PDA

View Full Version : Custom Apex'i Noir makes....

rigd1
05-24-2008, 05:11 PM
....a trip to the referee smog station. I got pulled over earlier today. I did nothing to attract attention. I was on my way to Seafood City to pick up some stuff. Never made it there. I got pulled a block down from the exit I got off of.

She got me for the exhaust. Then, had me pop the hood and got busted for the injen crap. Then giggled at the blue box thingy. I got cited for my 10% tint on the 2 front windows also. Then she added some code on the ticket that states that I can't drive the car anymore until I get it ref'd. This is my only daily driver. I'm so pissed, BUT it was just a matter of time.

I guess my season is over. I've never experienced being ref'd before, so I don't know what I need to do. If I got to go back to completely stock then DAMN! It's kinda hard to do when you're injured.

EFIxMR
05-24-2008, 05:15 PM
ouch

earlyapex aka jack ass
05-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I heard DOHCVTEC's noir with the resonator out and it's loud plus has a really raspy weird sound. Kinda defeats the purpose of the exhaust in my opinion other then it still "looking" stock.

Sucks you got popped for it.

Mr Evo
05-24-2008, 06:22 PM
damn that sucks i haven't even got busted yet in that area

rigd1
05-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah, it sucks real bad. So, does this mean I have to go completely to stock?

MeeH LuCky IX
05-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Awwww that shit sux...where did you get caught at? best of luck with the ref thing sorrry to hear about it

evo8dustu
05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah, it sucks real bad. So, does this mean I have to go completely to stock?

the ref will do a visual inspection before he smogs the car, so it has to look all stock under the hood or have a carb# for all the aftermarket parts. it also depends on the ref, some are strict and some are lenient.

i had full uicp, licp, intake and cams but my ref said as long as my car passes smog he would sign me off

good luck!

noypiC50
05-24-2008, 07:36 PM
did you get pulled over in union city?

mtsevovii
05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
damn!

im scared too.. driving around with no cat and no muffler still. : x

Ben
05-24-2008, 08:28 PM
damn!

Just go into neutral every time you pass a cop. I always do that or shift up. :D

mtsevovii
05-24-2008, 10:08 PM
damn!

Just go into neutral every time you pass a cop. I always do that or shift up. :D

doesnt work... every time a cop spots me and has interest they always tail me or cruise next to me. for a while... so no i cant stay in neutral, otherwise they would know. *since im slowing down from the drop in speed*

but so far so good. paced dozens of times with no muffler/cat. **knocks on wood**

steevo8
05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
The Injen stuff is all carb legal

noypiC50
05-25-2008, 03:37 AM
damn!

doesnt work... every time a cop spots me and has interest they always tail me or cruise next to me. for a while... so no i cant stay in neutral, otherwise they would know. *since im slowing down from the drop in speed*

but so far so good. paced dozens of times with no muffler/cat. **knocks on wood**

wow you've been so lucky so far, no cat and muffler along with all the vinyl stuff on the car and the roll cage too

rigd1
05-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I got caught in Vallejo, out of all places. Cuz of the car show, people were getting pulled left and right. She just assumed that my car may have something done to it. When she got out the car, she looked at the muffler. It was pretty much over from that point.

The Injen parts are suppose to be carb legal, but when I bought this stuff back in 06, it was pending for the IX. So I never got the sticker from them.

So, my plans now is to get this car to my Parent's house and start removing the injen stuff. Then do the exhaust. At least put the midpipe and cat back on.

Then I'm hoping that Andy can get these cams, injectors to idle and perform like stock when it gets smogged. But If I have to take the injectors out, no problem. I just don't want the cams out.

Once this is all done and my car is clear. Then I'll be redoing the setup alittle bit. Sleeper mode. Hide the blue box thingy!

Is there a ref station in every city?

steevo8
05-25-2008, 12:28 PM
the injectors shouldn't be an issue... The cams on the other hand :? ..............

rigd1
05-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'm caught in a jam. So, I've decided to take my time on it. With a shoulder injury and all, I have no choice to take my time on it.

rigd1
06-23-2008, 12:04 PM
?

what if i never receive the ticket in the mail?

EFIxMR
06-23-2008, 12:09 PM
hmm, unfortunately the never coming in the mail stuff catches up with you, even if its totally not your fault. i got a speeding ticket back when i was 17 when i was in socal, and the ticket never came. Every once in awhile I would go to the DMV to check my record and it was clear. However when I was about 21 and it came time to renew my license, it said I had an unpaid speeding ticket, and was not allowed to renew. I had to hire a lawyer and spend a bunch of money to get my license back, and couldn't drive for a couple months!

awdaddict
06-23-2008, 12:12 PM
?

what if i never receive the ticket in the mail?

Check the electronic database if they have one.
You can usually retrieve it on the website before the physical copy gets to you.

I remember a notice saying, if the courtesy notice doesn't get to you, it does not excempt you from the violation(s)

JDMevoBOOST
06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Can't you just pay away a ref ticket? If so, I'd do that instead.

rigd1
06-23-2008, 10:49 PM
I've been waiting on this ticket in the mail to see how much the fines are. I ended up having surgery on my right shoulder last Friday, so I can't even drive a manual trans, even if i wanted to. I want to pay all the fees since I physically cannot finish my car. Or at least get an extension.

Being with 1 arm is a bitch! Driving an auto even sux!!!

willitas34
06-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Can't you just pay away a ref ticket? If so, I'd do that instead.

+1

rigd1
06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
That's my plan. But I still need to get my tint removed and ticket signed off. :(

SpinOne05
07-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Just pay the ref ticket instead of going back to stock. Then just make everything stealthy under the hood.

rigd1
07-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Well, my court date is this coming Wednesday. Funny thing is, I've never received my fine in the mail. I called the court house earlier last week. My ticket is not even in their data base yet. The lady said that they are backed up and are playing catch up with alot of the tickets.

What?! I got popped in May. It's freakin July! The lady told me to call again this Tuesday to double check on it. If it's not there, she said to show up to the court house and get something on paper, because it's possible that the ticket might pop up in the future.

But, today I got to at least get my tinted window ticket signed off. I can't drive stick for the next 2-4 months, so I guess the cops are coming over for lunch. :shock:

rigd1
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
So, I went to the Vallejo PD today. I tried to call them, but they are not picking up the phone for regular questions at all. Anyways, I pulled up and ask if they can send me a cop to sign off my ticket. "NO. We don't have enough police staff to do house visits." I was like, WTF?! How am I gonna do this?

F... it! I'm gonna drive it to the station somehow. Basically, I drove my car with my right hand in the sling, holding the steering wheel at 6 o clock position. Shift with my left hand. I cruised all the way over there and then they were like, "You're crazy for doing that. I hope you didn't drive reckless coming here." I'm looking at them in discomfort cuz of the shoulder. "Just look at my window, so I can go home."

They took a glance and signed it off.

Tomorrow, I'll be paying the modified emission fee of $456.00 (uncorrected), but I was also granted a 30 day extension, since they didn't send my courtesy ticket in the mail and due to injury. If corrected it's $346.00.

rigd1
07-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Ticket is finally paid off!!!!!
BUT, it wasn't an easy process. My ticket got denied by 2 people before getting settled. I'm glad the supervisor helped me out at the check in window. Next person up the chain of command is the judge.

Total was $370, thanks to the supervisor. :D

Devin@SpeedElement
07-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Ryan.... how's ur shoulder ???? Glad everything worked out for you... let me know if there's anything else you'll need.

rigd1
07-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Ryan.... how's ur shoulder ???? Glad everything worked out for you... let me know if there's anything else you'll need.

Sup Devin!
The shoulder is still sore at times. Not alot of pain, but lots of discomfort. I have 3 more months to go......