PDA

View Full Version : CHP on 280 North & Southbound.

willitas34
05-20-2008, 10:34 AM
On my way to work spotted 3 CHP. One car had someone pulled over on the 92E off-ramp from 280S. A little up ahead there is a dirt patch next to the 92 off-ramp to 280S and a Chipper CHP came drag racing out of there right as I was driving by. A little further up ahead, about 1/2 a mile I was looking on the 280N side and there is a blocked off exit about 1/2 mile from the 92E/W off-ramp and CHP go up there and post. And I was not surprised to see a Chipper CHP mashing down the hill about to go after someone I am sure.

Just a heads up, drive safe everyone! :)

Will

Evo Jai
05-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Good looking out man.

Another spot where the CHP post is right after that underpass, switching from 280S to 380S. On the left side where there is some construction going on, they like to sit in that big strip dividing the N and S.

missred
06-01-2008, 09:10 AM
did anyone of them follow you home again Will :lol: Although I think i found another method that may work to keep em driving pass you in case you were being followed. When you see chipper keep at 65mph and when they decide to pull along side of you put your finger in your nose like you were digging for some gold and glance at them as they pass by with a look of "O man he saw picking my nose"...they'll
be on there way soon after. :lol: it works!

MadEvo
06-01-2008, 09:35 AM
did anyone of them follow you home again Will :lol: Although I think i found another method that may work to keep em driving pass you in case you were being followed. When you see chipper keep at 65mph and when they decide to pull along side of you put your finger in your nose like you were digging for some gold and glance at them as they pass by with a look of "O man he saw picking my nose"...they'll

shh.... don't give out my secret too. :lol: :D

PANGES
06-02-2008, 11:42 AM

shh.... don't give out my secret too. :lol: :D

Oh shit. You do that too?? :lol:

thatevo
06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah: They love I280@HWY92. They have numerous observation points to use, most of which have immediate access to the highway.. But most importantly, on both N and S, A short distance from the merge in from 92, the shoulder opens up nice and wide, giving them lots of room to pull you over without worrying about someone running into or grazing them. That's especially nice for them on the southbound lanes, where space on the shoulder is often limited by a discouragingly long drop into the San Andreas valley (or whatever it's name is.. it's a strike-slip valley on the San Andreas fault with San Andreas Lake in it, so I'm taking a wild guess there!)

I've known that's a hotspot for years, but I got careless (chatting with the GF) and was ticketed there a few months ago... An unmarked car merged in from 92 behind me, worked through traffic to pace me for a short distance, and pulled me over. The car that pulled me over was not visibly in a position to see my approach, so I assume they were using a spotter. Where I was pulled over, I could see another writing a ticket in the Northbound shoulder, and passed yet another in the SB lanes as I left...

I was in a pack doing 90+, and the only one who didn't slow down when he merged... I figure if I'm that easy to catch, I'm not paying enough attention to be that fast :lol: The nice CHP Officer wrote me up for 75. I had a good run: that was my first time getting pulled over in California since I moved here 10 years ago! It's also my first ticket since 2004 (I racked 'em up on a cross country trip), so no worries.

It's one of the nice things I've noticed about California: If you're on the ball, paying attention, and not driving 100+ or swerving around like an idiot, you really don't have much to worry about. The rules are really stacked against the $peed trap$ used in other states.... But part of being on the ball means looking and knowing where they *are* actively enforcing... And I280@92 is definately on that list.

warpspeed
06-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Once in a while the CHP has a schedule for a "crackdown" on speeders on 280 from 280 down to San Mateo.

loquito_8302
06-05-2008, 04:45 PM
just watchout yall. that is one of the hottest spots in the area... whether you are merging onto 280 or 92... thats their hang out spot as well as right by CSM.... there is a bagel shop there too... go figure right... so watch out yall