PDA

View Full Version : Sat &Sun Jan. 29,30 Thunderhill Trackday

wilson1
01-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Got it from Bill over at Club Z,

they are having a 2 day trackday at Thill.
Sunday it would be running COUNTERCLOCKWISE :shock:

Anyone interested?
Really nice group of people to run with as i have done it with ClubZ before.

http://www.clubz.org/track/012905.html

Goals

* Give you an opportunity to drive your car as it was designed to be driven, in a safe environment.
* Provide instruction to advance your driving skills at whatever pace you desire.
* Ensure everyone drives home with a grin from ear to ear.

Details

To celebrate Club Z's first ever 2-day track event, we've introduced something very special:
Sunday the 30th we will be running Thunderhill in reverse!
Join us to experience this rare oppurtunity.
$240/day or $400/both. These prices reflect higher weekend rental rates.

* The drivers will be split up into 3 groups according to driving experience and car performance.
* Lunch will be provided.
* Snell 90 or newer helmets are required. (Thunderhill rentals ~ $25)
* Typical track time is five 25 min. sessions. (tentative schedule)
* Full 3 mile track!
* Total number of participants will be restricted to prevent overcrowding.
* Cones will mark the apex of all corners.
* Event will run rain or shine.
* Skidpad and Slalom set up for use in between sessions.
o During the event, we will be hosting car control exercises in the paddock. In between sessions you will be able to experiment on the slalom or skidpad. These will be set up mainly to benefit beginners, but anyone who wants use them are welcome. There is no extra charge for this, and your guests are welcome to try it too!
* Saturday night dinner/social included.
* If you are solo approved, passengers over 18 will be permitted.
* Instructors will be provided for everyone, but with event organizer approval, drivers can be allowed to drive solo. (advanced group solo by default, instructors available by request)

* CLASSROOM - Saturday - At 6:00 pm we will also be provided classroom discussion. This can help you improve on your drive from Saturday and prepare for running in reverse on Sunday.
* INSURANCE - This is a high performance driving school. Not a racing school. Most car insurance companies will cover you. Check your own insurance policy details before going to the track.
* SAFETY REQUIREMENTS - Be at least 18 years of age (16 with parent signature) with a valid driver's license. - SNELL 90 or newer helmet. - Approved roll bar protection for open top cars. - A safe car in good working order (see tech inspection checklist for details).

wilson1
01-11-2005, 01:39 PM
I heard that DavidV of Car Mods for Dummies , and prior association with Works fame may be showing up with his new toy!

DavidV
01-11-2005, 01:46 PM
It turns out I won't be attending this one after all. :-( Maybe next time...

However, for those who haven't been before, these are terrific events and the opportunity to run THill backwards in not to be missed!

-- DavidV :D

Buzzard
01-11-2005, 02:05 PM
It turns out I won't be attending this one after all. :-( Maybe next time...

However, for those who haven't been before, these are terrific events and the opportunity to run THill backwards in not to be missed!

-- DavidV :D

I raced a guy in reverse around Laguna Seca once during a private track day. Was a lot of fun :lol: My '73 gutted 911S w/ 300+ whp killed his track prepped Vette!

LOL, I know thats not what you meant by backwards, but I coldn't resist. I bored, I'm home with the flu and going loopy (more than usual).

garrick70
01-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Sorry Wilson, I cannot make this one. Hope to see you at Thunderhill in February though! :D

vtluu
01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Uh, big deal, that's the regular direction. :P

wilson1
01-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Uh, big deal, that's the regular direction. :P

Okay, saturday they would be running clockwise!

:lol:

mitch
01-11-2005, 04:54 PM

Hey Wilson, you STILL have it wrong! Sun is clockwise :D :D :D

I agree, really nice group of people.

wilson1
01-11-2005, 05:08 PM

Hey Wilson, you STILL have it wrong! Sun is clockwise :D :D :D

I agree, really nice group of people.

:lol:

Sun is clockwise! :oops: