PDA

View Full Version : Nisei UICP 1 pc looks stocker than stock

Unowned
05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
some guy on Evom posted up his Nisei matte black UICP... can't wait for mine to arrive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/dvdee/PICT0144.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/dvdee/PICT0145.jpg

DirectorSe7en
05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
That looks awesome.

.....I know you recommended to buy this, but that ETS UICP is a tad cheaper and you get the LICP bundled with it. :o

:?

player67
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Damn nisei has already engineered this not bad. The X already has a nice selection of parts

xbox4414
05-05-2008, 09:24 PM
That looks awesome.

.....I know you recommended to buy this, but that ETS UICP is a tad cheaper and you get the LICP bundled with it. :o

:?

Um now is the ETS cheaper if this one is $190? LOL.

I plan to buy one soon. Waiting to hear back from them on availability.

DirectorSe7en
05-05-2008, 09:29 PM
No, it's not cheaper then $190. I said it's included with the UICP+LICP, so it's like $400 for both.

Good deal IMO.

Kings Fan
05-05-2008, 09:33 PM
wow that looks great

xbox4414
05-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I got mine for $175 shipped. Awesome piece and easy to install. I love this pipe.

wilson1
05-10-2008, 11:48 PM
nice looking!

gOt BoOsT
05-17-2008, 12:06 AM
that's funny...it does look "stocker than stock"

dohcvtec
05-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Billy,
Go pick up your X already and swing by here so I can take it for a spin. :D

tookinkee
05-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I was going with it on my IX and X, but I have all ARC on the IX so im going to keep it that way on my girls X.

EIPracing
05-22-2008, 12:49 AM
wow...thats pretty crazy...its really does look stocker then stock....

player67
05-22-2008, 01:05 AM
wow...thats pretty crazy...its really does look stocker then stock....

stocker than stock hahahahaa

xbox4414
05-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Stock:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/xbox4414/evo_x/DSC_2012.jpg

My UICP:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/xbox4414/evo_x/uicp.jpg

player67
05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
yeah it really does look stocker than stock damn nice peice!

DoggDicker
05-22-2008, 11:33 PM
yeah it really does look stocker than stock damn nice piece!

+1...

DD

Ben
05-23-2008, 06:49 AM
I don't know if this has been said yet but that looks stocker than stock.

gOt BoOsT
05-24-2008, 03:29 PM
just installed mine...fits great!! lower oem coupler was PITA to remove tho

DirectorSe7en
05-24-2008, 06:56 PM
^Pics!

xbox4414
05-24-2008, 08:23 PM
just installed mine...fits great!! lower oem coupler was PITA to remove tho

Are you talking about the coupler that connects to the IC? If so the reason you had such a hard time is because there is a lip on the inlet of the IC that makes it almost imposable to get the coupler off with out pushing the clamp down or off. Move the clamp up, down or off the coupler and it's easy as hell.

Boostd4
06-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Finally ordered mine (the last one they had) today. When I spoke to Kevin (at Nisei) he said that the LICP was in development and should go into production within the next two weeks.

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice. I'm under the impression the LICP yields little gains and does not need to be changed unless you upgrade the FMIC. I haven't seen any dyno charts that say either way. :?

I ordered the ETS complete IC kit but went with the AMS FMIC. ETS doesn't offer flat black so I just went with Gloss black. 8)

Boostd4
06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Nice. I'm under the impression the LICP yields little gains and does not need to be changed unless you upgrade the FMIC. I haven't seen any dyno charts that say either way. :?

I ordered the ETS complete IC kit but went with the AMS FMIC. ETS doesn't offer flat black so I just went with Gloss black. 8)

Haven't been on in awhile...but did you get your car yet? I'd be going nuts with parts lying around. The guys at Concord keep telling me "any day now".

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Nope, shit I wish, I'm the same boat as you. Waiting on Mitsubishi's every word. 5-10 days and the MR's should be here says Sam@SocalMitsu.

Hahaha, and I know how you feel, everytime something comes in the mail, I chuck it into my closet and it just sits there.

Sometimes my GF catches me opening the closet and just staring at everything. I then promptly recieve a flying pillow to the face telling me to snap out of it. :(

Boostd4
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Nope, shit I wish, I'm the same boat as you. Waiting on Mitsubishi's every word. 5-10 days and the MR's should be here says Sam@SocalMitsu.

Hahaha, and I know how you feel, everytime something comes in the mail, I chuck it into my closet and it just sits there.

Sometimes my GF catches me opening the closet and just staring at everything. I then promptly recieve a flying pillow to the face telling me to snap out of it. :(

Well, it's not really me chomping at the bit...it's my dad. I'm helping him with the process of buying his MR...he loves my GSR..but wanted the auto.

So my parts are already in use haha.

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Ahh, you lucky SOB. How do you like the GSR? What have you modded so far or plan to mod?

.....Shit, I've never even driven/rode in one.

Unowned
06-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Ahh, you lucky SOB. How do you like the GSR? What have you modded so far or plan to mod?

you've never asked anyone for a ride

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I didn't want to impose.... :( It's no biggie though.

player67
06-05-2008, 05:47 PM
C bass call me anytime you can drive my X

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 05:50 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/confused.gif

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/crazy.gif

player67
06-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Ya I lied I am so bored. But I already told matt if I ever get an X it'd be OB, and id buy a wingless trunk and paint it OB, and get gold RGIIs with the HKS axle back

Boostd4
06-05-2008, 10:14 PM

I've had it for awhile...about 3 months now.Â* I like a lot of things about it...but I kinda wish I had done what Matt did and kept my 8 as a track monster (unfortunately I gave into the Z for about a year).Â* Overall, it turns very well and aside from what people say about the weight...it's still quicker IMO than my stock 8.

So far, just did the clear bra, tint and GReddy Ti-C (still waiting on my GReddy DP).Â* I'm still waiting for more suspension options and I have about 3 sets of wheels that I'm trying to choose from.Â* Other than that...I don't drive it much because I have a commuter and a bike to fight gas prices.Â*

Too bad I don't live in UC anymore...I'd be happy to scare the crap out of you in it.Â* Man..I miss the KK meets.

you've never asked anyone for a ride

Hey Matt, you installed this UICP right?Â* What are your impressions so far?

BTW, did you get a chance to talk to Kevin at Nisei?Â* Real nice guy...he let me in on their plans for a replacement IC...I WILL be buying theirs lol...Â* Â*He said that they will be releasing more details soon.

DirectorSe7en
06-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I've had it for awhile...about 3 months now. I like a lot of things about it...but I kinda wish I had done what Matt did and kept my 8 as a track monster (unfortunately I gave into the Z for about a year). Overall, it turns very well and aside from what people say about the weight...it's still quicker IMO than my stock 8.

So far, just did the clear bra, tint and GReddy Ti-C (still waiting on my GReddy DP). I'm still waiting for more suspension options and I have about 3 sets of wheels that I'm trying to choose from. Other than that...I don't drive it much because I have a commuter and a bike to fight gas prices.

Aww dude, you should try to make it out at least once, lol.

Yea, peoples comments about it's weight have always been followed by "but it feels faster", so I've never been put off by how much heavier it is.

There are other downpipes, you don't have to wait on Greddy's slow asses, unless you mean you already bought it and it's on it's way. Actually AMS and others did testing that showed no gains for the downpipe and that all the gains were from upgrading the o2 housing. So I'm personally waiting on one of those to become available....

Boostd4
06-06-2008, 07:41 AM
I've had it for awhile...about 3 months now. I like a lot of things about it...but I kinda wish I had done what Matt did and kept my 8 as a track monster (unfortunately I gave into the Z for about a year). Overall, it turns very well and aside from what people say about the weight...it's still quicker IMO than my stock 8.

So far, just did the clear bra, tint and GReddy Ti-C (still waiting on my GReddy DP). I'm still waiting for more suspension options and I have about 3 sets of wheels that I'm trying to choose from. Other than that...I don't drive it much because I have a commuter and a bike to fight gas prices.

Aww dude, you should try to make it out at least once, lol.

Yea, peoples comments about it's weight have always been followed by "but it feels faster", so I've never been put off by how much heavier it is.

There are other downpipes, you don't have to wait on Greddy's slow asses, unless you mean you already bought it and it's on it's way. Actually AMS and others did testing that showed no gains for the downpipe and that all the gains were from upgrading the o2 housing. So I'm personally waiting on one of those to become available....

Well, I'm planning to go with a test pipe...and most likely the 02 housing...so I figured I'd do the whole turbo back. Seems to be a big backlog on the DP, but yes I already have it on order.

I'm going to try to make it out to a KK meet soon...I work at 6am so it's a little tough to hang out late on a tuesday night, but I'll try!

overdrive
06-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Wow! That UICP really looks stocker than stock. LOL...

Boostd4
06-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Well, it showed up today...car going under the knife tonight.

DirectorSe7en
06-09-2008, 02:55 PM
PICS! PICS! PICS!

Boostd4
06-10-2008, 09:46 AM
PICS! PICS! PICS!

It's in...but gotta snap some pics.

Unowned
06-10-2008, 10:06 AM
PICS! PICS! PICS!

meh on pics, how do you like the product?

Boostd4
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
PICS! PICS! PICS!

meh on pics, how do you like the product?

The product itself is top notch.Â* It's pretty obvious that Mitsu was cutting corners from the factory...but it's a no brainer to put this pipe on.Â* No airflow interruptions, less places to have hoses pop off, and it just looks freakin' badass when installed.Â*

I will say this...getting the stock hose off the intercooler itself was a bit of a pain.Â* But the hardest part was getting the new lower clamp tightened on the intercooler.Â*

Gorilla sized paws and a very small space to work FTL. I have yet to drive the car as I finished it at about 11:30 last night (started at about 10:30). But I will update once I've had a chance to drive it.

Boostd4
06-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Ok, so I've finally had some seat time with this mod...call it the placebo effect...call it me trying to justify spending the money ($190)...call it what you want.Â* Man...the boost response is so much more crisp and immediate that I'd find it hard not to recommend this mod.Â* I don't think that it's really added much power per se (even though some shops are showing 5-8 whp gains) but it just feels so much more responsive.Â* This definitely helped with the lag, even though there wasn't much to start. Keep in mind that I had stock IC pipes on my VIII so I've never done hard pipes on any of my turbo cars.

Matt?Â* Xbox4414?Â* Impressions?

xbox4414
06-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Y agree. It's hard to say exactly what this pipe does to the car but I found the RPM studder almost gone but not really an increase in power. I guess this mod is like shifter bushing...feels so much better but yileds little no no power gains. I have the 1st reflash and haven't gone back to get the second update but it seems that without the expanding stock hose the boost is smoother. Right?

Boostd4
06-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Y agree. It's hard to say exactly what this pipe does to the car but I found the RPM studder almost gone but not really an increase in power. I guess this mod is like shifter bushing...feels so much better but yileds little no no power gains. I have the 1st reflash and haven't gone back to get the second update but it seems that without the expanding stock hose the boost is smoother. Right?

I'm in exactly the same position. Did the 1st reflash...hadn't really considered the second because I haven't had any studdering problems before or after the 1st flash. But I think you're right, eliminating the flex in the stock rubber hoses probably "tightened" things up.

Unowned
06-12-2008, 12:13 AM
boost response is better and seems to help stability of boost. The faint Turbo noise with the windows down is sublime. Can't wait for a hardpipe intake. AEM carb please

Boostd4
06-13-2008, 11:11 AM
boost response is better and seems to help stability of boost. The faint Turbo noise with the windows down is sublime. Can't wait for a hardpipe intake. AEM carb please

I noticed that my exhaust "pops" more when backing off the gas after installing the pipe. Weird.

DirectorSe7en
06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
:shock: No tune yet? Any plans for one?

After seeing EIP tune an X on ECUtek, I'm pretty much sold.

Boostd4
06-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm waiting for ECUFlash. I'm going to either Bryan at GST or Andy at SE.

DirectorSe7en
06-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Ahh, any word on an ETA for the ECUflash?

Boostd4
06-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Ahh, any word on an ETA for the ECUflash?

Soon? From recent threads I'd say maybe a month or so?