PDA

View Full Version : need suggestions regarding tire repair.

lancerboy
12-30-2004, 06:53 PM
just got back from veracom mitsu for my 10 mos. maintenance service. i was planning to go to WORKS for the said service but unfortunately there booked. anyways, the guys from veracom found a tiny nail on my right front tire and told me that it's unrepairable. however, there's no leak. so they recommended me to have the tire replaced. the estimate is $300+ including labor. you know how the dealership works :(

suggestions will be highly appreciated :)

V8KiLL3R
12-30-2004, 06:58 PM
dude my advice to you if it doesnt leak for me that is still good to go not unless you will be doing alot of racing then i will advice that you get them changed. :)

evo_dadi
12-30-2004, 07:54 PM
lol unrepairable right :roll: like they can see the inside side wall right away.just bring it to a tire shop and let them have a look at it,if it hasnt rip the sidewalls it should still be repairable.

nebolic
12-31-2004, 07:40 AM
if i remember correctly when i had my tire repaired, it was something like if the nail is not bigger than a dime or a nickel or something like that and it is not on the sidewall then it is definetly repairable, i think it costs $35 bucks and they warranty it.

take it to a tire store it takes about 30-40 mins to get it fixed.

Nebo

Whooopasss
12-31-2004, 08:56 AM
was it on the sidewall?

lancerboy
12-31-2004, 06:03 PM
was it on the sidewall?nope. it's on one of the grooves on the side.

lancerboy
12-31-2004, 06:05 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys! i'll probably go to a tire shop and have it checked by next week.

EvoVIII
01-12-2005, 11:59 PM
did u get it repaired?

turbotiger
01-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Alot of tire places now won't repair a tire if the nail is too close to the sidewall, even if it's on the tread. I'd go to another tire place and see if they'll repair it.

lancerboy
01-13-2005, 09:13 PM
did u get it repaired?yup! at america's tire company; for free :D

the nail is not that big but enough to make a puncture hole. my tire was patched and now it's like brand new again. good thing i didn't follow the dealer's recommendation :wink:

BluEvo
01-14-2005, 06:13 PM
did u get it repaired?yup! at america's tire company; for free :D

the nail is not that big but enough to make a puncture hole. my tire was patched and now it's like brand new again. good thing i didn't follow the dealer's recommendation :wink:
good to hear that. i just had tire repaired last week from a pucture. there was no nail or anything. local tire shop patched it up and runs just fine.