PDA

View Full Version : Well, it finally happened! (long)

planglie
05-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Leading up to this let me give you some background.Â* For those that do not know me or haven't seen me before, I am a 41 yr old, overweight (slightly, lol), balding hot rodder that loves to go fast and likes all kinds of cars and motorsports.Â* I haven't had a ticket in over 12 years, I've been written up only twice ever, been pulled over once so that the motorcycle CHP could check out my car (6:71 blown smallblock '64 Chevelle w/out a hood) and pulled over once more and let go (I wasn't speeding, honest officer....).Â* My cars, generally, are all slammed, have no front plates and are tinted.Â* I give you this little brief so that you guys can see what kind of profiling (as if you didn't already know) goes on.

My Evo is TB, lowered, tinted w/no front plate and a "ROBISPEC" windshield banner & multiple sponsor decals from the Time Attack from Buttonwillow still showing proudly.Â* I normally run wingless and no stickers, however, I put my stock decklid back on for my track day a couple weeks ago and have been too lazy to put my wingless one back on, let alone peel off all of the stickers.Â* I hate the stock rear wing because I think that it creates too much attention (the wrong kind) and I have been waiting to get pulled over..................

So I am up in the Roseville/Rocklin area this weekend building a rollbar for my car and I am trying to find a friend who recently got a new house in Roseville.Â* I had my Monster drink in one hand, my cell in the other and I was cruising the main entrance street to this subdivision basically being lost.

Coming the other way is one of Roseville's finest and we both stop facing each other at a stop sign.Â* I tell my buddy who is trying to give me directions to his house (I'm on the cell w/him) that I am about to get "lit up" and he just laughed.........Sure enough, as soon as we passed in the intersection the cop pulled a U and I just pulled over & shut off my car as he was flipping on his lights.

The cop walked up to my driver's side window (I dropped both fronts on account of....), he looks in the car and gives me this strange look and says....."I expected someone a little bit younger to be driving this car."Â* I told him that I was just young at heart.Â* He asked for my license, I made some small talk, he asked to see the Insurance and Reg....more small talk, then he says that I have tinted windows and I should take care of those.Â* He then tells me that my windshield tint (banner) is illegal also (I honestly thought that it WAS legal) and, oh yeah, I should get a front plate on the car.Â* He then tells me to be safe and walks away.

I would bet my CAR that if I was YOUNGER, or heaven forbid, ASIAN, I would have walked away w/a ticketbook full of citations.Â* I got lucky.Â* My old age and trechery overcame youth and race in this instance.Â* It just is disapponting this type of stuff happens.Â* I love this car, but the thought of the insurance premium & the constant attention (negative) that comes along w/it are a little too much sometime.Â* Chalk one up to the old fat guy this time around...........and here is hoping that your next traffic stop goes as well as mine did yesterday!

Paul

PANGES
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
haha. Too bad I dont fit your description. :(

DirectorSe7en
05-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Hmm, I'll say maybe. I'm young and have gotten off of tickets that I should've gotten. I will agree, that to some extent age plays a role. But in this instance, you didn't really do anything super illegal, and you were a gentlemen about the whole deal and sounded very respectful.

Then again, it depends on the Cop, and his mood, what he's dealing with that day, and maybe he hasn't had "any" in a while.

Too many variables, so I just say everyone should do what you did. Be nice, respectful and if you broke the law, take your punishment. No front plates and tint = Ticket. If you get a ticket, don't bitch you knew it was illegal. If you don't get a ticket, count your blessings.....

smack
05-19-2008, 02:37 PM
old people FTMFW!!!
:lol:

steevo8
05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
lol glad to see you got let off the hook Paul. I can't even explain how many times I have been pulled over and delt with the same thing... I usually pull my cap off so they think my bald ass is a bit older. Seems to work but who know :?

Hit us up with some pics of that cage.. I'm super excited to see it.

steevo8
05-19-2008, 02:43 PM
old people FTMFW!!!

I'm pretty sure you and Paul are in your early 20's and just trying to keep it under wraps.

Matz
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Damn. Well, fortunately I'm not far from you in the age category, but since I'm Asian I'm probably not safe driving my Evo until I'm, oh, like 54 or something. Glad you got off okay, though!

smack
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
hell i'll take thirties. if i can knock 10 years off i'll be happy :)

earlyapex aka jack ass
05-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I am willing to bet it's the stickers and/or tint. That is why I run almost nothing on my personal evo except for very small GST stickers on the back 1/4 window and my matte black window banner (blank). No tint.

Stickers are like a bullseye to officers.

I drive by officers every day in my Evo in Alameda and they don't bat an eye, and my car is loud as hell.

Knock on wood. haha

chrisw
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I am willing to bet it's the stickers and/or tint. That is why I run almost nothing on my personal evo except for very small GST stickers on the back 1/4 window and my matte black window banner (blank). No tint.

I drive by officers every day in my Evo in Alameda and they don't bat an eye, and my car is loud as hell.

Knock on wood. haha

in my experiece, it makes no difference if you have stickers or not.

stickers definately make you stand out more, which has it's benifets in traffic. I have forgotten how many people just get out of the way when I come up behind them 8)

planglie
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
When I have my other decklid on the car w/the Rexpeed CF lip spoiler and no stickers my car just blends into the asphalt - stealthlike. This dude was checking me out w/the big windshield banner and no plate..........by the way - How in the Hell does Dave get by in his machine. Hell, he has more stickers and lights, is young AND asian. Dave - you must have good Ju-Ju!

Paul

earlyapex aka jack ass
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Dave is part of homeland security, that is like a get out of jail free card in the good ol' USA.

DirectorSe7en
05-19-2008, 03:34 PM
by the way - How in the Hell does Dave get by in his machine. Hell, he has more stickers and lights, is young AND asian.

That was one of the first things I asked him when I met him. He told me he got pulled over just so the Cop could check his ride out! WTH? No fair!

PANGES
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
by the way - How in the Hell does Dave get by in his machine. Hell, he has more stickers and lights, is young AND asian.

That was one of the first things I asked him when I met him. He told me he got pulled over just so the Cop could check his ride out! WTH? No fair!

I think the secret is to either go all stealth or just go all out crazy and you'll be fine. Hell, maybe we should start either making our cars look like Dave's or like Speed Element's shop car. :lol:

Yenno... When I really think about it, if I were a cop and I pulled over an Evo and I saw someone like Paul driving the car, I would probally just let him go too.

Matz
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
except for very small GST stickers on the back 1/4 window

I want one to go with my uber tiny DMS sticker!

mtsevovii
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM

Knock on wood. haha

Hrmm.... hahaha

When I have my other decklid on the car w/the Rexpeed CF lip spoiler and no stickers my car just blends into the asphalt - stealthlike. This dude was checking me out w/the big windshield banner and no plate..........by the way - How in the Hell does Dave get by in his machine. Hell, he has more stickers and lights, is young AND asian. Dave - you must have good Ju-Ju!

Paul

oh so true... :p :lol:

Dave is part of homeland security, that is like a get out of jail free card in the good ol' USA.

hahaha ;)

whtrice
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
LMMFAO....... :lol:

old people FTMFW!!!

steevo8
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
The two times I have been pulled over in my evo was when I had no stickers on it at all....Â* When I had numbers and a few other stickers cops would look obviously but never got pulled over. PLUS I have a apr GT-200 wing that kinda stands out and the cwest front with wide fenders doesnt help..... Here shortly you will think Im driving a nazkaa with all the stickers I have :lol: so we will have to put the theory to the test.Â* Â* Stickers+big wing+roll bar+loud-exhaust+HUGE cams+no front license plate=????????Â* Â* :?

whtrice
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
OG gray hair mod FTW. All Evo performance shops should sell this stealth mod ( inquire within):

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/amxman/14154_Bald_Man_Hair.jpg

Hey I don't know how many times a cop has screamed up to my drivers side and slowed down to look over and see a grey haired guy in the drivers seat. It is funny as heck. When I look over its like they expect to see a young kid but instead a grey haired guy that should be in a Lexus..HaHaHa... I have tint but fronts are clear. I do sport the no-plate mod but have gotten lucky so far. I think stealth WW RS has helped me dodge a few bullets too.

mtsevovii
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
The two times I have been pulled over in my evo was when I had no stickers on it at all....Â* When I had numbers and a few other stickers cops would look obviously but never got pulled over. PLUS I have a apr GT-200 wing that kinda stands out and the cwest front with wide fenders doesnt help..... Here shortly you will think Im driving a nazkaa with all the stickers I have :lol: so we will have to put the theory to the test.Â* Â* Stickers+big wing+roll bar+loud-exhaust+HUGE cams+no front license plate=????????Â* Â* :?

go big or go home? :p

DirectorSe7en
05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Stickers+big wing+roll bar+loud-exhaust+HUGE cams+no front license plate = State Ref

:shock:

steevo8
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Stickers+big wing+roll bar+loud-exhaust+HUGE cams+no front license plate = phone call to high up friends

:shock:

Fixed :lol:

whtrice
05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
May the force be with you.... :)

steevo8
05-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah if I get a ticket in town Im golden as long as Im not doing something stupid... If Im outside of town that might be a little harder to make go away. I trailer my car most places though so no big deal.

SilverStreak
05-19-2008, 08:00 PM
So that's how Dave gets away with driving that car of his around all the time.

Anyways...cool thing that he let you off. I've heard tons of complaints from some old honda/acura buddies that say that cops up there "profile" like there's a new FnF opening everyday.

Matz
05-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Now I want to know how Matt (SteelEvo) makes it through the day driving around with the huge ass Voltex wing.

mtsevovii
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Now I want to know how Matt (SteelEvo) makes it through the day driving around with the huge ass Voltex wing.

he doesnt... he has the CRV :p

tirbolag9
05-20-2008, 08:51 PM
a couple of weeks ago, i was heading to SF for work and was pulled over on 6th and geary for no front plates. the sfpd guy asked me what i do for a living, checked my front for plates, then came back and said...

"since you work for a living i'm going to let you go. i pulled you over for no front plates."

i'm 34, but filipino and bald. perfect description for "racer profile."

then two weeks later, i get pulled over on the 505 after NASA t-hill and got a fix-it for no plates. the chp even asked to popped my hood. nothing to see except for the blue box 8)

i have no tint and my exhaust is quiet :)

esco
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
welcome to mother f'n roseville. I live here, i swear they have my car/pic in all there cruisers......been hit with a 95 in a 65, and then a week later 70 in a 40. they havent said anything about my eip stickers on the front/back windows, but i always get the stare down....im starting to recognize all of them. I have a good friend thats a CHP in santa rosa so I get the hook up now, but before these guys dont play. Just a heads up roseville PD is mandatory that they show up to court for anything you fight, even if its a not guilty plea on a cracked windshield or tint.

hope it wasnt rocklin pd, cause they are complete assholes......but i am rite back seeing as the finnish temperance hall and the property where the new rocklin pd and fore dept. is owned by myself and my aunt (inheritance).

mtsevovii
05-20-2008, 11:16 PM
tonight after stalling getting out of the krispy kreme in union city i kinda floored it in first going into second to the light.

:oops:

then was face to face with UCPD. and i was like oh shit.. why did i just do that...

but he didnt do anything luckily >.<"

nightwalker
05-21-2008, 08:29 AM
You guys need to stop scaring me

Lost Empire
05-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Its true that some part of the state are like that ... I think there are bad apple everywhere we go ... Sad to here how this turn out but its reality ... I face it and deal with it everyday even within my own race ... I am Asian American and i can honestly say that bias is in every race ... :(

esco
05-21-2008, 10:15 AM
tonight after stalling getting out of the krispy kreme in union city i kinda floored it in first going into second to the light.

:oops:

then was face to face with UCPD. and i was like oh shit.. why did i just do that...

but he didnt do anything luckily >.<"

phhffttt......

ricer!

lol j/k

06IXMR
05-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I've gunned it changing lanes before infront of a UCPD on accident... He didn't even look at me... :D knock on wood.

rlevo
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Got tint very light 35% all around. Makes me paranoid now but wingless.

sxyse87
05-21-2008, 01:18 PM
wow ur lucky i havent been pulled over in my evo yet knock on wood then again no one really knows wat my car is in my little town so that helps and dave is a lucky man that homeland security sticker is a life saver

steevo8
05-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey Paul do you think that this will get me pulled over :?Â* Â*:lol:Â*

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/stevoeight/DSC01390.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/stevoeight/DSC01383.jpg

player67
05-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Ive seen people on this forum come on here and bitch about tickets then when I see them driving during a cruise they act liek complete ricers...so theres to yours.

Anyway, Im glad you didnt get assraped paul, you really didnt do anything so its all good...my evo is loud as hell and TB with the wing but no stickers...and I used to have an hks ssqv LOL and I never really got it bad from the cops. Ive gotten pulled over many times tho but the "what did I do? I'm just trying to get to class on time :( " Face always works hahahahaa

evosti
05-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I drive like a fucking grandpa, but apparently my face screams racing asshole so I have only walken away without a ticket cause the officer had an emergency call.

zerosixMR
05-29-2008, 12:21 PM
It helps if you look like you take care of yourself, Ie: Cleancut appearance, hair done, glasses (it does hold a certain stereotype), nice shirt / dress shirt, clean car, ect.. Shit that would make anyone presume that you work, take care of yourself and your car. Simple first impression details can change anything. I was pulled over for going 85 and the cop knew how fast I was going and I admitted to it and he said "because you were honest, i'm going to cite you for 70 in a 65". Better than 85 :D