PDA

View Full Version : the Dakar

RT
01-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Any other Dakar fans here? I follow the event every year, this time through the Mitsubishi Motorsports web site only since Speed isn’t covering the event. Mitsu has some really neat video clips they post each day to the site. Is there a way to save those movies or is that a proprietary thing that can only be viewed via the Mitsu web site?

I save the daily photos they post and would like to save the movies if there’s a way to do it. Thanks.

smogrunner
01-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I enjoy Dakar too. I thought it was covered on OLN??

What I think is interesting is how well the Mitsu Pajeros do. I just got back from Kenya and there are Pajeros everywhere. However, people say the regular Pajero is not too rugged, especially when compared to the Land Cruisers etc. I figure that the landcruisers are rugged but slow. I would love to know more about the mods done to those winning Pajeros.

RT
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
I’ve been so busy I’ll bet I haven’t even seen an hours worth of TV so far this year. I started checking SPEEDS schedule on-line in December but nothing showed up in their program schedule for January. Is OLN showing at a specific time each day?

I do like the Pajero, kind of like a Montero with the mid section removed. From what we understand they run a V8 in the factory Pajero/Montero/Evolutions but the motor isn’t clean enough to bring to the U.S.

Back in the mid 90s we were looking’ to buy an SUV and the big Mo’s won the stock truck class that year so that helped make up our minds. If we were to buy another SUV there are only three that I’d consider, the Montero, the VW, and the BMW. I guess I’m bias towards products that race….hmmmm….and now we also have an Evo. 8)

Check out the video clips, they only post two minutes worth each day but they are very cool.

RT
01-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Wow, what luck, flipped on the idiot box and caught a commercial in progress for the Dakar. Looks like they will air the event from January 22nd to the 26th.

You know Mitsu really shines in these cross country rallys, we wish them all the best.

RT
01-12-2005, 11:47 PM
...the Dakar claimed a hero of mine on Tuesday, motorcycle racer and two time Dakar winner Fabrizio Meoni....

vtluu
01-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I heard, 2 motorcycle riders have died in the Dakar rally this year. :shock:

That's why I'd like to be firmly enclosed in a rollcage when I rally...

chrisw
01-18-2005, 07:13 PM
coverage starts Sunday night I think on OLN. Already got the DVR setup to record all the shows.