remapping, switchable maps, valet mode, real-time data (somewhat limited), Dyno feature and 1/4 times.

We are also working on finalizing our GST budget filter for the Evo X. Current testing shows +22whp/+22wtq from just bolting it on. Probably the best bang for the buck out right now.

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=27716.msg466915#msg466915

player67
04-17-2008, 07:10 PM
coool vid

dabaysevo
04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Give Shiv a call at Vishnu, see if he still has his test mule X, the test drive I took a two months ago was very impressive!!Â* I would guestimate he was making about 370 AWDÂ* at the wheels with just a catback and reflash!!Â* :P

Not 370. More like 300. ;)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=323641

What's funny about that link is that you can see how far out of the loop Shiv is as far what can be done on evos.Â* He makes it seem as if you still need a 30R turbo just to get 320whp on a load type dyno on 91oct.Â* I remember when 320 was high powered on a race gas tune VIII.

xbox4414
04-17-2008, 07:44 PM

EcuTek is out. With limited mapping abilities however. It's enough to do a decent tune but not as robust as current mapping for Evo 8 and 9's. Currently we feel that it's not mature enough to offer yet but if we get enough people knocking down our doors we will think about offering it.

COBB Accessport should be out soon. Full remapping, switchable maps, valet mode, real-time data (somewhat limited), Dyno feature and 1/4 times.

We are also working on finalizing our GST budget filter for the Evo X. Current testing shows +22whp/+22wtq from just bolting it on. Probably the best bang for the buck out right now.

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=27716.msg466915#msg466915

If it is true that the COBB AP is coming out soon then I will get that. I liked what they were doing the MazdaSpeed3. The AP seems like a sweet ECU flasher.

Bill@WORKS
05-28-2008, 02:39 PM
WORKS is currently flashing and tuning EVO Xs. We are using our own flash and boost hose, all completely developed in house, and we are seeing some nice gains.
Give us a call and we can set up an appointment for a flash and some complimentary (limited time) tuning.

-Bill@WORKS
415-226-2500

bbqkhoi
05-30-2008, 12:24 AM
i heard eip just got a program to tune the X

DirectorSe7en
05-30-2008, 12:32 AM
EIP is using ECUtek.

Bill@WORKS
05-30-2008, 09:55 AM
We are seeing a nice broad power curve with 40-45 horsepower across much of the range. I'll try and get a before/after dyno graph up here as soon as I can.

-Bill@WORKS

Bill@WORKS
05-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Here is a dyno chart from an EVO we flashed a few days ago. The points we marked with the cross hairs are simply the peak power points, but if you look further up the rpm range you'll notice that the net horsepower gains jump up quite a bit more. The car came in with our drop in filter but other wise bone stock (before run), and after was just our Flash and tuning. All tuning was done on our in house Dynapack Dyno. It was recently calibrated by Dynapack but seems to read a consistant 15% lower than many other dynos, so you can factor that into both before and after runs if peak numbers are what you're after. This is power at the wheels.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/billyballer/EVOXClarke.jpg

chuynh207
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
just get the WORKS tune if someone didn't already say that... hey u were there! u should know! it's great!!!

chuynh207
06-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Here is a dyno chart from an EVO we flashed a few days ago. The points we marked with the cross hairs are simply the peak power points, but if you look further up the rpm range you'll notice that the net horsepower gains jump up quite a bit more. The car came in with our drop in filter but other wise bone stock (before run), and after was just our Flash and tuning. All tuning was done on our in house Dynapack Dyno. It was recently calibrated by Dynapack but seems to read a consistant 15% lower than many other dynos, so you can factor that into both before and after runs if peak numbers are what you're after. This is power at the wheels.

so just in case I'm wrong about this, someone can correct me. My math sucks for an Asian guy btw.... 15% of 291 is 43, am I right? So therefore, since the dynapack is reading 15% lower, that means that the car has 335whp? is this correct or am I totally off?

nebolic
06-14-2008, 12:38 AM

so just in case I'm wrong about this, someone can correct me. My math sucks for an Asian guy btw.... 15% of 291 is 43, am I right? So therefore, since the dynapack is reading 15% lower, that means that the car has 335whp? is this correct or am I totally off?

you're totally off.

nebo

willitas34
06-15-2008, 08:05 PM

you're totally off.

nebo

+1^

I thought Dynapaks dyno's read HIGH actually.. :?