PDA

View Full Version : First ding on my boy blu!

BluEvo
01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
:x Damn! I ...yes.. I just got my first ding on the Evo! A slip of the steering wheel and scrape right on the pillar in the pariking garage. I park next to the pillar every day i go to work. I never (until now!) came close to hitting that damn thing! I have a yellow paint scar from the pillar on the front right side of my bumper. Hopefully i can buff out the paint scrape, but a lil spot got chipped all the way past the paint. Sorry, i just needed to vent! I'm angry :x at myself, and i'm sad for myself :cry: . Okay...i 'll go about my day now.

howiEVO8
01-27-2004, 05:44 PM
:x Damn! I ...yes.. I just got my first ding on the Evo! A slip of the steering wheel and scrape right on the pillar in the pariking garage. I park next to the pillar every day i go to work. I never (until now!) came close to hitting that damn thing! I have a yellow paint scar from the pillar on the front right side of my bumper. Hopefully i can buff out the paint scrape, but a lil spot got chipped all the way past the paint. Sorry, i just needed to vent! I'm angry :x at myself, and i'm sad for myself :cry: . Okay...i 'll go about my day now.

dangs i know how u feel, u gotta watch the curbs too cuz the turning radius on the evo viii is like errrr

vtluu
01-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear about the ding. I find the turning radius ins't too bad, certainly a lot better than my '01 Eclipse GT, which turned like an aircraft carrier. I got in the habit of using the handbrake to make my U-turns. A lot. :lol: (BTW this is a no-no for the Evo--it'll mess your center diff.)

Incidentally the very first day I had the Eclipse, I parked it in my company's parking lot and someone dinged the door. What an as5hole. :pissed:

Ah well, I guess they can only look new once.

warpspeed
01-27-2004, 09:39 PM
I already scratch the front from our parking garage at work. I'm pissed off too. I was looking at my dashboard and I saw a f*cking chip on my windshield! Not that big. but I hope it won't get any bigger. Dammit!!!!!

chris
01-28-2004, 10:17 AM
i got a very very smal tiny crack on my front window. right in front of my face. it happened this one day on my way home from work. a small pebble rock just hit my front window =\.

BluEvo
01-28-2004, 10:49 AM
So, I used some scratch remover and buffed out most of the paint that scraped onto the bumper. Now what's left is the scratches that went past the paint. I'm ordering some touch up paint Friday, Mitsu doesn't have the BBY in stock. What's our bumper made out of? Anyone? It's prolly gonna cost mad scrills to have painted for that lil isht!