PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing exhaust

xbox4414
05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
So I want a ddual set-up I don't like the single tip exit on the X, so there are only 2 set ups I like so far. The ETS and Agency Power. I want an exhaust that is louder than stock for sure but not race car/Honda Ricer loud. So what do you all think is the best set up? Which has the best tone? Best gains? Thanks for the help.
-Ray

DirectorSe7en
05-06-2008, 12:03 AM
They all yield similar gains so there is no real loss in any choice. I'd base my choice on athsetics. I was looking hard at the ETS but ultimately I chose the AMS Twin Tip based on several sound clips I've heard it sounds amazing. Not ricey loud, and no Highway Droning.

If you can't wait for it's release then go with ETS.

Unowned
05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
I don't think there is anyway to "help" since very few have X mods here in Norcal. The only thing you can do is guinea pig it

DirectorSe7en
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Well, people can still recommend.....

Unowned
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Well, people can still recommend.....

recommend something that no one here has ever seen or heard in person?

That's the whole point of Evo meets, get to look around at everyone's rides and only pick the stuff you like and listen to the good and bad tales

DirectorSe7en
05-06-2008, 03:53 PM
True that. But he asked about gains, I answered that their all mostly the same, especially the ones he brought up.

He wanted a Dual Exhaust that's louder then stock but not too ricey, I don't own the AMS Dual but I know it's louder then stock and IMO not ricey, so I felt it was a fair recommendation.

JERRY
05-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I've always found sound clips to be a bit misleading. I have found it harder to pick an exhaust system from them or what people say. Everyone has a different definition of what's loud or quiet. The best thing to do is either wait for others to get these systems you are interested in, or possibly buy them, and if you don't like them, resale them (at a slight loss of course).

Jerry

evox_
05-07-2008, 12:20 AM
WORKS "exhale" ....

(whenever they get it done! ;) )

nebolic
05-07-2008, 12:25 AM
will have a sample for u guys on thursday ;)

nebo

06IXMR
05-07-2008, 07:38 PM
your ricer exhaust nebo? ;]

jeff@fia
05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
heres a sound clip of the agency power... might help you decide

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6wvvsDUZlxU

we are going to be starting a special on this exhaust... you can PM me if you want more details

-jeff

nebolic
05-07-2008, 09:53 PM

yes the ricey style. jdm rice

nebo

JERRY
05-08-2008, 05:24 PM

nebo

the rice looks good Nebo, sorry about the wait.

Jerry

nebolic
05-08-2008, 11:45 PM

nebo

Jerry

np thanks for having me around and let me play WOW at your shop hahahah.

I'm gonna wash the car and take some ricey pics this weekend. I think MADEVO has some pics already for the JDM'ness on my X :p

nebo

MadEvo
05-09-2008, 12:40 AM

nebo

Jerry

I'm gonna wash the car and take some ricey pics this weekend. I think MADEVO has some pics already for the JDM'ness on my X :p

nebo

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/MadEvo/Pleasanton%20Thurs%205-8/PleasantonMeet5-8small18.jpg

peter
05-09-2008, 12:45 AM

nebo

Jerry

nebo

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/MadEvo/Pleasanton%20Thurs%205-8/PleasantonMeet5-8small18.jpg

sound clip!

JERRY
05-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Damn, you guys work fast... hahaha

Jerry

xbox4414
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
What system is that? Looks clean but I'm not sure how I feel about stock type muffler systems. I mean aren't they more restrictive? I want to make as much power out of a modified exhaust as I can. So wouldn't systems like ETS and AP be less restrictive and increase performance? As for the AMS....I'll pass on that one for sure.

nebolic
05-09-2008, 10:45 AM
What system is that? Looks clean but I'm not sure how I feel about stock type muffler systems. I mean aren't they more restrictive? I want to make as much power out of a modified exhaust as I can. So wouldn't systems like ETS and AP be less restrictive and increase performance? As for the AMS....I'll pass on that one for sure.

it is not stock mate, though i am still waiting for the midpipe. I think it's personal preference for people going with dual tips or single tips. My personal preferences is the symmetry the car keeps with dual tips that's why i went with that. The muffler section is probably where all the mods are done at. either way i think all in all, the exhausts are about the same from brand to brand, just perhaps different styling and weight.

nebo

xbox4414
05-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh no I know it's not stock but it's the muffler location that I meant...with the muffler in the middle and the tips on the sides. I just wanna know how big the piping into the muffler is and what gains you got. I love your set up and I do want duals...but I want the most gains if I'm dropping a grand into exhaust. So let me know what set up you have, gains, ect. Got pics from under the car?

DirectorSe7en
05-09-2008, 10:56 AM
As for the AMS....I'll pass on that one for sure.

Why is that?

xbox4414
05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
I just don't like the tuning thing...I mean the length of the 2 tips aren't even. Like if the car was to back fire the right tunable side would show the flames before the muffled side....so I want something with symmetrical specs. And you are right while the above exhaust is aftermarket, it does utilizes the stock muffler look and I'm just not sure how the gains vs straight pipes are. Any one know?

nebolic
05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh no I know it's not stock but it's the muffler location that I meant...with the muffler in the middle and the tips on the sides. I just wanna know how big the piping into the muffler is and what gains you got. I love your set up and I do want duals...but I want the most gains if I'm dropping a grand into exhaust. So let me know what set up you have, gains, ect. Got pics from under the car?

i ran out of time before Jerry at Full Function can strap it on the dyno (i live in sac and Full Function is in the bay area). Will strap it to a dyno soon and post some results.

nebo

DirectorSe7en
05-09-2008, 11:53 AM
And you are right while the above exhaust is aftermarket, it does utilizes the stock muffler look and I'm just not sure how the gains vs straight pipes are.

Well, I would assume the straighter the pipe the better flow you'll have. But, if you don't plan on heavily modding I don't think aftermarket Exhausts that utilize the stock set-up is all that restrictive.

xbox4414
05-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Well I do plan to mod it heavily eventually but this is over the course of several years, and I like to buy one part once and not have to upgrade it again later. So I want one exhaust that will fit my plan for years to come.