PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my intake.

holla87disEvo
01-16-2005, 03:42 PM
My "service engine soon" light just came on yesterday and im not sure what the problem is. i just installed a k&n typhoon intake two days ago, and im thinking that probably is the reason why the lights coming on. but the light has never come on before with my old car. I already tried to reset the ECU and it came on again. Another problem is that my engine would shut off today when i was slowing down to make a right turn. There shouldnt be anything wrong with my car because i just bought it used from the dealer 2-3 weeks ago and the only upgrades i have is my Intake and a greddy blow-off valve. If this problem has happened to anyone else or if anyone knows whats wrong and can tell me i would be soo thankful you dont even know.

egui42
01-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Are you venting to atmosphere or recirculating on the BOV?

SouthernCrane
01-16-2005, 07:38 PM
If you are in the SouthBay I can pull the code for you, PM me.

holla87disEvo
01-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Im atmosphering right now. Would it be better to re-circulate. Thanks for the offer but i live in the East bay near concord and walnut creek

Evo8Master
01-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Im atmosphering right now. Would it be better to re-circulate. Thanks for the offer but i live in the East bay near concord and walnut creek

Thats your problem. Evos dont like venting to atmosphere unless you have a standalone or at least a Hks EIDS.

egui42
01-17-2005, 10:26 AM

Thats your problem. Evos dont like venting to atmosphere unless you have a standalone or at least a Hks EIDS.

That would do it!!!! :wink: Recirculate that BOV and your problem will be solved.

nebolic
01-17-2005, 10:27 AM
i think the combination of open air intake and VTA bov will not work. You will definetely need to recirc your BOV to prevent the car from stalling. Though even if you Recirc your BOV you will still hear the whoosh because you have an open air intake. Also, just go to autozone or something and they can pull the code for you, you probably won't have a clue on what the code is but post up here and we'll probably be able to decipher it. Its free to get your code pulled at the Auto stores.

Nebo

spoolin
01-17-2005, 12:00 PM
hey man, i have a similar combo to you (intake and greddy bov) and i set it to recirc. U can still hear the bov fine. I've never once had a drivability issue with my setup. ya man, just switch to recirc and ur life will be successful. late.

holla87disEvo
01-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Ok im going to re-circulate now , i didnt think it was a problem. thanks for telling me.

EvoVIII
01-19-2005, 12:18 AM
should have go for the MR DV kit, then ur life will be more sucessful :D

BluEvo
01-19-2005, 03:10 PM
your car dying out like that, is b/c of the bov and the open air element combined. the increased air/fuel readings are confusing the computer. there have been issues with some members with vta bov's. it just depends on the car. some are sensitive and some are not. i agree with the others. recirculate for now and see if it helps.

holla87disEvo
01-20-2005, 12:52 AM
How much are MR Dv kits running for anyway?

Evo8andahalf
01-21-2005, 07:42 PM
gruppe s has it for like 120 http://gruppe-s.com/Evo/evoeng.htm

EvoKach
02-08-2005, 05:10 PM
You may need to mod the type-S as well. Mine stuttered in 5th and when going from reverse to forward it would die. This was because inside the BOV there are 2 springs.....remove the lighter of the two and you are all set.

holla87disEvo
02-09-2005, 12:20 AM
thanks for the help