PDA

View Full Version : Guess what ladies and gentlemen!

CollinsT
01-22-2005, 05:00 AM
As some allready know My stock clutch went out at 7000 miles and I got a new one the RRE no name.....well guess what? Well my odometer now reads alittle ever 10k miles and this clutch is starting to SLIP....SLIP what is the matter with my engine? Too much power? I swear I go through clutches faster than underware. What clutch will hold up to my abuse....I only drive the car one day a week.damn this pisses me off

Dr. Evo
01-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Sounds like you need to learn how to drive homie.

carbonevo8
01-22-2005, 09:52 AM
i have to agree here it sounds to me that you maybe a little to harsh on the clutch and need to learn to drive on it better. hell i have 15000 on mine and no sliping. this car isnt a drag car so if your launching it dont expect it to last long.

Whooopasss
01-22-2005, 09:54 AM
I have 33,000 miles on my stock clutch and no sliping. I drive my car hard, but no drag launches. I did replace my clutch line with the braided steel one when I had 400 miles. maybe that saved my clutch.

DRFTR8
01-22-2005, 10:02 AM
As some allready know My stock clutch went out at 7000 miles and I got a new one the RRE no name.....well guess what? Well my odometer now reads alittle ever 10k miles and this clutch is starting to SLIP....SLIP what is the matter with my engine? Too much power? I swear I go through clutches faster than underware. What clutch will hold up to my abuse....I only drive the car one day a week.damn this pisses me off

Did you replace your flywheel... it might be the case that it cant hold the force

EvolvedDSM
01-22-2005, 10:56 AM

Did you replace your flywheel... it might be the case that it cant hold the force

We got the flywheel resurfaced and it shouldn't be an issue. If it's slipping, try adjusting the clutch pedal. The way that clutch felt after install reminded me of my old ACT 2600 in my DSM and that thing lasted me over 20K miles of abuse--including a couple hundred 6K RPM launches. I can't see it wearing out after 3K miles unless you're just driving way too hard :)

CollinsT
01-22-2005, 11:43 AM

We got the flywheel resurfaced and it shouldn't be an issue. If it's slipping, try adjusting the clutch pedal. The way that clutch felt after install reminded me of my old ACT 2600 in my DSM and that thing lasted me over 20K miles of abuse--including a couple hundred 6K RPM launches. I can't see it wearing out after 3K miles unless you're just driving way too hard :)
I am not that hard on the clutch, and I do know how to drive. I have done some launches, but this clutch should hold up.

CollinsT
01-22-2005, 11:57 AM
[

try adjusting the clutch pedal. Adjusting where under the steering column or under the hood?

jstockdale
01-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Under the steering column.

You'll need to do this every few months to a year to keep it feeling the best (or at least that's what I've found with my CK2)

-S ...

EvolvedDSM
01-22-2005, 04:53 PM
[

try adjusting the clutch pedal. Adjusting where under the steering column or under the hood?

At the pedal itself--you shouldn't need to bleed the line under the hood unless you've gone low on fluid. Even then, that wouldn't affect the clamping force.

turbotiger
01-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Check and adjust the freeplay. Make sure there's some freeplay and in spec. If it is, then it's your driving dude. If you roast your clutch, make it stink, etc. It's your driving.

If you're drag launching it, you definitely should take out the clutch restrictor, if you haven't already.

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2005, 10:45 AM
22k on stock clutch
8-9 track days
over 320whp
eventually i will change the stock clutch, havent decided what twin plate i will go with.

Absinthe
01-27-2005, 11:12 AM
22k on stock clutch
8-9 track days
over 320whp
eventually i will change the stock clutch, havent decided what twin plate i will go with.

6 track days
270whp

no problems...

EvoKach
01-27-2005, 02:50 PM
23k on the car, (5) 1/4 track days and one track day at T-Hill and my clutch is 100% OK.

I have to go with the guys above and say its the driver. I'm not saying that you cant drive, but launching an AWD car is very difficult, not to mention the things that can go wrong if you dont launch perfectly. Our cars have an awful lot of power stock not to mention to power if modded and missing a few launches could easily throw something out of line. The strange thing to me here is that this is your 2nd clutch and I can understand the first being dusted by learning how to launch the car but the second should have held up as you got used to launching.

ace33joe
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Can someone let me know how I can adjust the clutch pedal more in detail?

I found the floor mat area where the clutch pedal hits became bold. :( I guess the clutch stopper needs to be raised and clutch pedal needs to be moved back to make sure full clutch disengage.

I was crawling under the steering column, and I found a nut that holds the pedal and some push-rod, but can I just unscrew that nut and move the whole thing back and retighten it? :?