PDA

View Full Version : problems with blitz dtt

YinYang
01-13-2005, 11:18 PM
hi all, i just had the blitz dtt installed in my 04 GSR yesterday. Unfortunately its not idling when i turn the car off. I put the car in neutral, engage the parking brake, turn the key and the car turns off. The boost gauge function on the unit works fine and i can also see it calculating how long it will need to idle...only its just not idling when im ready to walk away. I had it installed at the shop formerly known as SSquared. I gave them a call and they were baffled. They said even though it was the first time theyve installed this unit on an evo, the install went smoothly. Does anyone know of anything special or different that needs to be done with this unit when installing it in an evo that the SSquared guys mightve missed? Ive never had a turbo timer before, so im hoping its just some stupid little mistake on my part or their part that can be fixed easily.
Thanks

vtluu
01-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Saw this on "the other site" today, might be useful: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=112426

mrprotocols
01-14-2005, 12:56 AM
My friend installed that in my 05 evo.... I think they wired to my alarm, and they also mentioned the wiring will be different if there is no alarm... Neway... I'll ask them in more detail tomororw and let you noe

egui42
01-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Sounds like the wire to the parking brake. Dont use the supplied splitter for the parking brake, when I installed mine, it didnt even go through the wire entirely. Which in fact leads to a bad contact and the car will not idle. Check the connection, I am sure that is the prob. :wink:

ace33joe
01-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Sounds like the wire to the parking brake. Dont use the supplied splitter for the parking brake, when I installed mine, it didnt even go through the wire entirely. Which in fact leads to a bad contact and the car will not idle. Check the connection, I am sure that is the prob. :wink:

I agree. Please check the parking brake wire connection.

BluEvo
01-14-2005, 06:09 PM
yeah, if the hand brake wire is not spliced all the way through it will not work out to well.

YinYang
01-14-2005, 08:45 PM
ok then, ill have the SSquared guys recheck the wiring to the parking break, sounds like an easy solution :) thx everyone.

YinYang
02-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Sigh...I finally had the time to bring my car back to SSquared to have them check the timer for any bad wiring. Unfortunately, they couldn't find anything wrong with the install. The only thing they weren't sure about was a white wire that doesn't appear to have any use. They are mainly a subaru shop and they said that for subarus at least, the white wire is used only for japanese models. Not quite sure about the evo, they consulted the installation manual and it doesnt even mention the white wire...bleh, any other thoughts? I hope i didn't get a bum timer, it would be a pain in the ass to have it taken out, send it back and get another one :(

egui42
03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Did they actually check the wire connection on the parking brake? Cause when mine was doing that, the connection looked good, until I took the connector out and saw that it didnt penetrate through the wire. I cant really think of what else could be, unless you have an alarm. I know for an STi you have to disarm the alarm to make it work.