PDA

View Full Version : BOUGHT...Jdm evo 9 stock bov wanted

loquito_8302
05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
like the topic says imĀ* looking for the jdm evo 9 (metal) blow ff vave so if anyone is selling one please help a brother out... it would be greatly apprecite it

sprytsi
05-29-2008, 03:30 PM
is there a difference between the JDM Evo 9 and USDM Evo 9 BOV?

loquito_8302
05-29-2008, 03:54 PM
it seems the jdm version is made of metal and the usdm is made out of plastic. the jdm bov holds off more boost. for what i'v heard the usdm evo mr is the only one with the jdm bov and every dealer i go they only have the plastic bov

nebulous
05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
is there a difference between the JDM Evo 9 and USDM Evo 9 BOV?

There is no difference between the JDM EVO 9 and the USDM EVO 9 BOV. They are the same. The USDM EVO IX BOV is metal. You can get them at the dealership.

loquito_8302
05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
well the reason why i say that is cuz i already went to two dealers and teh bov that they ordered were plastic and thet said thats all they had... thats why i'm saying i need the metal bov

nebulous
05-29-2008, 04:31 PM
well the reason why i say that is cuz i already went to two dealers and teh bov that they ordered were plastic and thet said thats all they had... thats why i'm saying i need the metal bov

Are you giving them your VIN number and is your car an VIII? Just tell them that your car is a EVO IX and they will get you the right one.

loquito_8302
05-29-2008, 04:36 PM
mine is a ix and i did and they came with the same bs.... but ima try a different dealer.. thanks

nebulous
05-29-2008, 04:37 PM
mine is a ix and i did and they came with the same bs.... but ima try a different dealer.. thanks

Did your EVO come with a plastic BOV? All IXs came with the metal BOV.

loquito_8302
05-29-2008, 05:09 PM
see teh thing is that this evo came with an aps bov cuz thats what teh previous owner had. i had a new red one b4 this one and it came with the metal one and i thought that when i ordered them it would be metal too but it wasnt.

earlyapex aka jack ass
05-29-2008, 06:47 PM
#1545A001

Limeyboy
06-01-2008, 10:59 PM
^+1
thats the part i run. Who needs aftermarket idle problems when the JDM hold the boost ;)

loquito_8302
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
thats what i say too.... now i know not to trust any other aftermarket bov.... i mean that will do the job fine for me

cornercarver
06-02-2008, 02:32 PM
thats what i say too.... now i know not to trust any other aftermarket bov.... i mean that will do the job fine for me

There isn't anything wrong with aftermarket BOV's, but our cars meter the in-coming air in such a way that it causes driveability problems when you use it without a tune for it.

Here's one for sale for a fair price:

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,28433.0.html

loquito_8302
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
thanks for the input cornercarver... yeah thats what i heard too but some of the people tuning the car i heard rather use the jdm bov because it holds more boost and is easier to set up... thanks for the link

cornercarver
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
thanks for the input cornercarver... yeah thats what i heard too but some of the people tuning the car i heard rather use the jdm bov because it holds more boost and is easier to set up... thanks for the link

It will hold to around 23psi, but will leak after that. It isn't a BOV though, or JDM. It is simply an evo IX diverter valve, or bypass valve if you will as it vents the air back into the intake.
They moved from the plastic ones to the metal ones for the IX, and are found on every evo IX. I would call it JDM if you couldn't get it without ordering it from a japanese manufacturer, but you can get it anywhere here in the US. The guys at the dealership are giving you the run around and are trying to sell you an VIII diverter. It is sad that we can rarely trust the guys working at the dealership parts center, and they rarely know what they are talking about. A new one from the dealership is around $120. You might even be able to buy a X diverter for the same price. I am not sure if it holds more boost though. Check it out.

chefnevo
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
i see your back JR!

cornercarver
06-02-2008, 06:34 PM
i see your back JR!

Yayy, I can finally post again!!! We just had to do out with the homepage lol! I kicked your ass at bowling last night!