PDA

View Full Version : alignment for autocross

RSpilot
01-16-2005, 03:37 PM
anyone willing to share some tips for alignment specs for autocross. I will be running in AS and have some victoracers coming monday. Car will be aligned with the slighly larger tires on (I have a spare set of wheels) stock rims.
Also, any tire pressure hints as this will be my first experience with these tires. :P
thanx Duncan

chrisw
01-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Alignment....

do the alignment trick on the front end and that should offer -1.6 to -2.0 degrees camber. Search the how-to forums for answers on how to do this. WARNING.. this will seriously tweak your toe...

speaking of toe, run 0 degrees on all 4 corners.

For tire presures, I ran 36 front, ~30 in the rear depending on conditions (weather, surface, etc...)

RSpilot
01-16-2005, 11:25 PM
were you running any negative camber in the rear?
duncan

vtluu
01-17-2005, 02:41 AM
I like just a tad of toe out in the front; currently have about 0.1 degrees of toe-out--a little bit goes a long way. Tuesday I'm getting the car aligned to -3 degrees camber and 0.15 degrees toe-out in front, -1.3 camber and straight toe in back. Front toe-out can make the car a bit nervous to drive on the road (don't ever let go of the wheel) so use it in moderation. ;)

chrisw
01-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Sorry, I was running the stock settings from the factory at the time. I belive it was around -1.2

:shock:

I like just a tad of toe out in the front; currently have about 0.1 degrees of toe-out--a little bit goes a long way. Tuesday I'm getting the car aligned to -3 degrees camber and 0.15 degrees toe-out in front, -1.3 camber and straight toe in back. Front toe-out can make the car a bit nervous to drive on the road (don't ever let go of the wheel) so use it in moderation. ;)

wow.. .nervous is an understatement.