PDA

View Full Version : Evo vs STi

RaiderRulerz
01-19-2005, 01:17 AM
I have been looking on the net for the last hour or so and have not been able to come to any conlusions on a couple of things that are keeping me from choosing which one to buy.
I figured I would come to this site being that I am from NorCal and have a bias towards Mitsubishis being as I was raised around a 94' PEarl Yellow 3000gt VR4 and it was my first and best car Ive owned.
A:)Stock what is the PSI set at on the 2 vehicles?
B:)Which motor can handle the most boost stock(only adding a BOV, sprk plg wires, sprk plgs, intake, turbo timer, and boost controler)
C:)How is the tranny/motor on these cars comparatively(My VR4 had trany problems and didnt like to shift when I wanted it to)(old school Eclipses(late 1st gen early 2nd gen(4G63) had crank walk)...
NE help at all is very appreciated and welcome, thank you for your time...

A1C Bohrisch, D
USAF

EvoVIII
01-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I have been looking on the net for the last hour or so and have not been able to come to any conlusions on a couple of things that are keeping me from choosing which one to buy.
I figured I would come to this site being that I am from NorCal and have a bias towards Mitsubishis being as I was raised around a 94' PEarl Yellow 3000gt VR4 and it was my first and best car Ive owned.
A:)Stock what is the PSI set at on the 2 vehicles?
B:)Which motor can handle the most boost stock(only adding a BOV, sprk plg wires, sprk plgs, intake, turbo timer, and boost controler)
C:)How is the tranny/motor on these cars comparatively(My VR4 had trany problems and didnt like to shift when I wanted it to)(old school Eclipses(late 1st gen early 2nd gen(4G63) had crank walk)...
NE help at all is very appreciated and welcome, thank you for your time...

A1C Bohrisch, D
USAF
Hi u have come to the right place

A:)Evo 20.3psi , STI 16psi
B:)4G63 can handle more boost (21psi pump gas, 24+psi on race gas)
C:)When cold, the wost situation is from 1st gear to 2nd gear, but if u can find a certain Transmission fluid for ur car it will help/cure the problem, other then that is a pretty strong Tranny except for the OEM Clutch

DRFTR8
01-19-2005, 10:04 AM
you can also watch some videos that are posted on this forum about the EVO vs STI... from there you can make your own conclusion... or just pick up some tuner magazine and you will find out that the EVO has been car of the year

Whooopasss
01-19-2005, 12:46 PM
factor for me was the back seat passenger space. STI has a small back seat and leg room. Evo has a lot of Back passenger leg room.

EVO GRIM
01-19-2005, 06:03 PM
For me one factor was that the sti front seat didn't go back far enough. But the Evo goes wayyy back.

V8KiLL3R
01-19-2005, 07:32 PM
for me the factor is the price.

mrprotocols
01-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Get a EVO... I was in the same situation last month when I purchase my... I drove my fren STI and went to dealer to test drive the EVO.

I felt the EVO have much better handling then the STI. Yes, STI have more HP, but heavier and don't feel the power.. EVO is lighter and you definately will feel the power... FYI: my WRX/STI frens felt in love with the EVO seat haha =).... I am like the only 1 having EVO among my frens.. All other is STI or WRX....

The EVO is about 1 or 2 k more then STI I think

garrick70
01-19-2005, 07:48 PM
I was going to buy an STI. I am a fan of the WRC Subaru team, and wanted to have my own Blue and Gold Impreza. I test drove the STI and was amazed. I loved the seamless power band and the way the car felt around corners. I had not even considered the Evo until I started reading all of the different Magazine reviews where most preferred the Evo.
A few days before my scheduled day to buy an STI from my neighbor (finance manager for a Subaru dealership) I test drove the Evo. The car felt razor sharp around corners, and while the car had more lag than the STI, I just loved the sling shot effect created by the Evos turbo. It felt lighter, quicker, and more nimble. I purchased my BBY Evo that afternoon. I don't even miss the gold wheels. The car has responded very well to the MODS I have added. However, I still love watching Peter Solberg, and will be cheering for him when the WRC takes off at Monte Carlo!! :D

dohcvtec
01-20-2005, 10:56 AM
my cable company took away speed from our cable package :( :(

RaiderRulerz
01-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Thank you guys for all your information and assistance.
One more question, how much PSI can the stock STI hold?
I plan on drivning them this weekend to see whats better...

EvoVIII
01-20-2005, 08:54 PM
my friend STI boost up to about 21psi.. u can run up to 26 if u put some race gas in

RaiderRulerz
01-20-2005, 09:12 PM
that Evo on the bottom right of ur signature... is that urs...
if so can u send some more pics of it pelase...
cause that was my main thing bout the Evo was the body... never been a fan of "BoxCars"... but that CF'd one looks prtty clean
[email protected]