PDA

View Full Version : Tein FLEX w/ EDFC or WORKS/ZEAL™ Exclusive Function-V6

mrprotocols
01-17-2005, 09:18 PM
I am planning to purchase coilover sometime Feb. I will try to attend at least 1 or 2 auto track day this year or more if i don't attend too many motorcycle track day =)

What are your opinion on the Tien Flex w/ EDFC and Works/Zeal Exclusive Function V6?

jbigelow
01-17-2005, 09:24 PM
WORKS ZEAL V6!!!!!!

if i had to choose.

-john

evo_dadi
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
aww cmon john also if you have the money to buy it also ;) but the zeals is one set up to have :thumbsup:

SouthernCrane
01-17-2005, 09:58 PM
WORKS ZEAL V6!!!!!!

if i had to choose.

-john

I would recommend the Zeals because I have them, and love them.

brwnrice
01-17-2005, 10:32 PM
if your are going to 1 or 2 track days only then it would be practical to buy the tein flex instead of the zeals.

hi_nrg_fizzix
01-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Can't go wrong with the Works tuned Zeals. Razor sharp handling and a high quality product.

warpspeed
01-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Ya, it all depends on how much track you are going to do. Also remember the more you track your car, the sooner you will have to rebuild your system. Since the Zeals are more expensive then the Tein, the rebuild will cost a grip also. If you have the funds then go with the Zeals, if not go with the Teins.

wilson1
01-18-2005, 12:28 AM
With the Teins you can set it to the softest settings and it's nice ane comfy.

Btw,Tein is releasing their Ultimate Spec Circuit Master Super Racing (SRC) coilovers in February '05 for the EVO. They have separate ride-height and pre-load adjustments, separate compression and rebound adjustments, and are EDFC compatible for both the compression and rebound. :shock:

http://speedomodel.com/.evo/tein_ra_src.jpg

EvoVIII
01-18-2005, 12:39 AM

Btw,Tein is releasing their Ultimate Spec Circuit Master Super Racing (SRC) coilovers in February '05 for the EVO. They have separate ride-height and pre-load adjustments, separate compression and rebound adjustments, and are EDFC compatible for both the compression and rebound. :shock:

I also know that SRC cost $$$$.$$

jbigelow
01-18-2005, 01:08 AM
aww cmon john also if you have the money to buy it also ;) but the zeals is one set up to have :thumbsup:

yeah, that is true!!!!! money is a factor in choosing what is right for your type of driving.

SouthernCrane
01-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Why don't you try these out for us :D

http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=BrsZhQ03fXYL21zSNnhxy2DlLNhc rf5xdhV3Zl06DryMyvDMLhcc!1972404414!1470754584?eve nt=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/bose_suspension.jsp&pageName=/automotive/innovations/index.jsp

mrprotocols
01-18-2005, 08:39 AM

I also know that SRC cost $$$$.$$

How much is this going for?

mrprotocols
01-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Why don't you try these out for us :D

http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=BrsZhQ03fXYL21zSNnhxy2DlLNhc rf5xdhV3Zl06DryMyvDMLhcc!1972404414!1470754584?eve nt=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/bose_suspension.jsp&pageName=/automotive/innovations/index.jsp

That's pretty interesting. HOw much does it go for tho =) what do i need to do test it out =)

turbotiger
01-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I am planning to purchase coilover sometime Feb. I will try to attend at least 1 or 2 auto track day this year or more if i don't attend too many motorcycle track day =)

What are your opinion on the Tien Flex w/ EDFC and Works/Zeal Exclusive Function V6?

What do you plan to do? Street only? Racing? What kind? How much do you ride in the street or how much street comfort do you want to sacrifice.?

What's your budget?

mrprotocols
01-18-2005, 06:07 PM

What do you plan to do? Street only? Racing? What kind? How much do you ride in the street or how much street comfort do you want to sacrifice.?

What's your budget?

I am planning to do street driving 80% of the time another 20% to the track if possible. Then if I stop doing track day on my bike, I will go to the track more w/ my car tho.... I care less about the comfort as long as handling good =)... My budget is around 2k to 2500

jstockdale
01-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I have the WORKS/Zeal Function V6s, and can't say anthing except good things about them.

I plan on doing mainly daily driving with some track time.

-S ...

mrprotocols
01-18-2005, 07:33 PM
koo looks like everyone suggested works/zeal function V6s... Time for me to purchase that in Feb =)..

wilson1
01-18-2005, 07:39 PM
:lol:

You are close enough to Works that they can give you more info. As a matter of fact, they carry both types of coilovers that you are interested in. Jamie @ Works is the one who can give you more info. Most people around norcal have the zeals setup, and socal folks have their RRE tuned setup.

You should try to seek/ contact some members that have the same coilovers that you are interested in and ask them to give you a ride, or better yet, let you take it for a spin.

Don't forget to add on the cost of install and alignment to the setup too !

hi_nrg_fizzix
01-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Good choice. If you outgrow your setup you can go with stiffer springs and have them revalved down the road. The Works install/alignment was very reasonable too.

turbotiger
01-19-2005, 02:41 PM
For all out performance, I'm partial to RRE's / Mueller's JIC setup, but that's just from my DSM background. I'd stay away from TEIN's. Didn't hear very good things from a track / performance standpoint, though they're good a good street setup. Haven't heard or felt much of WORK's setup personally. But if you're going to do 80% of your time on the street, you really should be considering a street / track compromise. That means softer springs, more adjustability on the shocks towards softer side, no pillow ball mounts or replaceing of rubber with metal. I'm not sure how important shock mount adjustability is on the EVO's. Not sure if wheel travel is that big a deal or not in our cars.

mrprotocols
01-19-2005, 10:03 PM
:lol:

You are close enough to Works that they can give you more info. As a matter of fact, they carry both types of coilovers that you are interested in. Jamie @ Works is the one who can give you more info. Most people around norcal have the zeals setup, and socal folks have their RRE tuned setup.

You should try to seek/ contact some members that have the same coilovers that you are interested in and ask them to give you a ride, or better yet, let you take it for a spin.

Don't forget to add on the cost of install and alignment to the setup too !

Thanks =).. I will definately give them a call later, when my bouns check come in feb =)...