PDA

View Full Version : What happens if my alarm remote clicker thing runs out of battery?

Ben
04-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Okay so this thought has ran through my mind a few times lately but I was wondering what any of you would do in the event that you were out somewhere and you couldn't disarm your alarm because of your remote running out of battery?

Would you just unlock the car and then wait for the alarm to stop? Is there a way to disable?

Limeyboy
04-23-2008, 01:55 PM
not sure on the evo factory alarm, but some cars if you unlock with the key will disarm when the ignition is turned.

SavageEvo8
04-23-2008, 02:00 PM
+1, generally, there is a secondary switch tied into the ignition switch which, if installed correctly, should disable an alarm system.

give it a try. arm your alarm with the window open. reach in, unlock it and open from outside. sit inside and turn the key. if it dont work, at least you DO have a working remote and can disable it. some alarms need 30-60 second to "arm", so if the alarm dont go off, give it more time before unlocking it.

SubtleWordplay
04-23-2008, 02:02 PM
If your keyfob ran out of battery, your alarm installer should have installed an alarm disengage button. You need to ask them where they installed it, usually hidden underneath the steering column or something.

And on the VIII and IX I thought Mistubishi didn't offer factory alarms, just keyless entry?

SavageEvo8
04-23-2008, 02:04 PM
ah yeah, if aftermarket then generally a switch is installed(such a joke for thieves), and im not sure about factory as i only have keyless myself.

JDMevoBOOST
04-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Open the door with the key. Drive to Radioshack with the alarm going off. Buy a new battery. Turn the alarm off.

SavageEvo8
04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Open the door with the key. Drive to Radioshack with the alarm going off. Buy a new battery. Turn the alarm off.

lol....wouldnt there be an ignition kill integrated into the alarm though? lol

redvolution
04-23-2008, 02:10 PM
remember that scene in ghostbusters where they shutoff the containment unit and then the building explodes and ghosts fly everywhere?

that's about what would happen.

Limeyboy
04-23-2008, 02:11 PM
^ :D :D

sprytsi
04-23-2008, 03:41 PM
the stock keyless entry system is not an alarm, so nothing would happen.

You would have an extra dangly thing on your keyring.

Ben
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
If your keyfob ran out of battery, your alarm installer should have installed an alarm disengage button. You need to ask them where they installed it, usually hidden underneath the steering column or something.

And on the VIII and IX I thought Mistubishi didn't offer factory alarms, just keyless entry?

That's the prob. I don't know who installed it, I bought the car with it.

Lol smartass.

the stock keyless entry system is not an alarm, so nothing would happen.

You would have an extra dangly thing on your keyring.

I know that's probably why the previous owner installed this alarm system.

sprytsi
04-24-2008, 01:19 PM
the alarm might shutoff when you turn the car to "on". Test it out and post a vid

ChuckP
04-24-2008, 01:27 PM
There is a vallet button under your dash.Â* It is used to cycle through alarm settings also.Â* You have to hold it down for like 10 seconds to kill the alarm.Â* This info is from my Clifford RSX-3.5

But generally my keyfob beeps at me for 4-5 days before it dies. Plenty of time to replace the battery.