PDA

View Full Version : Sears Point & Buttonwillow in Jan. 2005

Richard EVO
01-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:27 pm Post subject: Sears Point and Buttonwillow in Jan. 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are opportunities to run 2 great tracks this month. RacerFactory is running this weekend, Jan. 15 & 16. at Buttonwillow. It is $325 for the entire weekend, and you get LOTS of track time, like 2 1/2 hours a day, plus lunch and a t-shirt. There are still a few spots open. Go to www.racerfactory.com to sign up.

Trackmasters is running Infineon-Sears Point on the weekend of Jan. 22 & 23. It is only $270 for 2 days, which is a great deal. It is acutally a NASA event, but they had space, so Trackmasters gets 4 25-minute run sessions each day. Follow this link http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/html/abouteventssp1-22-05.html to sign up. There are only a few spots, so sign up quickly if you want to go. You must be an intermediate or advanced driver, no beginners at this one.

Hope to see you there.

vtluu
01-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Hi Richard, welcome to NorCalEvo! :wave:

I'm nowhere near ready to drive Sears Point. My next two events are Laguna Seca (1/31) and Thunderhill (2/26). Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, Willow Springs and Reno-Fernley are all on my "to-drive" list for this year though.

dohcvtec
01-12-2005, 10:25 AM
i'm going to buttonwillow next weekend on the 22nd. speedtrials event there. these track days are starting to hurt my wallet. :P

GokuSSJ4
01-12-2005, 10:39 AM
i'm going to buttonwillow next weekend on the 22nd. speedtrials event there. these track days are starting to hurt my wallet. :P

ran with speedtrials before (didnt like it !!!) not enough track time, way to many peeps and un organized by not running in time, not schedule groups properly.
Best of Luck!!

dohcvtec
01-12-2005, 10:49 AM

ran with speedtrials before (didnt like it !!!) not enough track time, way to many peeps and un organized by not running in time, not schedule groups properly.
Best of Luck!!
haha, oh great! this is my first time running with them. EEK!

Richard EVO
01-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Try RacerFactory or SpeedVentures. They are both well organized, and don't draw too many people. At the Thunderhill event last November with SpeedVentures, I got between 5 and 6 hours track time over the two day weekend. They let me run in two groups in the afternoons.

Richard EVO
01-17-2005, 08:36 AM
A good time was had by most (but not all) at Buttonwillow last weekend (1/15-16/04). There were 4 EVOs, including Aaron Bitterman's, but he didn't take his on the track. He drove my RRE/Muellerized RS for a few laps and said it felt like it had 100 hp more than stock. I am not as fast a driver in the corners as a lot of people out there, but on the straights, nothing could stay with me except the Radicals, which went flying by, and a Z06, which couldn't pull away, we were about even in acceleration.

Also there was my buddy Sosa with his 350Z, and his brother who has an EVO. Sosa's brakes went out and the Z went deep into the mud and had to be pulled out. That was the end fot he day for the Z, but Sosa took his brother's EVO out and beat my times.

There was also a guy I don't know in a silver EVO who ran in the advanced group. He had some serious skills. It looked like he was auto-xing out there drifting through turns, etc.

The bad news was that a guy in a BMW 330i rolled it and landed on his roof. The driver was not hurt, but the car is a mess.

Evomickey
01-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi guys,that event coming up at Infineon-Sears Point on 1/22,23.Anyone are going ??I see you there.If anybody want to meet up SF city shot me a email.I will meet with my friends at the morning at city. :P :driving:

Richard EVO
01-17-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm going to Laguna Seca on Jan. 21, then driving to Oakland for dinner with a friend, and then on to a hotel in Sonoma where I am staying for the Sears Point event on Jan. 22 and 23. I can't meet up on S.F., but I think it would be great if all the EVOs would park together in the paddock. Let's try to meet up before the driver's meeting early on Sat. morning.

dohcvtec
01-17-2005, 01:11 PM
i might be going to the nasa event at sears. looks like speed trials might be cancelled this weekend. :(

NorCalCiv
01-21-2005, 09:35 PM
hey, how many of you are going to be at Infineon this weekend? My boss runs a sweet ass Z06 (and i dont like 'Vettes, but his is sweet) out there, and he wants me to go so i can ride in it. the Civ is waiting on tires so it wont be there, but i was hoping to see a few Evos representing out there.

dohcvtec
01-21-2005, 11:09 PM
i was supposed to go this weekend, but i'm waiting on 1 tire for my civic, so in the same boat as you. i'm almost tempted to take the evo out on sunday instead... hmm...

Richard EVO
01-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first day at Infineon-Sears Point was GREAT. I have never been to this track before and spent the morning driving like an old lady in a 375+ hp EVO. :lol: It was a mixed advanced/intermediate group that included some really fast drivers, including a Ferrari. I gave a lot of point-byes. Such is life, being the new kid at Sears Point.

I have now driven every road course racetrack in California (plus Spring Mtn. in NV). Infineon-Sears Point, is, hands down, the best.

Can't wait to get out there tomorrow. :D

dohcvtec
01-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Infineon-Sears Point, is, hands down, the best.

Can't wait to get out there tomorrow. :D
you think so? i feel like i have more fun at thunder hill. i do love the carosuel though. :) i wish i could have gone, i'm so pissed my tired didn't get here in time :( i'm fighting myself not to take the evo, i have a dedicated track car already! lol. oh well, glad you had fun, looks like i'll have to wait until feb 26th now :\

Richard EVO
01-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Thunderhill is great too, and I feel like I did better there on my first weekend. Sears Point is intimidating because there are so many walls you could hit (as an older 911 Turbo did in my run group today). Tough to say which is really better, just 2 great racetracks.

NorCalCiv
01-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey richard, are you the guy with the WW RS with intercooler upgrade and such?

Richard EVO
01-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Yes, I am car # 58.

NorCalCiv
01-23-2005, 10:28 AM
I was the guy with the green jacket who talked to you about your car. i was also the passenger in the dark blue 'Vette in the last round. you know which one im talking about. :wink: