PDA

View Full Version : May Factory Flash for Evo X

Unowned
06-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Heading up to concord today, i don't have the problem that much anymore since the April Flash, but always good to have the latest firmware. Anyone else already get it? Wayne!? hah see you there today again?

TSB 08-13-011

Technical Service Bulletin
SUBJECT:
ENGINE CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING
FOR SLIGHT HESITATION ABOVE 5,000 RPM
No: TSB 08-13-011
DATE: May, 2008
MODEL: 2008 Lancer Evolution
CIRCULATE TO: [ ] GENERAL MANAGER [X] PARTS MANAGER [X] TECHNICIAN
[X] SERVICE ADVISOR [X] SERVICE MANAGER [X] WARRANTY PROCESSOR [ ] SALES MANAGER
PURPOSE
Customers of some affected vehicles may experience a slight hesitation when accelerating at engine
speeds above 5,000 RPM. The condition is due to the air fuel mixture becoming too rich during higher
engine speed.
This Technical Service Bulletin advises the steps to reprogram the ECM with new software which will cor‐
rect the air/fuel ratio during certain operating parameters.
AFFECTED VEHICLES
2008 Lancer Evolution equipped with 5 speed manual transmission only built prior to April 10, 2008.

DirectorSe7en
06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Nice. Good looking out.

Is this something Mitsu has done in the past? Regular "firmware" updates I mean. Seems shitty to me that someone has to remember to bring their car in for updates because it was perfect from the factory. :?

wayne0912
06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Lol, I won't see you at Concord today. I think I'll go on Friday if I have the day off. Let us know how it turns out.

leaveit2bevo
06-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Nice. Good looking out.

Is this something Mitsu has done in the past? Regular "firmware" updates I mean. Seems shitty to me that someone has to remember to bring there car in for updates because it was perfect from the factory. :?

no the VIII and IX didnt run like ass from the factory.

Unowned
06-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Nice. Good looking out.

Is this something Mitsu has done in the past? Regular "firmware" updates I mean. Seems shitty to me that someone has to remember to bring there car in for updates because it was perfect from the factory. :?

no the VIII and IX didnt run like ass from the factory.

Yea D7 the 4g63 has been around for ages... the extra electronic stuff is all new to mitsu so we are the test mules.

Btw the car runs really really good now to redline... Butt Dyno says it's faster too. The last dyno as SE was 230 whp with April Flash. SE want me to come by again? :D

earlyapex aka jack ass
06-02-2008, 01:46 PM
The 03/04 evo had about 5 different factory flash updates.

Remember the X is a new model year. I am sure once the X is out for a year or two it will all be ironed out, much like the 03 evo and subsequent model years.

nebolic
06-02-2008, 01:47 PM
nice, another flash.

nebo

EFIxMR
06-02-2008, 02:22 PM
come on by wednesday if you can. call me or pm me to confirm.

Unowned
06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Well here are the results... no dyno scans but overall the car lost 1 psi of boost and has AFRs leaner at 10.1 or something. 226 whp which is down from the previous flash of 230 whp. Overall my impressions is the car really pulls very smoothly to redline and beyond. Also I have been getting better gas milage than the april flash. 1 mpg city better from the previous flash and 2 hwy. Choice is yours whether or not to get it.

Eventually I will still go with some type of ecu flash... for now i'm enjoying the smoothness and better MPGs

JERRY
06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I wonder if the cars sitting on the lots at the dealerships are updated before the sale. I would just laugh if I went there, bought a car, and had to go back the next week after finding out about the flash.

Jerry

Matz
06-04-2008, 04:26 PM
I wonder if the cars sitting on the lots at the dealerships are updated before the sale. I would just laugh if I went there, bought a car, and had to go back the next week after finding out about the flash.

You are too easy going, Jerry. I would be pretty damn annoyed cuz I hate going to dealerships.

Boostd4
06-05-2008, 12:15 PM

Jerry

That's pretty much what happened when I bought mine. The 1st flash came out a week after I bought the car. Still debating on getting the 2nd as everything is solid now.

JERRY
06-05-2008, 01:22 PM

You are too easy going, Jerry. I would be pretty damn annoyed cuz I hate going to dealerships.

Jerry

That's pretty much what happened when I bought mine. The 1st flash came out a week after I bought the car. Still debating on getting the 2nd as everything is solid now.

I'm not that easy going, don't get me wrong here. But I do think it would be very funny after the fact... "hey, I know you just bought a brand new car, but you have to take it back because they didn't finish everything before the release" hahahaha. It still doesn't change the fact that I want one, but it does change when I'll buy it.

jerry

superman37r1
06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Just got mine reflashed today and man it sure runs a lot better now...It pulls everywhere very nicely especially up top it would fall on its face at 4800 and above...Now it pulls like it should all the way to redline...Actually feels like a tune minus crankin up the boost lol...

I cant wait to get a custom tune man this car would be crazy...