PDA

View Full Version : wow..cant believe this guy..

J_s0 Fresh
05-29-2008, 06:40 AM
ok guys heres the story, i was in santa clara going to my homies house on homestead when a cop comes out of no where and passes right by me, then he sees a construction unit in the middle of the street so he goes and tries to be slick and posts right in front of it thinking i cant see him..might i add im like 4 cars behind the unit, then when the light turns green, i pass him then right away he flashes me..so im like "great here we go the targeting begins..." so i pull over and roll down my windows, if you guys have seen my car around my tint is 10% too all around and i had them half way up.. so i rolled them all the way down and he said the normal "do you know why i stopped you?" of course im going to say "no" because i was jus minding my own business told him im from out of town since i live in stockton and i was visiting family..well the jerk decides to say "you cant have this tint its too dark.." blah blah blah...ok so i told him that i will get that fixed, then he starts looking around the car for any other stuff that he thinks is illegal so he comes up with his "list" and says "ok your exhaust is too loud..ur tint is too dark, ur license plate is not mounted, ur "intake" (which is only a k&n filter might i add) has to be taken to a ref." and im like "my exhaust is not loud, my license plate is in the front so whats the deal, and its just a k&n filter connected to the MAF" so he wrote me a fix-it..and said the exhaust, tint, and license plate can be corrected by any police officer but you have to take the "intake" to a referee..

What a jerk, came and rolled by, posted seen a clean washed evo and decided to tag me..then when he let me go i said "did i help you meet ur quota for the month?.." and he tried to say "i have no quota.." then walked away... what a douche...

turbosmurf02
05-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Man thats bogus! Sorry dude! Cops love the EB evos, at least where i live up Northern Cali.

Better luck in the future guy.

J_s0 Fresh
05-29-2008, 09:07 AM
ha its koo, where in norther cali are you located?..cuz this was in sanjose/santa clara county..lol

byt
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
um, welcome to kalifornia. unfortunately this is the way it goes unless you have carb stickers for everything and even then they can still mess with ya.

mtsevovii
05-29-2008, 11:36 AM
:? scary

dl_EVO
05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
BTW...

Police officers do not have quotas...

They need to issue tickets and if they do not issue a "reasonable" amount then they could get in trouble.

But there is no monthly quota.

esco
05-29-2008, 12:04 PM
take the car to BAR for a mod'd exhaust test, where they only test your DB limit. keep that paper in your car and claim not guilty. he wont show up and if some way he does, he's f'd.

next time ask him what insturment he used to determine the car was above the ca db law of 91db. Then remind him that his chief of police and govenor made it against policy to carry such devices in their vehicles. ZING!

I have the BAR paperwork in my glove box but i always hit them up with that when i get pulled over 1rst. They dont really have a response for it.

sprytsi
05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
That's why I try not to wash my EB :lol:

nebolic
05-29-2008, 01:01 PM
should've taken photos of the items he listed as "illegal" on the spot and have the pig in the pic too. Then sue the city and have him removed from his job.

fawk the pigs.

nebo

dabaysevo
06-02-2008, 02:35 PM
fawk the pigs.

nebo

Whoa, you fawk t3h pigs? I only like my pigs on the side of eggs in the form of bacon or ham. You must really love bacon. :P

superfleajq
06-02-2008, 02:49 PM
this is what makes me stay away from getting my front windows tinted again. After getting busted once, it's just one easy thing for cops to nail us on. Might as well not give them another simple reason to poke around the engine bay, etc... just the way it is..

Lurk
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
I remember one time I was with my friend when he got pulled over for dark tint on his Benz, and this cunt cop started running her mouth saying it's illegal and dangerous and an officer safety issue, blah blah blah. He then took out his doctor's note and she shut the fuck up right then and there and said "have a nice day" :lol:

byt
06-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I remember one time I was with my friend when he got pulled over for dark tint on his Benz, and this cunt cop started running her mouth saying it's illegal and dangerous and an officer safety issue, blah blah blah. He then took out his doctor's note and she shut the fuck up right then and there and said "have a nice day" :lol:

:lol: kickass :lol:

AreSTG
06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
somone on this site posted a link to a website with laws on tint. it said in CA a doctor saying your should have tint is not legitimate. it was, however dated as late 90's so the law could have been ammended

DirectorSe7en
06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
A cop I talked to said No amount of tint is legal. Sounded right, but that's because I wasn't about to argue with him.....

What's the actual law on this?

sprytsi
06-03-2008, 03:40 PM
A cop I talked to said No amount of tint is legal. Sounded right, but that's because I wasn't about to argue with him.....

What's the actual law on this?

I believe any tint on your front windows (aside from 'factory tint) is illegal.

DetailAddict
06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
damn, where in Santa Clara did this happen? Sucks and sorry to hear man...

troy
06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
i asked a chp officer.....front window tint is illegal. percentage doesnt make a difference. i've heard that people that have reactions if they are in direct sunlight for extended periods can get some kind of waiver.

Eric_SJ
06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I hope I'll be able to clear some tint stuff up for everyone.

Here is the tint law: 26708 http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

26708.Â* (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle which obstructs or reduces the driver's clear view through the windshield or side windows.

(3) This subdivision applies to a person driving a motor vehicle with the driver's clear vision through the windshield, or side or rear windows, obstructed by snow or ice.

(b) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Rearview mirrors.

(2) Adjustable nontransparent sunvisors which are mounted forward of the side windows and are not attached to the glass.

(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.

(4) Side windows which are to the rear of the driver.

(5) Direction, destination, or termini signs upon a passenger common carrier motor vehicle or a schoolbus, if those signs do not interfere with the driver's clear view of approaching traffic.

(6) Rear window wiper motor.

(7) Rear trunk lid handle or hinges.

( 8 ) The rear window or windows, when the motor vehicle is equipped with outside mirrors on both the left- and right-hand sides of the vehicle that are so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.

(9) A clear, transparent lens affixed to the side window opposite the driver on a vehicle greater than 80 inches in width and which occupies an area not exceeding 50 square inches of the lowest corner toward the rear of that window and which provides the driver with a wide-angle view through the lens.

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness.

(11) An electronic communication device affixed to the center uppermost portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not greater than 5 inches square, if the device provides either of the following:

(A) The capability for enforcement facilities of the Department of the California Highway Patrol to communicate with a vehicle equipped with the device.

(B) The capability for electronic toll and traffic management on public or private roads or facilities.

(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if the following conditions apply:

(1) The bottom edge of the material is at least 29 inches above the undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point 5 inches in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in its rearmost and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.

(2) The material is not red or amber in color.

(3) There is no opaque lettering on the material and any other lettering does not affect primary colors or distort vision through the windshield.

(4) The material does not reflect sunlight or headlight glare into the eyes of occupants of oncoming or following vehicles to any greater extent than the windshield without the material.

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the installing company and the material's manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer's instructions meets the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the material's manufacturer by full name and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.

Amended Sec. 77, Ch. 1154, Stats. 1996. Effective September 30, 1996.
Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 476, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.

OK. Did you guys notice subsection #10? Â* "(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness. "

OK. Here is section 26708.2 http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708_2.htm

" 26708.2.Â* "Sun screening devices permitted by paragraph (10) of subdivision (b) of Section 26708 shall meet the following requirements:

(a) The devices shall be held in place by means allowing ready removal from the window area, such as a frame, a rigid material with temporary fasteners, or a flexible roller shade.

(b) Devices utilizing transparent material shall be green, gray, or a neutral smoke in color and shall have a luminous transmittance of not less than 35 percent.

(c) Devices utilizing nontransparent louvers or other alternating patterns of opaque and open sections shall have an essentially uniform pattern over the entire surface, except for framing and supports. At least 35 percent of the device area shall be open and no individual louver or opaque section shall have a projected vertical dimension exceeding 3/16 inch.

(d) The devices shall not have a reflective quality exceeding 35 percent on either the inner or outer surface.

Added Ch. 74, Stats. 1984. Effective January 1, 1985. "

Basically, it's those stick up shade deals. Tha's the only thing you can have up front legally that a doctor can sign off for. A stick up shade deal that you can pull off readily.Â* I'm in no way trying to be a dick, but I want to spread the truth and not have my Evo driving friends spouting off bad info to the cops when you get hit up.Â* Your attitude makes up 90% of the result of the ticket you may, or may not get.Â* I school my cop buddies on the Evo as well. Explaining that "Thats the way they come guys. Pretty, semi-loud and fast. They're stock."

Sorry about the bold and red too. I just wanted my commentary to be discernable from the law.Â* Hit me up with any other law questions.Â* BTW, I see a bit of ignorance on the exhaust issue as wellÂ* :)

Evo Jai
06-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Very nice information on the window tints. :D I've been busted for tints as well. I even had my STOCK exhaust measured, cop didn't believe it was stock. Made me pop open the hood and all he said was "I do not believe this is stock." :lol:

Sorry to hear what happened to you man.

threepointsix
07-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Im thinking of registering mine in Nevada...no plate, black tint etc; always "just visiting sir"

Have to get a NV license ohh well

mrevo8
07-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm down to reg my Evo in Nevada :]

DirectorSe7en
07-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I hope I'll be able to clear some tint stuff up for everyone.

Here is the tint law: 26708 http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle which obstructs or reduces the driver's clear view through the windshield or side windows.

(3) This subdivision applies to a person driving a motor vehicle with the driver's clear vision through the windshield, or side or rear windows, obstructed by snow or ice.

(b) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Rearview mirrors.

(2) Adjustable nontransparent sunvisors which are mounted forward of the side windows and are not attached to the glass.

(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.

(4) Side windows which are to the rear of the driver.

(5) Direction, destination, or termini signs upon a passenger common carrier motor vehicle or a schoolbus, if those signs do not interfere with the driver's clear view of approaching traffic.

(6) Rear window wiper motor.

(7) Rear trunk lid handle or hinges.

( 8 ) The rear window or windows, when the motor vehicle is equipped with outside mirrors on both the left- and right-hand sides of the vehicle that are so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.

(9) A clear, transparent lens affixed to the side window opposite the driver on a vehicle greater than 80 inches in width and which occupies an area not exceeding 50 square inches of the lowest corner toward the rear of that window and which provides the driver with a wide-angle view through the lens.

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness.

(11) An electronic communication device affixed to the center uppermost portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not greater than 5 inches square, if the device provides either of the following:

(A) The capability for enforcement facilities of the Department of the California Highway Patrol to communicate with a vehicle equipped with the device.

(B) The capability for electronic toll and traffic management on public or private roads or facilities.

(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if the following conditions apply:

(1) The bottom edge of the material is at least 29 inches above the undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point 5 inches in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in its rearmost and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.

(2) The material is not red or amber in color.

(3) There is no opaque lettering on the material and any other lettering does not affect primary colors or distort vision through the windshield.

(4) The material does not reflect sunlight or headlight glare into the eyes of occupants of oncoming or following vehicles to any greater extent than the windshield without the material.

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the installing company and the material's manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer's instructions meets the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the material's manufacturer by full name and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.

Amended Sec. 77, Ch. 1154, Stats. 1996. Effective September 30, 1996.
Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 476, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.

OK. Did you guys notice subsection #10? Â "(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness. "

OK. Here is section 26708.2 http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708_2.htm

" 26708.2. "Sun screening devices permitted by paragraph (10) of subdivision (b) of Section 26708 shall meet the following requirements:

(a) The devices shall be held in place by means allowing ready removal from the window area, such as a frame, a rigid material with temporary fasteners, or a flexible roller shade.

(b) Devices utilizing transparent material shall be green, gray, or a neutral smoke in color and shall have a luminous transmittance of not less than 35 percent.

(c) Devices utilizing nontransparent louvers or other alternating patterns of opaque and open sections shall have an essentially uniform pattern over the entire surface, except for framing and supports. At least 35 percent of the device area shall be open and no individual louver or opaque section shall have a projected vertical dimension exceeding 3/16 inch.

(d) The devices shall not have a reflective quality exceeding 35 percent on either the inner or outer surface.

Added Ch. 74, Stats. 1984. Effective January 1, 1985. "

Basically, it's those stick up shade deals. Tha's the only thing you can have up front legally that a doctor can sign off for. A stick up shade deal that you can pull off readily. I'm in no way trying to be a dick, but I want to spread the truth and not have my Evo driving friends spouting off bad info to the cops when you get hit up. Your attitude makes up 90% of the result of the ticket you may, or may not get. I school my cop buddies on the Evo as well. Explaining that "Thats the way they come guys. Pretty, semi-loud and fast. They're stock."

Sorry about the bold and red too. I just wanted my commentary to be discernable from the law. Hit me up with any other law questions. BTW, I see a bit of ignorance on the exhaust issue as well :)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/colinaintreadingallthat.jpg

mrevo8
07-08-2008, 02:42 PM
^ LOL . i read most of it :(

dsmdeliverybo
07-22-2008, 06:31 PM
hahaha I gotta try the quota thing next time I get pulled over, thats classic lmao

Susp3nc3
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
gdamn cops...thats why i took my wing off...profiling